For Love Or Money?

good that Michael was there for her
and she better not me pregnant and Julian should get what he deserves...

thanks for the pm

i guess 'one of these days' came tonight. lol

sorry for the d-lay, but its long....

Chapter 9

Morning came all too soon for Michael. He could have stayed curled up with Sydney forever, but they had to go to the clinic. He tried not to think of the fact that she wasn’t wearing much, fit perfectly in his arms, and looked so beautiful next to him as he watched her sleep. After scaring himself by being mesmerized by her for a full half hour, he finally decided they needed to get up.

“Wake up sleepy head.” He whispered near her ear, gently tapping her shoulder.

She rolled into his chest groaning, “Noooo, more sleep.” He laughed at her, also sensing she wasn’t fully aware of where she was at the moment. He just hoped she wouldn’t freak out.

“You gotta get up.” He said in a normal tone, getting out on his side and putting on a shirt. He didn’t want her to flip out when she saw how little they were both wearing. She had enough drama with Julian and didn’t need any more added stress.

She slowly climbed out of his bed, walking towards a wall and almost running into it. She rubbed her eyes sleepily, turning around to face him. She scanned the room, finally landing on Michael.

“Oh, thought there was a door there.” She yawned and he smiled at her cuteness. She looked down for the first time that morning. “Oh felgercarb!” She cursed, grabbing a pillow off the bed and covering her scantly clad body.

“Don’t worry about it Syd.” He walked over to his dresser while she blushed profusely. He dug through his normal shirts until he found an old LA Kings shirt he wore when he was younger. It should fit her perfectly, he thought. He looked through another drawer of bottoms and found some smaller sweat pants. He tossed the clothes to her and turned away so she could change.

“Thanks.” She mumbled when she was finished. He turned around and looked her up and down. She looked extremely sexy in his clothes and the shirt fit her perfectly. “Oh, god, I’m so embarrassed.” She covered her face in her hands and he pulled her into a hug.

“At least you didn’t eat wax this time.” He teased. “Ready to go?” He pulled back and held out his hand for her to take. She took it tentatively, smiling weakly at him. She wasn’t ready to face the harsh reality of what had transpired last night, but with Michael she was willing to try.

--x-o-x--

Sydney heard the doorbell ring almost a half hour after Julian said he would pick her up. She listened as her dad answered the door.

“Hello, can I help you?” Jack asked coldly.

“Yeah, is Sydney ready yet?” Julian asked, being completely disrespectful in her fathers eyes. He peered around Jack’s large frame and looked at their grand entryway. He restrained himself from whistling at the wealth displayed in front of him.

“May I ask why you’re are here, and who you are?”

“I’m Syd’s boyfriend. I’m taking her to the prom.” Julian said, smirking his trademark smirk.

“Oh, I’m sure she’ll be ready in a minute, would you like something to drink?” Jack offered, trying to lead Julian into the livingroom. Sydney knew how her dad was about boys and didn’t want to torture Julian. Even though she was still mad at him being late.

“Julian!” She called. “I’m ready, common let’s go…” She practically ran down the stairs and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him away from her father.

“You look hot.” Julian commented about Sydney’s dress. Not the best choice of words, Sydney thought. Especially since her father was about two feet behind them.

“Bye daddy.” She said sweetly, kissing him on the cheek and pushing Julian out the door. The most important thing was getting away from angry Jack Bristow.

“Be careful with him.” Jack warned as the door shut.

--x-o-x--

“Daddy?” Sydney timidly came in the door around midnight. She saw the light on in the library and glimpsed in the mirror as she made her way back. Tears were streaming down her face and her eyes were red and puffy. She walked into the room and Jack didn’t even look up from his paper. She sniffled and he realized she was there.

“Finally home I see.” He said harshly. She sniffled again and whimpered.

“Daddy…”

“What?” He turned the page in his newspaper and Sydney let out a small sob. “I told you to be careful. It’s your own fault whatever happened.” He folded the newspaper, tucked it under his arm, and went upstairs to bed. She couldn’t stand him. He didn’t care at all. She couldn’t stay in the house, it felt to cold and empty.

She ran outside, sitting on the steps to her front door. Earlier she had been happy, now she was broken and miserable. Her car was still parked in the driveway and she quickly got in.

There was only one other place she could think of.

Michael’s.

--x-o-x--

Sydney stood at the counter, a constant blush on her cheeks, her hand tightly in Michael’s. He could tell she wasn’t going to say anything to the receptionist.

“Hi,” He greeted for her. “I need to get a morning after pill and some STD tests scheduled.” The receptionist smiled politely at him, looking down at her chart.

“Your in luck. We have a cancelled appointment in twenty minutes if you would like that. Will it be for both of you?”

“No, just her.” He nodded in Sydney’s direction, who had hidden herself behind him. He was her shield. He gave the woman Sydney’s name and she wrote it down on a notepad.

“Ok. You two can wait right here and I’ll talk to the doctor.” She smiled again at them and left the counter. Michael pulled Sydney over to some chairs and they sat down.

“This is weird.” He commented after sitting there for a while.

“You’re telling me.” Sydney sighed and looked down at their enjoined hands. “Thanks again for doing this with me.”

“You know I’ll always be there for you Syd. I know we’ve only met four times, but I like you already and I’m willing to help with whatever you need.” He smiled sweetly at her, gently squeezing her hand. She soaked in his words for a minute, remembering the times they had met before. She could only count three, even if she included last night.

“Four?” She questioned.

“Sydney Bristow?” The doctor called.

TBC...

i can't believe that jack acted that way to his only daughter when she needed he help
but i am glad that she still has michael
thanks for the pm

Aww poor Syd!!! How could Jack be soo mean!!!!
-I'm glad Vaughn's there for her!!!
Hmm and what other time did they meet!!!?
-Great update!! Loved it!!

Daddy?” Sydney timidly came in the door around midnight. She saw the light on in the library and glimpsed in the mirror as she made her way back. Tears were streaming down her face and her eyes were red and puffy. She walked into the room and Jack didn’t even look up from his paper. She sniffled and he realized she was there.

“Finally home I see.” He said harshly. She sniffled again and whimpered.

“Daddy…”

“What?” He turned the page in his newspaper and Sydney let out a small sob. “I told you to be careful. It’s your own fault whatever happened.” He folded the newspaper, tucked it under his arm, and went upstairs to bed. She couldn’t stand him. He didn’t care at all. She couldn’t stay in the house, it felt to cold and empty.
Well felgercarb, I can understand not liking a guy that your daughter is dating, but that was harsh jack, didn't even look up from his paper, and then to top it off, blamed everything on her!! :(

Sydney stood at the counter, a constant blush on her cheeks, her hand tightly in Michael’s. He could tell she wasn’t going to say anything to the receptionist.

“Hi,” He greeted for her. “I need to get a morning after pill and some STD tests scheduled.” The receptionist smiled politely at him, looking down at her chart.
Good job Micheal!!! I hope he was clean...

“You know I’ll always be there for you Syd. I know we’ve only met four times, but I like you already and I’m willing to help with whatever you need.” He smiled sweetly at her, gently squeezing her hand. She soaked in his words for a minute, remembering the times they had met before. She could only count three, even if she included last night.

“Four?” She questioned.
Here we go

Great update, awesome chapter... Can't wait for the next one (y)

Back