Season 5 The Awful Truth

There's something else. I'm sure Irina is probably more than likely the one that will be killed just based on the spoilers I've read, but this is Alias so it doesn't really mean she's dead. I doubt there's going to be body if it is her, plus her death was faked once before, it can always be faked again.

No, I think JJ realizes that he's done enough of that. The thing is, Irina can't die; especially at Jack's hands. Because she is a FAR better spy than he is. She is quite possibly the best spy in the world in the Aliasverse.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HH,OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!OMG!!!!!!I don't think I'm ever going to be able to look at Jack ever again!!!! :jawdrop: :eekhair: :argue:

Leslie said:
No, I think JJ realizes that he's done enough of that. The thing is, Irina can't die; especially at Jack's hands. Because she is a FAR better spy than he is. She is quite possibly the best spy in the world in the Aliasverse.
[post="1140423"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think someone's in denial. :P
--Mandy :angelic:

I believe JJ did what he had to with the character of Irina, unfortunately without the actress who so brilliantly portrayed her, all we were getting was a hollow story.
Season 1 Laura/Irina to me, was almost inconsequential. For the most part we believed her to be dead. The whole family dynamic was between Sydney and Jack. With the revealation that Irina was alive towards the end of season1, surely peaked the curiosty but, still we were not vested in the character because we didn't know the character.
Season 2 was for me a distrust/trust issue with the character of Irina, never truly enveloping her into my 'Alias' fold but, still completely in awe of the performance from Lena Olin.
Season 3 with no Irina in sight, the lackluster plotline she was in, and the knowledge that Lena would not return and that they would not recast the role, spelled it out clearly for me...Irina needed to die or her storyline would stagnate. There is just so much off the screen story that most people are willing to put up with. I believe JJ and the writing team may have also felt this so they have pushed her death into the new season. And yet again it will bring to the forefront the whole Jack and Sydney family dynamic. Probably as problematic and turbulent as it was in season 1 with Sydney having to once again hear Jack out and learn his reasons for his actions before learning to trust him again.

IRINA'S DEAD!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! (pulls hair from head and runs around screaming)

not spymummy. nononnnononononononono
i refuse to accept it.
i will live in denial.

hold on.

just had a thought.

if jack 'requested' to have irina killed wouldn't the cia have stopped him. i mean that murder in cold blood. i don't think the cia would allow that.

Well this is from Jinnie a confirmed spoiler source and this is how she worded it and I will honour the way she posted it by leaving it in spoiler tags ...
Probably major, so spoiled as one last step. If I were you, I'd wait until the 5th and not read what's below. Really.
The documents Sydney found in Wittenberg were Jack requesting permission to kill a witness endangering her. That witness was Irina.

According to the documents, after attaining permission, Jack hunted his wife down and killed her.

^ Yeah I read that, too. And yeah, it's much better to read it like that, because then there's a chance that the documents are lying.

I'm still at a loss to explain Jack's love for Irina and his frequent (and loving, it seemed) communications with her during S2, if this "killing Irina project" supposedly began in 1974. :confused: it *could* be, since Syd was qutie young when Irina "died" (and Jack found out about her true identity), that this permission/directive is outdated. In other words, he asked for it back then. But then S2 happened. And S3. And so forth... So she isn't dead. Coz she can't be. :confused:

P.S. Not denial. De truth. :D

JJ might make it do it this way to kind of make it questionable as to whether Irina is dead or not so that if Lena Olin agrees to come back, he can easily bring Irina back into the show. On the other hand if she doesn't agree to come back, Irina can be actually be dead. This way he doesn't have to worry about having a storyline that works for an absent Irina at least for this season.

~*Sydney_Bristow*~ said:
i don't get what shippers are...lol. its everywhere.
[post="1142050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

To "ship" for a couple means you want them together on the show. the Toasters "ship" J/I (Jack/Irina).

~*Sydney_Bristow*~ said:
o ok. thanx! Toasters. lol. thats a funny name.
[post="1142412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Heh. The name was inspired by the Toaster conversation in Passage, when Jack and Irina remember the fire incident. They were drunk, and they nearly set the house on fire (well technically Jack did) using a broken toaster. Hence the name, Drunken Toasters.

if you go to authorizedpersonnelonly.net and watch Mia Maestro's last interview (I think anyways) she says "Sydney and Nadia deals with how their mother died whether or if she is dead" (that was only parapharse) now she added the second part on as a added on thought so... dun dun dun? :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

Back