What Happens in Vegas...

Chapter 7
By the time Sydney arrived back at her hotel room she was livid and seriously regretting her decision to tag along on the trip to Vegas. Mostly, she was furious with Michael for succumbing to the peer pressure from his idiot friends. She could not believe he was being so stupid. Usually when his friends (typically Andrew) came up with harebrained schemes Michael ignored them or at least did not participate. This was…well, this was flat out ridiculous!

“Syd c’mon its not that big of a deal,” Michael groaned when he walked into the room about a minute behind her.

“NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL?!” she shouted. “Michael, you just volunteered me to get married to you! Have you lost your freakin’ mind?!”

“No,” he said unconvincingly. “C’mon Syd I don’t wanna lose all that money. Do you know how much their bar tab is gonna be?! Probably like a thousand bucks!”

“Then you shouldn’t have agreed to this stupid bet in the first place!” she hissed. “God! What is the matter with you?!”

“Syd, seriously, you’re blowing this way out of proportion,” Michael said calmly. “I mean, its not like it’s a big deal. Weddings in Vegas don’t really mean anything.”

“What are you? Phoebe from Friends?? Vegas weddings are real weddings!! They result in actual marriages not matter how drunk or sober you are!” Sydney insisted.

Michael growled slightly. “I know that! I simply meant they can easily be undone – you can get them annulled two days later. Just look at Britney Spears; she did it.”

“Oh, yeah, that’s really a person you want to be using an analogy right now Michael,” Sydney snapped. “Me and Britney – we’re practically twins!”

“That’s not what I meant! Besides, think of it this way if we get married you probably won’t have to listen to Jas tease you all week for being Sandra Dee,” he rationalized, trying a different angle to convince her.

“I, unlike you apparently, do not fall subject to teasing and peer pressure, Michael.”

“Oh so you like it when they ridicule you then?”

“Of course not,” she sighed. “But I don’t hate it enough to get married – which is a big deal!”

“Seriously I think you’re making too big a deal out of this. I mean, god, its something fun – something spontaneous. Who knows, a few years down the road you might even look back at it and laugh,” Michael told her.

Sydney shook her head at him still in disbelief he was pressing the issue. Sighing, she sat down on the edge of the bed, her back to him. “You wanna know why I really don’t want to do this? The truth?” she asked softly, not sure if she was quite ready to admit the next words out of her mouth.

“That would be nice, yeah,” Michael said, mirroring her soft tone as he sat beside her very gently.

“Well it’s silly really…god, I mean, I’m such an idiot,” she laughed softly, covering her face with her hands. “But the truth is that I’ve had this…this crush on you for a while. I mean, it was just this little schoolgirl crush I had…at least it was back in high school and it’s just kinda gotten worse and…ridiculous over the years but…but I love you and that’s why I can’t marry you…if that makes sense,” she laughed slightly as she turned away from him, knowing her face was turning eight shades of red.

“Oh Syd, I love you too,” Michael sighed, putting a gentle hand on her back.

“No, Michael no,” she said, standing up and moving away from him. “I don’t just as a friend love you – I love you.”

“Yeah I know I love you too,” Michael repeated.

At this information, Sydney’s throat went entirely dry, her heart began pounding, and she was convinced she had stopped breathing. After staring blankly at Michael for a full minute, she managed to croak out, “What?”

“I love you, Syd,” he repeated.

“Are you just saying that so I’ll marry you?!!” she exclaimed with horror.

“NO! No of course not…I’m not that stupid,” he laughed.

“So…,” she said very slowly as she sat down on the bed once more. “You have… romantic feelings…for me?” Michael nodded his head. “I thought you always thought of me as your sister!” she insisted, squeaking slightly.

He couldn’t help but laugh. “No…well, maybe I did a little bit when we were younger, but I’m well aware you’re not a blood relative.”

Still staring at him wide-eyed, Sydney could not believe what she was hearing. “But I don’t understand…why didn’t you ever…”

“Ask you out?” he continued her thought. She nodded. “Oh I dunno Syd,” he groaned. “I guess…I guess I didn’t think you’d say yes. Keep in mind, I didn’t actually realize I loved you until recently. Actually, it was while you were dating that Bio major guy who always looked like he had waxed paper covering his front teeth,” Michael laughed softly. “Plus, I didn’t want to mess up our friendship.”

“And you think marriage is the way to do that,” Sydney said dryly.

“I told you its not a real marriage!” he laughed. “Oh c’mon Syd, doesn’t a little tiny part of you want to know what it’d be like if we got married? Just think how much our moms will freak!”

“That is true…,” Sydney laughed at the mental image of her mother’s eyes bugging straight out right before they rolled back into her head. She glanced over at Michael and saw him grinning at her enticingly; she bit her lip. On one had, every logical part of her body was screaming, “NO!” Yet, on the other hand, she never did anything spontaneous, and this certainly was spontaneous… “Okay,” she agreed finally. “Let’s do it.”

“Serious?!”

“Serious. But if anything goes wrong I’m blaming you completely,” she told him sternly.

“Deal,” he laughed softly. Then, to seal their agreement, he leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss onto her lips.

Sydney pulled back, surprised. “That was…different.”

“Bad different?”

She shook her head. “Nope, just different.”

“Oh ok good,” he laughed softly. Then, he leaned in and gave her another, slightly longer kiss. “C’mon. Let’s go tell Andrew he’s gonna have to pay his own bar tab.”

“Okay,” she agreed with a laugh.

Well I didn't think that was going to happen... but of course I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They love each other :love:

I wonder what Andrew is going to say since he lost all his money now :rolleyes: serves them just right for being a**es

:cool:

On the one hand I'm glad they got their feelings out...
on the other hand I totally wasn't expecting it that soon.
And actually Andrew said get married in Vegas...he never said it had to be legal :rolleyes:
they could have just had someone say the words, but where is the fun in that...
Hopefully they will get married and one preferably both will not want an annullment or better yet
they can't get and annullment.

On the one hand I'm glad they got their feelings out...
on the other hand I totally wasn't expecting it that soon.
And actually Andrew said get married in Vegas...he never said it had to be legal :rolleyes:
they could have just had someone say the words, but where is the fun in that...
Hopefully they will get married and one preferably both will not want an annullment or better yet
they can't get and annullment.

urgh... the annullment :rolleyes: that will only remind Janet of FRIENDS again and then SV will end up in divorce... and cookie sure doesn't want them to divorce! SV never divorce :angry:

Janet,

Loved this fic. I just found it today. I am sorry to hear that you wll not be posting anymore fics next year. I hope that your novel gets published. You will have to let us know. Are you sending out pms.

Kim
texasalias

wow totally unexpected but I'm curious to see how this will turn out.........I mean we all know that Jas is going to go wild about it and then go on and on about how they have to sleep together now......which I'm sure they wouldn't mind! haha can't wait for more! loving it!

Chapter 8
“You’re kidding! You’re actually going to do it?!” Andrew asked in utter shock when Sydney and Michael delivered their news.

“Yep,” Michael smiled.

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” Jas muttered.

“Well believe it because we’re doing it… we just have to figure out how,” he laughed slightly.

“Oh its easy. You just go to the courthouse, fill out an application, and they give you a marriage license. Then you just gotta find one of those chapels that will do it for you,” Steve said simply. Everyone looked at him as though he was insane. “What?” he said innocently. “I looked it up before we got here…”

“Why?” Tammy asked her boyfriend dangerously. “You getting any bright ideas?”

“No,” Steve croaked quietly, shrinking back in his lounge chair.

“Okay, okay,” Michael glanced down at his watch. “It’s just after two…how about we call around to wedding chapels and find an appointment for five o’clock? That’ll give us plenty of time to get to the courthouse and back.”

“What are you gonna wear? Your bikini?” Jas asked Sydney with a laugh.

“No, I have a white sundress,” she said simply. Then Jas made a comment connecting Sydney’s white dress to her virginity, but Sydney ignored it.

“Okay while you’re gone we’ll work on getting your gifts organized,” Andrew said.

“Gifts?!” Everyone else asked with shock.

“Yeah we gotta get ‘em something to open. We’ll meet back upstairs at four thirty,” he told them. They all agreed to this and then split up; they had a very short amount of time to accomplish all the tasks they wanted.

As Sydney showered, Michael called around to various wedding chapels he found in the phone book. As it turned out, the hotel right beside theirs had a wedding chapel. After calling them, Michael found out they had an available timeslot at five fifteen, so he booked it.

After Michael showered and dressed, he and Sydney made their way down to the front of the hotel to find a cab to take them to the courthouse. There, many other couples were waiting to get marriage licenses. The couple’s appearances ranged from very young couples like themselves, to an older couple who appeared to be over seventy years of age. Also, they ranged from looking slightly intoxicated to the one couple who had apparently decided to elope just a month before the wedding they planned, or so Sydney found out from overhearing a conversation going on between them.

When finally it was Sydney and Michael’s turn, they handed over the fifty-five dollars required for the marriage license and received the proper forms to fill out. Within just minutes, they officially obtained the necessarily legal documents to get married.

“I can’t believe this… its kind of exciting, though, right?” Michael asked as they left the courthouse, marriage license in hand.

“Yeah it is,” Sydney smiled up at him.

Back at their hotel room, Steve, Tammy, Andrew, and Jas had, terrifyingly, assembled all the things they felt were necessary for the wedding. In addition to the bouquet of flowers Sydney did not even want to know where they stole from, they had various “gifts” wrapped in paper bags for Sydney and Michael.

“Here this one’s Sydney’s,” Jas smiled, holding out one of the bags. Sydney took it with extreme caution and dumped the contents onto the bed. Inside she found a white garter, a pair of edible underwear, and some lip gloss.

“Thanks…guys…,” Sydney said, not knowing what else to say about her present; the only thing she would be using was the lip gloss.

Next, it was Michael’s turn. Inside his bag was a box of condoms, a flyer advertisement for a stripper, and something Sydney could not distinguish (but she was fairly sure she didn’t want to anyway). “This is…certainly interesting guys,” Michael laughed softly.

“Well we tried,” Andrew smiled.

“Uh huh…so I guess we should be going soon – make sure you guys bring your money,” Michael reminded them.

“What?! Why do we need money?!” Jas demanded.

“Well I figure this bet serves as entertainment for all of us and the wedding is going to cost a hundred and twenty dollars – that’s twenty each,” Michael smiled. Everyone grumbled at this, but agreed to pay since it was just twenty dollars and it was going to be entertaining.

As the group of six walked from their hotel over to the one next door, laughing and chatting about the upcoming nuptials Sydney felt just fine – excited even. It was only when she caught sight of the entrance to the chapel did she have an attack of conscience. “Michael, um, can we talk a minute?” she asked nervously, pulling him away from the group.

“What is it?” he asked, concerned.

“Well its just… are we doing the right thing here? I mean this is nuts!”

“Well…you can back out if you want to,” Michael said. He did not sound hurt, he was merely stating fact.

Feeling slightly guilty anyway, Sydney sighed. “It’s not that I just… I’m concerned about…tonight,” she whispered, her mind’s eye flashing back to the gifts given to them moments earlier.

“Tonight?” Michael repeated, obviously confused.

“Well technically we’re going to be married and I was wondering if you wanted to…”

“OH,” he laughed, finally realizing what she was getting at. “Well I hadn’t really thought of it that way… I mean, that’s not why I wanted to get married – so we can have sex. It’s up to you I guess…if you wanna, I mean. It’s not like it’ll be your first time, right?” he laughed. Sydney said nothing while her face turned a soft shade of pink. Michael’s jaw dropped. “Oh my god you’re a-”

“MICHAEL!” she hissed, clamping her hand over his mouth. “I don’t want them to hear you!”

“But you really are?! Wow…”

“I already get enough teasing from them, thank you very much; I don’t need it from you,” Sydney said, rather annoyed. Teasing of any kind from Michael would hurt a thousand times more than it did from his cronies and she never, ever wanted that to happen.

“No, no Sydney I wasn’t teasing; I would never. I was just… surprised I guess. I mean, you’re twenty-two and all…”

“Yeah, yeah I know,” she sighed. “I was just…waiting for the right person.”

“Well good for you,” Michael smiled at her. “Listen tonight… just forget about it okay? No pressure; nothing. We’ll just…watch a movie, how does that sound?”

“Sounds great,” she smiled.

“Great, then let’s get married,” he said. Sydney nodded with a laugh, took his hand, and then walked with him back to the rest of their group.

hey!~!
wat up?
reviewing part one:
“Syd c’mon its not that big of a deal,” Michael groaned when he walked into the room about a minute behind her.

“NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL?!” she shouted. “Michael, you just volunteered me to get married to you! Have you lost your freakin’ mind?!”
yer are ya?

“No,” he said unconvincingly. “C’mon Syd I don’t wanna lose all that money. Do you know how much their bar tab is gonna be?! Probably like a thousand bucks!”
are u sure?
you know syd he has a point there losing money aint a cool thing!

“Oh, yeah, that’s really a person you want to be using an analogy right now Michael,” Sydney snapped. “Me and Britney – we’re practically twins!”
ok let me get this off me chest:
YOU ARE NOTHIN LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!

Sighing, she sat down on the edge of the bed, her back to him. “You wanna know why I really don’t want to do this? The truth?” she asked softly, not sure if she was quite ready to admit the next words out of her mouth.

“That would be nice, yeah,” Michael said, mirroring her soft tone as he sat beside her very gently.

“Well it’s silly really…god, I mean, I’m such an idiot,” she laughed softly, covering her face with her hands. “But the truth is that I’ve had this…this crush on you for a while. I mean, it was just this little schoolgirl crush I had…at least it was back in high school and it’s just kinda gotten worse and…ridiculous over the years but…but I love you and that’s why I can’t marry you…if that makes sense,” she laughed slightly as she turned away from him, knowing her face was turning eight shades of red.
awww you go girl!

“No, Michael no,” she said, standing up and moving away from him. “I don’t just as a friend love you – I love you.”

:love: aww and us Sydney and Vaughn fans love ya both too! :P

hey!~!
wat up?
reviewing part one:

yer are ya?

are u sure?
you know syd he has a point there losing money aint a cool thing!

ok let me get this off me chest:
YOU ARE NOTHIN LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!

Sighing, she sat down on the edge of the bed, her back to him. “You wanna know why I really don’t want to do this? The truth?” she asked softly, not sure if she was quite ready to admit the next words out of her mouth.

awww you go girl!

:love: aww and us Sydney and Vaughn fans love ya both too! :P

sorry my computer went nuts then :blush:

“No, no Sydney I wasn’t teasing; I would never. I was just… surprised I guess. I mean, you’re twenty-two and all…”

“Yeah, yeah I know,” she sighed. “I was just…waiting for the right person.”

“Well good for you,” Michael smiled at her. “Listen tonight… just forget about it okay? No pressure; nothing. We’ll just…watch a movie, how does that sound?”

“Sounds great,” she smiled.

“Great, then let’s get married,” he said. Sydney nodded with a laugh, took his hand, and then walked with him back to the rest of their group.

:love: I so love it.... I'm glad Michael is not laughing in her face like the others do 'cause there's nothing wrong with waiting for the right guy :blush: (especially if that one happens to be Vaughn :rolleyes: )

Anyway... I like when he said, let's get married, it kinda sounds very casual, like let's go to the movies :lol:

I agree Michael is really casual about all of this. I bet Syd will be thinking, or might already be, that Vaughn is that right guy.
Great update

wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww I can't believe they're actually doing this.......yep.....their mothers will die from heartattacks when they hear the news.......this just reminds me of the cingular commercial where the daughter calls to tell her mom that she's in las vegas with her friend and then the mom goes "well just don't go and do something stupid like get married ok jen?" and it drops the call and she goes "JEN? You're not getting married are you? Don't make the same mistake I did!" LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL! Can't wait for the actual "wedding" if you even want to call it that

Back