When Two Path's Collide

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters or anything affiliated with Alias

Sydney and Vaughn are both freshman in college. Sydney is the quiet but beautiful "girl next door" type, while Vaughn is the good looking, out going popular guy. One day they meet in a most unusual way....

Chapter 1

Sydney sighed to herself as she was greeted by sunshine as she walked out of the chemistry building. Looking at her watch, she decided that she had enough time to return to her dorm, change into her running clothes, and go for a run.

“Hey” Sydney was greeted by her roommate as she entered her room and threw her back pack on her bed.
“Hi Francie” she replied
“How was chemistry?”
Sydney began to search through her draws, while simultaneously making a mental note that she needs to do laundry.
“Hello? Earth to Syd!”
Sydney snapped back to reality “oh I’m sorry Fran, what did you say?”
“Are you alright Syd?”
“Yea I’m fine, just got a lot on my mind right now.”
“You want to talk about it?”
“No, thanks, I’ll be fine.” With that she flashed Francie a fake smile, and grabbed her running clothes, and sneakers.
“I’m going for a run…I’ll be back later.”
“Ok, Syd you’re a running freak you know that?”
“Haha yea I know Fran.”

Fifteen minutes later Sydney was running down the road that led off campus. Students were walking to and from classes. It was a beautiful spring day, and only two weeks until spring break. She was particularly looking forward to this spring break, after being away at school and not seeing her home for more than eight weeks. Even though she was nineteen years old, she still disliked being away from home for a long time.

Two miles into her run, she passed an entrance to a trail that she had never noticed before. It was still bright out, and she felt adventurous, so she turned and decided to see where it would lead her. She sighed again to herself as she revisited her day in her mind.
“Dammit” she said aloud as she thought of the chemistry test that she had received back earlier that day.
Running always seemed an escape route for Sydney, a way to clear her head and gather her thoughts, and to just relax. But today, she was unusually upset.
“nothing ever goes right for me…ever!” shouted Sydney as she continued to run through the woods.
As the trail became narrow, and more roots and obstacles appeared to be growing out of the ground below her she was forced to run while staring at the ground instead of looking ahead. Trying very carefully not to fall, she continued on. Finally deciding that she didn’t want to be on this path anymore, she speed up, hoping to reach the end sooner. When all of a sudden she crashed into something, or someone that was running the opposite way on the narrow path. The collision caused both of them to fall.
“wooow, of my gosh I’m so sorry!” exclaimed Sydney as she attempted to get up off the ground.
“No, I’m sorry, I should have been watching where I was going more carefully.”
Sydney looked up and saw a boy about her age, about six feet tall, with light brown hair, and the most amazing green eyes she had ever seen extending a hand to help her stand up.
“Thanks” Sydney said
“My names Michael” said the boy
“Hi Michael, it’s nice to meet you…and sorry again about the whole collision thing.”
“Haha don’t worry about it, wait I didn’t catch your name.”
“Sydney.”
“oh, nice to meet you Sydney.” he replied
Sydney looked down at her hand, and it was still being protectively held by Michael. Michael saw her glance down and realized that he was still holding onto her hand. Embarrassed he quickly let go.
“Sorry” he said, his face turning slightly red.
“It’s alright” replied Sydney, silently wishing that he hadn’t let go.
“So do you run here regularly?” Michael asked
“No, actually I’ve never been done this path before, I was kind of just winging it.” She smiled at him.
Michael noticed her smile, and couldn‘t help but think how beautiful it was, or how beautiful she was, even if she was sweaty and in running clothes. “Oh I see, well I run down here all the time, I know the path really well, I could show you the way back if you want.”
“Yea that would be great.”
They both smiled at each other, as Michael led Sydney back to the campus.

Interesting start :D
I'd love to get a PM when you post more ^_^
I'm sure it's going to be really good :P
After all I'm sure fluff will be good :lol:

Thanks

Great beginning. :cool:
Can I have a pm?
And don't listen to ashqua: you have to write some angst :lol:
98%of angst and 2% of fluff ^_^
(I'm just kidding) Can't wait for more!

o my gosh!... that is so great... i was gonna reply first and i was like yay... im gonna be first on the PM list but then my computer cut off... and i was like NOOOOOOO!!!! ... but anyways... that was a really good start... im anxious to see where youre going with this... :D.... can i be on the PM list please?... if you have one... im youre #1 fan already!!!... :D... hehe... update soon....

((Sweet Dreams))

OMV!!!!! I can not believe I didn't see this sooner! You totally played into Sydney's running when she's mad, and made her run into Vaughn!!! I :love: it. Please PM me when you update!!! And please update soon!

Riley xoxo

So good! I love how the title is so literal! he is so cute, he was still holdin her hand, i wouldnt want him to let go of my hand either lol! Can i get a pm when u next update this was so good!

Back