What past if any MMO's have you played?

F

frostydf2

Well the title asks the question, but I'll re-state it again. What MMORPG did you breed from? For me, I've only been playing MMORGP's for about 2 and a half years.

I started with FFXI, moved onto Lineage 2, from there it was chaos. Guild Wars, WoW, EQ2, EVE-Online, Matrix Online, and so many others! What about you? Where did you spawn from?

I played Daoc (3 years), Guild Wars, EQ, WoW (almost a year), and cant wait to play HJ!!! all together Ive been playing MMORPGs forever and i CANT STOP! :D

I started out playing MUDs in the early 90's.
I played the original EQ, When it was still everquest instead of expansionquest.
I've played Earth&Beyond, City of Heros, WoW, Ragnarok Online, and guildwars.

I've toyed around with, but wouldn't really say *played*(used the 14 day trial, messed around on them in their beta stages, etc) DAoC, EVE online, Rising Force Online, wurms, DDO

And of course I've played GS3 and DR

Hello,

I pretty much started out later then some of the folks out there. I have a very heavy background in FPS games. I played Quake and moved over to a little game call Unreal Tournament. I had a friend of mine at work talk me into playing DAOC with him. So that is where I got my start. I played a Paladin for over a year there. Gotto twist those chants! ;).

I then moved over to AC2 and played that game til i was the only one left in the Guild I was with still playing. I guess you can say I ended up being the Captain that went down with the ship.

I then joined a Guild called The Mistwalkers and joined them in a game called Horizons. That lasted about 6 months or so.

I then played CoH with a small group of friends I made through The Mistwalkers mainly to kill time. We acually ended up having a good time there.

I am currently playing WoW right now. I have gone through a Guild break up and am now playing with my Sons and some real life friends on Alleria.

I have also played SWG on and off over the last couple of years.

I am also a Beta Test Junkie, so I have also Beta tested most of the other's out there. :smiley:

I have a group of refugees from The Mistwalkers that came over with me to form Tagnik'Zur. They are waiting and looking foward to Hero's Journey.

Thekk

I have been playing MMO's for about 4-5 years now, maybe longer.
In grade school, one of my brothers friends showed him Runescape, which I then
got into and played for about 2 years. I then found Ragnarok Online while
looking for a new game. After that I proceeded to play Star Wars Galaxies for a short
period of time followed by over a year of playing Lineage 2. Played EQ2, Eve-Online,
FungWanOnline, RYL and a lot more I can't recall.

Currently I am playing Ragnarok Online, anxiously waiting for HJ.

I have been playing MMO's off and on for a bit now the mains ones being, CoH, EVE online, Ragnarok online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, SWG, WoW, Ryl, Everquest 2 and Saga of Ryzom.

EQ
DAoC
Asheron's Call 2
Planet Side
SWG
FFXI
Lineage 1/2
WoW
EQ2
Guildwars

Those are in order over the course of about 4 or 5 years. I've also done a few beta tests and played countless free/low-budget eastern games.

The first MMO I played was RuneScape, then a few years later I played RYL, Lineage2 (and few Private Servers), Guild Wars, Ragnarok Online (and a private server), then W.o.W. Now I'm waiting for HJ to come out, but I need a game to pass some time.

yeah im still playing WoW. but im starting to lose that 'hype' for WoW a lil more every day. just grinding the same instances over and over just so my characture can be as good as others in my class is really boring and hectic and its driving me crazy. and the fact that if i quit playing for a few days then my ranking will drop and i have been working so hard to get it up and if i quit for a few weeks to take a break then it would drop dramatically and would take months to get back up which really sucks.

Ocius aka Kip has pretty much played everything from what I understand. Easy to fall into the hype, but good thing he fell into this one ;) Or i'd have to slap you!

Heh, yeah i have played a lot of games... some i wouldnt even call games at this point. I fell in love with HJ the moment i saw it, so im hoping for the best.

I have the feeling that i normally get when i see a game im going to like. Lets just hope about 3 weeks into it im not hating its guts like i was with Eq2.

Let's see...the first MMO I played was Ultima Online, played for a short while when it was still new, hated getting PKed, and I was new to the genre, so I quit. Played Diablo 2 for a long time, if you can consider it an MMO...obviously not much role playing involved. From there I played DAOC for about a month or two, it didn't really jive with me, so I left. Star Wars Galaxies was next, when that game first came out, it was awesome...I think we all know where that went. Betaed Planet Side and DDO, didn't play Planet Side, not going to play DDO. Played WoW from when it came out till about September, so almost a year. I got sick of grinding, and the same quests, in different areas, with different critters, the only thing that made me stick around was an awesome guild.

I'm eagerly awaiting HJ and I will probably give Vanguard a try to see if it's any good, while I wait for HJ...

I was a multiplayer gamer for a number of years before i found MMORPG's

I had heard of EQ and ultima online but the thought of paying a subscription to play a game shocked me at first. After playing some free Korean ones(slayersnet) and that was discontinued I decided I would play a brand new one.
At this time SWG was about to be released. So i bought it and played it, I was on there from when i got home from work all the way up to bed time(and sometimes all night)
I played that until WoW was released in europe. Quite a good time to switch because SWG had just got really bad with the jedi grind by then.

I played wow for a year and have now gotten bored of it, the only thing left to do is spend hours and hours in a 40 man raid going through BWL and MC.

So i looked for a promising new game and found HJ :D

In terms of betas, Ive played guild wars, EQ2, Auto assault, DnD online and matrix online. I was dissapointed at how bad matrix online was.

Hopefully HJ will blow all these MMORPG's away.

Well, I belive it will :smiley: I don't think any of us would be here unless we truely believed that HJ will blow the competition away, and have an amazing time playing it.

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 2 2006, 08:33 PM

Well, I belive it will :smiley: I don't think any of us would be here unless we truely believed that HJ will blow the competition away, and have an amazing time playing it.
I have to agree. I think this game is gonna blow all MMO's away. A couple hours just to create a character pretty much foreshadow's the greatness this game is going to bring. But hey thats just me. :D