Who LOVES to RP?

I dunno, I can't really RP 2 characters together anymore without just saying I'm writing. Just cuz someone figured out I was 2 characters once in a game taking to myself and they said;
"so you're MMyankingoff? want to rp?"

I miss RP'ing here, I miss being here.

I miss thinking about HJ all the time and having it be my last thought at night.

I hate playing WoW.

I hate having my soul and my money sucked out by that game. (it is a good game though)

I hate having it be the last thought in my mind.

I want to RP here again, but it seems no one really does anymore?

I could never really get into Message board or even chat room style Role playing... I need immediate interaction... otherwise I start arguing with myself (Hence Gnarm and Gnickia)

JonDDA said:
I miss RP'ing here, I miss being here.
I miss thinking about HJ all the time and having it be my last thought at night.

You are welcome back here anytime, JonDDA. There is the MBRP, the HJ-Tavern IRC channel, RP story threads in the RP forum, and whatever else you decide to start if you do return regularly to HH. /:smiley:

Who loves to RP? What kind of question is that? The answer is so obvious...everyone! ...minus everyone who plays WoW...and EQ2...and all other graphical MMOs.

I never break character when I'm in game unless it's on an OOC channel or in private convo with people I know. Even then I keep it to a minimum. Some people get annoyed by, and I try really hard to care...but I don't. Meet Rics, and he'll be Rics...not the guy playing him.

Unless you're talking about RP in the bedroom...in which case...I don't know you well enough to share that info ;)

When HJ announces Beta, I'm going to pick up GS again. Or maybe start a new character in DR. Haven't decided yet. At any rate, I"m going to want some serious practice with roleplaying again, and I can't see it happening on any graphical MMO out there currently.

Chrisidon said:
When HJ announces Beta, I'm going to pick up GS again. Or maybe start a new character in DR. Haven't decided yet. At any rate, I"m going to want some serious practice with roleplaying again, and I can't see it happening on any graphical MMO out there currently.

It's always good to limber up the old muscles. I roleplay (or more frequently GM) p&p about every other weekend. My roleplaying skillz are limber and ready for some action. At least I have a good, stable roleplaying group at the moment- If I didn't have any roleplaying going on at all, I'd be frothing at the mouth for HJ right about now. As it is, Vampire, Exalted, and Synthesis are sustaining me.

Rics said:
Who loves to RP? What kind of question is that? The answer is so obvious...everyone! ...minus everyone who plays WoW...and EQ2...and all other graphical MMOs.

I never break character when I'm in game unless it's on an OOC channel or in private convo with people I know. Even then I keep it to a minimum. Some people get annoyed by, and I try really hard to care...but I don't. Meet Rics, and he'll be Rics...not the guy playing him.

Unless you're talking about RP in the bedroom...in which case...I don't know you well enough to share that info ;)

I play WoW, Vanguard, EQ2, DAoC, AO, Shadowbane, etc... so I don't love RP? <cries> Some of us *can* RP in WoW and other games too ya know ;)

It's not that I don't like to RP, I just never know what to say. And when I'm fighting I usually just can't think about anything else except winning.

Well I don't know of many people who RP whilst fighting. Outside of fighting, you just talk as your character would talk. Instead of saying,

"Let's go to the next town, I hear there's some missions which give phat lewt!"

You could say,

"Let's try our luck in the next town. Maybe there are some odd jobs we could pick up?"

In the end, you're saying exactly the same thing, but one is in keeping with the gameworld and RP, and the other is just... well, the result of someone playing the game and not really immersing themselves which is, funnily enough, the main reason a lot of people play RPGs...

blur said:
In the end, you're saying exactly the same thing, but one is in keeping with the gameworld and RP, and the other is just... well, the result of someone playing the game and not really immersing themselves which is, funnily enough, the main reason a lot of people play RPGs...

I think it's more that there are two kinds of immersion. In-character immersion gives you a 100% out of person experience and lets you live, breath, adventure, and socialize in a completely fantastic world as someone (potentially) completely different.
The other kind is retaining your personal priorities, social tendancies, and frame of reference while immersing yourself in a complete gaming and social environment.
I guess the question is whether you insert yourself in your character or not. Either way you can immerse in the world, one way just brings in a whole lot more of the "real" world in with you. To me that makes it a question of a hybrid immersive experience or a pure immersive experience.

Back