UNFORGETTABLE

I'll finish writing first thing tomorrow I promise. I wanted to post today but chapter 2 is giving me a hard time. I am re-writing it. Chapter 3 is readier than chapter 2. which is weird, but I have to finish #2 first. ;)
hopefully I'll post two chapters tomorrow, I am trying to write as much as I can this weekend 'cause monday I start school :(

A/N This chapter is nice but not great. It is a little slow. The good part is still to come and I can’t wait to get there, but there are some things that need to be said and that is the purpose of this chapter. I hope you like it and continue reading. Things start to get really good since chapter 3 and even more from there :D

CHAPTER 2: INSTINCTS

Inside the bar everybody remained in shock. Finally Rick’s voice broke the silence:

“What was that about?”

“I don’t know” replied Brian with a mixture of sadness and confusion in his voice.

He apologized to the rest of the people and soon almost everyone has gone home. Brian left first to try to catch Sydney but he didn’t succeeded. Rick and Joseph left a few minutes later to look for her too. Nicole and Rachel remained at the bar a little longer trying to figure out what the hell happened to Sydney.

“Do you have any idea of what happened to her, Nicole?” Nicole just shook her head, Rachel continued speaking “I saw you talking with her. What were you talking about?”

“I just asked her if she was alright. I noticed that she was a little….. I don’t know, a little sad, I guess”

“I noticed that, too. I know it is kind of stupid, but I think she got depressed since the incident with the frame at her house”

“I was thinking the same” said Nicole “She said that frame was a gift from someone she loved very much. I am pretty sure that this whole thing has something to do with that person. I would die to know who is it. Maybe one of her parents” Nicole still refused to let go the parents’ theory.

“I don’t know. We should try to find her. Let’s split. Call me if you find her”

“OK”

Both women went their separate ways. Nicole just wandered through the streets. She was about to leave when she recognized Sydney’s form sitting on a bench at the bus stop. Nicole thought it was an strange place for her to be. But Sydney didn’t made a random choice. The bus stop was the closest thing in town to a train station where she used to go when she wanted to feel normal. Since she left L.A. this was the first time she needed that reassurance of normalcy again.

Nicole walked silently until she was standing in front of Sydney. She had obviously been crying and she had her head buried in her knees.
She felt someone’s presence and she lifted her gaze.

“Nicole….”

“Sydney, it’s OK honey, let it out”

Nicole just embraced her friend and let her cry for several moments. This was the first time ever Nicole saw Sydney cry. She always considered her friend an extremely strong woman that didn’t let things get on her way and that didn’t waste her time suffering about anything. Seeing her totally broken like that was breaking her heart, but at the same time was intriguing her. What could have possibly be making her suffer so much? She was determined to find out. After Sydney calmed down, she hesitantly spoke:

“Sydney, tell me, what happened on October first?”

Sydney chose her words carefully not wanting to reveal too much.

“My life changed completely that day”

“Tell me what happened. Did it change in a good way or in a bad way?” asked Nicole tentatively.

Sydney closed her eyes, memories coming back to her again….

FLASHBACK

Sydney walks down the street with her flaming red hair and her black jumpsuit. She enters the CIA building and walks towards the receptionist.

RECEPTIONIST: May I help you?

SYDNEY: I need to speak to the director. Mr. Devlin.

RECEPTIONIST: I'm sorry, Mr. Devlin is not available. May I leave a message?

SYDNEY: Tell him he has a walk-in.
The receptionist looks at her in awe and then asks her to follow. They walk over the CIA emblem on the floor.
Warehouse

VAUGHN: Syd...

(She looks at him. He takes off his silver watch.)

VAUGHN: This watch belonged to my father…… It's broken now, but it used to keep perfect time. And when he gave it to me, he said, "You could set your heart by this watch."……. It stopped October 1st…….. the day we met.

END OF FLASHBACK

Sydney flinched at the memory of her arrival to the CIA but then smiled when she remembered Vaughn showing her his father’s watch.

“I am not sure” she responded to Nicole’s question after she snapped out of her thoughts.

Sydney couldn’t speak with Nicole about her past life but she needed to let some things out of her system so she started talking in a very cryptic way.

“Why is it that after all this time I just can’t forget…… I can’t spend one single day without thinking off….. everything” more precisely Vaughn “I can’t remember some things no matter how hard I try” she said thinking of the two years of her life that past without her notice “and I can’t make myself forget so many other things that I wished never happened. I’ve seen so much Nicole, so much pain, so much suffering, so much death…….and it keeps haunting me”

Nicole stared at Sydney puzzled but she got the hint that she wasn’t going to be any more clear. She decided to ask some things that may clarify things for her.

“Is this somehow related to the person that gave you that silver frame”

Sydney looked at Nicole confused. She wasn’t sure how to respond to that. She finally smiled.

“You know Nic, you are a very perceptive person.” She said avoiding a direct answer. “My mother was like that. She could discover secrets from others just by observing them…”

FLASHBACK

IRINA: Agent Vaughn has trouble sleeping when you're in the field.

SYDNEY: I doubt he told you that.

IRINA: He didn't have to tell me, I could see it in his eyes. I can see it in yours

END OF FLASHBACK

Nicole smiled. This was the first time Sydney was talking about her mother.

“You remind me of her because of that” syd spoke again “In a NON scary way”

Nicole was a little taken aback by Sydney’s last remark.

“You Sydney, I’ve realized that I don’t know anything about your mother…..You never talk about her…….Did she die?”

Sydney laughed sadly.

“Sort of” she responded.

“How is that?” asked Nicole confused

“Believe me you don’t wanna know about my mother” she said bitterly, then she continued “You don’t know so many things about me Nicole. You…… You don’t know me…..neither does Brian or anyone else here.”

“How can you say that! You are my best friend. And Yes I am starting that you haven’t talk much about your past. But I know you are a good person that is enough.”

“If you knew more about what I have done, you may not think that way. How can you affirm that I am a good person, I could be a serial killer for what you know…..”

“Look Syd, you are starting to scare me a little with all this talk about a dark past. I am sure you are exaggerating though.” Sydney smiled sadly “I don’t know what happened to you, but you are my friend and you are a good person, one of the best I’ve ever known” she started to walk away “I can’t tell you how I know that Syd, I just do. Sometimes you just have to follow your instincts....”

Sydney watched until her friend disappeared in the darkness of the street and then she closed her eyes once again remembering.

FLASHBACK

VAUGHN: I'm not trying to play you.

SYDNEY: Yeah. We'll see.

VAUGHN: I have an instinct.

END OF FLASHBACK

:smiley: :angelic:

A/N This wasn’t an exiting chapter I am sorry. But it was a transition chapter. I hope you didn’t find it boring. Also I know that using the watch scene is kind of cliché but I just couldn’t resist. I love that scene and besides it fitted the story so forgive me for that.
Tell me what you think, please review short, long whatever you can.

And sorry for the delay, I intended to post 2 chapters today but there are some "Mariachis" at my neighbor's house and with all their loud music they don't let me focus on anything. I can't hear my own thoughts! :angry: They are starting to drive me crazy!!! :woot:
So sorry, however if you review , I may make an efford and post more later today. :smiley:

This is my pm list so far . If you want to be added or removed or if you didn't received a pm or received one that you didn't ask for please let me know. :D

marie
boyscout7
amisha
aliasgirlie
alias79
pennstatechic
ny1042
krzykty57789
alias_luver
alias fan Gillian
nancy o
jgmvlover
aliascazUK

What are you talking about? Boring? Nah.. It was great! I loved it! I loved how Syd had those memories. Thanks for the PM! I can't wait for more.

I am so glad you are still liking it. I'll try to finish chapter 3 for tomorrow :D
First day of school tomorrow, that sucks. But I am sure it will be boring , so I'll write more during classes.
Wellcome to the new readers!!!!! I'll add you to my pm list.
Oh! and Vaughn is showing up pretty soon.

this was great i loved the part of the flashbacks!

thanks a lot fo the pm i want to be on the list please! completly forgot to ask the other time :rolleyes:

more soon please
beijinhos
anya

I liked this chapter. At least I guess she's NOT getting married on OCT 1st. At least not to Brian! I can imagine not being able to think with the music from the neighbors. Update when you can.
Thanks for the PM

I am so happy that she is not marrying Brain on October 1st. Now I would love it if she got back with Vaughn ;) Wouldn't we all. You really are an amazing writer. Great job. Can't wait to read your S/V fluff. Thanks for the pm, and please hurry with more. It's excellent! (y)

Love ya,

Penny :angelic: