What past if any MMO's have you played?

HJ-Phyxsius said:
Asheron's Call is one of my top 3 favorite games of all time and I would have to say that Hero's Journey is getting closer and closer to taking that position.

Scary.. I wounder whats keeping HJ from taking pole-position..?
All i´ve read about HJ makes it one of the most interesting things so far (if everything makes it to release and works ingame, that is)
To me AC was a middle rate game.. :/

I played DragonRealms for 8+ years. I was there for day one of EverQuest.. then onto Asherons Call (& beta), AC2 (& beta), Dark Age of Camelot (Alb-Percival), Final Fantasy XI, Star Wars Galaxies, GuildWars (& beta), EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, Archlord Beta, Rappelz...

I've played Dark Ages of Camelot, Horizons, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Irth, Dragon Realms, World of WarCraft, and now currently looking into Guild Wars.

UO, EQ1, EQ2, SWG from Beta 1, EvE, City of Heroes, WoW, Matrix Online, DDO... I think they're the biggies.

I played Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, and WoW.

Quit my first EQ character around the time DAoC came out, was head of a big Hibernian alliance on the Pellinor server, and now I lurk around every now and then (i.e. full time raiding) in WoW on the Hakkar server.

Oh geez..let's see.

Gemstone (from back in the GEnie days), DR, H&Z, EQ1, EQ2 (beta tested), AC1 (beta tested), AC2, DoAC, Horizons, SWG, WoW, Eve, Entropia Universe, D&D Online.

Of course, I am luckier than most guys....my wife games more than I do. So I never get any flack if I waste a weekend gaming instead of doing yard work.

Oops, forgot Anarchy Online

Oh geez..let's see.

Gemstone (from back in the GEnie days),

What were some of your character names in GS3? Mine was Seiv and I played a rogue and a member of House Brigatta. That was 1995 through about 1998. I was one of the early dreaded AOLer's that the GEnie folks were at first not to fond of :smiley:. Although you guys got Tuesday night after 9:00 pm PST all to yourselves when AOL shut off the portal for maintenance.
GS3 was my all time favorite game.
Anyways I moved onto..
DR
Herc and Xena for a bit <didn't like that one so much>
UO
EQ
AO
AC
Planetside
SWG <it's dead Jim!>
EQ2
WOW
Eve
Really waiting for HJ!!

Seiv

Back in the earliest days...hmm, must have been early to mid 90's....I had a bard named Llorrien.....was House Chairman of Aspis for a while.

Left for a while then came back as the rodent incarnate Llillith, in Plat.

I'm new to MMOs, but have been playing pen and paper games and single-player rpgs for years upon years.

-Dabbled with ROSE Online (before it became P2P) just to see what an MMO was like without having to pay.
-WoW

And, just for interest,Pen and Paper games I've played/GM'ed:
-Exalted
-Vampire: the Masquerade
-Vampire: Dark Ages
-Fireborn
-BESM
-Synthesis (my game, which is still in development and contains the sum total of most of my hopes and aspirations as a writer)

Well my first mmo was Lineage 2 then i played guild wars, then lineage 2 again then GW... then Final Fantasy XI then lineage 2 then Saga of ryzom and last but not least Lineage 2, my sister always drags me back to lineage 2 :P .

I don't play any mmo's at the moment though and have high hopes for Hero's Journey :smiley: .

Gemstone III and IV Loved the magic when I first played that game. Left it for 5 years and came back. Felt like a comfortable old pair of sneakers. Hoping that I can get that feeling again.

I guess i've played a bit but not to much for 14 yrs...
DAoC(from 2nd yr to sometime into WoW)
FFXI(For 1/2 yr BAD GAME)
WoW(Current game iuntil WAR and HJ)

Not been playin that long but since DAoC, in my opinion, is the best game ever i guess ive developed some opinions and biases

Haven't been playing MMOs too long as I didn't have access to a machine with a good internet connection until a few years ago. Tried a few games at the start DAOC, Neocron, EVE, Planetside, before settling on SWG for a long time, mostly playing on their Test Server. Tried plently of games other games Lineage 2, Guild Wars, CoH, CoV, Matrix Online, Saga of Ryzom, Auto Assault, Horizons, RF Online, mostly just betas and trials. Mostly play EQ2 these days although I played WoW for about 8 months. I use the Station Access pass thing so I have a bunch on games on my account even if I don't play them much.

Kinda the same as Orbs here, I didn't have a good video card until a few months after SWG launched and then it blew up a year or so after that. I've beta tested Ragnarok Online and Guild Wars, only played Guild Wars for two weeks or so after it went live since there wasn't anything other than PvP after you complete the story and PvP doesn't appeal to me at all. I then switched to EQII when TCO's SWG group began to dwindle (just after the NGE) and played that until just recently. I am now dabbling into free-to-play MMOs and after my holiday season will be jumping into FF XI with blur. Will probably play that until I get bored and go back to EQII/SWG or will continue it until HJ goes live. So roughly that adds up to a year of RO, a few months of GW, 3 years of SWG, 1.5 years of EQII and well that's all I got :P

Well lets see there are alot:
Everquest
Everquest 2
Star Wars Galaxies
FFXI
SUN (Korean Version)
Planetside
Guild Wars
City of Villains
RF Online
Lineage 2
Shadowbane