Secrets and Deception

this is finished as well, one more chapter and an epilogue left :smiley:

Chapter 36

“Do you want to go see another house?” Michael asked after they had left the second one.

“Would you mind?” Sydney grinned at him sheepishly.

“No.” Michael shook his head, laughing, “Actually it’s cute when you get all excited about stuff.”

“Yeah, just make fun of me.” Sydney pouted and began to walk to the car.

Michael followed her and wrapped his arms around her, turning her around in the process. “I would never make fun of you.” He said, placing a kiss on her lips.

“Right,” She rolled her eyes at him and freed herself to get in the car. When Michael didn’t move right away, she called from the inside, “Come on, we don’t have all day.”

“Yes, we do, remember?” Michael smirked at her while starting the car.

“It’s a figure of speech.” Sydney sighed exaggeratedly.

“I know, but you’re just too cute when you get annoyed with me.” Michael laughed, earning a punch from Sydney. “Ouch, that hurt.” He said, rubbing his arm.

“Good.” Sydney smiled sweetly at him.

“When did you become this mean?” Michael asked, feigning hurt.

“I always was, I just hid it well.” Sydney chuckled, impatiently staring out of the window, wondering which house would be the next.

She really was having fun looking for one, no matter how much teasing she would have to bare from Michael. Though he was only joking. She could see he at least did like it somewhat, too.

“Then you really did a good job.” Michael agreed laughing.

“I’m just special.” Sydney grinned at him.

They drove for another ten minutes to arrive at the next house. From the outside it looked just perfect to Sydney. Now she hoped the inside would too. Then they would finally have a house, could move in together and hopefully she could get Jess back.

“What do you think of this?” Michael asked after they had gone through the house.

“I like it a lot.” Sydney smiled at him happily.

“So, do you want it?” Michael looked at her, trying to read in her face what she wanted.

“Well, do you like it?” Sydney asked. He had to make the decision too, because he would live here as well.

“I think it’s great.” Michael answered and then smirked, “And it has at least one more kid’s room.”

“I see you’re planning ahead.” Sydney laughed and raised an eyebrow.

“It’s better, just in case, of course, to have extra room.” He shrugged.

“Sounds good to me.” Sydney replied smiling, happy Michael was thinking about having children.

“Should we put in an offer?” Michael asked.

“Yes.” She nodded excited.

“Are you nervous?” Michael asked, pointing out the very obvious.

Sydney laughed lightly; stopping her fidgety playing with her fingers and hid them behind her back. “Yeah, aren’t you?”

“A little.” Michael agreed. Though at the moment he was much more nervous because of something else. Something he had gotten just this morning. Nevertheless, he hoped Mrs. Harold would be okay with their living conditions now and that they would get the custody of Jess. That would make everything perfect.

“I hope she likes it.” Sydney mumbled.

“She will.” He told her confidently.

“I want my daughter back.” Sydney continued, nervously looking at the clock.

“Everything will be fine.” Michael took her hand and squeezed it gently.

“I hope you’re right.” Sydney sighed lightly, “I wanted her back for so long and having to leave again…”

“That’s not gonna happen.” Michael assured her and pulled her into a hug.

Sydney pulled away when she saw people coming from the gate of the flight, which her daughter and Mrs. Harold had taken too. Restlessly, she looked around, trying to spot them. Finally she saw Jess running towards them.

“Mommy!” Jess squealed happily.

Sydney leaned down and picked her up, spinning her around, “Hey pumpkin.” She kissed the top of her head and then put her down again, taking her tiny hand into hers.

“Hello, Sydney.” Mrs. Harold greeted her, smiling warmly at her.

“Hey.” Sydney greeted her.

“Should we get going then?” Michael asked, picking up Jess to carry her through the mass of people. Sure she was old enough to walk but Michael didn’t want to risk loosing her in the huge airport. Plus, he loved carrying her. And the smile he got from Sydney was even better.

When they arrived at their new house, they showed Jess at first her new room that she hopefully would use very soon. In the evening, the three of then sat together in the living room, Jess sleeping upstairs, talking about everything.

“So, what do you think?” Sydney looked at her anxiously.

^_^

Awww... you're evil... :P How could you stop there??? urgh... :lol:

Jess has to stay and Vaughn has to make his proposal right after Mrs Harold has left... it will be perfect!!!!!!! :love:

Oy I'm all excited about next sunday already :woot:

Thx for the PM

YA they're happy!!! :woot:
-Loved how Vaughn wanted an extra room for the future!!! Soo cute!!
Now I hope they can get Jess back right away!!
-Great update! Loved it! Thanks for the pm!!

Mrs. Harold can't be disappointed. Jess will be living in a beautiful home, with two loving parents who can now offer her a stable life. It's what Children's Services is looking for.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Chapter 37

“So, what do you think?” Sydney looked at her anxiously.

“This is a very nice home you’ve picked out Sydney.” Mrs. Harold answered. “And I’m gonna miss her.” She smiled as realization dawned on Sydney.

“Oh My God! Really?!” She stood up and started jumping up and down excitedly. Michael and Mrs. Harold stood as well, smiling at Sydney. Sydney jumped into Michael’s arms, barely being caught because she had surprised him and started thanking him profusely.

“I’ll come back with the forms in the morning.” Mrs. Harold said and excused herself.

“I can’t believe it.” Sydney sighed, calming down enough to sit on Michael’s lap in front of the empty fireplace.

“I know.” Michael said lovingly, kissing her shoulder gently.

“She’s back, I just… it doesn’t feel real.” Sydney’s eyes remained focused on the mantle over the fireplace. “It’s like a dream and I don’t wanna wake up.” She smiled, turning her head to look into Michael’s eyes.

“You don’t have to.” He promised her, kissing her tenderly. She broke the kiss and got up, climbing the stairs to the second floor. He followed behind, thinking they were going to the bedroom, but found Sydney walking into the nursery. Nothing was finished yet, but they had already decided on which rooms would be what and had Jess’s bed set up for her to sleep in.

“Syd?” He asked quietly, not wanting to wake Jess up from her slumber.

“I was just checking on her.” Sydney whispered back, looking lovingly towards her daughter. She wanted to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating and dreaming this whole thing. It seemed nothing good ever happened to her and suddenly she was with this amazing man and had her daughter back in a brand new home. She felt something was missing, but couldn’t put her finger on it. Shrugging it off, she left the room quietly and proceeded to ‘thank’ Michael a little more before they drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

Michael awoke before Sydney, quietly slipping out of bed. After checking on Jess, who was sound asleep, he retreated to the kitchen to make a phone call. Hanging up, he made some pancakes and eggs for the girls when they woke up. He waited impatiently by the door, nervously glancing back towards the staircase to Sydney and Jess.

“Here you go Mr. Vaughn.” She laughed, handing him a stack of papers. “I guess you wanted to get started as soon as possible.” She smiled, and followed him into the living room and sitting on the floor.

“I just want to get this over with, and the sooner the better.” Michael said, filling out the papers and signing on all the marked places.

“That’s all.” She said, smiling at the new father and handing over the certificate he was working towards.

“Thank you so much.” He replied, ushering her out the door. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out the velvet box held there. Carefully taking the ring out, he rolled up the certificate and placed the ring around it to hold it together.

He quietly snuck back up to their bedroom, careful not to wake Sydney. Placing the rolled certificate and ring on his pillow, he kissed Sydney’s forehead lightly enough to get her to start to wake up and backed up to stand in the doorway.

Sydney slowly came to, instantly rolling towards his side of the bed. Upon finding he wasn’t there, she opened one eye carefully to see a blurry object on his pillow instead. Blocking the glare of the sunlight that poured into their room, she reached for the object, thinking it to be a note.

She gasped when she unrolled it to find Jess’s adoption certificate, fully filled out and finalized, just waiting for her own signature. A smile broke out across her face as she noticed Michael standing in the doorway, grinning back at her.

“When did you have time to do this?” Sydney questioned. He didn’t respond, and just nodded towards her other hand that contained the most important part of her gift. He was surprised that she didn’t see it first, but knew she shouldn’t be expected to this early in the morning. She opened her hand to find a silver three stone diamond engagement ring. She gasped, tears forming in her eyes.

“Sydney Bristow, will you marry me?”

SDRing.jpg

damn, thats gorgeous. :D

TBC...

Back