• 1 - It was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was good

• 4 - It was great!

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

• Total voters
personally i'm glad that vaughn has married. i hope syd will find another man. isn't there something that said there will be another man coming into alias...? i'm not too sure, but hopefully that'll be syd's new interest. ahaha, it was so great when she beat vaughn down. so hilarious. i'm glad she told vaughn how she felt. i understand it is hard with her"dying" but he shouldn't have gotten married almost two years after her "death". he deserved with what he got. go syd. move on.

The premiere was okay. That's it. Not great, not bad, just okay.

I'm not sure exactly why they put Jack in prison if Sydney was just going to bust him out in the first episode. That was kind of pointless, not to mention ridiculous, considering she had no prior relationship with this Lindsey person. Lindsey just folded on the computer chip thing because Dixon said she would melt it, please. The negociations to free Jack should have lasted more than 7 seconds. With Jack in prison, Sydney would have been forced to rely on Weiss for a while. It would have been interesting to see how that played out, since Weiss is Vaughn's buddy.

Let's face it, the show is called ALIAS. We expect that Sydney will dress up as something in each episode in order to complete a mission. It's too bad ABC showed us her only ALIAS in the previews. That kind of ruined it. And anyway, why did Sydney dress up like that? It's not like she snuck up on the car. She blew it up from a few hundred feet away. Was a ALIAS really necessary?

Sydney's interaction with Vaughn was almost my favorite part. She's acting like a total hypocrit, considering she was physically and emotionally involved with Vaughn less than two years after Danny's death, and she was engaged to Danny. Vaughn made no commitment to her. But this is exactly how someone would react. Disappointed, suspicious, angry, irrational. The reaction is real. And Jennifer, as always, convinces viewers to side with Sydney even though we know she's wrong. Where's that Emmy, dammit?

And lastly, and more consistently, Marshall is becoming my favorite character on this show. That's saying a lot, considering he only had a few lines in the premiere. Marhsall in disguise is what I'm looking forward to. The previews have convinced me to "have faith."

I just wanted to add my two cents.

First the teaching thing. It is very possible for Vaughn to become a teacher in a span of two years.
With any kind of degree he could immediately enter teachers college, which would take anywhere from 6 months to a year.
So thats not impossible.

Second yes Sydney was involved with someone else after Danny died, but she wasn't married so quickly, she was in a relationship. Its totally different.
How long do you usually know someone/date someone before u ask them to marry you??
How long then do you wait after getting engaged for the actual ceremony.

Honestly it seems like he barely grieved at all before he moved on. And thats what angers me.

Sydney wasn't really in a new relationship for 2 years, and it was just starting and developing. you cannot really compare the two scenarios.

and an Alias isn't about dressing in disguise. Why dont you go look up the definition and then come back here.

i thoghtti was aweosme.. i feel so bad for vaughn and syd.
and the promos.. the disquises the cars.. omg the ferarri in this eppy. her wig. her dress. it was al so aweome.

ok i want to know what the hell is up with sloane and i know he is up to something just like syd said that she doesnt buy his sh*t!! what a bunch of bs how the telling changed him! RIGHT! that was just to fishy!

actually i was kinda disappointed with this ep..not much to it..but gotta love the spy daddy part....so sweet..he actually told her he loved her...=')...then again there was vaughn....grrr.....got on so quickly...its so sad..she really loved him....and he juss....moved on...='(...and hten there are the promos!!!! gah!!! i cant wait...

i was very disappointed but i think it was because i read just about every spoiler there was and so there was nothing shocking about it. I think this is the worst episode that J.J. himself wrote but im hopeful that this season is going to be the best ever. It's just gonna take an ep or two to get the momentum Season 2. I loved the opening scene and i absolutely loved it when she told Vaughn off at the end. It was so touching!!!! I cried!!!! Im so pumped for next weeks episode it's gonna be ten times better than The Two, mostly because Sark is in it. Oh YEAH!!!!!1

verdantheart said:
Charlie said:
Existentialist said:
Vaughn could be a college professor... you don't need a teaching degree for that.
... but you do need qualifications. You can't just walk up and say "Hey! I want to teach!" ;)
Actually, if you have a desirable background, they'll let you teach while you get your credential. (A teacher told my husband that because he's got a background in programming and has expressed interest in teaching.)
;)
That would be a qualification ;)

My point: What area does Vaughn know about?

BTW: Being a college professor is a great job in that it's very flexible (my father is one).

Boston Scientist @Sep 29 2003 said:
And anyway, why did Sydney dress up like that? It's not like she snuck up on the car. She blew it up from a few hundred feet away. Was a ALIAS really necessary?
Good point. Lol. But then again, how boring would it have been for us if she'd just walked up dressed as Sydney and let him have it? You have to weigh the coolness factor, which is an essential element of Alias. Even if there's no real need for a wig, we want the wig!!! Show us the wig!! :D

I have to admit I voted for "okay." I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as fabulous as I was hoping. It feels like we weren't told anything and while I cetainly don't want to know to be told everything in the first episode, I would have liked more information.

at first i was a little confused as to how with all that Sloane has done how he could get a pardon. but he provided the CIA with 12 terrorist groups (or whatever). he basically handed them over to the CIA. the CIA would be likely to grant him a pardon in exchange for that information and also because it seemed that Sloane had possibly changed his evil ways.

my only complaint about the premier is that it seemed to move things along a little too quickly. abc should have given JJ an hour and a half. or done like the pilot and had no commercials. so much to do in so little time. i still loved it. don't get me wrong

Azalea said:
Boston Scientist @Sep 29 2003 said:
And anyway, why did Sydney dress up like that? It's not like she snuck up on the car. She blew it up from a few hundred feet away. Was a ALIAS really necessary?
Good point. Lol. But then again, how boring would it have been for us if she'd just walked up dressed as Sydney and let him have it? You have to weigh the coolness factor, which is an essential element of Alias. Even if there's no real need for a wig, we want the wig!!! Show us the wig!! :D
ITS ALIAS!!!!!!
It wouldn't be any fun if she just walked up with no disguise ^_^

Syd sure does now how to accessorize
Red wig, Red Dress, and Red Farrari!
Gotta love the woman ^_^

Remember when the bad guy was just about to slit Weiss' throat? It seemed to me that he got a good look at Sydney. Now if she'd showed up in his car's path in the exact same clothes w/ no disguise, wouldn't he have just blown her away instead of stopping the car? Instead he was blown away. He stops the car because she looks killer, and he doesn't recgnize her because of the wig. :redhair: :smiley:

Even if there's no real need for a wig, we want the wig!!! Show us the wig!!
Exactly. We want the wig. And fortunately for us, the wig was needed.

I was running around and screaming the whole time the episode was on. Basically, on every commercial, I stormed through the house screaming about it was all so very wrong.

Personally, I just thought it was okay. I was a little disappointed, and I thought last year's premier was so much better. After I've been waiting for so long, I would like to know something in the first episode, and not a whole lot of nothing.

Charlie said:
My point: What area does Vaughn know about?
Since he comes out of the CIA, there's probably several areas of expertise he could draw upon, but I'd suggest social studies/geography.

BTW: Being a college professor is a great job in that it's very flexible (my father is one).
Depends on where you teach and what your subject is. (My father was one and I decided not to become one to avoid the politics/lack of emphasis on teaching (believe it or not).) If you have to "publish or perish," the job can be extremely demanding indeed!
;)

Patomac said:
After I've been waiting for so long, I would like to know something in the first episode, and not a whole lot of nothing.
Well, we know that

1. Dixon was promoted
2. The reason that they thought Sydney was dead was that her house was burned & they found DNA evidence
3. Jack was imprisoned by the NSC for resisting authority
4. Sloane was pardoned for turning in a bunch of terrorist cells & claims to be reformed--but he still knows way too much about way too much
5. There's a new group out called The Covenant
6. Carrie & Marshall are together & having a baby
7. Jack found out that Sydney was alive about a year ago (but was prevented from doing anything about it!)
8. Jack was working with Irina (!) (that's why he was imprisoned)
9. Sydney assassinated at least one person while she was "out"

Incidentally we know

1. Vaughn is definitely married
2. Weiss lost some weight
3. Lindsay is an ass and it will probably be a lot of "fun" working with the NSC

That may not be all you want to know, but it isn't a "whole lot of nothing" either.
;)

liked ur list!

anyways, i am so excited for next weeks episode.... 5 more days!

im excited cos a) sark will be in it.
b) the wife ill be in it
c) mostly, MORE VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe.... ems

Back