Right In Front Of Me

aww they are so cute!! i love it! i am glad that they arent rushing things and that they are content with the way things are with them at the moment!
cant wait for more :D update soon :smiley:

Does anybody else get these weird pop-up Jambo Tv things? Becuase I do, and its making me really angry, everytime I go to a different link I get it.

How dareth thee :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Lets hope one of them doesn't toss and turn in their sleep. The other could end up with a black eye. They might have to come up with better sleeping arrangements the next time they spend the weekend together.

omg, they're adorable. i was rather surprised that there was no more than a kiss though, not that i'm a crazy fiend, lol. great update
Aliaschick347

Their sleeping arrangement are really weird but yet at the same time cute :love:
I love how they finally decided to talk about it and took a decision ^_^

Chapter 16
Michael was only able to visit Sydney twice more at school because of academic obligations and conflicts, but they were both glad for that much, since when he visited, they weren’t looking over their shoulders or carefully listening for approaching footsteps; they were free to simply be in love with each other.

Finally, winter break arrived, and because of their differing final exam schedules, Sydney came home two days before Michael, meaning she moped and sulked in front of the TV until the day of his return arrived. He wasn’t scheduled to be back until at least dinner time because his exams ran into the afternoon, so in the morning, Sydney volunteered to help her mother organize and staple packets of information for the four week class she was teaching over winter break.

“This will actually work out well for you, Sydney,” Irina said, referring to the fact that she’d be teaching over break. “I’ll be out of the house so you and Michael can… spend some time before he leaves.”

At first, Sydney rolled her eyes slightly at this. Ever since she had found out the truth, Irina made it a habit to make comments like that whenever she and Sydney were alone. Sydney suspected she was simply proud that she actually knew the truth and enjoyed showing it off. Then, Sydney realized exactly what her mother had said and asked, “Wait, what do you mean ‘before he leaves’?”

“You know, before he goes to France for the semester,” Irina said casually. Then, she looked up and noticed the half-horrified, half-furious look on her daughter’s face. “Which… apparently, he didn’t tell you about,” Irina cringed.

“WAIT!” Sydney screamed, practically frantic. “Go back. Explain.”

“Well… Amelia told me that she talked Michael into spending a semester abroad. He decided to go to France since he’s fluent in French… I’m so sorry Sydney, I had no idea that he wouldn’t discuss it with you especially since… well…”

“He’s going to France… for the entire semester,” Sydney stammered, entirely livid. Her mother nodded slowly. “So… when does the little liar leave?”

“Right after New Year’s,” Irina told her quietly.

“New Year’s!? I cannot believe he didn’t tell me!” Sydney exclaimed as she threw up her hands in anger. “Why wouldn’t he tell me?!”

“I don’t know,” Irina said truthfully.

“I’m gonna kill him,” Sydney muttered bitterly.

“Well… he might have a reasonable explanation…I can’t think of one, but maybe,” Irina said hopefully. Sydney growled.

For the rest of the day, she fumed. She paced her house and cleaned everything in sight (something she did when she was trying to get out excess emotion of some sort). Finally she saw Michael walking up to her house with a smile on his face, and she could have killed him right there. She opened the front door and stared him down.

“O-okay…,” he said slowly. “What’s with the look, Syd? You look like you’re going to kill someone.”

“I am!” she grunted. He looked even more confused until she smacked him on the back of his head and shouted, “YOU JERK!”

“Wha-” but Michael was unable to finish his thought because Sydney smacked his arm and then hit his other arm and the back of his head again. “WOULD YOU STOP THAT!?” Michael shouted as he ran away from her and into the family room so that the couch was in between them. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“What the hell is wrong with you!??? YOU’RE GOING TO FRANCE!” she screamed.

Michael’s face fell and he looked sheepishly down at his feet. “Sydney, I can-”

“France! FRANCE!” she cut him off. “That’s an entire ocean away. And I found out from my mother, my mother, who was told by your mother. But do I find out?! Me? Your girlfriend? Noooooo, of course not. Why would you tell me? What did you plan on do?! Slip out in the middle of the night and send me a postcard?! ‘By the way honey, I’ll see you in May’. OR. were you going to shout it out as you left for the airport?!”

“Stop it,” Michael cut her off. “I was going to tell you now.”

“Two weeks before you left?!” she asked in an obviously hurt tone.

“I know,” he sighed. “I’m sorry. I was going to tell you sooner but I didn’t want you to be upset.”

“OHHHHH, I’m sorry you didn’t want me to be upset? You didn’t want me to be upset then, unlike now, when I’m not upset at all!” she wailed.

“Syd, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to ruin the happiness we had,” he sighed.

“Well, too late,” she snapped. “Just go. Leave,” she pointed towards her front door.

“Syd, come on,” he pleaded as he walked towards her.

“No, just go. Go to France, Michael. See if I care,” she said before walking up the stairs and into her room, where she slammed the door and flung herself down onto her bed.

It was about ten minutes before Michael slowly walked up the stairs and into Sydney’s room. “Go away,” she mumbled when she heard her bedroom door squeak open.

“Come on Syd, talk to me,” he sighed as he sat down on her bed.

“No,” she mumbled. “I don’t like you.”

“Yes you do. You love me.”

“Yeah, but I don’t like you,” she retorted. He rested a hand gently on her back and she rolled over and looked up at him with her tear stained cheeks. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t want to face having to say goodbye to you,” he admitted. She sat up and looked at him. “I mean… we’ve been together our whole lives. The longest we were ever apart was when I went to summer camp that one year and it was awful. And now…. I really don’t want to leave you,” he sighed as he reached out and brushed away a fresh tear that was running down her cheek. “Can I put you in my suitcase and bring you along?”

She laughed softly and sniffed back her tears. “I hate that you can make me smile even when I’m pissed at you.”

“It’s my gift,” he smiled.

She gave him a look. “You’re not getting off that easily. You should have told me.”

“I know,” he sighed. “And I meant to tell you half a dozen times, but I knew it would bring down the mood and we were alone together so rarely that…. Well, I just didn’t want to make it suck.”

“Yeah,” she said sadly. Then she leaned into him and he pulled her into a hug. “I’m gonna miss you so much.”

“I’m gonna miss you more,” he sighed into her hair.

“I’m coming along in your carry-on bag, okay?”

“Okay,” he laughed.

4 more updates :(

awwww he leaving her :( that sooo sad!! but I have a friend to who can make me smile when I made at him. and I love and hate it too :P
<3
syd

they're so cute. ^_^
so since michael is leaving and since they won't be able to see each other for a whole semester... I guess they should spend every moment together 'til he leaves. Like really have fun. :cool:

I'm conflicted, i can see both points of view, but i feel so bad for Syd a whole semester away from Michael :(

Thanks for the update

Yeah he should have told her sooner, but I see his side of how it would ruin the few times they got to see one another. Hopefully the semester goes by fast.
Great update

Back