College/ Universities

Noah Hicks went there! :lol: I uh go to Berkeley a lot too, the city that is, not the school. :D I go to high school in Berkeley, but that doesn't really impress anyone. :lol:

i will be an official cal student as of spring 2006.

to say that Cal and Stanford are rivals is an understatement.

my friends who are going to Stanford and I joke about it all the time.

"How many first-year Stanford students does it take to change a lightbulb?"

None, it's a second year course

^ Hahahah

yeah when i wear my Berkeley sweatshirt, sometimes people ask me if i go to Cal, nope, just the high school!! (i guess, then, they passed me off as college aged! hurray!). When i went to Stanford to visit, my mom joked that i shoulda worn it :D
but i'm not like that, tho this girl i know wears a pink stanford sweatshirt and she has to sometimes go thru the Cal campus, not a good experience......

Someone tell me how Cal life is like!!!

Anyone here go to or know about Chapman University in So Cal? I'm pretty interested in the university. Berkley, NYU, and Chapman are ones I'd like to get into.

the_alliance said:
i will be an official cal student as of spring 2006.

to say that Cal and Stanford are rivals is an understatement.

my friends who are going to Stanford and I joke about it all the time.

"How many first-year Stanford students does it take to change a lightbulb?"

None, it's a second year course
[post="1313065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ahah nice joke. I thought they had like friendly rivalry stuff, but you can tell me after you go there! :D

Wait spring 2006? Skipping fall eh? Ahhh I can't wait till 2006, hopefully I'm done with apps an stuff by then.

My bio teacher went to Cal and he makes references to Stanford a lot. Some of them are pretty corny like, "Stanfraud" But when ever he says something corny, its entertaining... Once he was coldly glaring at us and no one knew why. 20 minutes later in the middle of a lecture he goes, "OHH I just realized why you're all wearing Stanford colors, it's valentines day!" Hmm what else... oh yeah! He was talking about how we shouldn't be afraid of Yellow Jackets because we're yellow jackets (school mascot) and when one bothers us we should go "hey I'm a yellow jacket too, go away." Then he tells us "I'm a yellow jacket too... and a bear! Stanford is a tree."

haha my sister said that if you wear red to a Cal/Stanford game, they'll chant until you take off the red clothing...

that's kinda freaky. :mellow:

I have a little song to sing:

No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks.

I am done for the summer. Woohoo. Now I just need a job.

Kewii said:
I have a little song to sing:

No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks.

I am done for the summer.  Woohoo.  Now I just need a job.
[post="1314939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nice little song..Now let me see if I can match your whit with a little diddy of my own.

A bright shiny suit I wear,
My tie I've put on with great care.
Confidently I stroll into the Job fair
ohh all the long lines,
what a nightmare.

xinli11 said:
Nice little song..Now let me see if I can match your whit with a little diddy of my own.

A bright shiny suit I wear,
My tie I've put on with great care.
Confidently I stroll into the Job fair
ohh all the long lines,
what a nightmare.
[post="1314987"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:rotflmao: you win. And its so true...

it's official, im going to Cal.

sd6452: yeah, this year they had way too many good people apply so the majority got into Fall 2005 semester, but the rest were placed in the Spring 2006 semester. that's where i landed, but i'm taking their extension courses in the Fall.

I agree with being flexible. I was going to study physiotherapy & now I'm finishing massage therapy & I want to get into firefighting, so you just never know.

ive been contemplating a biological science major but now im starting to lean more towards international relations/poly sci or anthropology...

so many choices!

i think i'd like to double major if i could...but not sure how that works...

xinli11 said:
Majored in computer science. Right now getting a masters degree in the same subject.  Will be done in a year, and will continue to pursue a MBA.
[post="1135257"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Cool you are doing exactly what I m doing except for the masters in computer science. Cause I hate computers science a degree is good enough for me.

I m still doing my major though so it will be some time before I start the MBA program. But I know for sure after I m done my degree I m going to pick up a trade so I have the best of all worlds, probably drafting or something like that.

Back