Season 4 Sarksaid he loved Lauren~Are they going

Leslie said:
You can't say that as if it were fact. :hmm: "Subtle torture"? We've never seen her have to choose whether to be with him. She may find him more of a man, more ballsy, or just what she needs.
[post="1234918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I can say that because that is how it is written in the show and not speculation. Everytime she has had to spend time with him it was against her will and she showed snarky disgust, that is her character, she has never been portrayed otherwise.
What you stated is speculation about her finding him more of a man etc.. obviously she hasn't thought any of that yet because she is still with Vaughn by her choice.
The subtle torture was in referance to the acid bath, he was torturing her while not hurting her but trying to break her tmentally before the acid actually reached her.
Now you pulled the thread back off topic again! :lol:

And I forgot about Sark stating to Allison about Syd needing to pay for her scars. Yes I suspect Sark would seek vengance upon Vaughn then.

GoodVsEvil said:
And I forgot about Sark stating to Allison about Syd needing to pay for her scars. Yes I suspect Sark would seek vengance upon Vaughn then.
[post="1234928"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

God, I don't want Vaughn to get any scars from Sark. Because he's just so pretty and it would be sad. But I like the idea that these two hate each other and will battle it out at some point.

I think Sark was just trying to get under Vaughn's skin. He was curious as to why Vaughn killed Lauren. Was it the espionage or the affair? If Vaughn had acted rather emotionally to Sark declaring he loved Lauren and his little story that Lauren longed to love him Sark would have known that the affair did bother Vaughn. But Vaughn didn't act emotionally. He referred to Lauren as the woman he was married to.

Honestly I think Sark simply viewed Lauren as some sort of sex object. He just enjoyed sleeping with her. Sark was willing to sell Lauren out in Resurrection in exchange for a deal. That doesn't say love to me. I think if you love somebody you have some loyalty to them.

Okay so just say Sark did love Lauren, would you want him to be vengeful against Vaughn?
Or would you want Sark to bury it for more repressed anger to atjke out on his next victim?

Even if he did (does - if she's still alive) love Lauren - I don't think he has enough loyalty to anyone, including Lauren, to put himself in harms way just to enact vengence.

However, he was pretty *issed at Syd when he found out she "killed" his dad. He was on a vengence path then. But that was family.

I think Sark and Lauren were a passing phase that won't take up too much of Sark's time in the future.

Thoughts?

lovinsark said:
Okay so just say Sark did love Lauren, would you want him to be vengeful against Vaughn?
Or would you want Sark to bury it for more repressed anger to atjke out on his next victim?
[post="1234946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I would want a bit of both. I would want Sark to be vengeful against Vaughn, since Vaughn deserves it after what he did last season. But then at the same time, if Sark buried his anger up, it would be interesting to see who he takes it out on.

lovinsark said:
  However, he was pretty *issed at Syd when he found out she "killed" his dad.  He was on a vengence path then.  But that was family.

I think Sark and Lauren were a passing phase that won't take up too much of Sark's time in the future.

Thoughts?
[post="1234946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Didn't Lauren kill Lazery? She sniper rifled him as Sydney was taking him to the hospital after Sarkie butane torched his face.

I pray they don't waste more time on the great emasculator that was Lauren, she emasculated 2 men in one season. Vaughn and Sark. I want to see Vaughn and Sark deal withthe issue that was Lauren and her many betrayels.

GoodVsEvil said:
Didn't Lauren kill Lazery? She sniper rifled him as Sydney was taking him to the hospital after Sarkie butane torched his face.
[post="1234968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But everyone thought that Syd killed Lazaray because of the Julia tape. So then Sark gave Lauren the tape to get Syd in trouble. Of course why he would do that for a man he later says was abusive and tortures with a blow torch...I don't know. Sark's rather mercurial in temper. It's quite likely that he will forget about Lauren, what with his flexible loyalties and all.

GoodVsEvil said:

I pray they don't waste more time on the great emasculator that was Lauren, she emasculated 2 men in one season. Vaughn and Sark. I want to see Vaughn and Sark deal withthe issue that was Lauren and her many betrayels.

Well, that's why I put "killed" in quotes. Because Sark thought, after watching the video that Syd had slashed Laz's throat. Remember he was waiting in Lauren's car to give her this info? Am I thinking right?

I agree, I hope they move on from Lauren. But, don't forget her MOTHER!! AAAHHH!

lovinsark said:
Remember he was waiting in Lauren's car to give her this info?  Am I thinking right?
[post="1234983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yep, that was his belated wedding gift to Lauren. ^_^

GoodVsEvil said:

Thats what I don't get, Sark wanted Syd to pay for 'killing' his father, yet later he blow trched him and had Lauren kill him. Well we don't know if he told Lauren too, just that he ordered it and Lauren carried it out.

I don't know what they would want to bring her back, The S/V er's hated her because she got in the way of S/V and the Sarkney's hated her because she got in the way of Sark and Sydney. She was really hated, most people were glad when Vaughn shot her however many times hoping they would never bring her back.

ms.katejones said:
But everyone thought that Syd killed Lazaray because of the Julia tape. So then Sark gave Lauren the tape to get Syd in trouble. Of course why he would do that for a man he later says was abusive and tortures with a blow torch...I don't know. Sark's rather mercurial in temper. It's quite likely that he will forget about Lauren, what with his flexible loyalties and all.
[post="1234977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe getting Syd in trouble was his way of getting back at Syd for Alison.

bluebear_74 said:
Thats what I don't get, Sark wanted Syd to pay for 'killing' his father, yet later he blow trched him and had Lauren kill him.
[post="1235030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Could that be chalked up to the shoddy writing that was Season Three? Hmmmmm .... :lol:

ms.katejones said:
[post="1234977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Totally forgot the parking garage scene with Lauren "hostage' in the car. Season 3 is not something I have brought myself to rewatch yet....

I can't wait for this Wednsdays episode to see where this is leading. I hope they expound this storyline.

GoodVsEvil said:
I can say that because that is how it is written in the show and not speculation. Everytime she has had to spend time with him it was against her will and she showed snarky disgust, that is her character, she has never been portrayed otherwise.
What you stated is speculation about her finding him more of a man etc.. obviously she hasn't thought any of that yet because she is still with Vaughn by her choice.
The subtle torture was in referance to the acid bath, he was torturing her while not hurting her but trying to break her tmentally before the acid actually reached her.
Now you pulled the thread back off topic again! :lol:
[post="1234928"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Who knows what she is thinking? We can only see her actions, not what's inside her head. It is my own personal belief that she finds Vaughn quite lacking. You can see it in her subtle looks. As for Sark, they haven't had the chance to get close at all. But the option is always there. It's not something that can just be discounted with the brush of a hand and a scoff.

As for the torture, I think they've both done their fair share of that! :lol:

If Sydney found Vaughn lacking she wouldn't still be with him. Sydney above all has been written with a very strong belief system and a woman who knows what she wants to do. So again it is your interpretation for a character that has always been written as hating whom you choose to champion.

And again I must be forgetting things, when has Sydney tortured Sark? Other then the knife at the groin incident?

GoodVsEvil said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I hated Lauren and I'm glad she's gone. I really wish she didn't have such a hold on Vaughn and Sark, when she was alive and even now that she's dead. I hope JJ makes them get over her soon.

Sark and Sydney. Sark and Lauren, as much as I hated it I could see them together. But Sydney hates Sark. Unless he does something like truly heroic and saves her and her sister from like a fire or something, I don't see it happening.

GoodVsEvil said:
If Sydney found Vaughn lacking she wouldn't still be with him. 
[post="1236229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's not necessarily true. Mid to late last season, it felt at times as if Sydney were in the situation of being our friend who cannot escape the bad boyfriend. No matter how much felgercarb he put her through, she always willingly went back for more and we saw no reason as to why he warranted this undying devotion. As you said, Syd's a woman who knows what she wants to do and that showed in the first/second ep (can't remember) with the "I would have waited" speech. That was all quickly forgotten as the season progressed.

She was the one saying he was her soulmate and that they would always find each other, but Vaughn, while feeding into her beliefs with actions and wandering looks - he'd still run to his wife's arms after near death run-ins and let her back into his bed. That is all well and good that he was conflicted, loyal to his wife, what have you ... but even though he did it right in front of Syd ... she stood there and took it.

So, last season when she wasn't actually with him, he still occupied her thoughts. She didn't open herself up to anyone (Will aside) - she has herself so convinced that Vaughn is the only one for her, that it doesn't matter that some of us see otherwise.

There may be someone else out there better for Syd, but will we ever get to see that? Probably not due to Sydney's own inability to see beyond life without Vaughn and the extremely large S/V fanbase that would be up in arms at the thought.

Now, shouldn't we be getting back to expanding Sark's emotions? :P

Totally forgot the parking garage scene with Lauren "hostage' in the car. Season 3 is not something I have brought myself to rewatch yet....

I had my hesitations too, but Season 3 is much better on DVD ... don't know why I found this so. There are still many things I picked up watching in a second time. In retrospect, Season 3 gleams in comparision to eps 1-7 of Season 4.

hotpot said:
That's not necessarily true. Mid to late last season, it felt at times as if Sydney were in the situation of being our friend who cannot escape the bad boyfriend. No matter how much felgercarb he put her through, she always willingly went back for more and we saw no reason as to why he warranted this undying devotion.  As you said, Syd's a woman who knows what she wants to do and that showed in the first/second ep (can't remember) with the "I would have waited" speech. That was all quickly forgotten as the season progressed.

She was the one saying he was her soulmate and that they would always find each other, but Vaughn, while feeding into her beliefs with actions and wandering looks - he'd still run to his wife's arms after near death run-ins and let her back into his bed. That is all well and good that he was conflicted, loyal to his wife, what have you ... but even though he did it right in front of Syd ... she stood there and took it.

So, last season when she wasn't actually with him, he still occupied her thoughts. She didn't open herself up to anyone (Will aside) - she has herself so convinced that Vaughn is the only one for her, that it doesn't matter that some of us see otherwise.

There may be someone else out there better for Syd, but will we ever get to see that? Probably not due to Sydney's own inability to see beyond life without Vaughn and the extremely large S/V fanbase that would be up in arms at the thought.

Now, shouldn't we be getting back to expanding Sark's emotions?  :P
[post="1236528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

so true suzi (and so offtopic :lol:smiley: but the romantic in me has to side with sydney and believe it will all work out in the end. :blush: but i so agree with you at the same time! ^_^

refering to the sark hating syd about his father being killed and then hating his father, i think sumthing (ex: memory treatment) was done to him to help him realize that his father wasnt the father he thought he was and then he changed his mind about him. i dunno, but thats always wt i thought, cause there could be no other way to have changed his mind, unless hes jsut freakin weird, which i hope is not the case :P
AF

GoodVsEvil said:
If Sydney found Vaughn lacking she wouldn't still be with him.  Sydney above all has been written with a very strong belief system and a woman who knows what she wants to do. So again it is your interpretation for a character that has always been written as hating whom you choose to champion.

And again I must be forgetting things, when has Sydney tortured Sark? Other then the knife at the groin incident?
[post="1236229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, not to split hairs, but both have tortured others, though not necessarily each other. Plus, you can always count pointing a gun at someone torture. Causes extreme emotional distress. :lol: Much like the "acid bath"/humiliation did. I "choose to champion" Sark (i.e. appreciate him as a viable character who is NOT black and white "evil") because he has not always been written as hating. In fact, this thread is an attempt to discuss the inner workings and love-alliances of this enigma-man. While I don't think he loved Lauren, I do believe he loved Allison. And I believe he has some kind of feeling (other than hate) for Syd.

And before you ask: I don't believe Syd has only hate for Sark, either. She may have had "a strong belief system" once, but lately? If not in S2, in S3 the whole "holier than thou" thing went out the window for her. She doesn't play by the rules. Much like Sark doesn't. In the end, they're both assassins. They just work for different teams and have different methods of carrying out their own selfish objectives.

hotpot said:
That's not necessarily true. Mid to late last season, it felt at times as if Sydney were in the situation of being our friend who cannot escape the bad boyfriend. No matter how much felgercarb he put her through, she always willingly went back for more and we saw no reason as to why he warranted this undying devotion.  As you said, Syd's a woman who knows what she wants to do and that showed in the first/second ep (can't remember) with the "I would have waited" speech. That was all quickly forgotten as the season progressed.

Now, shouldn't we be getting back to expanding Sark's emotions?  :P
[post="1236528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Agreed. (y)

Back