Season 4 Some unanswered questions...?

verdantheart said:
We don't know that Jack knew from the beginning what Sydney's status was (not having read what Sydney read--we don't know what was in that document). In fact, he was imprisoned at about the time that the video was taken that furnished the proof that she survived. I would consider it a bit of a "cheat" on the part of the writers if they decided that Jack knew for sure what had happened to her (if he had reason to suspect she had survived but did not know what had happened, that's something else again). The fact that Kendall chose his moment for "full disclosure" when Jack was conspicuously absent is interesting. I also note that when Sydney escaped the Covenant and came to the CIA, Kendall kept her from everyone (Vaughn conveniently involved and watched, Dixon sworn to secrecy, Jack--he claims--off on some undercover mission), leaving himself (with his ties to the DSR) with exclusive access to her services. Interesting, no? Then, consider that he stepped in and attempted to seize complete control (through arrest) of Sydney before (via the prophecy). There are some indications of a power struggle . . . my thought is that both Kendall and Jack (and probably others, like Sloane) want to control Sydney--the significant consideration being that Jack's the only one in the game protecting Sydney's interests (heck, she could hardly protect them herself when she was a baby!). I think Kendall is an important player here. But, hey, this is all conjecture.  ;)
✌️
[post="984776"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think that he didn't know from the beginning too and as some have suggested he was not really imprisoned but I don't believe that. Lindsay's obvious hatred and dispise for Jack seemed very real. Plus I doubt they could ever pull it off, him being in there all that time and no one realizing he was gone unless he like left since he was in solitaire. But that would be a cheat so I doubt he really knew from the get-go. I believe he later found out (maybe the tape who knows) and realized she and everyone was under survailence and he left her be. Or He didn't tell her about the project because of something he may have been trying to hide from his past (the alias cartoon picture has Jack pushing back Skeletons in the closet and Kendall hiding underground, which makes me believe Kendall helped Jack but it was to cover up something else. Not Jack being covenant though.

Alias_Addict47 said:
I think that he didn't know from the beginning too and as some have suggested he was not really imprisoned but I don't believe that. Lindsay's obvious hatred and dispise for Jack seemed very real. Plus I doubt they could ever pull it off, him being in there all that time and no one realizing he was gone unless he like left since he was in solitaire. But that would be a cheat so I doubt he really knew from the get-go.
[post="996185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree to tell us now that Jack's solitary confinement (that Sydney worked very hard to extract him from) was bogus would be a huge cheat on the part of the writers. A writing staff has to be aware of what parts of "history" they can get away with "rewriting" and what parts they can't. If they decide that they can just change things that the audience "knows" simply because they have the power to cleverly rewrite their way around them, they are sadly mistaken. Their audience has an emotional investment in what they've experienced and the writers can't simply pull the rug out from under the audience and say "Psyche!" ;)
✌️

verdantheart said:
I agree to tell us now that Jack's solitary confinement (that Sydney worked very hard to extract him from) was bogus would be a huge cheat on the part of the writers. A writing staff has to be aware of what parts of "history" they can get away with "rewriting" and what parts they can't. If they decide that they can just change things that the audience "knows" simply because they have the power to cleverly rewrite their way around them, they are sadly mistaken. Their audience has an emotional investment in what they've experienced and the writers can't simply pull the rug out from under the audience and say "Psyche!" ;)
✌️
[post="996397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
right-o! I mean if they tried to pull everything off that the audience wanted, the show would suck, and they would've cheated everything. You can't get a lot of people into liking Syd and Jack's father-daughter-relationship, and all wrapped up in it to say it was a lie and he was never really in conifnement. Syd's entire life would've been a lie. First to put Lauren in, try to make everyone not see the obviousness that she's a double agent, and then have everything go back to normal? what was really the point? You'll be taking back the enitire foundation you set with something dumb like if Jack's confinement was fake. Leave it be find something new and just write a good season. Don't try to go back and fix what you accidently wrong by making stuff into lies. It makes you look bad ^_^

-Brooke-

As far as the blackmail note that Lindsey showed Sloane, I never thought about it until I was watching that episode on dvd and my first thought was he somehow knew about Nadia. That was essentially Sloane's "endgame" for season 3, finding his daughter who could lead him to Rambaldi. Though how Lindsey would know this I have no clue.

Does anyone remember in S3 when Lindsey gives Sloane a letter telling him he knew Sloanes endgame. Do we know what that was about? I can't remember.

Chance said:
Does anyone remember in S3 when Lindsey gives Sloane a letter telling him he knew Sloanes endgame. Do we know what that was about? I can't remember.
[post="997248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Of course, but it was never revealed what Lindsey thought Sloane's endgame was or not--so we have no idea whether it was about Nadia and the Sphere of Life, or even whether this is, in fact, Sloane's "ultimate" endgame. Was Lindsey correct in his assessment of Sloane's endgame? We cannot be certain of it. We can only know that Lindsey was definitely a greater threat to Sloane than Sydney. For one thing, if Lindsey was correct, he was stupid to so plainly mark himself out for death. Another thing is that Sydney might well be an asset that Sloane still wants to protect. We know that he still harbors some affection for her (in his own twisted way) and would not trade her for just any advantage. ;)
✌️

Like Sloane has said to Syd, "You are like a daughter to me." and though he thought she was his daughter I bet he really meant it. I know that he hurt Syd lots of times, but I believe he does somewhat care for her.

well duh!! he lost his wife, so now syd is the only one sloane feels like is his family, or at leat has the history of some sort of friendship with him

also since nadia "rearranged" the equation isnt wierd how she remembers what its supposed to say when she was under the influce of a liqiud that could cause permanent brain damage, plus wouldn't she have to solve the equation & how would she do that without the code key???

[Merged double post -- please remember that you have an Edit button on the lower right if you want to add something. ;) ]

Ummm, wasn't that injection supposed to link her to Rambaldi so she really didn't need the code key. Also, she could rearrange the equation becomes someimes the effect would wear off and she would pretend to be under and write a different equation. What I don't get is how she knew the pattern still even though she was under when writing, and how she was able to write it all matching a certain shape even when not looking.

**Mountaineer** said:
also since nadia "rearranged" the equation isnt wierd how she remembers what its supposed to say when she was under the influce of a liqiud that could cause permanent brain damage, plus wouldn't she have to solve the equation & how would she do that without the code key???
[post="997685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Alias_Addict47 said:
Ummm, wasn't that injection supposed to link her to Rambaldi so she really didn't need the code key. Also, she could rearrange the equation becomes someimes the effect would wear off and she would pretend to be under and write a different equation. What I don't get is how she knew the pattern still even though she was under when writing, and how she was able to write it all matching a certain shape even when not looking.
[post="997761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Since the elixir is supposed to be a simple protein complex that induces muscular contractions, I don't buy the "link her to Rambaldi" theory, so I hope they don't hope to foist that upon us. :lol: That's just the lengend part of it. I also wonder how a) she's supposed to remember such a complex equation, b) somehow know the decryption algorithm in her head (which had to be figured out laboriously by others--and, oh, by the way, how did she alter it in just the right way for them to get a usable decryption key?) and c) be able to decrypt the equation (again) in her head to come out with the location--as is suggested in "Resurrection." OK, Sydney's supposedly a genius, but I guess her sister makes her look like a moron? Talk about stretching credulity! :lol: I've thought about this, but haven't written about it before. I guess I should . . .

verdantheart said:
Since the elixir is supposed to be a simple protein complex that induces muscular contractions, I don't buy the "link her to Rambaldi" theory, so I hope they don't hope to foist that upon us.  :lol:  That's just the lengend part of it. I also wonder how a) she's supposed to remember such a complex equation, b) somehow know the decryption algorithm in her head (which had to be figured out laboriously by others--and, oh, by the way, how did she alter it in just the right way for them to get a usable decryption key?) and c) be able to decrypt the equation (again) in her head to come out with the location--as is suggested in "Resurrection." OK, Sydney's supposedly a genius, but I guess her sister makes her look like a moron? Talk about stretching credulity!  :lol:  I've thought about this, but haven't written about it before. I guess I should . . .
[post="998187"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ya, that's what I'm saying....How would she know all that?

guys i think we all know who the head of the convenant is.

ready?

drum roll please

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun!

steve and robyn dixon!! :P :lol:

hehe

nah i wouldn't have a clue to any of the answer 'cept that the letter to sloane told him that he had a daughter... i'm with you guys on that one

Back