Anti-Syd

i feel like i should stop watching the show, because i don't really like it, but i kind of want to see how bad it gets. and i love everyone on these forums and if i stop watching it i'd feel badly about staying a member.

yeah, i hate the rachel character. sydney was awesome when she found out. she got really pissed and did something about it. now they just cry and feel badly for themselves.

m-c

I'm with ya. But I have stopped watching...not just because of Vaughn (that was minimal), but because this pregnancy annoys the heck out of me, and I don't like all this weakness. Plus I feel that I'd hate Rachel's character...ugh. So many better things on tv.

And don't feel bad staying a member if you stop watching...I don't :smiley: There are so many other discussions and things going on that don't deal with Alias...I really don't miss the Alias part of it at all. ^_^

Heh. I stopped watching at WtLV. I did watch Mirage and... In Dreams last week because i heard they were good. But I am not watching season five. This place is too much fun to miss out on just because the show sucks now.

Sydney is stupid. That is all I have to say.

^^ there was a time in my life where i would have stoned you if i heard you say that. ^_^ :lol:
so glad i've grown up and understand things now.

m-c

lol WtLV. Good idea. I should have stopped long before having to endure that episode. :lol:

I can't believe I wasted my time and energy caring about Season 4. At least there were some awesome Sark moments/scenes.

Hi y'all. I haven't been here for a while. But I need to say it, and I don't no where else. If I hear the words "Syd" "Vaugn" Vaughnie" "Syd and Vaughn" "meant to be" or one of those stupid, idiotic quotes like the "rough" felgercarb, or whatever, I will kill myself. Seriously. I will jump right out the window. Because I, after many long months, have had ENOUGH with this M/V S/V stupidity. ENOUGH with it. just STOP.

lol dittto it seems like if you dislike Sydney, Alias would be a royal waste of time since the show is so slanted toward her now. Season 1 and 2 I might see why you would still watch there was a lot going on but now everything in Alias-world revolves around Syd (and yes I do find that annoying) It just seems like everytime she's on screen you'd be rolling your eyes and after about three times it starts to hurt. Detached retnas or something to that nature(don't judge me I'm not a doctor)

Syd has never particularly interested me either, and neither has Vaughn. I watch because of Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, and Carl Lumbly and their wonderful portayals of their characters. Back in seasons 1 and 2, there was a sense of fun that has disappeared. I used to crack up at the ridiculous missions and Syd's outrageous outfits and wigs. I used to laugh at Marshall (well, I still do). And I was once a huge J/I shipper. But now the older characters are the only ones that really interest me any more. Well, I do like Thomas Grace a lot. There are reasons I still watch, but Syd and Vaughn have never been among them.

Hm...interesting thread. Why do you watch alias if you don't like the main character?

at this moment? because i like to talk about how much it sucks and how downhill it has gone. because it is a waste of my time and i am a procrastinator. because sark is coming back in episode 8 or something. because marshall is funny still.

m-c

Hm...interesting thread. Why do you watch alias if you don't like the main character?

I first came to this thread thinking the same thing. But after reading a couple posts, I realized I always had those thoughts too, but never saw how many times I was annoyed by her actions. Eventually everything she does makes me roll my eyes...

I don't know why I'm still watching. I think it's because I want to see if the show ever gets interesting again and with my luck, it will as soon as I stop watching. :lol:

We used to like her. Wait I gotta speak for myself. I use to like her, but she's changed. Everything she does since season three is very unSydney like. Hmm, I don't need to explain! Go read the rest of the thread! ^_^

Yeah I liked her lots in S1 and S2, and then never again. I must admit that personally, it has caused me to stop watching the show. OK, scratch that: my dislike of Sydney was NOT at ALL the only reason I stopped watching, but the fact remains that I have. And the change in her character was a part of the reason behind it. Anyway, I haven't seen one single episode of S5. I am waiting for Sark to return, but I even have trepidation about that, since I have been told that
he will have sex with a blonde woman when he comes back. And obviously, he belongs with Sydney, not some random blonde woman!!
:P Bah.

Sorry, kinda OT and ranty. :Paranoid:

i liked syd when she was kick ass and knew what she was doing. not anymore. whine whine whine whine cry cry cry. ugh. gag me.

yeah but les
syd wears wigs a lot! haha
:lol:

m-c

Yeah except
would they have said "blonde woman" if it were going to be Syd in a wig? Plus she's pregnant. I know IRL that doesn't stop anyone, but on TV? Probably. I'm freaking out that it's going to be Rachel. She's the only blonde woman besides some random cameo (which could very well be it) that I can think of on the show... Not that I've been watching this season. *sigh*

i dislike syd so much, i liked rachel this episode. *shudders* she showed she can kick ass, but she's still human. she's not like syd was in first season where she was just completely unbreakable, she's more human than that. and i liked that.
i can't believe i said that. eeych.

"it's completely different. i had vaughn."
"sometimes his voice was the onlyt hing that kept me going."
:puke:

m-c

eew. glad I didn't witness that comment. :blink: :thud:

GROW UP YOU CHILD! He ruined your life!! I cannot BELIEVE her! :doh: She's beyond unbelieveable.

Back