A Dream Within A Dream

ok so I'm really sorry about the wait guys but finally! here is the chapter!!!! and its a longer one so hopefully that makes up for it!!!!

oh and i'm gonna go hide too :hide:

Chapter 4 – Katrina (Weiss’s POV)

It had been about 45 minutes or more since Fallen’s goons had taken Nadia and Sydney and I still no one had come for Vaughn and me. Every couple of minutes Vaughn and I would exchange worried glances, neither of us knowing if and when we’d ever see our fiancés again. A part of me knows Nadia can take care of herself but a larger part of me still worries that something has happened to her. Why haven’t they brought her back? Why has no one come for us? Where did they take her? Had she escaped? If she escaped, is she going to come back for us or call base ops? This waiting game was not my style. I tried to pull on the restraints keeping me against the wall but it was no use. I needed something that could cut through them. I had to get to Nadia and make sure she was okay. If anything happened to her I don’t know what I would do. She’s my whole world, my reason for being, my everything.

I searched the room for anything, any scrap of something to use for an escape but Fallen’s men had striped of us of anything that would be useful. I also noted that this was the cleanest cell I’d ever been locked in. There didn’t seem to be a piece of dust to sneeze on even. Before I could even try to think of another way out to go after Nadia and Sydney, Vaughn looked over at me with a smug smile as he waved his free hand.

“Sydney leant me her watch.” With that he aimed the watch at his still chained hand, pressed a button, and watched a laser cut through the chain. He chuckled and muttered something that sounded like thank you Marshall before making his way over to cut my chains.

“Do you have a plan? Or are we just making this up at we go along?” I asked more out of annoyance that he hadn’t let me in on the watch sooner.

“Yup. We get out of this room, find Fallen and the girls, and get the hell out of here.” I could tell from his voice that he was just as worried about Sydney as I was about Nadia. I couldn’t believe that only hours ago Nadia and I were on a plane arguing about wedding colors and now we might never get to be married. But I shook the thoughts from my head. I couldn’t allow myself to think of Nadia as dead or wounded.

I rubbed my sore wrists from where the cuffs had dung in and allowed Vaughn to give me a hand standing up. Now what?

“How many guards do you think they have on the other side of the door?” I asked cautiously. Vaughn just shrugged.

“There’s only one way to find out, I guess.” He smiled at me as he stood beside the door. It seemed that when Sydney had left she passed on some of her odd confidence to him. I looked on in horror as he raised a hand and banged on the door. Within seconds two guards with large gun rushed in, “What the hell are yo” Vaughn leapt on the first on, spinning him around and using his gun to kill the second. Then he knocked him out and tossed me a gun.

“Nice move Rambo.” I caught the gun easily and chased after him as we ran the bright corridors searching for any sign of where the girls had been taken. Along the way we ran into a few guards, but we fought them off with ease. Finally we were standing outside Fallen’s office and could hear him shouting within.

“Call the boss!” He sounded frantic and confused. Who was he talking about? Surely he couldn’t mean Yelena. He had wanted the girls to get him in touch with Yelena, so who was his boss if it wasn’t him or Yelena? But before I could process anything else there were dozens of guards surrounding Vaughn and I. As we were surrendering our weapons an explosion was heard from with Fallen’s office and everything went black.

I was jolted awake to find myself still chained to the wall in the cell next to Vaughn. I realized I must have been dreaming as the door burst open to reveal Sydney and Nadia. Nadia ran to my side, brushed her lips against mine, and began unlocking my cuffs.

“What? What happened? Where did they take you?” I asked relieved to see that my fiancé was alive, unharmed.

“We’ll explain later,” Sydney rasped as she unlocked Vaughn and tossed us each a gun. “Let’s just get out of here before Fallen’s discovers what’s going on.” Vaughn and I glanced at each other, each wanting to know what was going on but each knowing better than to argue with the Bristows. So we followed along the corridor that was the same as the one in my dream. We ran straight past Fallen’s office, only pausing a moment to hear him in there talking to a women in Russian. Vaughn and I exchanged puzzled glances but continued on. We didn’t make it far before we were ambushed by a group of guards and gunfire shot out. We took cover behind various ugly statues as we fought off the guards.

The door to Fallen’s office flew open as Fallen and Irina emerged into the hallway. Vaughn and I froze in shock, still not comprehending what was going on.

“Irina?” We both stuttered in confused unison. But we were drawn back to the gunfight before we could approach her. What was Irina doing here, with Fallen?

Fallen was staring at Irina intently now, giving even the great Derevko woman the slight creeps.

“Ms. Derevko why does it seem that your nieces are fighting my men and freeing my prisoners?” Irina maintained a cool composure.

“Surely Mr. Fallen you aren’t so foolish as to believe that I would have any knowledge of this, would you?” She smiled coyly at him revealing nothing other then her pleasure in watching him squirm.

When I heard Fallen refer to Sydney and Nadia as her nieces I realized what should have been obvious. Sydney and Nadia contacted Irina and had her pose as Yelena! Before I could comprehend anything else a stray bullet hit Irina near her heart causing both Nadia and Sydney to blow their cover and yell out ‘MOM.’ Fallen was quick to recognize the deceit that had occurred right under his nose and pulled aimed a gun at Nadia. I froze in horror and shock for half a second before lunging myself at Nadia. I felt a bullet pierce through my skin before I landed on Nadia and everything went black.

This time when I woke up I was sitting in a hospital bed with Nadia’s head resting on my shoulder and her hand tightly gripping mine. I could tell she was asleep so I tried to stay still as I surveyed the room. There were machines beeping and I could feel a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to recall how I ended up here but the last thing I could remember was lunging at Nadia. The only thing I could figure out is that somehow we must have escaped Fallen’s mansion.

Nadia began to stir and I smiled at how adorable she looked. As she raised her head I stroked her face, placing a piece of hair behind her ear. She leaned into my touch and hummed softly before opening her eyes and smiling.

“Oh Eric, you’re awake!” Her lips crashed against mine as her arms hugged my shoulders. “I was so worried about you! They said you were lucky the bullet didn’t pierce any major organs or anything but you were unconscious for so long and you lost a lot of blood.” I couldn’t help but be in awe of the woman who was going on and on in front of me. I loved her so much and seeing that she was uninjured was all that mattered to me. I didn’t care what injuries I suffered. If I never walked again I wouldn’t care so long as she was okay.

“Shhh Nadia. Sweetie its okay. I’m alright; I’m awake in one piece. Everything is going to be okay.” I wrapped my arms around her as she buried her head in my neck.

“What were you thinking lunging at me like that? You could have been killed?”

“I was trying to protect you! I couldn’t let the most important thing in my life get hurt.” I wrapped my arms around her tighter, kissing her forehead softly. “I was so afraid when you and Sydney were taken away that I would never see you again but then you rescued us and you were okay. But when I saw Fallen train the gun on you I just didn’t know what else to do. You’re my everything Nads; I couldn’t just stand there and watch you get shot. I love you too much to ever risk losing you.”

“I can’t lose you either Eric.” She kissed me passionately before pulling away and looking deep into my eyes. “I love you Eric.”

I love you Nadia Santos Bristow.” We kissed again but we were interrupted as Vaughn and Sydney entered the room.

“Whoa! Eric can you please keep this a PG room. Geez man you’re in a hospital where there are other people trying not to die.” Sydney slapped Vaughn playfully on his arm.

“Oh shush you.” She leaned in and kissed him gently on the lips before turning back to Eric. “How you feeling big guy?”

“I’ve been better but I’ll live. I’ve got this brunette beauty to take care of me.” I smiled and kissed Nadia on the nose. Nadia giggled quietly before putting on a mock stubborn face.

“What makes you think I’m going to take care of your crippled ass?!”

“You wouldn’t want me to take care of myself and trip and kill myself would you?” I gave her the cutest puppy dog eyes ever and she couldn’t help but totally cave in.

“Aww baby you know I’ll take care of you.” She kissed me softly before pulling back again and sitting up in her chair. “That is until I have to leave for my trip to Argentina.” I pouted a little until I remembered that she had gotten an important call from some friend whose parents had died or something and she’d promised to go for the funeral. Only she had missed the funeral because of the whole apocalypse thing; so now she was just going to down to visit with the family and her friend. It was no biggie, she was only going for a couple of days.

“Oh that’s right. Well I should be outta here in a few days anyway, right?” I glanced at Syd and Vaughn for reassurance.

“Yup. The doctors actually said you could leave tomorrow. Seems they feared a food shortage or something if you stayed any longer.” Vaughn smiled at me. I knew he just loved teasing me since I was usually the wise guy.

“Hey man if eating food is what it takes to keep my strength up then that’s what I’m gonna do. Besides I didn’t eat that much the last time I was here.”

“Eric you were shot in the neck and you were eating more through a tube then most normal growing boys do during puberty!”

“Whatever man! Go six months in a coma and see how hungry you are!” Everyone just laughed at me but I was being dead serious.

“Whatever guys. So are you going to tell me what happened? You all seem to be okay. How is Irina doing?” I glanced at Syd and Nadia knowing how much their mom meant to them.

“Mom is doing alright. It turns out she was only shot in the shoulder. She’s already gone back into hiding after Dad checked her out.” Nadia smiled girlishly at the mention of Jack checking Irina out. Both Sydney and Nadia had pushed for Jack and Irina to rekindle their flame but both parties had been stubborn about not wanting to complicate an already complex situation.
“Well that’s good. I’m assuming that we’re keeping it quiet that she was there with us?”

“Yup. It seems like the best idea for now.” Everyone nodded in solemn agreement.

“What about Fallen? Did we bring him into custody?”

“Umm well not exactly…” Nadia started; to which I raised my eyebrow at her.

“Nadia here shot him in the leg after you were shot and then Irina left him behind and blew up the building. So,” Vaughn continued, “we think he died in the explosion. Needless to say he won’t be a problem anymore.” I looked at Nads who was blushing and I couldn’t resist kissing her. She was just too cute and I was so lucky to be marrying her.

“Well Syd and I really need to get going; we just wanted to stop in and see if you were awake yet. Let us know if you need anything.” Syd lean over, hugged Nadia, and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving with Vaughn. I sighed trying to take everything.

‘You okay baby?” I felt Nadia squeeze my hand and I smiled at her.

“Yeah, I got you don’t I?” She smiled and kissed me again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Eric, sweetie are you sure you’re going to be ok by yourself?” It had been three days since I had been released from the hospital and Nadia had spent every minute hovering over me.

“Yes dear, I’ll be just fine. I have two working arms and two working legs. I think I’ll manage.”

“I mean I would cancel this trip but it’s just really important that I go and…”

“Nadia, don’t worry about it. I want you to go on your trip, okay?” She shook her head as she finished zipping up her suitcase. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into kiss. “Just don’t go falling in love with any of those Argentineans,” I joked lightly as she pulled away.

“Oh Eric, you know I love you more than anything.” With that we loaded up the car and I drove her to the airport. I stole several more long kisses and hugs before letting her board the plane with promises of calling me when she arrived there. It took me about ten minutes of standing there to realize that I should be going with her on this trip. After all, she would probably need emotional support and I should be there for her.

I strode over to the nearest flight desk and asked to purchase a ticket for the next flight to Argentina. Surprisingly they had another flight that left in 8 hours with several open seats on the flight. I would have plenty of time to go home, pack, call the office, and Nadia would land first and I’d still be here when she called. I smiled to myself all the way home; I couldn’t wait to surprise Nadia.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The first thing I did when I landed was to find a hotel room. I wasn’t sure exactly where Nadia was staying, I had forgotten to ask. After getting settled in my hotel room I opened a phone book and called every hotel in town until I found hers. Then I changed into a nice evening suit and left to find her.

The cab driver let me off outside her hotel and I made my way inside. I looked around the bar and restaurant before calling up to her room. When I received no answer I assumed she was out visiting so I decided to wait for her at the bar. I had a clear view of anyone entering the hotel from seat so I wouldn’t miss her entrance.

I must have been sitting at the bar for over an hour before I finally caught a glimpse of her beautiful smile. But I was stunned at what she or who I should say she was smiling at. There was my fiancé, the love of my love with her arm around another man’s waist. She was smiling and laughing at him and her head dipped way too close for comfort and they were heading up to her room! I didn’t know what the hell was going on but I was too shocked to move, all I could do was stand there and gap in horror. How could she do this to me? I thought she really loved me? Was I just some fling? No wonder this trip had been so important to her. She was coming here to meet up with her other lover. How could I have been so foolish? No wonder she had never asked me to come with her. Why hadn’t I seen the signs? I slumped back into my seat and ordered myself a round of shots. There was no way I could go after her after seeing her drooling all over that, that bastard who stole my fiancé! I slammed my shot glass down with such force that it shattered. I paid my bill hastily and left as fast as I could. When I got back to my hotel I grabbed my things and headed for the airport; I was going home.

Halfway through the plane ride I realized that home was where Nadia and I lived. Home didn’t exist for me anymore. When the plane landed I took a cab to Syd and Vaughn’s. I needed somewhere to crash.

Vaughn answered the door in his boxers and looked at me rather annoyed. “I thought you were going to Argentina.” I shrugged as I brushed past him.

“I went. Saw my fiancé shacking it up with some dude and decided to come home. What’s new with you?” I looked around as I set my luggage down. “I love what you and Syd did to the place by the way. It’s really lively in here. You guys are such a great couple in love. Whatever you do don’t lose the love man.” Vaughn eyed me strangely but I just ignored him and sat down on the couch.

“Are you okay man? I’ve never seen you like this, except after Suzie and your ship making phase.” I sighed and tried to breathe normally.

“God Vaughn how could she do this to me! I loved her with everything in me. I took a damn bullet to save her life and what does she do? I’m barely healed and she’s sleeping with someone else like its nothing. I bet she thought I’d never find out too. WEllll she can just think again because I saw them all lovey dovey making me want to vomit. They were going up to her room too. You think they were going for coffee. NO! I don’t think so, not the way they were falling all over each other.” I paused more out of the need for oxygen then anything. Sydney had come out and was tying her robe around her waist.

“What’s going Weiss and why are you here?” I could see Vaughn out of the corner of my eye trying to single her to shut up but I didn’t care.

“What’s going on? Maybe you should ask your sister that question! What’s going on is that she’s been cheating on me! I can’t believe she would do this to me!” I glanced at Sydney and realized how stupid I was being. “OH MY GOD Don’t tell me you knew about this? I mean of course you did right? You’re her sister! Oh my god I should have known! Did you at least try to stop her or does out friendship mean nothing to you? Is this all a joke on good ole Eric?” I couldn’t stop the tears from falling any longer and collapsed back against the sofa cushions with my head in my hands. I couldn’t handle all of this right now. I felt Sydney sit down next to me and begin to rub my back.

“Eric, I don’t know what you’re talking about but Nadia is not cheating on you. She loves you more than anything and I know she would never hurt you like that.” I shook my head.

“No, you don’t understand. You didn’t see what I saw. I never thought it would be possible for her to do this either but she did. I saw her with that guy.” I shuttered involuntarily as the images of her with him flooded through my brain. I heard Sydney sigh softly as she looked to Vaughn for help.

“Did you confront her about it? Ask her what was going on?”

“No! Of course not! I was too stunned! Besides it was pretty darn obvious what was going on!” I inhaled deeply trying to think straight. “Look can I just crash here for the night. I don’t think I can handle going back to the apartment right now.”

Sydney and Vaughn exchanged worried glances. “Of course man, stay as long as you like.” Vaughn disappeared to get me sheets and stuff for the sofa and Sydney went back into their bedroom. I could hear her leaving a voicemail on Nadia’s phone asking her to call and let her know she was in Argentina okay. But I was sure Nadia wouldn’t be answering her phone anytime soon since she was getting cozy with her lover boy. Once Vaughn returned with pillows and sheets he helped me set up the couch and I fell right to sleep not wanting to think about Nadia and her new lover.

The next morning and cleaned up and made my way back to the apartment. Nadia wasn't due back for another day or two and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do yet. A part of me wanted to act like nothing had happened to see if she would tell me what a horrible she mistake she’d made but another part of me just wanted to move all of my stuff out and never look at her again. I actually contemplated making some ships in bottles but I knew I couldn’t endure the teasing from Vaughn despite how soothing it was. When I reached the apartment I broke down all over again. How could she ruin the perfect life we had planned? We were going to get married and make babies and live like normal people. What had gone wrong? When had she stopped loving me? I couldn’t process all the questions that flooded my head. I had no idea what I was going to do anymore. Without Nadia my life was worth nothing and as I looked around at our apartment, our broken home, I let the tears fall.

oops heres the new pm list

sydney_alias_vaughn
vaughnsgurl4lf
SpyChic16
Sydney A Vaughn
oooRevesDouxooo
vaughnshoney
syd26
texasalias2004
Alias_rocks_87
xMountineer02300844x
buckeyealum2000
KAliasGirl
Phoenixwannabe
Garner_Chick6
sydneymicheal
tunita
Nancy O
SYD96
dancer4life
KAC
alias/gglover
les400coups
gtwallichs
Crazy for Alias
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
kalias
Superduck123
UndercoverPhoenix47
mightylittleone
luckylass
74Aliaschickita47
AliasChica316

and awww Kit you already posted!!!! *hugs*

That was great.
Poor Eric he has been through so much. :(
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more.
:surf:

How could nadia cheat on him? I don't thinks she could but if she did shame on her. Thanks for the PM can't wait for the next chapter.

Ok, I just sang a Josie and the Pussycats song...so I'm done. Ok, haha! Weiss thinks Nadia is cheating on him! That is funny! Very funny! Ok, now I'm getting friends things in my head, so now I must say Thank you for the PM!!!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Nadia is not cheating on Eric. He just misinterpreted the situation. Didn't he? This reunion should be good. Can't wait for the esplanation.
Thanks for the PM

Great chapter.. poor Weiss tho. I don't believe Nadia's cheating on him. There's gotta be a good explanation for it.

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

Back