Politics Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i believe so far is in recarnation and i'm not sure how we all developed but it happened some how maybe by a mutation in the universe the big bang whatever it was it stared us

That's very interesting, personally I believe that we have one life to live, and it's not entirly ours, we're here to glorify God. I've never really understood reincarnation, it seems to me if we were always being reincarnated and never had a hope of reaching heaven, what point would it be to live? I think we all get one chance to live life, here on this earth, to its fullest potential. After this life passes away is when real life, our life with God, begins. That's the life I'm waiting for. I also believe that God created each one of us specially and individually with a purpose in mind. I don't believe our existance is just some freak accident of the universe. And even if the big bang happened, who do you think would have been responsible for creating that big floating mass? Can't wait for you to post the rest of your questions. Have a great day! :D
Lucy

bristowbabe47 said:
That's very interesting, personally I believe that we have one life to live, and it's not entirly ours, we're here to glorify God.  I've never really understood reincarnation, it seems to me if we were always being reincarnated and never had a hope of reaching heaven, what point would it be to live?  I think we all get one chance to live life, here on this earth, to its fullest potential.  After this life passes away is when real life, our life with God, begins.  That's the life I'm waiting for.  I also believe that God created each one of us specially and individually with a purpose in mind. I don't believe our existance is just some freak accident of the universe.  And even if the big bang happened, who do you think would have been responsible for creating that big floating mass? Can't wait for you to post the rest of your questions.  Have a great day! :D
Lucy
[post="972370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ok here's what I think reincarnation is not our soals but us as a person the physical apperance sorta like having a second chance a cleansend soal....the big bang is well just the big bang it just "happened" no way to explain it....but i dont think it's right to glorify and praise someone that one person cannot make everything happen...and there had to be something greater than god to create god himself there HAS to because nothing is something...we could all be just living a big dream right now and then pop it's over....ok questions
~Why praise someone that may not even be there?
~If there is a god why is there so many other religions
~There are phony priests and such out there...are they brought to be by god? or just a scam?
~Why did we have such a bad pope? If he is god's creature and asked by god why would he do what he did?
~We all probably have a calling but the people that say theirs is god how do we know if its true?
~Who created the "big man" himself
~Does he have magical powers or something
~Mormons and such think their right also so who in the end is the closest?
~What happens when were all extinct will he "rise" again
~With so many doubts and questions and suffering in this world why doesnt he come back and explain
~Why did he make all different kinds of creatures? Why cant we understand those creatures?
ok i've got more but I cant think now.....

bristowbabe47 said:
That's very interesting, personally I believe that we have one life to live, and it's not entirly ours, we're here to glorify God.  I've never really understood reincarnation, it seems to me if we were always being reincarnated and never had a hope of reaching heaven, what point would it be to live? 
[post="972370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Okay, just wanted to pop in and say this because I also believe in reincarnation.

Basically, when you do good in one life, you will be justly rewarded in the next life. Almost equivalent to heaven, but then I don't really know what you guys think of heaven anyway. Do bad, and you get all that karma coming your way.

I think it's a little ridiculous that if people don't reincarnate there would be an immense collection of "souls" floating around :lol: I mean don't you ever get that feeling of deja vu? It's a very subtle memory of what could have happened in your past life. Everyone gets it now and then. If we were "fresh souls" so to speak, then that means we wouldn't experience it.

Totally. People have so many interpretations of one god, that I'm starting to believe I could make up a religion of my own.

The Greeks made up many different Gods to explain the various things in nature. So, I don't know...

Woohoo a fellow reincarnation person like myself! Life is sooo confusing I think god is just a thing to make us feel better about ourselves but knowing me i'm probably wrong...i look around in church thinking wow all these people believe i must be pretty pathetic

Yeah, I think they believe in God so there would be some guidance in life. If it makes people better human beings then there's nothing wrong with it.

But when I think back to the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition...welll :thinking:

Exactly it gives us something to live for....but in the end theres nothing there we live we die we rot i know not very happy there but i think that's what happens i'm a scientific person *shrugs* thats what makes it hard for me to belive

Yup! I mean having something to live for is better than nothing at all right? One postive thing I just dont agree with the whole praising and glorifing him...

Well, for starters, those who praise Him (and yes He is most definatly a Him) do believe he exists. This may not be everyone's reason, but for me I love God sooooo much and I am just astounded at all that He had done and the fact that He saved me from a horrible eternal death I just wanna thank Him and sing to Him and love on Him and never stop. I praise Him as a way of thanks and letting Him know how absolutly awesome I think He is.

This one goes all the way back to Genesis. When Adam and Eve fell, deception was brought into the world. There were some religons, brought into the world by people who wanted a way to explain nature. Others who didn't live around Jesus created their own Gods. Some were started out of comon intrests and progressed.

~There are phony priests and such out there...are they brought to be by god? or just a scam?
Everyone is "brought to be by God" and he has and amazing plan in store for each of us. The thing is since he gave us our free will, we don't always follow His plan, and we let the devil get in and mislead us which is where the phony priests come from.

~Why did we have such a bad pope? If he is god's creature and asked by god why would he do what he did?
I'm not catholic, so I'm not sure what your refering to here, but again we're all God's creatures and we all fall, no matter who we are. Jesus was the only one ever to be completly perfect.

~We all probably have a calling but the people that say theirs is god how do we know if its true?
You're right we do all have a purpose, but only when we're really in tune with God and truly seeking after Him do we get a calling from Him. We all have passions and things we desire to do, and maybe sometimes that's what people are really refering to. We can't really judge wether or not others are truly called, of course sometimes its obvious that people aren't, but only they know their heart of hearts, and some people are pretty good at deciving others.

No one. No, it's not scientific, and no, it doesn't seem possible, but God is not like us He is God. He has always been, he has no beginning and no end. It doesn't make sense and its pretty boggling to think about, but it is 100% true.

They're not magical powers, God is able to do everything so it's just Godness.

There is no closest, there is right and there is wrong. Mormons claim to believe in Jesus, but theres a lot of extra stuff added, so they've been a bit side tracked, I'm not Mormon though so I don't know their religon well enough to explain it in great detail. Jesus is the only right answer, though, that I know for sure.

In a nutshell, God will return soon and take his believers with Him to heaven and leave the rest here for 7 years, to give them one last chance. After that He is going to set up a 1000 year reign here on earth, and we will live with Him in heaven for all eternity.

~With so many doubts and questions and suffering in this world why doesnt he come back and explain
God is always speaking to us, if we would only listen, it just may not be in a way that we recognize. God has given us every answer to every question we will ever need in His book, we simply choose not to believe it.

~Why did he make all different kinds of creatures? Why cant we understand those creatures?
God made those creatures to bring variety to life, and for us to use. For enjoyment, nourishment, company, whatever we may need of them.

I think it's a little ridiculous that if people don't reincarnate there would be an immense collection of "souls" floating around
Souls don't just float around, it's pretty plain and clear, you either end up in heaven or hell, there is no "floating".

Exactly it gives us something to live for....but in the end theres nothing there we live we die we rot i know not very happy there but i think that's what happens i'm a scientific person *shrugs* thats what makes it hard for me to belive
Yes, our bodies die and rot, but as Christians our souls go to heaven where we are given new, eternal bodies. Wether you go to heaven or hell you will be there for eternity.

I hope you guys have a great rest of your weekend. I am praying for you!
Lucy ;)

bristowbabe47 said:
Souls don't just float around, it's pretty plain and clear, you either end up in heaven or hell, there is no "floating".
[post="972691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Some people just don't happen to believe in heaven or hell.

*sigh* No one knows until they actually die. But then it's not like we can come back and tell everyone can we? ;)

My question is:

How can you be so sure of what God is based on a book and what other people have passed down? No one has actually seen Him (since you refer to him as male :blink: ) or has any evidence that he actually exists.

G$f3arl3ssG$

Okay, just wanted to pop in and say this because I also believe in reincarnation.

Basically, when you do good in one life, you will be justly rewarded in the next life. Almost equivalent to heaven, but then I don't really know what you guys think of heaven anyway. Do bad, and you get all that karma coming your way.

I don't know if you realise this, but what you are talking about is actually a completely separate religion - Hinduism. The concept of karma is from the Hindu religion.

A lot of people these days seem to borrow the parts of Indian religions they find appealing, but do not consider themselves to be Hindu, or Buddhist, or whatever.

What I find most important for people who believe in karma to know is this. The vast majority of Indians live in poverty. This is largely due to the concept of karma. Because karma says you must accept your place in life and work hard in order to get a better life next time round, the high-caste Indians (Brahmins) are able to keep the poorer Indians in poverty. The poor ones believe they must accept having no food, money, health care, education, because otherwise they will only make their lives worse next time.

Unfortunately, the Hindu religion has a lot of terrible aspects, one of which leads to the murder of many, many thousands of girls and women every year.

My parents live and work in India, and I spend three months there every year, so I know my stuff when it comes to Indian religions! Just as Christians believe people who follow Christianity must follow it and not simply 'borrow' the aspects they like, I think people should either see Hinuism for what it really is, and then accept or reject it - rather than taking the good bits and ignoring the bad.

VaughnsAHottie said:
[post="972385"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

1. faith shows us that HE is there
2. God is too big to fit in one religion
3. they are living for a reason, but they were not called by God to be priests
4. Pope John Paul II is not a bad pope
5. we dont "know", we believe
6. nobody created God, he's always existed
7. it's not magic, it's divine; magic is the work of evil
8. i'm a bit biased, but in christianity (mormons are not christians tho, but no disrespect to any mormons here), i believe that roman catholicism is closest, because it was directly handed down from Christ. there was a big split in the 300s? and another one in 1547 (and many more split from the 1547 one, but not from the Catholic Church)
9. He won't rise again, cuz He's already risen, but the dead on Earth will rise and either join Him in heaven or go to Hell
10. then it would not be faith. if we KNOW all the answers, there's nothing to believe cuz we'll know it as fact or fiction
11. diversity, how boring would life be if everything were the same? we cant understand them cuz we dont speak the same language. but on the contrary, we DO understand their body language and they understand ours.

take rabbits, if you talk in a soothing voice, they'll feel more comfortable around you even if what ur saying is, "I'm gonna eat you now..." or when u encounter a mountain lion, by running away, the mountain lin thinks ur prey and will chase you. but if u try to make urself as big as possible, it will leave you alone.

I was at church today...not sure why I go any more but I did all the same...and they are very strict here...I look at all these people believeing and I'm just sitting there with my main goal of trying to open my candy without anyone noticing...I wait until communion and then leave.... And when they say Please lord forgive us for going off track and help us save the sacredness of the marriage between a man and woman...and I just sit thinking hey you idiot people can do as they please get over it! And you cant even say kerry's name there they'll hunt you down or ban you from the church...! It's a very bad church I thought about switching but there all like that here....I mean why cant I be catholic but still want gays and vote for Kerry..agh I need to move somewhere were people arn't so critical!

But what about pergatory?
That was never acctually mentioned in the bible. God always say either we're dead or we're alive, no middle ground. In the old testemat it sorta existed, no one was getting rid of there sins, and those with out God were already in hell, but those who had God were waiting for Jesus to rise so they could be with Him in heaven, now that Jesus has risen though we know longer have to wait, we have an instant and always open connection to God.

How can you be so sure of what God is based on a book and what other people have passed down? No one has actually seen Him (since you refer to him as male  ) or has any evidence that he actually exists.
For staters, the bible proves it's own validity. In 66 books it never contradicts itself, it is accurate with every other historical document that we have concerning the events it describes. And yes many who wrote the books of the new testament did see Jesus. They lived with Him, they heard His teachings, and they saw Him raised from the dead. In books of the new testemat the writer says multiple times, you know this because you yourself witnessed it (refering of course to those who lived back then) he wasnt just saying this is what I think, believe it, he was saying you saw it, you knew Jesus, you know it's true.

2. God is too big to fit in one religion
No, God the true God, doesn't carry over into other religons, those gods are false, idols, made by men.

I was at church today...not sure why I go any more but I did all the same...and they are very strict here...I look at all these people believeing and I'm just sitting there with my main goal of trying to open my candy without anyone noticing...I wait until communion and then leave.... And when they say Please lord forgive us for going off track and help us save the sacredness of the marriage between a man and woman...and I just sit thinking hey you idiot people can do as they please get over it! And you cant even say kerry's name there they'll hunt you down or ban you from the church...! It's a very bad church I thought about switching but there all like that here....I mean why cant I be catholic but still want gays and vote for Kerry..agh I need to move somewhere were people arn't so critical!
By all means, switch churches. It doesn't matter where you go, we're all part of one family, maybe you would like trying a non-denominational church. Get to a place where you can see real fellowship between believers, where people aren't there because of themselves but becuase they all love Him. There are many churchs who don't care what your background may be, who your political prefrences are, they just love you becuase your a person, a child of the Most High God. Try to get into a small group, they're awesome, it's a place where you can express your fears, doubts, concerns, views, and not worry about judgement. Kinda like this only with people in person.

I also want you to know that when I post my replies, I'm not trying to be mean or condesnding. I want to share with you what I think and what I believe. I think this is a great place for everyone to post they're thoughts and opinions, whatever they may be. And believe me I don't have all they answers, or know everything or even close. But I will try and tell you what I do know, and answer you questions as best I can. I pray that you find a church where you feel welcome and you can talk these things out with people. Please post anyother comments, questions, concerns, ponderings, whatever. And have a great week!

Lucy ;)

We know Lucy your just giving us your opinion which is well appretiated..ok I have a question that's been bugging me...
~Why do we praise him if all he wants is peace on earth then why would he expect us to bow down to him....we are all worthy to him...so why do we have to praise him why cant we just acknolage that he's here? someone that just wants us to be us wouldnt ask to praise him would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back