Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, its harmful

• No, i think more young people would take it if it was legal

• No, I strongly do not think it should be legal

• Total voters
I'm not sure, because on the one hand it's more attractive for some people if something is illegal, but if it's legal more people will probably start to consume cannabis. I don't take drugs, for me it doesn't really matter if it's forbidden or not, because I know that it has terrible consequences it has for my health.

between when i posted this and now i hav completely changed my mind. okay if they legalise it okay... but what if you end up taking dodgey cannibis. i did and its horrible. i couldnt see and everything turned into red dots and i went dizzy all noise dissappeared and i cud only hear muffles i collapsed against a wall and then walked over to my frend and sat. i almost passed out but didnt. they didnt care, they were stoned themselves. if id fainted what would they have done just left me there while they were enjoying being stoned. im not guna smoke weed ever agen cos of this. i dont trust whether its going to be okay or not.
The effects of cannibis, although only short term are bad. i had memory loss and i still cant remember that day, but at least its only one day. If you are in a bad mood anyway it will just leave you with the worst come down ever.
From now on i stick to alcohol at least i know with that xxxx

Woah. That sucks. But you know, if they made it legal, they could control it and keep it in check by using the FDA. You know, the Food and Drug Administration. It would probably be a lot safer if it was legal.

jems said:
i think it should be legalised because then maybe people would smoke more and drink less thus creating a much more peaceful and freindly society and less fighting on night out :smiley:

whoever decided alcohol should be legal and cannibis illegal was a fool IMHO.  -_-
[post="1095684"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yea indeed.

Hey, if cigarettes are legal, why not pot? My only concern would be people driving high, but that happens anyway. I don't know if it would happen more should they legalize marijuana. Definitely should be legal for medical uses.
I think there would be more pros than cons to legalizing it.
When it comes to driving while high, that happens already, and will always happen whether or not it's illegal.

The mistake that was made here, as with everything, is Americans always believe that making something illegal will solve the problem. But if you compare the USA to Holland (where cannabis is legal), there's proof that legalizing it would be a better decision than keeping it illegal.

Code:
Social Indicator                                          Comparison Year             USA          Netherlands  
Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+)                  2001                 36.9%            17.0%
Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+)                2001                 5.4%             3.0%
Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+)                     2001                 1.4%             0.4%
Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population                        2002                 701              100
Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros)        1998                 €379             €223
Homicide rate per 100,000 population                       Average 1999-2001          5.56             1.51

Itz da MT said:
I have a lot of experience with cannabis, it's not harmful at all. The only reason I can think of for banning it, is that it may be a step upwards to other drugs that are harmful.. but whatever it's legal anyway in my country. (y)
[post="1113782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
of course it's harmful.. you're breathing toxins into your lungs. then again, cigarettes and alcohol are also harmful, so i really don't think that should have anything to do with its legalization.

xdancer said:
of course it's harmful.. you're breathing toxins into your lungs.  then again, cigarettes and alcohol are also harmful, so i really don't think that should have anything to do with its legalization.
[post="1134702"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Everything can be harmful, so yes it shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it's legalized of course. Polution is also harmful in this way. But imo, if you compare alcohol and cannabis, alcohol is the greater evil.

Itz tha Dreila said:
Everything can be harmful, so yes it shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it's legalized of course. Polution is also harmful in this way. But imo, if you compare alcohol and cannabis, alcohol is the greater evil.
[post="1134716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So true, so true.

between when i posted this and now i hav completely changed my mind. okay if they legalise it okay... but what if you end up taking dodgey cannibis. i did and its horrible. i couldnt see and everything turned into red dots and i went dizzy all noise dissappeared and i cud only hear muffles i collapsed against a wall and then walked over to my frend and sat. i almost passed out but didnt. they didnt care, they were stoned themselves. if id fainted what would they have done just left me there while they were enjoying being stoned. im not guna smoke weed ever agen cos of this. i dont trust whether its going to be okay or not.
The effects of cannibis, although only short term are bad. i had memory loss and i still cant remember that day, but at least its only one day. If you are in a bad mood anyway it will just leave you with the worst come down ever.
From now on i stick to alcohol at least i know with that xxxx

I had the same thing, lucky for me, my friend wasn't that stoned and sobered up instantly (I must have looked bad ;) ) and helped me out. Especially when I lost my sight and hearing, damn, that really was scary... But I've smoked after that 'bad trip' again and it never had the same effect, so I'm hoping it was a one time screw-up.
Alcohol has never done something like that to me. Less dangerous? I don't know...

When I first glanced at the topic, I honestly thought it said "canibals" (ok I admit it that I'm a bit dyslexic) but I open up the topic to find out if anyone really wanted to leaglize canibals and why.

I feel like the old Gilda Radner character, Emily - NEVER MIND!

I don't think it should be legalised.

Yeah theres the arguement its an illegitamate distinction between legalising drugs and alcohol and not legalising tabacco.

However its not that illegitamate.

On one hand your saying, it should be legal cos it easy to grow so everyone can do it.

On the other, the government could tax it.

but if its so easy to grow then how can they tax it?

It more difficult to grow tabacco and to distil your own alcohol takes time and effort.

So that doesn't work.

Second, we know what drugs and alcohol do to your body, esp in the long term but do we know the full effects of cannabis.

Research in the UK and this was featured on the BBC so its legit linked it with mental illness later in life esp if the smoker had a pretencity to mental illness.

Well I voted no!
In France we have a new campaign on TV, plp tells us that cannabis isn't as cool as it seems. It doesn't help you to get better grades or new friends...
Cannabis is a drug that prevent you from seeing your friends, family, paying attention in class...
Most of the car accident caused by young plp, are due to the presence of cannabis in their body!!! So please don't tell me it's an harmful drug!
It's a drug, and it's illegal and it seems that things aren't going to change, at least in my country :smiley:
Remember that most of the plp who smoked cannabis took more harmful drugs after (coca for example) . It leads you to other drugs.

In Europe if plp wants top smoke they just have to go to the Netherlands where it's legal -_-

Back