Season 4 Rate: The Awful Truth

What did you think of "The Awful Truth"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
The Bank Mission....funniest and possibly most fun mission ever!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack, Jack, Jack, tsk tsk tsk. Don't you know any better? If you're not ready to tell Nadia the truth, don't tell her anything at all. Now that she assumes a lie, when she finds out the REAL truth (which we all know she will), it will just be worse.

Really good ep!

Buju Banton (The song "Champion" for those not in the know)on Alias? JJ is really opening up the pages of the playbook with that one.

Jack...NUFF SAID.

I've come to grips with the fact that this show will never be as good as S1,but i must admit i don't mind the direction/pace...thus far.

I love this show. Thank god the Alias we all know and love seems to be back......I love how all the complex relationships seem to be back. but seriously, what's up with all the commercials, if they are going to put a commercial in every two minutes, we should get two hours!

Waow it was pretty good. It was a very cute episode I think.

Nadia: "I like your smile."

Weiss: "This one right here?"

Weiss: "How red is my face right now?"

Nadia: "Very Red" (She smiles)

LOL I love the nadia and weiss. They're so cute hehe :love:

"Sydney to Sloane: "Knowing that I'm making you feel warm and fuzzy makes me want to throw my own sister out of my home onto the street." LOL

"VAUGHN: We have to find her!
MARSHALL: I know what I'm doing all right, just SHUT UP!!
(pause)
MARSHALL: I'm sorry.
VAUGHN: (surprised) No. That was good."

:lol: go Marshall... :smiley: Marshall is so funny, I love marshall hehe

My favorite in the episode was the beginning and music it had...
I loved the Dixon and Vaughn fight. and Marshall and Syd totally kicked A**

"Man: What are you doing
Syd: Breakin into your safe
Man: (the man laughs) You almost had me there."

:lol: :lol: Again with the laughing. This episode was so funny.

JACK: It must have got lost in the mail.
SYDNEY: Your invitation?
JACK: (stoic and robotic) Unless it was an e-vite. I don't read e-vites.

"Jack: Sometimes a satisfying lie does more good than the awful truth." Jack is such a cool character :cool: .

I really miss Sark this season, I can't believe I have to wait so long for him to appear... It's torture. You know what would be cool, if he became a part of APO LOL *hopeful thinking*

The commercial breaks were horrible. Most shows have four breaks, this one has seven. That's just too many. At one point, we had four minutes of show time between commercial breaks.

I said the same thing about the four to five minute segment. It must be because they always open with a really long segment before they take their first break. And I'm sure with their budget they need to pay for it some how.

As for this ep, I loved it! Thought it was funny, intense, clever and just plain Alias. I do agree that the filming is a little choppy...seems as though the directors think this gives it a "real" feel. I personally think they need to steady it down just a bit.

I wish that they would go on a mission and not get caught. I'm sure that each week someone will be taken and then have to be saved (Nadia is batting 1000% is the saving Syd column). I really think that they are good enough to get in and out (like in the bank) coming close to exposure but narrowley escaping.

I miss the dead drops that Syd used to have to do.

Tenderbear said:
Oh yeah, I have a bone to pick about inconsistencies in this episode!
[post="1157859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The one that piqued my curiosity, was the whole laser watch thing. When Syd is messing with the server, she puts it in her pocket, then when she is with Weiss, it is on her wrist again.

five said:
The commercial breaks were horrible. Most shows have four breaks, this one has seven. That's just too many. At one point, we had four minutes of show time between commercial breaks.
[post="1157780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Seven?! Good lord, I knew there were alot but that's insane... :confused:

I loved the beginning of this episode, with everyone involved, so great.

Marshall gettin' feisty! Me likey!

Not so happy with Jack playing the CYA (cover your ass) game by lying to Nadia, but I agree that the "Sometimes a satisfying lie is better than the awful truth" line was brilliant.

Nadia and Weiss! Soooooo cute!!! :blush:

The show is just so much more fun this season. I'm lovin' it. :lol:

LOVED this episode. It was fun, fast-paced, with a great story (man that guy was creeeeepy), good action and some interesting character developments.

I loved the interaction between Nadia and Jack. When they were in the plane facing each other it brought to mind great reparte between Irina and Jack - even in the facial expressions and mannerisms of Nadia/Mia. That girl has been doing her homework.

It alluded to several "secrets to come" between Jack and Sloane, Sloane and Nadia, etc. Very cool.

And it also set up the Weiss / Nadia relationship - which is where I think JJ et. al. are so very smart. If you think about it, the magic between Sydney and Vaughn was in their getting together. (Isn't that the truth in most love stories...) Now we have a new couple to watch as they navigate that exciting and emotional courtship faze. It will be a great foil to the Vaughn and Syd relationship, which is so much further down the road.

All in all - I would say one of the best since season 2! :cool:

Overall I liked this episode.

Don't like the fact that the episodes are self-contained storylines that don't end in cliffhangers. I used to love the cliffhangers at the end of the show and then having to wait an entire week before figuring out what happened. There is no excitement to watching next week's episode anymore. But I will tune it cause I am such a huge ALIAS fan.

Loved Marshall going on missions with Syd.

Don't like the fact that Dixon seems to be on the sidelines more. We don't see enough of him. Miss seeing Syd and Dixon in action.

In addition, is it just me or is Sydney getting sloppier and less competent in her missions. She seems to keep getting caught and Nadia keeps saving her life.

Don't like the frequent commercial breaks but I TIVO it so I can just fast forward through them :P

Oh, and I went to the movies on Monday and guess what they showed in the ads before the movie started? A promo for ALIAS!!!!

nance said:
i liked this ep better than the premiere.

and while i agree that it's more choppy, that's what season one was like and s1 was the best.
[post="1157487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
S1 wasn't as choppy as this one is. And S1 had cliffhangers! :(

mystery_chick said:
I think it thew them off that she didn't sign for another year or two. I mean it was pretty stupid of them not having her sign a 7 year contract like they did with Melissa George ( :rolleyes: which was redundent... but let's not go there) it's just wierd. Why did they only sign for one year?
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1157514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
She's Lena Olin, movie actress extraordinaire. He probably couldn't get her to sign a contact longer than a year!

Also, you brought up MG's 7 year contract... and look at how long that lasted! :lol:

mystery_chick said:
:lol: or is he? :Ph34r: :lol: I love Jack, but honestly, the man's got too many secrets to be a good father.
[post="1157542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah I feel the same way. Something's wrong. Also, he is SO in cahoots with Sloane! And Sloane = evil, right? So, something's terribly amiss. Unless Jack is playing Sloane, but ahh! I fear he isn't. :thinking:

Oh yeah, Azy mentioned that Nadia may not be duped. I hope you're right, Azy! :smiley:

Ive been having this bad feeling about Irina's death. The thing is I really dont think that Jack killed her. Just a thought, but what if Sydney killed her in those two years she was missing? Last season we never physicaly saw Irian, we only "saw" jack communicating with her through a computer. I really dont believe that Jack killed her, and what about Katya? Why and who order her to pull the gun on sydney at the end of season 3? I thikn there is something much bigger going on here. what do you guys think?

It was great I liked the whole Mission at the begining with everyone it was awesome!!! I loved Vaughn and Dixon. Umm and Sydney Ima Ima gonna kick you A-- totally awesome!

I finally saw it and it was great. I commented how happy I am because Weiss is in APO so I'm not gonna discuss it again.
The episode was like 1 long spy mission. I mean I don't remember many missions that have lasted this long. There was like lots of action. Syd has a persona life now. All of the party scenes were great. Nadia and Weiss!!! :woot:
Totally cool. I liked that Marshall stood up for himself and told vaughn to shut up. I think it was the best quote. Even though we only see Jen's face during intro everybody else are included on missions much more when they were used to be.
Jack lied to Nadia. It sucks. He's just makin' it worse. And when Nadia shot that bad guy I didn't have a clue that Jack lied. When the bad guy fell down and Nadia shot him 7 times more I knew that there was somethin' wrong.
Cons: 1)No word of the Covenant. It looks like they're bringing in the new enemy. I can't remember the name of the organisation..
2) No word of Katya.
3) No Rambaldi.

My rating: one of the best episodes of Alias.

oh my stars, first of all....her accent wow it was FREAKIN awsome!!! i LOVE jen! she can pull anything off.
though i must say that when she jumped on the car, i was like what in heavens name is she trying to accomplish?
oh and when that guy (cant member his name) got shot and we didn't see who the person was that shot him...i thought it mite be sark, far fetched but still hopefull
all in all...great epi (kinda better than last weeks in some ways, i hate to admit)

I really liked this ep. It was very season one-ish. But I was so sad because she didn't get to kick that guy's ass, she only shot him in the shoulder. I loved the spydaddy twist! And how he manipulated nadia.

I'm also curious about something else:
If that Uber-Computer was so sweet, why did Weiss just blow the felgercarb out of it? Seemed kinda anti-climatic, no?

Oh All the Vaughn Hatein' Back off the Vaughn Woman!

It's too much Vaughn hatin in this thread for me. I'm not a Sark fan but I'm not constantly being negative about him. It seems Vaughn can do nothing right in the eyes of the Sark fans.

I thought last night's episode was great. I liked the use of accents and the whole first sequence of events at the bank. And to speak on accents, Dixon's was the only authentic one, but liked the others too. I don't think we should look for perfection when it comes to this type thing. I thought all the characters were good. Really liked the interaction between Marshall and Vaughn. I like Weiss and Nadia getting together and Weiss knowing about the APO. Liked the fact that S/V were socializing together and Syd having a party for Weiss. I just think Jack is the best a deceiving someone and seemingly not thinking twice about it. His stoic looks are the best. He and Sloane are up to something but I like the fact that it's developing slowly.

The episode was great, i loved it! That Jack so sly, but i love him so i forgive him ;) The whole episode was exciting, am glad Weiss know the truth, i thought he got shot when the Martin shot at him, it was worrying! Also love the S/V bits, so great, i love their chemistry, i especially liked their little talk through the rifle communicater thing. :D Marshall was cool, but thats not new, everything about the episode was great, loved every bit, next weeks episode looks crazy, cant wait for that!

eta: Vaughn in the accent, it was mad, he did good, that sounded so good (and im British) Dixon was hilarious, i liked his accent too, great scene, great opening!

Back