Second Chance

Ok everyone time for another update!! ^_^
:sorry: it's a little short.
But it building up to something bigger.
Please read and review.

Chapter 14

It was 7 am when Sydney woke. She rolled over in her bed to find it unsettlingly empty. It was weird. Since she had got back together with Vaughn she had never woken up alone. She missed him so much despite what he had said the previous day. She decided to call him now he had had a chance to calm down. She picked up the phone, dialled his number and let it ring.

“Syd?”

His voice was so comforting to Sydney. “Hi Vaughn.” There was an disturbing silence from his end of the phone. “Where are you?”

“You know I can’t tell you that.”

“You’re really going after her aren’t you?”

“Sydney, I have to. It’s not safe with her in this world. If she’s alive there is no telling what she could do. I would have thought you of all people would know what she is capable of.”

“But that’s not just your problem. The CIA will help bring her down. Just come home.” … to me

“I’m doing this for you; for us. Syd, I don’t want her to come between us again. I love you. And I know you love me too. That’s why I have to do this.”

“Vaug…” The other end of the phone went all too silent. DEADLY silent. ”Vaughn?” There was no reply. “Vaughn?” Still no reply. He was gone. But where?

---------------------------------------------------------

“Right, so this is what we know…” Dixon started as he began the briefing. Everyone was there, even Nadia was in attendance. Everyone except Vaughn. Sydney stared at the empty chair as she tried to concentrate on what Dixon had to say. “Lauren Reed, Julian Sark, Arvin Sloane and Irina Derevko are all in Venice in a secure medical facility that has ties to Omnifam.”

“How do you know all of this?” Sydney asked, trying to keep her mind on her job and not show that all she could think of was Vaughn.

“Well we know they were in Venice due to Agent Santos, but the exact location was found by one of Jack’s contacts.” As soon as Dixon had said Nadia’s name, Sydney looked at her sister and noticed that she was staring directly at Eric. He was staring at her as well. They couldn’t take their eyes off each other; that’s when it hit her, what had really been happening between Nadia and Eric for the past week. There was real feeling there.

A single tear fell down Sydney’s cheek. “Sydney are you ok?” Her father asked worriedly.

“I’m fine.” She said. “I just…” The one thing that stuck in her mind was his chair standing by itself, desolate. “I just…have to leave.” She ran, but she knew that no matter how far she ran she couldn’t escape the thought that the only thing that could await Vaughn was a pending doom.

A/N: Thankies Mel for the help with the chapter. :laughbounce:

I HOPE THAT HE JUST HUNG UP!!!
Great update!! I need more :notworthy:
Vaughn must be okay! Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay..

HE IS OKAY!

Because.. uhh.. I SAID SO!

He loves her :love: She loves him :love: They love each other :love:

Vaughn has to come back!! The CIA will take her down *gives the CIA boxing gloves*

MUHAHHAHHAH!! :torch: *runs after Lauren*

Thanks for the PM! Post more soon!!

xo laur :Prop:

vaughnshoney said:
Great update. There better be nothing bad happening to Vaughn here. He needs to come back to Syd.

Thanks for the PM
[post="1340418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OO now that would be telling wouldn't it! :whistle:

maddy28 said:
omg this is soooo soooos amazingly wonderful :woot:

argh :angry: laurens alive
poor syd (n)

can i please have a pm?
[post="1340455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Glad you like it! :D
Ofcourse you can get a pm.

LaurenRachael said:
I HOPE THAT HE JUST HUNG UP!!!
Great update!! I need more :notworthy:
Vaughn must be okay! Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay.. Vaughn must be okay..

HE IS OKAY!

Because.. uhh.. I SAID SO!

He loves her :love: She loves him :love: They love each other :love:

Vaughn has to come back!! The CIA will take her down *gives the CIA boxing gloves*

MUHAHHAHHAH!! :torch: *runs after Lauren*

Thanks for the PM! Post more soon!!
xo laur :Prop:
[post="1340720"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Awwww Laur :console:
It will all be ok. Well maybe! *evil laugh*
You will just have to wait and see!

Thankies for all your replys guys. :hug:
More will be on it's way soon.

Ok before I go to work here is another update!! ^_^
Hope you enjoy.
📖 and review. :D

Chapter 15

“Hello Mr Vaughn.” Sark’s husk English accent boomed through Vaughn’s ears as he came to. He had been knocked unconscious and had woken to find himself tied to a bed in the same facility that Lauren was in. It looked like a hospital with its clean white walls and the smell of disinfectant. “I see you have decided to grace us with your presence.”

“Let me go Sark!” Vaughn barked at him. The anger was obvious in his voice. If only he could find a way out of his restraints. He could escape. Then find Lauren and be back with Sydney. If only it was that simple.

“I think we should have a little chat first.” Sark said as he moved the chair from the corner of the room closer to Vaughn’s bed side. “It’s about your wife.”

“Ex-wife!” He reminded him.

“Nice to see you too honey.” A fake British accent came from the doorway. It was Lauren. She strolled in and up to Sark pulling him close and kissing him. Vaughn could only lay there and watch. He couldn’t believe he had kissed or once thought he loved her. She was nothing compared to Sydney.

“So it’s true. They really did bring a b**** like you back to life!” He said as he gave her an evil glare.

“Now Michael that’s no way to talk to your wife is it?” Just her calling herself his wife made his blood boil. They were technically still married and how he despised that fact. He couldn’t see how he had never seen the real Lauren for what she was. Looking at her now made him realise what a waste those two years with Lauren really were and how much he really should have been with Sydney. He should have been looking for her, finding her, loving her.

“I think we will leave you here for a while and then maybe we can talk about Sydney.” Sark told Vaughn with an evil glint in his eye. He and Lauren left to leave Vaughn alone. If he dare touch her I swear I will kill him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After Sydney had composed herself she re-entered the meeting. “I’m sorry.” She apologised as everyone stared at her.

“It’s ok.” Jack said as he walked up and embraced his daughter, which surprised Sydney slightly. Jack had never been an emotional man and usually didn’t show it especially if he was around people. He just wanted his daughter to know he was there for her. “Sydney, as I have told the rest of the team, we’re sending a re-con team to Venice to servile the facility before we make our move. We need to know that all the main players are there.”

“You can’t.” Sydney said pulling away from her father.

“Can’t what?”

“You can’t wait that long.” Jack along with the rest of the team was truly puzzled by what she was saying.

“I…phone Vaughn this morning…and…and…” Sydney could hardly say the words. It was so difficult for her to think the words let alone say them. “He was in Venice. He found them and…” Tears formed in her eyes as she tried to continue. “I think…I think they have him.” Tears began falling down her face as Jack once again pulled his daughter close to him.

“Sydney. It’s going to be ok.” Jack tried to reassure his daughter.

“How do you definitely know they have him?” Weiss asked trying not to upset her further, but Jack just shot him an evil look. Weiss immediately shut up.

“We’ll find him Sydney, don’t worry.” Dixon tried to help, but Sydney could stop the floods of tears. “Weiss, Nadia, Jack, You’re all going to Venice. You can devise a plan on route.”

“What about me?” Sydney asked helplessly, while wiping the tears from her face.

“You’re a good agent Sydney, but I really don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go on this mission.”

“Please Dixon?” She begged him.

“Ok, but just as back up. You’re in no state of mind to come face to face with any of them.” He turned to Jack. “Take care of her Jack.”

---------------------------------------------------------
Sark walked into Sloane’s office alone. Lauren had decided to go and see the city, trying to make the most of her new life.

“Mr Sark. I hope you bring good news.” Sloane said as he sat in his black leather chair.

“I do indeed. Miss Reed has given me all the information we will need on acquiring the orb and Mr Vaughn is being held down the hall. He will bring Sydney right to us.”

“So it is all falling into place.” He said as an evil smile crossed his face. “Now that Lauren has no further use to us, kill her.”

“What? I thought we needed her alive?”

“Not anymore. She has served her purpose and now must be eliminated.”

“I understand sir.” Sark didn’t want to admit it but he had no intention on killing Lauren. He had just brought her back and now he was being told to kill her. If only there was a way to save her.

Pm List
Scialet
Tinker
sab-alias
dreamer920
SarahBear
Angel
Vaughnshoney
Brinne
Luckylass
Aliasmaniac7723
~VartansGirl~
vaughnlover22
broe4ever929
AliasChica316
LaurenRachael
smartgirl2004
maddy28

Addicts list
#1 – Tinker (Mel)
#2 – Scialet

Chapter 16

Vaughn was paralysed as Sark wheeled him out of his room and down the hall. They had injected him with a neurotoxin so he couldn’t do anything but look around at his surroundings. There was nothing but empty white halls. It was completely abandoned except for them.

“Now Mr Vaughn as you haven’t been very co-operative, we are going to need to change all of that.” Sark told him as they entered a room containing only a metal chair and electrical equipment. Sark with the help of two guards undid Vaughn’s restraints and chained him to the chair. Vaughn knew exactly what they were planning to do. They were going to torture him using electroshock.

Sark removed the tape that had been covering Vaughn’s mouth. “Anything you would like to say before we begin?” He asked as he placed the electrodes onto Vaughn’s scalp.

“Go to hell!” Vaughn replied, even though he was scared of what Sark was about to do he refused to tell him anything. It was more important for him to protect Sydney than himself.

“Very well.” Sark said as he shocked Vaughn. The pain pulsed through his veins. He knew it was going to hurt, but could never have imagined the pain this was causing him. He refused to yell out in pain though. Instead he tried to forget the agony and think about something else; think about Sydney, about what she was doing and that she would be coming for him. She was the one thing that was keeping him alive.

Sark turned off the machine. “You ready to talk yet?”

Vaughn just stared at him evilly not saying a word. “It’s your choice. You can either tell me what I want to know or we can continue to do this. I have all day.” Still he said nothing, so again Sark flipped the switch.

The excruciating pain was almost unbearable. Vaughn had no idea how he was going to stand anymore of this. Before long Vaughn passed out and Sark had him returned to his room, so he could recover and they could begin over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney awoke on the plane in her seat. Jack, Weiss and Nadia were all sitting around her whispering, trying to wake her. They had tried to be quiet as it was obvious she hadn’t slept well since Vaughn had left.

“Hi guys.” Sydney said as she rubbed her eyes.

“Hello sleepyhead.” Eric said with a smile. “You feeling better after your sleep?”

“Ummm…yeah a bit.” She tried to return Eric’s smile, but it quickly fell as she thought of Vaughn.

“Syd. It’s going to be ok, you know. We’ll be there in less than two hours.” Nadia tried to comfort her.

“I promise you Sydney we will bring him back.” Jack said also trying to comfort his daughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they approached the facility they noticed it was quite well guarded. It might be tough to sneak past the guards and get inside. Sydney had been ordered to stay inside the van, but after constant pleading with her father he finally allowed her to come with them.

Getting past the guards wasn’t half as tricky as they had thought. They just shot them with tranquilizer darts and they came crashing to the ground. Weiss and Nadia went ahead to take out the guards in the CCTV room, leaving Jack and Sydney to find Vaughn.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Jack asked as they entered the building.

“I’ll be fine dad. Don’t worry. We just need to find Vaughn.”

------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Lauren was sitting on the edge of Vaughn’s hospital bed. Since she had entered the room Vaughn hadn’t looked at her once. Her mere presence made him feel ill. If he wasn’t restrained, he didn’t know if he could control himself. All the while he thought of Sydney and how worried she must have been when the line went dead. He was just thankful that the last words he said to her were those that mattered; that he loved her.

Suddenly the door burst open. Jack and Sydney both run into the room their guns in their hands. Lauren was completely unarmed and could do nothing to defend herself. Sydney pointed her gun at Lauren and slowly squeezed the trigger.

Back