College Basketball

Jamison said:
ewwwww :lol:

Sorry guys, but I'm all about the Badgers today.
[post="1277412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I'd never cheer for Duke, so I understand.

But speaking of ewwww, if I see one more Coach K commerical, I'm gonna scream! I'm getting tired of turning the channel every time he or that four letter word appears on my screen.

tippinlover said:
Yeah, I'd never cheer for Duke, so I understand.

But speaking of ewwww, if I see one more Coach K commerical, I'm gonna scream!  I'm getting tired of turning the channel every time he or that four letter word appears on my screen.
[post="1277420"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol...he is in every commercial. But I kinda like it. Especially the GM one with him in the SSR (which is a totally awesome ride).

And it seems that's the way it is with Carolina and Duke fans...they could never cheer for the other. Especially living in NC. You pick one team, and stick with it. You really aren't allowed to cheer for another one. :smiley:

Well, you should enjoy this story. I'm from Durham, NC. And about 5 of my friends and I were huge Duke fans back in high school. I mean, HUGE! But when it came down to choosing colleges, no one could really afford Duke, but we still wanted to go to a great school. And of course the best public University in North Carolina is UNC. So, we all got in, and there was this dilemma about who to cheer for. We knew people who went to Duke, but still cheered for Carolina (Crazy, I know).

Anyway, to make a long story short, once we all visited the campus together and saw the greatness of that University, we all pretty much fell in love at the same time. My friend Geoff was the one most adamant about staying a Duke fan, but then he and I went to a Carolina field hockey game and for some reason he was just like, wow, I love this! And it was funny realizing how much you had in common with UNC and its students b/c most people there are middle class North Carolinians. Now when I look back on it, I have no idea how I could ever identify with Duke.

:rotflmao: lol...I have a bunch of friends who were die hard Duke fans and are now at UNC...can't blame them for cheering on the Tar Heels though.

I thought about going to Duke (and thought about UNC too...but I couldn't bring myself to do that). But Duke was too expensive for an undergraduate degree. But I've been there numerous times and am absolutely in love with the campus and atmosphere...can't wait for grad school.

But let's go Badgers! :P

And as far as the Kentucky/Michigan State game goes...then, eh, who cares.

Duke has a beautiful campus. But there's no community there, and I think that is sorely lacking b/c Chapel Hill is such a great town.

As far as Kentucky/Michigan St., I don't have a rooting interest either. But a nice overtime game would be good to see.

I definitely want to see an exciting game. Last night's games were crazy. I didn't get the outcomes I wanted, but they were definitely edge of your seat kinda games.

tippinlover said:
My best friend is a huge Illini fan, and I was happy for her, but part of me wanted them to lose b/c they are so awesome.
[post="1277453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was definitely hoping they'd lose. I was all about Arizona (though I don't care about them...just wanted them to beat Illinois).

Jamison said:
Oh man!  I am such a huge fan too!  I miss Williams, Battier, and Boozer (and Dunleavy) they were awesome!

Have you ever been to a game at Cameron?  It is sooo amazing!
Yay for meeting other Duke fans...that's awesome.  Sadly, it seems like I can only find UNC fans...yuck!

[post="1273318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Omg! You know them too? Man i thought i was the only one to know those guys way back. But yeah, i remember when they lost to Indiana in the tourny a few years back and i sobbed. I'm kinda ok w/ it this year cuz most of them will be back except Ewing :( .

Anyways...yeah to answer your question. I have been to Cameron indoor and let me tell you :jawdrop: I luuuuuuuuved it. Me being from Pittsburgh I can't exactly go down there every weekend. I had softball nationals in Raliegh last summer so my parents were like-yes, we can visit duke. From lying on my back at center court to the hall of fame where I saw Battier's jersey, it was like Christmas all over again. The best thing was, we taped our visit so I can watch it all over again! But i still need to catch a game! But they get sold out so early. Im thinking about applying there for college but i heard its a pretty hard school so i dunno. But i really wanna see a game, maybe their open scrimmage so i can talk to JJ! haha

Just to be difficult, I'm sayin Louisville vs. Michigan State :P

But I'm aware that's probably not gonna happen.

And Duke is awesome! Cameron is so cool, the energy you feel in there is amazing. You've got to try to get to a game, I sat in the student section and it was awesome. Most fun I've ever had at a basketball game...EVER (and I've been to pro games, 5 ACC tourny championships, and several other regular season Duke games at like Wake and State).

Duke is hard to get in to...but go for it! It's worth a shot. And if not, you could always do like me and wait until grad school. ;)

Well, Marquette (my school, of which I go to all the home games and have great seats 'cause I'm in the pep band) SUCKED this year, and UConn (I grew up in CT) lost, so... go Illini! (I'm currently from IL)

I have a grudge against Louisville (being from C-USA, and also moving to the Big East next season, where they, along with all the other teams, are probably going to continue kicking MU's rear), so I *really* hope Illinois wins.

For the championship game, I'd love for it to be IL vs MSU. (I got friends at both schools)

Wow! You know you're a college basketball junkie when even the NIT finale gives you goose bumps. What a great ending to a game! Props to our brothers in South Carolina. (y)

Back