Season 3 AIRDATE

MVhunny

Cadet
ok SO there are a bunch of threads in other forums...but i thought we needed on in the actual finale thread.

So ive heard that it hasnt been established yet due to supermillionare.

They'll really have to scramble to pull off a 2 hour finale on the 2nd - Jennifer said in an interview that ran in her hometown newspaper that they were just starting to shoot the finale - and that the script wasn't finished. The interview was supposedly conducted by phone on Wednesday, so IMO the finale on the 2nd doesn't look feasible. But - hey it's JJ, you never know.

i think a two hour season finale would be the best way to go about it, because the lag due to harry potter and millionaire would give right crappy ratings for a finale (not good in a sweep month either).

last year the finale was finished shooting on jen's bday, and it looks like this season is following the same sort of pattern. So if it airs on the 2nd that give a week and change to score, edit, etc. thats pretty good for a pinch anyhow.

PS phase one and the telling were both done on really tight schedules last year

They're airing Harry Potter on the 9th. I think its pretty much a done deal on the two hour finale. Not only is it a much stronger sweeps option for stronger ratings, but "The Practice" only has three episodes remaining. I think they'll be looking to extend that shows run a little further into sweeps since they have nothing else to fill it with.

MVhunny said:
Alias_Gay said:
I think a two-hour Season Finale on May 2nd ...  ;)
its not on may 2nd though...theyre airing harry potter.
Harry Potter will air on May 9th ..., so it would be easier to put a 2 hour finale for Alias on May 2nd ...

As for the Practice, yes, they only have 3 shows remaining ... this sunday night (april 18th) will be the first of these 3 episodes ... then you have April 25th with the second episode ... amd since they already planned a Series Finale for "The Practice" on May 16th, after Super Millionaire, that would leave the Sunday of May 2nd, with nothing new on at 10pm ... which they could use as a Season Finale for Alias like they did last year ... ;)

and yes, I think its feasible to finish shootinh like days before the episode airs ;)

I'm rooting for May 9th because over here in South Africa we're 3 weeks behind you if the season finale shows on May 23rd we're not likely to see the season finale cause we'll be seeing Legacy on May 25th.

xoAliasox said:
I heard that it will be on May 9 starting at 9 ending at 10 p.m.
umm ok did you read the previous posts?? it cant be the ninth because of supermillionare..so now its prob going to be the 23rd.

I just read the cliffhanger section of ew.com and it has an airdate of May 16th....

hope I didn't read it wrong..

Tori13 said:
I just read the cliffhanger section of ew.com and it has an airdate of May 16th....

hope I didn't read it wrong..
thats good!!! id much rather have it then! can you post the place you found it? or what it said?

I tried to find it, but I don't have AOL; it won't let me...

My sis is the one that showed me, it had cliffhangers for a bunch of shows...

Back