Season 5 The Awful Truth

Brought over to SD1 by Sydfan2323
Found at TWOP:
http://www.tvguide.com/listings/index.asp

January 12, 2005

The Awful Truth

The hunt for an NSA code-breaking computer has an incognito Syd cozying up to an arms dealer with ties to a terrorist group known as the Baden Liga. Meanwhile, Jack uses Nadia's psychological testing to cover up his role in Irina's murder.

This has to be a typo or some sort of J/I cover up to keep her hidden from the girls!!

Yeah you can imagine the Toasters and Irina fans are not in the least pleased. :angry:

But I'm still hoping this will turn out to be a scheme set up by Jack and Irina.

I JUST FOUND THIS
omg im like crying over here -- ok not really
but ok when we first heard about 'someone sydney loves is killed by someone she loves' it was fairly obvious irina was the one that died and i figured it was jack possibly vaughn that killed her but...
OMG!!!!!!! JACKY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
not my spy daddy! spy daddy isnt alowed to kill spy mommy!!!!
🇳🇴 :nonono:
:sadangel: im going to miss my spy mommy :cry:
this totally breaks my little J/I shipper heart :sadangel:
but perhaps :Ponder: its all just a ruse... who knows...

Well, it just says that he has a role in her murder. That could mean anything. It almost seems like there were more than one person involved in it. What does Nadia's psychological testing have to do with Jack's role?

If he did do it, it was to protect Sydney. He warned Irina in S2, that if she endangered Sydney in any way then he would kill her.

Leslie I agree. I don't believe it.

ETA: Jinnie's confirmed it, it would seem. She also added this [probably a mega-major spoiler ahead]

The documents in Wittenberg are documents of Jack requesting, and receiving, permission to kill Irina, because she was a witness and was a threat to Sydney. Spec is that Jack knew Syd was alive during the two years (that he placed her in the Covenant), and Irina somehow found out, so he killed her to prevent her from telling Sydney. But whoever gave Jack Bristow permission to kill Irina is an idiot. She may have done bad things, but Jack has a personal stake in it, and it's possible he forged somethings. Also, it IS possible, I suppose, that the documents themselves were forged, but it seems unlikely ;). Sorry if you don't like this.

OMG!!! :eek: I was dying to know who was going to kill Irina....WHY JACK? WHY!!!!!!?????
Now that I know...I wish i would have waited! Don't yall ever feel like that? Oh well...i always say i am not going to look but then I do....LOL! HAPPY NEW YEARS YALL! :cool:

OMG!
just coz lena olin doesn't want to come back doesn't mean they have to kill irina off!

just having her presence there is good enough!
like in season three

this sucks

:nonono:

I know im gonna get killed for saying this, but here it goes.....

DEEEP BREATH.....

I dont mind that Jack Killed Irina. Im actually quite happy about it. Not about the actual KILLING, but it was obvious to a blind man that Lena Olin was never coming back to the show, and i would MUCH rather her being killed off now than just being this pathetic not-character for the rest of the series.
As for Jack killing her, well, i think its fitting. After all the pain shes put him through, i think theres a certain irony to it that, quite frankly, i really dont mind.

There. I said it. 🍅

:run:

Bubbles said:
OMG!
just coz lena olin doesn't want to come back doesn't mean they have to kill irina off!

just having her presence there is good enough!
like in season three

this sucks

:nonono:
[post="1137875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wait. You LIKED that?

UncoveringAlias said:
Leslie I agree. I don't believe it.

ETA: Jinnie's confirmed it, it would seem. She also added this [probably a mega-major spoiler ahead]

The documents in Wittenberg are documents of Jack requesting, and receiving, permission to kill Irina, because she was a witness and was a threat to Sydney. Spec is that Jack knew Syd was alive during the two years (that he placed her in the Covenant), and Irina somehow found out, so he killed her to prevent her from telling Sydney. But whoever gave Jack Bristow permission to kill Irina is an idiot. She may have done bad things, but Jack has a personal stake in it, and it's possible he forged somethings. Also, it IS possible, I suppose, that the documents themselves were forged, but it seems unlikely ;). Sorry if you don't like this.
[post="1137152"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh my, Jack is not a saint! ;)

The only good thing about that is that it shows how alike Jack and Irina are, which is something I'm quite fond of. Just my humble opinion.

Anyway, that spoiler makes me think that something is not quite so obvious..
The fact that Jack requested permission to kill Irina makes me think that they planned for this together and thus she is not really dead.

Denial is a beautiful thing. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, all I can say is that I feel sorry for Sydney.

But doesn't this throw off a lot of other things? I mean like last season --who was he chatting with? (AIM convo) What about Katya? She claimed Irina was the one who sent her.

Unless he killed Irina after that time...

I am in such denial right now. Can anyone clear this up?

:hmm: I seriously think that this is a set-up cuz there's no way Jack can actually kill Irina. :nonono: I mean, look at all those times he had a chance and didn't.... En plus, didn't he tell Vaughn something along the lines that there were so many times where he could have killed Irina and didn't.

So... the question is what is JJ really up to and is he really trying to disappoint a lot of fans? :Ponder:

Well you've got a point, Kat. I think this is a way of "killing" Irina again and hopefully bringing her back to life. Like the transition of S1-S2. After all, didn't he say he wanted to bring back Alias like it was in S1?

Well if not, then he's doing a really good job of disappointing a lot of fans.

well first those documents were dated in the '70's. and Jack obviously didn't kill Irina back then. so i don't think the clue/spoiler about the documents is valid.

i don't believe Irina's dead. JJ has said numerous times that she's still a big part of the ALIAS storyline. and i think given time Lena will return. but JJ isn't one to give up so easily or take such a cheap way out.

i'm not paying much mind to this particular spoiler. i'm just gonna wait and see.

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
But doesn't this throw off a lot of other things? I mean like last season --who was he chatting with? (AIM convo) What about Katya? She claimed Irina was the one who sent her.

Unless he killed Irina after that time...

I am in such denial right now. Can anyone clear this up?
[post="1138615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Exactly.

Back