Season 4 Some unanswered questions...?

Looking at "Two Evil Monks" website - their unanswered questions of Alias was interesting...

I will post some of the more obscure ones for discussion. They are in no order and the answers may have been revealed already...do you think they will be answered in S4?

1. Who is the head of the Covenant?

2. What is Rambaldi's endgame?

3. What was on the blackmail paper Lindsey showed to Sloane for the assassination of Syd, and not us? (S3.09: Concsious)

4. Why did Sloane hook up Jack to that IV at the end of Season Two? (S2.22: The Telling)

5. Why didn't Sydney destroy The Cube instead of erasing her memories of the past two years?

6. When Sloane found the monastery in the mountains, he was shown a letter that changed his life. What'd it say? (S2.20: Countdown)

Can you answer any, think of any or even understand any...?

6. When Sloane found the monastery in the mountains, he was shown a letter that changed his life. What'd it say? (S2.20: Countdown)
[post="954809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that was answered. I think it said that he had a daughter.

Yeah I remembered it (because i just watched that episode again) but did not edit the post...sorry...!

Any thoughts on the others...?

1. Who is the head of the Covenant?
God i hope so

2. What is Rambaldi's endgame?
honestly at this point does anyone really care?!?! i sure dont. i hate rambaldi and thankfully they are like 86ing his butt ASAP *does happy dance*

and about the rest... who knows :blink:

honestly at this point does anyone really care?!?! i sure dont. i hate rambaldi and thankfully they are like 86ing his butt ASAP *does happy dance*

Surely hope not - I can understanding them wanting to bring it down a notch, but after Ressurection there seems to still be plenty about Rambaldi that hasn't been said.

I think we got Rambaldi overdose at the end of season three. I know it has always been a huge part of the show, but it was just getting ridiculous, with the green stuff (APPALLING CGI) and the brainwaves. It was better when we didn't see that stuff.

As much as Rambaldi seemed to take over in season 3.... I still want Rambaldi to be part of the show.... I can't imagine Alias without Rambaldi.... ;)

I would hope we see more Rambaldi storylines and learn his ultimate endgame. Fans have 3 seasons invested into this. The writers are not going to just drop it like this character and plot was never part of the show.

Um.. in S4 since Nadia and Sloane left for Rambaldis endgame site I sure hope that it would rbing to an end or that'd be ridiculous! I think after tolerating Vaughn's attitude, Lauren, Sark's sissyness, Syd's constant sadness (that was just soooo depressing!), and all the dead people coming back, they need to bring more Rambaldi. I'd like to here about the fight with the wholeNadia and Syd will fight. And I'd liekt o know what exactly happened to the eggs and the chemicals and what this prophecy is really about. Also what would be intresting is if in the end it turns out his prophecy was wrong and then Syd drops the prophecy on the ground :lol: Um nvr mind! But they added up some stuff on Rambaldi I'd like to see finished!

They haven't really talked about the HOC except when Lauren and Sark met up with McKenna (which btw I thought was depressing cause he was hardliy in the episode :angry: ) So who knows if they'll really go into it but they will seeing that someone put all this time and effort to get Syd and Nadia I hope that we find out who it is...for all we know it could be someone you'd never except like Kendall. Or Helena the third Derevko sister....

:blink: there was an assassination paper...Why do I not remember this (work brain work!)

and that IV thing well um that maybe if its important they would talk about it more but its already in S4 so I doubt that it was really important....(i think I'll watch that ep tonight to see again.

Maybe Syd erased her mind cause of something she knew that she shouldn'tve that people were looking for like she said about the covenant but I believe there was more to it. Like why wouldn't she have told Lazeray and why was it so easy to find it...it was like she left herself clues as to why and how that stuff happened to her.

Alias_Addict47 said:
Maybe Syd erased her mind cause of something she knew that she shouldn'tve that people were looking for like she said about the covenant but I believe there was more to it. Like why wouldn't she have told Lazeray and why was it so easy to find it...it was like she left herself clues as to why and how that stuff happened to her.
[post="984148"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree . . . I've been asking all year why Sydney would take something from a more secure place (Rambaldi's secret location that requires 12 keys to open--and probably destroys the contents if you don't open it properly) and put it in a much less secure place (a simple safety deposit box in a hotel with an evocative name)? Yeah, Sloane subsequently found the Rambaldi location (he or the Covenant apparently recovered Lazarey's hand), but still . . . Actually, it kinda looks like Sydney was pressed for time and stashed it in the hotel, then erased her memory to keep the Covenant from getting the location with the plan of eventually coming back to get it for the CIA (therefore the clue of the hotel name). [And in this case, Sloane/the Covenant need not have left the trail; Sydney herself could have left all the clues: Lazarey's hand, sending the keys to Sloane; leaving the encoded messages to herself.] But if she was really telling Kendall the truth about how she felt, I agree, why didn't she destroy the vial's contents? That would have been the most secure solution. It all seems rather extreme for someone so tough that she withstood the Covenant's protocol for transforming her personality . . . unless she's hiding something else from herself as well (as you suggest).

I'm hoping, anyway. ;)

I'm guessing there are also other superceding considerations of her past two years that we haven't been privy to. Remember that Jack knew about everything that was happening. Maybe Jack and maybe even Kendall's involvement made her make the choices she did. And if that's the case, Kendell may still not be telling her the whole story.

xinli11 said:
I'm guessing there are also other superceding considerations of her past two years that we haven't been privy to.  Remember that Jack knew about everything that was happening.  Maybe Jack and maybe even Kendall's involvement made her make the choices she did.  And if that's the case, Kendell may still not be telling her the whole story.
[post="984400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
We don't know that Jack knew from the beginning what Sydney's status was (not having read what Sydney read--we don't know what was in that document). In fact, he was imprisoned at about the time that the video was taken that furnished the proof that she survived. I would consider it a bit of a "cheat" on the part of the writers if they decided that Jack knew for sure what had happened to her (if he had reason to suspect she had survived but did not know what had happened, that's something else again). The fact that Kendall chose his moment for "full disclosure" when Jack was conspicuously absent is interesting. I also note that when Sydney escaped the Covenant and came to the CIA, Kendall kept her from everyone (Vaughn conveniently involved and watched, Dixon sworn to secrecy, Jack--he claims--off on some undercover mission), leaving himself (with his ties to the DSR) with exclusive access to her services. Interesting, no? Then, consider that he stepped in and attempted to seize complete control (through arrest) of Sydney before (via the prophecy). There are some indications of a power struggle . . . my thought is that both Kendall and Jack (and probably others, like Sloane) want to control Sydney--the significant consideration being that Jack's the only one in the game protecting Sydney's interests (heck, she could hardly protect them herself when she was a baby!). I think Kendall is an important player here. But, hey, this is all conjecture. ;)
✌️

I agree . . . I've been asking all year why Sydney would take something from a more secure place (Rambaldi's secret location that requires 12 keys to open--and probably destroys the contents if you don't open it properly) and put it in a much less secure place (a simple safety deposit box in a hotel with an evocative name)? Yeah, Sloane subsequently found the Rambaldi location (he or the Covenant apparently recovered Lazarey's hand), but still . . . Actually, it kinda looks like Sydney was pressed for time and stashed it in the hotel, then erased her memory to keep the Covenant from getting the location with the plan of eventually coming back to get it for the CIA (therefore the clue of the hotel name). [And in this case, Sloane/the Covenant need not have left the trail; Sydney herself could have left all the clues: Lazarey's hand, sending the keys to Sloane; leaving the encoded messages to herself.] But if she was really telling Kendall the truth about how she felt, I agree, why didn't she destroy the vial's contents? That would have been the most secure solution. It all seems rather extreme for someone so tough that she withstood the Covenant's protocol for transforming her personality . . . unless she's hiding something else from herself as well (as you suggest).

I'm hoping, anyway.

I hope so too.

About the Rambaldi stuff. There is absolutely no chance of it being dropped completely, seeing as it is more or less the entire story. All of the characters are motivated by it in some way, and it is basically the whole reason Sydney exists. But it's a bit like the technique used in good horror films. Don't show too much, and leave some things up to the viewers' imaginations. The more we see, the more ridiuclous it seems, and the more viewers are going to be turned off.

I'm still wondering is JJ is going to tell us Rembaldis endgame yet or drag this felgercarb out for another season I dunno which I want it to do though. I didn't like how season 3 was totally about Rembaldi but I do like Rembaldi int eh story line ya know?

That's what my friend was telling me today! It was apparently the SAB (Sydney Anne Bristow) project. I still don't know what it is, haha.

Aliasfan13 said:
That's what my friend was telling me today! It was apparently the SAB (Sydney Anne Bristow) project. I still don't know what it is, haha.
[post="990436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
They didn't either. I think they wanted to leave it open-ended for season 4. ;)

Back