Anti-Syd

no surprise there's only like 3 ppl in this post who have so much hatred towards sydney

What? Moving on...

SYDNEY SERIOUSLY SAID THOSE THINGS???? I didn't think the writers were capable of such... felgercarb. I wonder if the actors themselves realise how far downhill this show is crashing.

I watched the season four finale yesterday! And I was reminded of every single reason I hated Sydney. She had the most annoying voice I could ever imagine. Even my sister, who hasn't watched this season at all, was like 'Why is she so annoying? Why is she putting on the little girl voice?'

Why was she putting on the little girl voice??? It happened in season two as well. But it was slightly less annoying.

But OH GOD when Nadia came up with the red eyes (why can you always tell by the eyes? It would have been so much cooler for Sydney to be like "Oh, hey Nadia, you're ali-" THWACK and Nadia's knocked her onto the ground, but ANYWAY) and Sydney was like 'No, Nadia, no please listen to me!' like the sound of her voice would actually have an effect on her. I realise sisters = sentimental but as me and MY sister discussed, when there's no cure and this person is trying to kill you, you kind of have to do what you have to do. We then looked at each other and said "If you were infected, I would take you out."

The most annoying part in the scene was when Jack was telling her to take Nadia out and Sydney whined "She's my sister" in the little girl. It was cringe-inducing. Much like all of the season five dialogue I've heard of.

I'm not insulting the actress. Just Sydney, who does not even tie back her hair when she's gunning down zombies. That annoys me too. Priorities; interesting hair or best possible fighting ability? Don't tell me zombies don't pull hair.

And she wasn't even going to invite Jack to the wedding. Shame. SHAME. (I think. I was trying to block out the nauseating S/V-ness of the scene)

Although I did like the part where the first zombie guy came and Sydney's face was so scared and she just started shooting the hell out of him. The one redeeming thing for the episode.

Ugh. Those season five lines. UGH. Sydney: SHUT UP.

yeah see i felt bad this episode. because i like jennifer garner and i think she would be a very cute very sweet pregnant person. but i abhor pregnant!syd. ugggggggh.

as for the comment about the people who have "so much hatred towards syd" i didn't used to. and every once in a while i get a glimpse of old syd. "oh rachel this is going to be too easy" maybe me smile because i liked her again. but the s/v-ness even though he is dead!!!!!!!!!!!! is wretched. :puke: again.

m-c

i dislike syd so much, i liked rachel this episode. *shudders* she showed she can kick ass, but she's still human. she's not like syd was in first season where she was just completely unbreakable, she's more human than that. and i liked that.
i can't believe i said that. eeych.

"it's completely different. i had vaughn."
"sometimes his voice was the onlyt hing that kept me going."
:puke:

m-c

Ugh, yes, I felt the same way. :Pinch: Sydney was referring to how Vaughn helped her in the beginning right? If I remembered correctly, revenge kept her going. (y) Let's see, I also remember she use to argue and disagree with Vaughn during the beginnings many times.

Aww present Sydney doesn't remember what she was like when I liked her. (n)

ETA: As for the "only like 3 ppl in this post" comment, this thread seems more alive than the pro Sydney thread. :D Waait, I think I'm part of that group... :mellow:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Eew.

Sydney, WTF. Do you even remember Truth Be Told?!?!!!! :thud: "I'm never gonna be no man's woman... I haven't travelled this far to become no man's woman." Yeah. RIGHT. *pulls out hair*

^ tell me about it.
with danny, sure she was upset, but she was still focused and strong and moved on (rather quickly mind you). now it's just like :puke:

m-c

Right! Her hatred... or lack of hatred, for the killers of Vaughn is rather pathetic compared to how much she hated the killers of Danny. She still hates Sloane... actually I'm not sure about that one.

But still, her motivation to end sd-6 much more fun to watch than whatever new goverment thing killed Vaughn, agh I don't even know what to call it.

:yawn:

:puke:
oh gag me.
she was just so wretched in "bob." just wretched. i hated her. completely and utterly. i mean, rachel was the one who was good in her interaction and bickering with sark. sydney was just...blah.

m-c

Yeah. It's rather impossible. I almost (ALMOST) feel bad for Garner. And really, I do feel bad for her IRL. But that's the kind of talk that can get me in trouble... censored

Well... I was thinking more along the lines of her own life... like, what's going on... censored But if I say more, the other mods will shut me up. ;)

LOL Leslie maybe that's a good idea (no offense--1.) we've been down that road 2.) ya know i luv ya)

But I must say I very much HEART s5 syd and s5; haven't felt this good about her since S2. I will say that some of her mentor moments seem way too wooden and cheesy (I felt the same way about Buffy-Dawn mentor moments in the final season of Buffy), but I still am in love with this season.

I suppose my open-minded optomism is more fitted for the Pro-Syd forum? :P

Back