Far Too Long

ok, i'm bored so i thought i'll update

Chapter 3

Slowly he turned the key and pushed the door to his apartment open. He saw his wife waiting for him in the living room and he felt the same wave of guilt wash over him like every other time that he came home after being with Sydney.

“Hey Rach,” Michael greeted as he walked over and kissed her on the forehead.

“How was your meeting?” Rachel asked him smiling.

“Boring.” He replied, feeling even more guilty for lying and doing this to her.

He couldn’t help himself, he loved Sydney but he also couldn’t hurt Rachel by leaving her. It wasn't easy to end a five years marriage.And there was also his job in the hospital that her father was leading.

“Are you hungry?” She asked, already standing up and walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah,” Michael nodded and then followed her.

On the next day at the hospital Sydney was going out of her way to avoid Nadia. And it worked for most of her shift. Unfortunately only for most of it. At the end of it Nadia caught her while changing clothes.

“How did it go?” Nadia asked, anxiously waiting for an answer.

“How did what go?” Maybe playing dumb would buy her some time, time she needed to finish changing and leave.

“You know exactly what I mean.” Nadia rolled her eyes, knowing what Sydney was trying to do and it gave her the answer to her question.

“Yeah,” Sydney sighed, “It went completely wrong.”

“Oh, Sydney.” Nadia exhaled loudly, “Why are you doing this to yourself?”

“I have no idea.” Sydney admitted.

“Do you want me to do it for you?” Nadia proposed.

Sydney chuckled and then shook her head, “That wouldn’t work.”

“Well, it was worth a try.” Nadia shrugged smiling. “But seriously, Syd.”

“Please, Nadia, stop.” Sydney pleaded, “I know what I’m doing.”

Nadia opened her mouth to say something but then decided against it. At the moment it didn’t seem as if it made much sense. But sooner or later Sydney would have to come to her senses and realize what she had to do. Nadia only hoped she wouldn’t get too hurt.

“You wanna go out for drinks?” Nadia suggested, hoping Sydney would say yes so that she would finally be around other people again.

“I guess it couldn’t hurt.” Sydney agreed, giving her a weak smile. She was glad that she didn’t have to be alone that evening. Maybe she would even have some fun again instead of endless thoughts about Michael.

“Great, meet at the ‘Tropical’ around seven?” Nadia said and Sydney nodded in response.

“Thanks.” Sydney smiled at her genuinely.

“It’s about time you got out again.” Nadia replied.

The club was already pretty crowded when Sydney and Nadia arrived there. She looked around, seeing all the happy couples she had to admit that it stung. All she wanted was to have the same with Michael. Being able to go out, letting other people see them together and not only meet in her apartment, spending a few hours together before he left her again.

She let out a light sigh and then sat down on a chair, ordering drinks for Nadia and herself.

“You okay?” Nadia looked at her concerned, seeing her sad face.

“Yeah, just thinking.” Sydney replied shrugging.

“The whole point of coming here was to get you to stop thinking.” Nadia chuckled lightly, “Come on, have some fun.”

“I’m trying.” Sydney tried to give her a smile but it wouldn’t really work.

“Good.” Nadia smiled.

They spend the next hour talking and having a few more drinks. After a while Nadia noticed a guy looking over at Sydney with interest. She nudged Sydney’s side and pointed inconspicuous towards him.

“He’s cute, isn’t he?” Nadia grinned at her.

“Yeah,” Sydney agreed but Nadia could hear that she wasn’t really interested in looking for other guys.

Nadia sighed and then saw him coming over, “Now smile and be nice.” Then she stood up to leave.

“Stay.” Sydney grabbed her wrist to make her stay.

Nadia leaned over and whispered into her ear, “Try, you’ve got nothing to loose and he’s not your boyfriend.” She added and then went over to another table.

“Nadia!” Sydney hissed but Nadia only gave her a wink.

“Hey, do you wanna dance?” He had stopped in front of her and gave her a shy smile.

“I… I’m kinda…” Sydney let her voice trail off. She wasn’t taken, not officially but still it didn’t feel right.

“You have a boyfriend?” She could see his face fell.

On the other hand, Michael would never go out with her, he wouldn’t even admit he knew her more personal than just as a former colleague when they passed each other by on different occasions like conferences so why not dance with him. It didn’t have to mean anything.

“You know what? I wanna dance with you.” Sydney took his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor, deciding to have some fun for a change.

don't forgt to review ^_^

pm list

AliasSydney502
Lovygirl
6helterskelter6
Catpin
syd-157
angels_fire_88
grassyass
superspy
tunita
texasalias2004
Freelancer7315
vaughnshoney
derevkointraining
SpygirlAmy
redwolf88
secret_agent_angel
ChrisM
tubby
aprilsfool6
SydneyVaughn47

sydneymicheal
funkymonkey
vaughnroxmysox
sand2604
angdalton
dandan
KAliasGirl
fire*N*ice
vaughnsgurl4lf
NadiaSantosFan
cookiemonster
Kate_14
gtwallichs
vaughn4eva24
mnkdance963
icaughtmeasark
hannahb
Nadia Weiss
sydofthesea
Jen-Jen

“You know what? I wanna dance with you.” Sydney took his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor, deciding to have some fun for a change.
I'm really glad that Sydney decided to get out there. But I have the feeling that dancing with this guy isn't going to change a whole lot. On the other hand, I can't wait to see Vaughn's reaction when he finds out... or IF he finds out. :smiley:

Great chapter. Thanks for the pm.

I'm glad that Syd decided to dance with that guy...
Micheal can't be feeling to guilty cause he won't stop seeing Syd.
Thanks for the pm.

Great update. Hopefully this will make Michael jealous, he'll leave his wife and be with Syd. (Not that I encourage divorce, but if it's a marriage where no one's happy, it's better than being miserable)

great update
vaughn should leave rachel
and not be such a baby
oo maybe vaughn will get jealous if syd gets a boyfriend

cant wait for next update

OO maybe if Vaughn finds out about Syd and this guy then he will realize how much he loves her and will maybe leave his wife!!!! :angelic:
-Now do we know this character or no!!!
Can't wait to find out more!!! Thanks for the pm!!

It seems to me Michael is more afraid of his father-in-law and what he could do than the pain he'd cause Rachel.

I am happy they Sydney did decide to dance with that guy. She needs to take charge of her own life. And who knows, maybe Michael will find out, get jealous, feel threatened and decide to divorce his wife.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back