Season 3 This Alias in New Timeslot!

Ok i am a HUGE fan of Alias and I agree that it should not be pushed back another hour for the Nick and Jessica show. I am a fan of Newleyweds on MTV and I did in fact watch the show. It is true that it was rather corny and just a remake of other variety shows. I want Alias back to its regular time and maybe ABC can change the variety show hour. This is no reason to become extremely upset over this matter. Who knows, the variety show may not do so well on the air and they may cancel it. But, there is not much reason to bash Nick and Jessica. That is just my 2 cents.

ivand67 said:
Well, I know a lot of you are quite pissed, but this could actually mean better ratings for Alias, if this special gets them good ratings. Maybe it will. The Newlyweds made these 2 really popular, so maybe the MTV audience will watch that...

Whatever... I can't believe some of you can't just take a pair of sleeping pills at 11 or something... You'll have to tape it??? hehehe...

just kidding
I think that this article indicates that the Nick and Jessica Variety Hour Special did provide a good lead-in to Alias, because it finished higher than last week.

Nick and Jessica score for ABC 04/12/2004
Sun Apr 11, 8:00 PM ET 

Rick Kissell, STAFF for Variety Variety

ABC scored a rare nightly victory Sunday in key demos behind strong showings for the "Nick and Jessica Variety Hour" spec and hot reality skein "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," according to preliminary nationals from Nielsen.

From 9 to 10, "Nick and Jessica," starring married couple Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson (news), was the night's top-rated broadcast in adults 18-49 (4.7/11, 11.4 million viewers overall), besting the score of every episode of "Alias" to air in the slot this season. It built in 18-49 rating on its first-place lead-in from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (4.5/12 in adults 18-49, 11.7 million viewers overall), which hit series highs in adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and key male demos. ABC also led in 18-49 at 7 with "America's Funniest Home Videos" (2.5/9, 7.8 million viewers overall) and tied for the lead at 10 with "Alias" (3.8/10, 8.7 million viewers overall).

CBS edged out Fox for second on the night in 18-49 and led in total viewers, paced by the broadcast premiere of Mel Gibson (news) pic "The Patriot" (3.1/8 in adults 18-49, 10.1 million viewers overall). Fox's nearly all-repeat lineup was led by an 8:30 encore of "The Simpsons" (3.6/9 in adults 18-49, 8.2 million viewers overall).

NBC's original movie "Homeland Security" averaged a nothing-special 3.1/8 in adults 18-49 and 9 million viewers overall.

Preliminary 18-49 averages for the night: ABC, 3.9/11; CBS, 2.8/8; Fox, 2.7/8; NBC, 2.5/7; WB, 1.1/3.

In total viewers: CBS, 10.1 million; ABC, 9.9 million; NBC, 8.5 million; Fox, 6.2 million; WB, 2.3 million.

So if Alias gets a better lead-in from Nick and Jessica, and then more people might stick around to watch Alias. (y)

The variety show format seems to work better at the 8 p.m. spot in my opinion, but Alias benefits from following it. :woot:

yah im sure shes not AS dumb as she seems...but wow that was the most horrible show ive ever seen. it was just NOT FUNNY.

From 9 to 10, "Nick and Jessica," starring married couple Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson (news), was the night's top-rated broadcast in adults 18-49 (4.7/11, 11.4 million viewers overall), besting the score of every episode of "Alias" to air in the slot this season. It built in 18-49 rating on its first-place lead-in from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (4.5/12 in adults 18-49, 11.7 million viewers overall), which hit series highs in adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and key male demos. ABC also led in 18-49 at 7 with "America's Funniest Home Videos" (2.5/9, 7.8 million viewers overall) and tied for the lead at 10 with "Alias" (3.8/10, 8.7 million viewers overall).

At least the strategy worked for ABC ... as Alias got 8.7 millions viewers ... which is 2.2 millions more than regularly ... (y)

On the other hand ... this eppy gave some insight to the storyline of Alias and hopefully people will keep watching ... for example ... I would wanna continue watching just to see what Lauren would do, when she finds out that her husband knows about her other work as Covenant ... "The Passenger" who is the passenger? I would wanna continue watching to find out, who it is and why so many are afraid for her to come out ... and some others are protecting her?

So, in this case, people will wanna continue watching ... ;)

Back