When Two Path's Collide

Hello everyone! :smiley:
Ok, so I first posted the first chapter of this story like 10000 days ago, and then I never got the chance to work on it. So....i wrote the next chapter for this and i will try my best to keep up with working on it, but life is busy as im sure you all know. anyways, here it is ..... (i reposted the first chapter again too).

When Two Path's Collide

Chapter One

Sydney sighed to herself as she was greeted by sunshine as she walked out of the chemistry building. Looking at her watch, she decided that she had enough time to return to her dorm, change into her running clothes, and go for a run.

“Hey” Sydney was greeted by her roommate as she entered her room and threw her back pack on her bed.
“Hi Francie” she replied
“How was chemistry?”
Sydney began to search through her draws, while simultaneously making a mental note that she needs to do laundry.
“Hello? Earth to Syd!”
Sydney snapped back to reality “oh I’m sorry Fran, what did you say?”
“Are you alright Syd?”
“Yea I’m fine, just got a lot on my mind right now.”
“You want to talk about it?”
“No, thanks, I’ll be fine.” With that she flashed Francie a fake smile, and grabbed her running clothes, and sneakers.
“I’m going for a run…I’ll be back later.”
“Ok, Syd you’re a running freak you know that?”
“Haha yea I know Fran.”

Fifteen minutes later Sydney was running down the road that led off campus. Students were walking to and from classes. It was a beautiful spring day, and only two weeks until spring break. She was particularly looking forward to this spring break, after being away at school and not seeing her home for more than eight weeks. Even though she was nineteen years old, she still disliked being away from home for a long time.

Two miles into her run, she passed an entrance to a trail that she had never noticed before. It was still bright out, and she felt adventurous, so she turned and decided to see where it would lead her. She sighed again to herself as she revisited her day in her mind.
“Dammit” she said aloud as she thought of the chemistry test that she had received back earlier that day.
Running always seemed an escape route for Sydney, a way to clear her head and gather her thoughts, and to just relax. But today, she was unusually upset.
“nothing ever goes right for me…ever!” shouted Sydney as she continued to run through the woods.
As the trail became narrow, and more roots and obstacles appeared to be growing out of the ground below her she was forced to run while staring at the ground instead of looking ahead. Trying very carefully not to fall, she continued on. Finally deciding that she didn’t want to be on this path anymore, she speed up, hoping to reach the end sooner. When all of a sudden she crashed into something, or someone that was running the opposite way on the narrow path. The collision caused both of them to fall.
“wooow, of my gosh I’m so sorry!” exclaimed Sydney as she attempted to get up off the ground.
“No, I’m sorry, I should have been watching where I was going more carefully.”
Sydney looked up and saw a boy about her age, about six feet tall, with light brown hair, and the most amazing green eyes she had ever seen extending a hand to help her stand up.
“Thanks” Sydney said
“My names Michael” said the boy
“Hi Michael, it’s nice to meet you…and sorry again about the whole collision thing.”
“Haha don’t worry about it, wait I didn’t catch your name.”
“Sydney.”
“oh, nice to meet you Sydney.” he replied
Sydney looked down at her hand, and it was still being protectively held by Michael. Michael saw her glance down and realized that he was still holding onto her hand. Embarrassed he quickly let go.
“Sorry” he said, his face turning slightly red.
“It’s alright” replied Sydney, silently wishing that he hadn’t let go.
“So do you run here regularly?” Michael asked
“No, actually I’ve never been done this path before, I was kind of just winging it.” She smiled at him.
Michael noticed her smile, and couldn‘t help but think how beautiful it was, or how beautiful she was, even if she was sweaty and in running clothes. “Oh I see, well I run down here all the time, I know the path really well, I could show you the way back if you want.”
“Yea that would be great.”
They both smiled at each other, as Michael led Sydney back to the campus.

Twenty minutes later they found themselves at the beginning of the path.
“Well here we are” Michael said
“thanks again Michael.”
“No problem, hey I think you might be in my chemistry lecture. Do you have Professor Frank?”
“Yea I do actually, I’ve never seen you there before”
“Yea I always sit in the back” replied Michael “That class is a waste of my time, its way too easy.”
“Too easy?”
“well, yea for me it is.”
“Oh, I’m kind of struggling in that class actually.” Sydney replied
“Well hey maybe I can help you, we could get together some night to review if you want.”
“Wow that’s really nice of you, I’d love too…I mean I can really use the help.” Sydney said trying not to sound to excited. After all It wasn’t every day that a gorgeous boy asked to hang out with her, even if it was just to study.

“Great, how about this Thursday? My place?” asked Michael
“that fine with me.”
“ok well then I’m glad of all the people to bump into I bumped into you.”
“me too.”
Their eyes locked for more than a few seconds as she looked deep into his green eyes. Suddenly she realized she was staring…”um ok then, I’ll meet you after lecture on Thursday, thanks again Michael.”
“ok, see you then.” Michael replied as he watched her jog back towards her dorm, secretly wishing that it was Thursday already.

Sydney couldn’t believe how quickly her day had turned around, she met a beautiful and most importantly nice guy, and she was going to hopefully get some help with her class, its was certainly a double bonus.

“Hey!” Sydney cheerfully greeted Francie as she returned to her room.
“Hey, wow you seem happier, running really is your nirvana huh?”
“Yea I guess, that, and I kinda met this guy”
“What! Oh my god Syd, spill now!”
“Well I was running down this path I wasn’t familiar with, and I literally bumped into him coming the other way.”
“So, what’s his name? What’s he like? Is he nice? Are you going to see him again?!”
“wow Fran your more excited than I am”
“you know I thrive off of this kind of stuff.”
“Well, his name is Michael, and he is so nice, and unbelievably cute”
“Hot cute or baby cute?”
“Hot cute! And I’m seeing him on Thursday”
“Go Syd! that’s like two days from now”
“well its not exactly a hott date, he’s going to tutor me in chemistry.”
“Uh huh that’s what they all say.”
“I have to admit I wouldn’t mind if we were to do something else though.”
“ok who are you and what have you done to Sydney Bristow?”
“Fran im being serious, I really like him already…I mean like really, really like him.”
“I’m so happy for you Syd, now I’m excited for this little get together too! You know I want details!”
“of course. But there is one other thing, I don’t know what to wear, what do I say? Oh my god, how should I act? Should I be flirty or…oh no what have I gotten myself into!?!” Sydney was starting to freak out, she had never really been alone with a boy in his room before, even if it was just to study.

Chapter Two

Beep….Beep….Beep….Beep

Sydney rolled over and hit her alarm clock. Sighing she slowly rolled out of bed and over to her closet to find some clothes to wear. After showering and getting dressed, one thing suddenly occurred to her, it was Thursday, the day she was to meet with Michael after class. Sadly, it was only 7:30 in the morning, and her chemistry lecture wasn’t until 3:00 , and she still had three classes before chemistry.

Finally 3:00 rolled around, and Sydney couldn’t remember a time when she felt this nervous, or this excited to go to class. Walking into the chemistry building, she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

“Sydney….hey Syd!” Michael had spotted her walking in and was trying to get her attention. “Syd, over here.” he said while gesturing her to come sit next to him.

“Hi Michael! How are you?” Sydney loved that he called her Syd
“Not too bad, yourself?” he responded while trying to take in how good she looked, even if she was just in jeans and a nice shirt.
“I’m good, hopefully I can understand what the professor is going to talk about today.”
“Don’t worry, that’s what I’m here for” he smiled.
God how she loved his smile, and smiled warmly in return
“My chemistry guardian angel.”
“That’s me” he responded just as the professor walked in and proceeded to begin lecture. Sydney sat back in her seat next to Michael, and had a feeling that she was going to enjoy this specific class.

An hour later, Michael and Sydney were walking out of lecture together. Michael held the door for her as they exited the building.
“Thanks” she smiled at him again. She just couldn’t wipe a smile off her face
“your welcome. So, are you ready for a hard core chemistry tutoring session?”
“Bring it on.” she said
Michael put his hand slightly on her back and lead her down the road towards his dorm.

The short walk back to his room was silent for the most part, both slightly nervous that they were going to be alone with one another in just a few minutes.

“So, this is it.” Michael said as he opened the door to his room and walked in. His room was about the same size as the one that Sydney shares with Francie, and surprisingly, was almost as neat as hers.
“Wow, its really clean in here.”
Michael laughed, “well what were you expecting?”
“I don’t know, its just every time I walk by the boys floor in by building I practically have to hold my breath from the smell.”
“Oh, well then I guess it’s a good thing I cleaned up, I wouldn’t want to scare you away.”
“Don’t worry Mr.Vaughn, you wont get rid of me that easily.” she said giving him a flirty smile.
What am I doing? Sydney thought to herself. Focus! I’m only here to get some extra help with my homework.
“Good” Michael said as he motioned for them to sit on his small futon. “So, where do you want to start?” he said while leaning slightly over her to reach for his notes.
“Umm.. ah..” Sydney seemed slightly distracted by their close proximity, and mentally slapped herself for stuttering. “How about with todays lecture, and heats of combustion?” she finally managed to spit out
“ok. Cool.”, “So pretty much, you have Ernst’s equation right here that can be applied to this particular situation.”
“oh, ok”
“Here, try to do this problem, that way I’ll get to see how you think.”
“um, alright” Sydney took her pen out and began working on the problem. A few minutes later, she looked up at Michael, handed him the paper and smiled.
“Hmm, ok, well I see what you are doing wrong. Its right here in your last step, you aren’t converting correctly.”
“Really, wow I feel stupid.” she said embarrassed by her stupid mistake
“No, no don’t feel stupid, everyone makes mistakes like this, here let me see your pen.” Michael said while reaching over to grab the pen. When he took it from her, their hands brushed slightly, and both blushed and quickly looked down at their papers.
After doing several more problems together, Sydney looked at the clock and realized that it was after 6:00.
“oh no.” she exclaimed
“what’s wrong?” Michael worriedly asked
“its after six, I told my roommate that I would meet her for dinner at six, I’m sorry but I have to go now.”
“Oh, its okay.” Michael responded, trying to hide his disappointment. “Um, I don’t know if your busy or not this weekend, but I thought umm…ah…maybe you would like to get together….I mean to do chemistry.”
Sydney couldn’t believe what he was saying. He actually wanted to see and help her again. “Yeah, I’d like that, here’s my number” she said while writing down her down her number on his notebook. “Just give me a call when you want to meet.” she said while putting her stuff in her bag and heading towards the door.
“Okay, great.” Michel said, walking with her and opening the door. “So..ah..I guess I’ll see you this weekend then?” he said nervously
“Absolutely.” she responded while looking into his green eyes.
Clearly, both were not sure of how they should say goodbye. They stood their silent for a few seconds, when finally Michael decided to take a chance, and reached out and gave her a hug. Sydney, surprised by his sudden action, didn’t hesitate, and hugged him back. The hug lasted for longer than most friendly hugs do, but finally they both pulled away slowly.
“Thank you for all your help.” Sydney whispered just mere inches from his face
“Your very welcome.” Michael responded while leaning ever so closer to her face, never taking his eyes off of hers. Debating quickly in his mind, he finally decided to go for it, hell you only live once. He slowly closed the small gap between them and captured her lips in his in a slow sweet kiss. Sydney, although surprised did not pull back at first. However, just before the kiss started to intensify she quickly pulled back.
“I’m sorry…I …I..have to go.” and with that she quickly grabbed her bag and practically ran out the door, leaving Michael stunned at his door wondering if he just made one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

TBC...... :smiley:

Awww... Poor Michael.... She left him there stunned.... I dunno if i would have been able to walk, let alone walk away after being kissed like that!

Why, why, WHY would you go if you could stay longer? Silly Syd, Francie would understand!!

So is Eric the roomate?

I would love a PM when you update this.. Its Fabulous!!!

Update SOON!! It's really great!

Ellie

Wow this was awesome! Can I please get a PM when you update? I'm glad that he kissed her and she probably just freaked out that's why she ran.

Whats up with Sydney
She clearly likes him
She told francie that
Man, Francie would have understood if Syd was late, or missed dinner
What I want to know is why Sydney ran away
That probably upset and confused Michael too
Way to go Syd!
Can I get a PM, please?
Update again soon please

aaawwww...poor michael.. why did syd pull back??? i though she like michael, i thought she though he was cute!! b/c i do!! anywayz, update soon and pm me please!

PM LIST

prediction47
Syd Vaughn
syd26
meghanlyn85
catpin
Queen of Hearts
cupcake 55
orely18a
texasalias2004
stealthy
tunita
xxaliasluverxx
smartgirl2004
ALIAS chick
vaughnshoney
aliasfan212

There will be another update hopefully by wednesday at the latest :smiley:
I will send pm's out then.

if anyone wants to read a spoiler from the next chapter let me know....if enough people are interested then i will post a little spoiler! :D

Back