Right In Front Of Me

Janet! OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THE LINKS ON THE FRONT PAGE! I COULDNT FIND THE CHAPTERS WITHOUT THEM!!!

I've been SO lost without PMs!!!!! :blink:

It's just so hard to find the last chapter!!! :(:(:(:(:(

oh yeah, PM me please!

aww poor syd! this will break her heart not being able to tell michael because they tell each other everything!
i loved it!!!
cant wait for more!! :D update soon
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

See, I think Syd should just get everything out!!!
1.) Tell Vaughn the truth about her parents
2.) Tell Vaughn how she really feels about him!!!! :angelic:
Great update!! Loved it!!!

That was great ... poor Syd soo confused ... glad that Irina is ok ... poor Syd cant even talk about it with Michael ... more soon please

I'm sure she won't be able to keep it a secret very long
You find out something like that and you really gotta talk to someone

ps great idea posting the links...it makes things so much easier :D

Now Sydney is keeping secrets.

I do agree Nadia is too young to understand what's going on, or even, to keep a secret. It's better she doesn't know.

What a big shock for Sydney.

So, is Jack really out of the CIA?

Stupid CIA, thinking Irina was the one. They didn't have to beat on her.

I'm glad they said they will tell Nadia when she is older.

Poor Sydney, she has a lot to digest and she can't tell Michael about it.
I'll bet that will cause a little bit of angst between them. (You do put in angst sometimes) :whistle:

WOW. I had to go back three pages instead of two!

Man, people must love you.

I just go to the last page and go back two, but sometimes that isn't enough! In this case. *shakes head* Yeah, yeah I know this was l... is late... theres a creepy car out front. *shivers* I'm a parrinoid person.

-STILL dancin' with myself :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

(You do put in angst sometimes) :whistle:
i know hehe :angelnot:

Chapter 7
For almost two hours Sydney walked around her neighborhood thinking about the mind blowing information she had just received. They had never been secretive about the fact that her mother was born and raised in Russia, though they couldn’t really have been since she did still have a slight accent, especially when she was tired. Sydney and her sister had been told from a young age that their mother had attended school in Russia and had come to UCLA for grad school, which is when she met their father. It was a sweet and romantic tale, but now everything was changed. They lied about this, so why not other things? How could she believe anything that they told her?

After one more lap around the block, she was in tears again. She heard a car pull up beside her and saw that it was Michael. “Syd? What happened? Is it your mom?” he asked.

She opened the passenger side door and climbed inside. “Can we go somewhere to talk?” she sniffed.

“Sure… you wanna go back to my parent’s-”

“No,” she cut him off. “Somewhere else please.”

“Okay,” Michael nodded. He did a U-turn in the middle of their street and headed back out of their neighborhood, bound for Sydney’s favorite spot in the whole world. It was a lookout point on a high mountain-like hill near their house, about fifteen minutes away. She loved that spot.

Once there, Sydney got out of the car and walked over to the railing on one of the cliff edges, looking out across the tree covered valley below them. Michael followed her and stood beside her. It took her a few minutes before she spoke but she finally said, “Michael, can you promise not to tell anyone what I’m going to tell you? Because I’m not supposed to t-tell anyone but… but I just have to,” she said while choking slightly on her tears.

“Sure, of course Syd, what is it?” he asked her softly.

“M-My…my parents are s-spies… they were spies… my dad worked for the CIA and my mom was a Russian spy,” she sniffed, almost laughing at the end because of how ridiculous that sounded.

“You’re kidding,” he laughed, almost sounding relieved.

“No….,” she said slowly.

“Syd, my dad works for the CIA too,” he told her.

“WHAT?!” she gasped.

“Oh yeah, totally. That bank job he has is a cover. Remember when he used to go on all those trips when we were younger? He was going on like… spying missions… of course, I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone that,” he sighed.

“Wait, wait,” Sydney said trying to grasp how insane her life had just become. “Serious? He’s a spy? How long have you known?”

“They told me when I turned eighteen,” he told her. “Yeah, remember how freaked out I was and you thought I had seen them having sex and I just went with it? Well, it was really because they told me that,” he explained to her.

She nodded slowly, recalling the incident. “Does that mean your mom is….?”

“NO, no, no,” he said quickly. “But her father was,” he told her. Sydney looked shocked. “Yeah, their story is totally cool. Like, he was sent on a mission by the CIA to go over to France and like bust into this party and steal something or other.”

“I do hope the CIA gave him a bit more detail than that,” Sydney laughed softly at him.

He rolled his eyes. “Anyway, so it was my mom’s father’s party and he was like this bad rogue dude or something. So my dad goes to the party and he and my mother see each other and it’s like BAM l’amour, or so my mom says anyway,” he laughed softly. Sydney smiled. “So they have this one dance and then my father has to leave ‘cause he’s gotta do his spy felgercarb, but she followed him-”

“Oh no,” Sydney interrupted.

“Yeah, totally, she followed him after he took whatever it was and he told her he needed to leave, so he left her behind. But then the next week, he went back and they had this insane weekend together and she followed him back to America,” Michael told her.

“Oh my god, serious?” Sydney asked, nearly squealing. Michael nodded. “That’s like the most romantic thing ever.”

“I know,” he laughed softly. “They only knew each other a week before they got married and they’ve been together almost twenty-five years now.”

“Wow,” Sydney sighed and shook her head in amazement. “I don’t know what my parent’s story is… they didn’t tell me, of course I didn’t really give them a chance.”

“What did they say?” he asked her.

“Just that my mom used to be a spy and they arrested her yesterday because they thought she was spying again… but she’s not… apparently… I don’t even know anymore. I mean, they lied to me about this. What if they lied about other stuff?!” she whimpered.

“I know,” he sighed in a knowing way. “I felt the same way. But then I realized that they weren’t lying to me about… not really being married or something. Think about it, I mean, the CIA never wants to reveal the identity of their spies, I mean, it kinda defeats the purpose. Plus, it’s a dangerous job.”

“Yeah,” she sighed. “I guess… it’s just a lot.”

“Give it a few days,” he smiled down at her and rubbed her back softly.

She leaned her head against his shoulder. “What would I do without you, hmm?”

“Dunno, but right back atcha,” he winked.

“Hey… you think…. You think our parents know about, you know, each other being involved with the CIA?” Sydney asked him a moment later.

“Um… most likely, yeah…. Well, I dunno, maybe not, but I think they probably do,” he told her. “It’s not like we can ask though…”

“Right, because then we’d reveal that we told each other,” Sydney finished his thought for him. Sydney sighed and looked back down across the valley, where there were birds flying everywhere between the trees. “I love it here…”

“I know you do,” he told her with a soft laugh.

Sydney lifted her head off Michael’s shoulder and looked up at him. For some reason, in that moment, she saw him differently. He was the Michael that was always there for her, her best friend, the one she had loved ever since she could remember. She leaned her face up close to his and when he turned to look at her, their lips met. Neither of them moved, for it was what they had both secretly wanted for a very long time. In a moment, Michael’s hands had been removed from the railing and they were at her hips and her hands were around his neck as their kiss grew more passionate.

After a minute, Michael pulled back and whispered breathlessly, “What was that?”

“I don’t know,” she said just as breathy as him. Then they brought their lips together once more and Sydney pulled herself closer to him as she ran her fingers through his hair. They continued to kiss for almost ten minutes, only taking breaks to take a breath.

“Oh damnit,” Sydney sighed at one of their oxygen breaks.

“What?” Michael asked.

“Our mothers were right,” she said in an almost defeated way.

“I know… that really sucks… that they’re going to gloat, that is,” he clarified. She nodded, brought her hands down from his neck, ran them down the length of his arms and finally linked her hands together with his.

“So… um,” she began cautiously.

“Yeah,” he laughed softly with a smile.

“You felt that right?” she asked him, referring not only to the butterflies but to the good, perfect feeling of them kissing.

“Oh yeah,” he nodded. Then he looked down at his feet. “The truth is… I felt it at Sarah’s party too…”

“So did I,” Sydney jumped in.

He looked up at her. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

She shrugged. “I didn’t want to freak you out… I mean, I didn’t want to ruin what we have and I wasn’t sure you felt the same way…,” her voice drifted off. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I didn’t think you’d go out with me,” he laughed softly.

“What?” she gasped in surprise. “Why not?” He just shrugged. “Michael, you’re my best friend, of course I would.”

He gave her a smile. “So…do we know what’s going on here?”

“No,” she laughed softly. “But I want to find out.”

“Me too,” he said before kissing her softly.

“I don’t think we should tell our mothers though,” Sydney told him.

“Are you kidding?!” he laughed. “Of course not. They’d be planning a wedding before we’d even finished the conversation.”

“Yes,” she laughed softly. “We need to take it slow and figure this out, because… who knows… it could be…,” she let her voice drift off.

“Definitely,” he smiled before kissing her again.

^_^

Back