Will you turn off the light?

Will you turn of the lights?

• Total voters
It's a feel-good event that doesn't do much, won't change the way people think, but will let them all go "yay, I did something!"

I don't believe the Climateterrorists about CO2-Emissions and the Greenhouseeffect.
...but even if i did, i'd still say it's a silly Event.

The funny thing about it? While it's still only a fraction of our continuous global energy usage, even just an hour, if the entire world actually took part, would save a good deal of money, energy, and resources.

I think the problem is it's too infrequent. If it was a set hour each week, people might get into the habit and the effect would be 52 times greater per year as well. But once a year? It's like daylight savings time, out of sight, out of mind.

~Dune~

I think this was more an event to make a statement, not really to save resources (even thought it did). But I guess they hope people start doing this more frequent by them self..or something

but it's to late now anyway... the poll is obsolete

I usually only have one light on in the house at any given time. So this isn't an issue. The only reason is that sometimes I feel the need to look at my fingers on the keys. It is usally from being lazy and slouching too much while I play wow. Fingers start slipping to the side and I start missing keys.

Back