Second Chance

First?

-

YAYYY :happydance:

Little did any of the CIA team know that tomorrow would bring even worse news and an even worse fate for all involved.

:Ph34r:

:shocked:

:cry:

NO LAUREN CAN NOT BE ALIVE!!!!!!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO </span><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>NO!!!</span>

I hope they figure it out soon!! They must KILL THE COW!!!

No. Wait. VAUGHN must kill the cow (y)

But NO SHE MUST NOT BE ALIVE!!!

:cry: WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!?!?!??!

Loved the chapter. She went to Vaughn's house :love: and Nadia went to Eric's! :doh: stupid Weiss, you scared her away!

I hope everything works out with Syd and Nadia and Nadia & Weiss!

GREAT CHAPTER!! Loved it! Post more soon!!

xo laur :Prop:

I'm sorry I brought her back, but there is a purpose you will see.
You will really hate Lauren after the next chapter - and I mean more than you do now. TRUST ME!

Oooh I'm intrigued. I have faith that you are gonna make this all work out for the good. I'm just enjoying the journey that gets us there.

Great update.

Thanks for the PM

Hi.
It's me again with another update! :D
I'm really happy at the moment as I passed my driving test so decided to update.
Please R/R.

Chapter 11 – A day later (I apologise in advance for this chapter – I’m sorry to be evil, but it had to be done)

“You have to be kidding me!!” Vaughn shouted as he got up out of his seat in the briefing room and slammed his hands down on the desk. A briefing had been called as they had learnt new information about Lauren and Vaughn was obviously not happy. “HOW CAN SHE BE ALIVE?!?”

“Agent Vaughn. I suggest you sit down and calm down. Now!”

“You tell me my ex-wife has been brought back from the dead and you want me to just sit down and shut up. You want me to act like I’m fine with all of this.”

“Well technically Vaughn she is actually your ex-wife. I mean you are still married and now she’s……” As soon as Marshall saw the evil glare Vaughn was giving him, he decided it was best for him to just shut his mouth.

“I can’t believe you are all acting like this!” Vaughn said as he looked to Sydney for support. She was just staring at the floor. She completely understood where Vaughn was coming from about Lauren being alive. He was in shock, but at the same time she was worried what that would mean for them. She knew Lauren had come between them before and didn’t want it to be the same this time.

Vaughn just felt like he had no support from anyone. None of his friends seemed to see where he was coming from. “Fine then.” He was still standing and just walked out of the room so frustrated with it all.

Everyone gazed around the room for a second.

“I’ll go after him and see if I can speak to him.” She left the room and went chasing after Vaughn would was already outside getting into his car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the briefing room they were still deciding what they should do now Lauren had resurfaced.

“I think we should just leave her be and follow her movements. Then we will be able to find out why they brought her back or what they are planning to do.” Jack suggested.

“But couldn’t’ that be a bit dangerous.” Weiss suggested. “Maybe that will be playing into their hands.”

“What do you suggest?”

“I don’t know exactly. I just know that maybe there is a way to find out what they are planning. We could ask Nadia and see if she has and information on the matter and mean while we can monitor their movements. Then we can decide what to do. How does that sound?”

“I think it is a great idea. As you have already built up a relationship with Miss Santos you can gather the intel, while Jack, Marshall and I will track their movements. Report back here in 18 hours.” Dixon instructed.

Weiss however didn’t like this plan. After what had happened the night before with Nadia he didn’t think it was wise to see her so soon. He was worried that there would be tension and that he wouldn’t be able to get what he needed. He chose not to tell Dixon though as he didn’t think it was appropriate. I have to face her sooner or later. I guess it’s going to be sooner rather than later!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Vaughn.” Sydney shouted after him. Vaughn started the engine and was just about to leave when Sydney stood in front of the car.

“Sydney, get out of the way!” He shouted angrily at her.

“No Vaughn. We need to talk and if this is the only way to do it by me standing in front of this car then so be it.” Vaughn switched off the engine and got out of the car.

“What do you want?” He was suddenly talking to Sydney like he never had before. There was so much anger in his voice Sydney barely recognised it. She couldn’t believe he was acting like this. She understood he was upset but there was no need to take it out on her.

“What is that supposed to mean? Don’t be like that with me! I haven’t done anything wrong here. I just came to see if you were ok and if I could do anything to help.”

“What could you possibly do to help me?” She was silent. She knew what his obsession with Lauren had done to him before, but she never realised it would turn him into this person. There was so much hatred in him. She couldn’t see any love in his eyes like in the previous weeks. Now all she saw was pain and anger. “Please tell me how you can possibly make any of this better. You can’t! That vile woman is alive and as long as she draws breath I will find her and kill her AGAIN.”

“Vaughn, I know you are upset and annoyed about all of this, but can’t we just talk about this instead of you snapping at me like this.” Her remark only made him angrier.

“You don’t understand a thing if you did you would be helping me, not standing in my way.”

“This isn’t healthy for you though. You’re fixation with Lauren has to stop. Yes, she was your wife and yes she betrayed you, but you have to move on from this. Otherwise there is no way we can ever be together.”

“How dare you! You have no idea what being betrayed by your wife feels like. I’m not going to stop looking for her. She deserves to pay for what she has done.”

“Then this, us, it’s over.” She said as tears appeared in the corners of her eyes. It broke her heart to have to say it. She loved Vaughn more than anything, but this was ripping them apart and she couldn’t stand by and let it destroy him.”

“If that’s what you want.” Is all he said as he got into his car. Sydney moved out of the way and Vaughn sped of into the distance. Sydney just sat on the kerb crying to herself. Why is he being like this? If he didn’t even love her then why would be so obsessed with revenge?

:cry:

Goes to :run: and :hide:

No... That's just wrong.. Vaughn's gotta realise that in order to beat Lauren, he needs Syd's help.

Please bring them back together soon.

Great update.

Thanks for the PM

Thanx for all you're comments. :D
I promise I will make it all better - well maybe! :lol:
I might update later if I get back from work in time.

Hey Ali, wicked chappy as I told you before, cannot wait for the rest of them! Well done on passing!!

:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Driving along in my automobile *de de de de de de de* my baby beside me at the wheel *de de de de de de de de* cruising and playing the radio *de de de de de de de de* With no particular place to go *de de de de de de de de*

:bond: :bond:

Thanx Mel. :smiley:

I know I said I would update yesterday but got side tracked. Sorry. (n)
So I'm going to update now. Here you go:

Chapter 12

After Sydney had pulled herself together, she attempted to re-enter the building. Just the thought of it made her cry even more, so she decided to drive home and calm herself down. When she got there she saw a dark figure sitting on her door step. She hoped it was Vaughn. She really wished he would just come running up to her and tell her how sorry he was about what he had said and that the only person he really cared about was her. It wasn’t until Sydney got near that she could make out who it was. It wasn’t Vaughn. Sydney’s heart sank when she realised. It was if she didn’t even care about her.

Instead on her doorstep was her younger sister Nadia. Nadia had decided to come over and have it out with her sister. She just wanted her to accept that she was there to stay and find out what her problem with her was.

It was obvious from Sydney’s face and the fact that mascara had been running down her face that she had been crying. She just looked so down and upset. Nadia felt something really bad must have happened, but wasn’t really sure if she should ask.

“Sydney?” She said with genuine concern in her voice. As soon as Sydney looked her back she could see the hurt and pain in her eyes. “Are you ok?”

Sydney got out of the car and walked towards the apartment. As soon as Sydney reached Nadia, Nadia enveloped her in a hug. Even though Nadia was still upset with Sydney it killed her to see her like this.

To Sydney’s surprise she found she actually found herself hugging Nadia back. Even though she still didn’t trust her, she was her sister and that is what Sydney had always wanted. She just wanted someone to care about her, comfort her when she was down and be there for her. She thought she had found that in Vaughn. But now he was the one making her this upset.

After a while Sydney pulled away from their embrace. She looked at her sister and saw the love in her eyes. She finally realised that Nadia wasn’t here to hurt her or betray the CIA. She realised that all she wanted was to be loved by her family, which is all Sydney wanted too. All Nadia was guilty of when she left with Sloane was wanting a family and Sydney couldn’t blame her for that.

“Do you want to come inside?” Sydney asked as she rummaged around in her bag for her keys.

“Yeah sure, that would be nice.” Nadia said with a small smile. Sydney opened the door and they walked in. “You have a lovely home.”

“Thanks.”

“Look Sydney, I didn’t come here to make things difficult for you. I just wanted to help you and to get to know you. I have never had a sister or a family and I know it’s selfish but I wanted that. I understand it might be hard for you considering your family history but I’m not here to betray you.”

“I know that…now. As soon as I saw you sitting on my door step and just the way you have been since you came back. It’s like you really want to prove yourself. I know I find it had to trust people especially when they are family, but I’m sorry I shouldn’t have acted like I did.” An awkward silence fell upon the room. Nadia hadn’t expected that kind of reaction at all. She was just so stunned, but she suspected it was because there was something else on her mind.

“Sydney, are you alright?”

They spent the next couple of hours with Sydney telling Nadia everything that had happened. Everything from SD-6 to Lauren, all about the time they had spent apart and together and all about their fight they had in the parking lot. All Nadia could say in response was “Wow.”

Then there was a knock at the door. They both looked at each other wondering who was at the door.

“I better go, especially if it is who I think it is.” She said smiling as she got up from the sofa. Sydney also got up and walked over to the door and opened it.

Again, it wasn’t who she was expecting. “ERIC. What are you doing here?”

“Nice to see you too Syd.”

“Sorry I didn’t mean to be rude.”

“No, it’s ok. I was just wondering if you had any idea where Nadia was. I mean I know you two haven’t been getting on since her return, but someone said she was coming over to see you.” Sydney opened the door up fully so he could see Nadia standing behind Sydney.

“I’m here.” Nadia said. She was a little unsure of how she should be acting round him after the event of the other night. “I was just leaving, so maybe we could go for a walk or something?” She asked. He just nodded. She turned to Sydney. “Thanks sis.” She said as she hugged her goodbye.

“I think I should be thanking you really.” She said as she pulled away. “See you soon…sis.” Nadia turned and started to walk away from the house with Eric.

As soon as he heard the door shut and knew that Sydney could hear him he said. “What was that all about?”

“We just made our peace. We talked a lot and I think she is beginning to trust me.”

“Well that’s good that you two are making progress.”

“Yeah, it really is. So anyway, what did you want to talk to me about?”

“Well first I think that maybe we should talk about…” He cleared his throat. “What happened the other night.” He was barely able to hold her gaze.

“You’re right we do. How about we go get some coffee?” Eric nodded and they walked in silence to the coffee place.

Back