Politics Should protitution be legal?

SydneyFan said:
With that said, prostitution is not on my list of 'good things that should be allowed' list. It does rise many problems. One of the biggest that comes to my mind (which usually tends to go the scientific route) is STD, prostitution increase the chance of both .... people receiving STD and then the woman will pass it on to other men who she will have sex with and so on. Secondly, some one can say that sex is a sacred act between a man and a woman all they want but nothing can really be argued from that point with soceity as it is today. What should concern us is that the act is performed outside of an already sacred marriage. If a man decides to hire a prostitute while married that'd be adultry, and that's not really a good thing for the divorce rate of almost 50%.  just my two cents
When prostitution takes place in brothels the std rate goes down significantly because all girls are given periodic check ups and follow strict medical guidlines as far as the care and cleanliness of their bodies are concerned and safe sex is stressed at a maximum. It is run by the state and all brothels have to follow these guidelines so it actually is quite safe. yum yum!! :P
uhhhh ya... but what are the chances of brothels being 'popular' again?
--Mandy :angelic:

uhhhh ya... but what are the chances of brothels being 'popular' again?
That's what they have in Nevada. That's where I was drawing my example from and assuming if the US were to legalize prostitution it would probably follow that pattern.

a quote from some chick on elimidate a few nights ago "i believe in making love not having sex"
and i agree. if you are in love, then sex is something sacred, not something society needs ...
however, i don't really think you have to be married to be in love.

and i don't believe in prostitution really, but if someone needs money that badly, and they really can't find another job, then i would support that person. in our society, it's not "love" that is necessary for servival anymore, it's money. -_-

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
Charlie said:
People who really want sex can go to them, instead of raping someone.

Rapists don't rape women for sex......they rape women for violent, impowerment purposes........even if prostitution was legalized, rape numbers woulbdn't go down.
Rape is a pychological thing.

~~Spongy!
How do you know that?
I watched a documentary series about criminology on TV a while back.....
They were talking to convicted rapists and studing them as well......they all admited that they didn't rape so much for sexual satisfaction; it was mostly the fact that they "could". They are stronger, physically, than the women that they rape so there is a level of empowerment associated with it.

Rapists even rape prostitutes.

~~Spongy!
Maybe a part of the rapists, but sure not all. If someone's desperate to have sex, he can force someone to do. For example, when a peadophile wants to have sex.. he has no choice but raping a kid. He does not do that because he wants to look powerful or something, he ONLY does it because he really wants sex and there aren't any options.. like.. prostitution!!

I do sort of. I don't think it should be illegal though. I feel that a womans body is her own and she should be able to do what she wants with it even if she's selling herself. I personally find it quite sickening and don't know why anyone would. But if someone is willing to pay to have sex, then that's their descison. Making it illegal wouldn't do much because there would still be prostitutes wheather anyone liked it or not.

doesn't anyone else out there just find the whole thing fundamentally wrong???
Maybe? But I think it's kind of a judgement call. You would have to break sex down to" what is sex" and "what does it mean" and "how important is it" and probably a bunch of other person specific questions that only you could answer for yourself. Why is it ok for your neighbor to have sex with his wife if he's married but not if he's not. Should it really make a difference. Should she be able to charge him. Where do you draw the line. All decisions that they should make I think.

Princess Jeanie said:
doesn't anyone else out there just find the whole thing fundamentally wrong??? :thinking:
I do. I agree people have right over their body's but..... *shivers*
I think that most women do it for money because they can't get another job, and while I don't agree with their choice, I don't think it should be illegal.
What really bugs me is the men who actually pay for sex. I'm sry if I'm offending anyone, but I think that it is gross and all men who do it are a bit wrong in the head. NO ONE should crave sex that badly. I think its extremely wrong, but I don't know whether it should be illegal or not.

i don't care. seriously, it's better than a woman getting raped -_- i myself could never be with someone who's been with a prostitute

Itz the MT said:
A
Charlie said:
People who really want sex can go to them, instead of raping someone.

Rapists don't rape women for sex......they rape women for violent, impowerment purposes........even if prostitution was legalized, rape numbers woulbdn't go down.
Rape is a pychological thing.

~~Spongy!
How do you know that?
I watched a documentary series about criminology on TV a while back.....
They were talking to convicted rapists and studing them as well......they all admited that they didn't rape so much for sexual satisfaction; it was mostly the fact that they "could". They are stronger, physically, than the women that they rape so there is a level of empowerment associated with it.

Rapists even rape prostitutes.

~~Spongy!
Maybe a part of the rapists, but sure not all. If someone's desperate to have sex, he can force someone to do. For example, when a peadophile wants to have sex.. he has no choice but raping a kid. He does not do that because he wants to look powerful or something, he ONLY does it because he really wants sex and there aren't any options.. like.. prostitution!!
Actually there are child prostitutes too. And there are pedophiles that go to child prostitutes.

Bradhadair said:
i don't care. seriously, it's better than a woman getting raped -_- i myself could never be with someone who's been with a prostitute
I don't know how it's in the US, but in Holland 25% of the male population has been with a prostitue. ;)

Actually there are child prostitutes too. And there are pedophiles that go to child prostitutes.

Yes, but they're SO rare.. especailly in the US and western Europe.. They can be found in Eastern Europe though, like in Czech.. the legal age to become a prostitue is 15 years.

Itz the MT said:
I don't know how it's in the US, but in Holland 25% of the male population has been with a prostitue. ;)
.........Bravo. What an accomplishment. :rolleyes:

~~Spongy!
Did I ever say that? :confused: And I don't even belong to those 25% myself, and never will. I just want to say that you people think it's much worse than it actually is.

Itz the MT said:
I just want to say that you people think it's much worse than it actually is.
It's no worse than what a lot of women do in North America......sleep around. Just as men sleep around.

My point is that I don't agree with casual sex........but I guess it's better to legalize prostitution than hold up the courts time prosicuting these pimps and whores.

~~Spongy!

Itz the MT said:

Yes, but they're SO rare.. especailly in the US and western Europe.. They can be found in Eastern Europe though, like in Czech.. the legal age to become a prostitue is 15 years.
Not as rare as you'd think. There are a lot of 12, 13 year old girls on the streets and probably younger.

Itz the MT said:
Most peadophiles wants them younger than that.
You're right, a lot of pedaphiles want children that have yet to reach puberty, but Not all. I've read articles about pediphiles that seek out child prostitutes, 11, 12, 13 years old. If prostitution was legalized, and they could monitor prostitution, perhaps the amount of children in the trade could be decreased.

Itz the MT said:
Bradhadair said:
i don't care.  seriously, it's better than a woman getting raped  -_-  i myself could never be with someone who's been with a prostitute

that's why i wouldn't date a guy there ;)

Back