Transcending Paths

Okay! I lost a bet. So this is for Janet. I'm still bitter I lost. <_< But here ya go. :hug: Ya know I still love you!!

Hope everyone else enjoys too.. :D

ETA: Okay, so the bet was over when Baby!Dimples AKA Jen's Baby would be born. I said it would be November 27th. :( I was wrong.

[1/1]

Sydney Bristow liked control. She always had control of her life. She controlled where and when she worked, what she ate, where she went, who she dated, but therein lies the problem.

Matters of the heart were just something she couldn’t control.

She ran a hand through her dark brown hair as she stared out at the ocean from the deck of the pier. Ever since she was a little girl, this place had comforted her.

It’s where she first kissed him, at just eleven years old.

They had been next door neighbors for as long as Sydney could remember. She remembered how he would chase her with his water gun, or torment her with his GI Joes.

Sydney also remembered how, as he got older, he would cut grass shirtless. She would spend hours watching him, sweat dripping down his body, his blonde hair glistening in the sun.

They were best friends throughout middle school and high school, but neither could deny the spark between them.

Finally, the night they graduated, he revealed to her how he truly felt; how he had loved her for as long as he could remember and how he wanted her to be girlfriend.

She had kissed him senseless, only stopping when her father walked into their room and yelled at them.

That began their romantic relationship.

They were inseparable, both went to the local UCLA, and spent every free moment with each other. They had the luxury of already knowing each other and were able to skip the ‘get to know each other’ phase of their relationship. They took their time adjusting to their new relationship though, waiting almost a year and a half before taking the next step in their relationship.

It was both of theirs first time, and they were extremely nervous.

They discovered that they were perfect for each other, and that it came naturally.

From that moment on, they were even more fused together at the hip. Sydney even moved in with at the start of their junior year.

No one was surprised when he proposed shortly after they graduated college.

They were blissfully happy. Sydney knew she loved him with all her heart and they would spend forever together, until one day when everything changed.

It had started as a normal day. He left Sydney in bed, while he went to work, parting with a kiss and I Love You’s.

It wasn’t until eight o’clock that night that Sydney began to worry. He hadn’t called, and he always did. After the longest hour of her life, she got a call - the call that would change her life forever.

He had been in an accident. His body was burned beyond recognition. Just like that, he was gone forever.

Sydney was devastated.

Her life had ended with him.

Sydney didn’t move on for months. She didn’t even get out of bed, despite both of their parent’s pleadings for her to get on with her life.

She didn’t even consider dating. As far as she was concerned, she was a widow.

Sydney knew he wouldn’t want her to be this way, but she didn’t know how to go on without him.

It wasn’t until almost six years later that she met him. He was the complete opposite of her childhood love and was annoyingly persistent.

He was a friend of Will and Francie’s, and he asked her out nearly every time he saw her for over a year, before she finally caved, with the hope that he would leave her alone.

She was guiltily surprised to find that she actually had a good time. Although she vowed to never date again, she found herself falling for him.

In a way, he saved her from herself. He helped her move on for good and finally close the old chapter of her life where all she did was mourn.

Sydney always felt a slight twinge of betrayal, every time she went out with her savior, but the thoughts of her lost love slowly faded away to a nostalgic memory.

After two years of dating, he asked her to marry him. Sydney said yes without a doubt, knowing that she would have a life of passion and joy.

She had always believed her childhood love was the love of her life, but each and every day she spent with her new love her opinion changed and she began to believe that her current fiancé really was the man she was meant to be with.

Sydney was happy for the first time in over six years and things were going great.

Until she got the second call that changed her life forever; there had been a mix up seven years earlier. It wasn’t her love’s body that was found in the car, it was a friend he had been taking home from work.

That meant her childhood love had been out there, somewhere all along.

Her first love had walked into his parent’s house as if nothing had happened. Both parents were shocked/

Apparently seven years prior, he had gotten amnesia, and through a mix up at the hospital, he was released under a false name.

He woke up one day with memory of his old life, and not remembered anything about his missing years.

Sydney was floored. She had finally moved on. Why did this have to happen to her?

She rushed to the hospital, and the second she walked into the room, she knew it was him. He was just as she remembered him; strikingly handsome, his eyes a bright green, and he had that boyish, yet matured look that she loved about him.

One smile from him... from her Michael... and she was gone. She couldn’t do this. She was over him, wasn’t she?

She had Julian now. She loved him more than she ever loved Michael, she told herself.

Sydney went to the one place that would clear her mind: the pier.

This is where Julian Sark had brought her on their first date.

She burst into tears and told him about Michael, then and there.

Since then, the pier was Sydney’s spot. Julian knew where to look for her if she was upset, but never bought her there, knowing that was something she shared with Michael.

On one hand, Julian was kind and so understanding. He helped her move on from Michael after six long years. He was the one who saved her. He was her rescuer, a knight in shining armor. She would always love him for that. Their love had grown over time and was strong and unbreakable.

On the other hand, there was Michael. He was her first love, and they had so much history. He was so full of passion and had a childlike innocence in everything he did. Michael got under her skin like a drug, and before she was beyond addicted, but now... now she was over him, but one look at him and all those feelings she had kept buried had returned.

She loved them both the same. Is it possible to have two ‘love of your life’s? She asked herself.

Leaning her head against the railing, she let the tears fall down her cheeks. She had no clue what to do. Should she give her first love a second chance, or stay with the man that had helped her move on and she loved now?

Sydney jumped when a hand touched her shoulder, “Syd...” Michael said softly.

“How’d you...” She began to ask, but he cut her off with a look that said, ‘I still know you.’

“I just wanted to say that... God, this is hard... but... I know you’ve moved on and it feels like yesterday to me, but I want you to stay with him. I don’t deserve you and I never have Syd. I don’t want to come between you two. I want you to stay with him.” He said firmly.

With that, he walked away.

He had told her what to do, but why did that make the decision so much harder?

Sydney stayed there a couple more hours, until it started to rain. She rushed to her car, where her cell phone was vibrating. She flipped open the cover and saw a text message from Julian.

‘Take all the time you need. I just want you to be happy. Love you.’

Sydney rested her head against the steering wheel, trying to calm the waves of thoughts that rushed through her brain.

She finally calmed herself enough to drive. Not knowing where to go, she went to the one place where she would be taken care of: Her parent’s home.

They each hugged her tightly, but left her alone with her thoughts.

It wasn’t until she woke up the next morning, that she realized she had fallen asleep in her old bedroom. She woke up with a clarity she didn’t have the night before. She knew what she had to do. She knew who she was meant to be with. There shouldn’t have even been a question.

Sydney didn’t know how she hadn’t realized it the night before.

There was only one man that she was in love with. One man that could make her happy the rest of her life.

Jumping out of bed, she didn’t even say goodbye to her parents and she hopped into her car.

It didn’t take her long to find him. When he opened the door, he gave her a small smile. Sydney didn’t give him a chance to even say ‘hello’ before she began:

“I know everything is crazy right now, but, I love you.” Sydney paused to correct herself, “I’m in love with you. So in love with you. I can’t live without you. I wouldn’t be happy with him; only you.” She finished in a whisper, leaning over and brushing her lips against his.

When they broke apart he smiled, pulling her into a tight hug and just holding her. Sydney knew she made the right choice. She could have picked the other man and been perfectly content the rest of her life, but with him, it was the life she always dreamed of.

:angelic:

“I just wanted to say that... God, this is hard... but... I know you’ve moved on and it feels like yesterday to me, but I want you to stay with him. I don’t deserve you and I never have Syd. I don’t want to come between you two. I want you to stay with him.” He said firmly.

With that, he walked away.

He had told her what to do, but why did that make the decision so much harder?
Aww... :cry: That's so courageous of Vaughn... ok.. probably not the right word to use. But you have to give him credit on thinking about Sydney's happiness and wanting what's best for her, even if that means not being with him..... :cry: And he told her to stay with Julian...

“I know everything is crazy right now, but, I love you.” Sydney paused to correct herself, “I’m in love with you. So in love with you. I can’t live without you. I wouldn’t be happy with him; only you.” She finished in a whisper, leaning over and brushing her lips against his.

When they broke apart he smiled, pulling her into a tight hug and just holding her. Sydney knew she made the right choice. She could have picked the other man and been perfectly content the rest of her life, but with him, it was the life she always dreamed of.
I am a wee bit confused... did she choose Michael of did she choose Julian?? My gut feeling is telling me that she chose Michael... but then again.... :confused:

I'm sorry you lost the bet... :angelic: But it was a really great story. :smiley:

Sydney knew she made the right choice. She could have picked the other man and been perfectly content the rest of her life, but with him, it was the life she always dreamed of.

Who on earth did she pick?!

:o_O:

*strokes chin*

Since you didn't tell us, I'm going to decide for myself. She picked...

MICHAEL!

YEAH! Go Syd! :woot:

Wow, I'm cool, hey? :rolleyes: :lol: LOVED the irony of the situation though Katy... T'was awesome ;)

Cai
x

Oh my FREAKIN god!

That was so awesome! hahaha and though im slightly irritated that you didn't tell us who she picked, I liked it coz in my mind, she chose Michael :D

Hahahaha :love:

Loved it

Aly -xx-

not that i want to encourage gambling or anything but katy you should take more bets!

that was very clever if a tad frustrating!

good writing hun

keep it up!

Haha, I know who she chose. But some people who like Sarkney may want her to chose Sark....

I'm trying to hide my disgruntled face right now :P

lol im alittle confused, but im just gonna keep to myself who she picked, *coughvaughncough* damn cold, i hate flu season
but antyways, great one-partner
love it, you should lose bets more often ;)
thanx for the pm

:D

Aww, that was just awesome, I know I would have chosen Vaughn.
It was sad and sweet at the same time, I loved it....

Great work!!!!!!

°°NiCkY°°

She knew who she was meant to be with. There shouldn’t have even been a question.

Will? :P

I know I'm going to be hit wth that one.

Actually, I hope it's Michael. I never did like Sark with Sydney.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

:angelic:

thats the part that made me choose that she chose vaughn over sark
i liked it so sad but some angst so overall the emotional rollercoaster that we expect of syd and vaughn

Back