Politics Christianity

Essa....I totally agree with you. God really doesn't ask that much of us, and one hour of our time per week...isn't asking anything at all. I believe that people can make time out of their schedule to go to church, and the Bible does command us to join a body of believers.

I prayed every day for a year that my sister would get into her top college. She was deferred. Was it wrong for me to feel betrayed?

Im sorry that she didnt get into the college, however life is not meant to be easy. God wants us to love Him through thick and thin, through the good times and bad. God brings both good and bad to His people, like the children of Israel. Furthermore, everything happens for a reason. Your sister may not have gotton into the top college, someone may lose a loved one and the like, but down the track everything works out. Its about developing perserverance, trust, patience and love. You should not feel betrayed, instead continue praying that your sister will be happy in what she does. Maybe she wasnt meant to go there, its funny how things eventually work out. Its all part of the wonderful lives and choices God has given us.

Yeah, everything happens for a reason. And I would have to say that its totally normal for you to feel that way, but I believe in time, you'll see that God is in control, and that His plan is perfect. I can sort of relate, because I really wanted to get into Northwestern, but it costs a lot of money, and they don't give scholarships, so I was really bummed that I couldn't go there, instead having to go somewhere else. But now that I'm where I am, I know that I am in God's perfect plan, and that as much as I wanted to go to Northwestern, it wasn't the best thing for me. Now I realize that I need to give God the steering wheel, and let him make all the big decisions....because He is the one who knows whats going on...I can't even see tomorrow. So, thats how I dealt with it.

I've been feeling better about it. She wanted to go to Williams, but they're all into athletics and stuff. And she's just a ballerina. With a good story. Oh well. You guys are probably right. He has a plan, and that wasn't it.

But you have to admit, I did pray for a whole year...

Scarlet, I know its tough when you pray for something so badly and for so long, for God's answer to be no...but, and you're right, in the end everything will work out for the better.

It is really hard when you pray so hard for something and it doesnt happen. But things happen for reasons that we dont even know. Sometimes when we think soemthing unfair is happening to us, it is really protectoion from something bad that could have come our way. :smiley:

Hi,

I know how you feel about praying for something, and you don't get the answer that you wanted. Like others have said, it was part of God's plan. That has been a struggle for me trusting in God's plan when I'm not sure of His plan. It is hard to let God take control and to just give it all up to Him.

Hi,

I know how you feel about praying for something, and you don't get the answer that you wanted. Like others have said, it was part of God's plan. That has been a struggle for me trusting in God's plan when I'm not sure of His plan. It is hard to let God take control and to just give it all up to Him.
that's why it's called faith. didn't jesus once say something like blest are those who see and believe. but even more blest are those who believe but haven't seen?

Yes, I know it is about faith. It is just hard sometimes to completely give it all over to Him, but that is why you pray to Him to give you strength. I pray to God for Him to take over in my life. I ask Him to just take control. Sometimes I fall in that regard, but I never stop learning to put it in His hands. I have noticed changes in that I don't obsessively worry to the extent that I used to. I know that is from God working in me. However, I never lose faith in Jesus as my Savior. It is because He is our Savior and Healer that I trust that He is working in me. I know that everyday I'm learning more and more to put Him in the driver's seat.

i don't think God wants to be in the driver's seat or else he wouldn't have given us free will. it is up to us to be in control of our lives but at the same time, live our lives for the greater glory of God.

God is in the driver's seat....He is in control of everything...of course we have free will, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't control the things that come into our lives.

On a lighter note...there is book out there called Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller...I just got it for Christmas, and have just finished reading it. It takes a look at Christian spirituality from a non-religious perspective...its a very good book. I encourage everyone to read it. It's not too long and its an easy read, but it really gets you thinking!

I was just wondering about whether anyone else wonders why certain things happen to us, why we meet certain people, why we experience certain things? I would really LOVE to know what God has in store for me....

I was just wondering about whether anyone else wonders why certain things happen to us, why we meet certain people, why we experience certain things? I would really LOVE to know what God has in store for me....
then it takes away the excitement in life if we already know what's in store. God basically has the same plan for everyone: to serve Him through serving His kingdom on Earth.

allow me to include my thoughts about Christianity:

i believe in the existence of a higher power, God or otherwise, but i'm not confined to the doctrine of Christianity. while i agree with some ideals of the faith, i severely disagree with others (such as homosexuality being a sin). my thoughts about that are summed up quite well in this wonderful quote:

"If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise" - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

we are created the way we are, and i believe God loves us no matter what. whether we be black, white, jew, gentile, heterosexual, or homosexual, we're all special in our own way because that is the way God created us. if he wanted us any different, he would've made us that way. if He didn't want me to be gay, he would have created me as a straight girl. so there's my 2 cents.

allow me to include my thoughts about Christianity:

i believe in the existence of a higher power, God or otherwise, but i'm not confined to the doctrine of Christianity. while i agree with some ideals of the faith, i severely disagree with others (such as homosexuality being a sin). my thoughts about that are summed up quite well in this wonderful quote:

"If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise" - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

we are created the way we are, and i believe God loves us no matter what. whether we be black, white, jew, gentile, heterosexual, or homosexual, we're all special in our own way because that is the way God created us. if he wanted us any different, he would've made us that way. if He didn't want me to be gay, he would have created me as a straight girl. so there's my 2 cents.
you sound like you might like Catholicism. that's what the Catholic Church says, more or less.

just wondering, what are people giving up/doing for Lent? i'm gonna try to not use AIM. my roommate has little confidence that i can do it, but a couple other friends think i can last. i hope i can.

Back