Forever And For Always

Alright you guys.... Chapter Two! :D
Another update probably wont be until January 2nd.

Chapter Two

She’d learnt the exact address over the years, and slowly she drove down the abandoned street of the old suburban neighborhood. Tenth house in, on the left.

Memories came flooding to her, the years that passed in that house whisking their way to the surface. Sydney wasn’t sure if he’d even remember her name, but she just wanted the steadfast security she always felt when this place was ‘home’.

Pulling the car over towards the curb, she cut the engine, placing her hands in her lap and just stared at the front door. From the door, to the house on the other side of the fence. The white fence, the one they used to meet at every day.

“Syddie,” Michael called over the fence. “Sydney, come play!”

“I can’t.” The little girl sighed heavily, picking up the text book in her hand. “Ms. Smith gaved us homework, ‘member?”

“I gotted it all done.” Michael beamed proudly.

“I didn’t,” she confessed, her bottom lip sticking out some.

“Want help?” he offered, making his journey over the fence and to the patio. “Then you can come see the new lego set Daddy boughted me.”

A smile lit up her face, “Okay.”

It’s funny, how the illusion of perfection appeals to a child, anyone for that matter. To Sydney Bristow the illusion was still there, because that’s the only memory she had of the house. The house that became a loving home where she spent five years of her life.

She must have been sitting in the car for a good twenty minutes before the screen door slamming on the front porch pulled her back into reality. Her eyes quickly darted towards the mirrors and what she saw caused her heart to skip a beat. Standing only a few yards away were two boys, grown boys.

The pudgier of the two slowly made his way towards the car, while the other stood back shaking his head. Sydney swallowed hard, debating whether or not to drive off, or let him approach her.

Her thinking must have set her mental clock off kilter, because the incessant rapping of the guys knuckles on her window came suddenly. She shook her head, clearing it slightly, before pressing the little black button that enabled the window to go down.

“I’m sorry, but are you lost? My friend and I noticed you’ve been out here an awful long time, and if you need directions anywhere I’d be more than happy to point you the right way.” His hazel eyes glistened with happiness.

“No, um, I’m actually looking for someone.” She bit her bottom lip, the nervous habit of hers revealing itself.

“It’s a small town, maybe I know them.” Sydney looked at him more intently as he spoke. His dark, jet black hair was cut short and he had different kind of chin dimple than you’d normally see. He was heavier set then most would prefer, but his friendly attitude seemed to make up for that.

“His name… his name is Michael Vaughn,” she said gulping.

“No felgercarb.” The guy started laughing, and Sydney was slightly taken aback. “Come with me?”

She shot him an ‘I-don’t-know-who-you-are-why-would-I-go-anywhere-with-you’ look, and reached for the key near the steering wheel.

“I know Michael Vaughn, I’m Eric, by the way.” He opened the door for her, and Sydney narrowed her eyebrows slightly. “Eric Weiss.”

A smile lit up her face, the smile that hadn’t been shown in so many years. She didn’t ask anymore questions, but followed Eric up the driveway. With every step she took closer to Michael the more grown up he seemed.

He was built, not the little scrawny boy she remembered clutching to with all her strength. Certainly not the little boy that would spend hours on the swing set with her after school because she wasn’t ‘girl enough’ to go and play with her Barbie’s and other dolls.

“Mike, you know the chick you didn’t want to go see? Guess what! She was lookin’ for you! Aren’t you glad I dragged your ass out here to see what her issue was?” He turned around on his heel, indicating to Sydney to join him only a few feet in front of his friend.

“You were looking for me?” He shot a confused yet curious glance in her direction, his eyes narrowing, searching his mind. There was something about her…

She had known it would be a stretch for him to remember her, but he clearly seemed dumbfounded. Shooting him a shy smile, Sydney took a couple steps closer.

“Yea, I… I don’t know if you remember me but,” Sydney stopped mid sentence when his eyes seemed to grow in diameter. “Are you alright?”

“Oh, my God,” Michael gasped, as he scanned her over quickly, taking in all the features that had come of her in the last ten years. Her smile never changed. “Sydney?”

“No way,” Eric spoke up, his mouth slightly agape.

“Hi.” A shy smile spread across her lips, and she crossed her arms securely in front of her chest.

“Dude!” Eric’s whole face lit up as he wrapped his arms tightly around Sydney, squeezing her tight.

“Air,” she laughed, patting his back gently as he pulled away.

“Sorry.” A blush immediately burned up his neck and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. “Wow, Syd.”

“It’s been… long,” Michael said plainly, with a nod of the head.

“Way, too long,” she replied, her smile fading slightly.

She hadn’t come back for closure, at the simple age of seven she didn’t even know what it was. She hadn’t come back for apologies; it was far too late for that and the initial act caused by powers out of their control. She came back for comfort, the feeling of remembrance, the notion of love.

Finally realizing none of the sort was going to happen she shifted her weight nervously and tucked an invisible piece of hair behind her ear.

“I’m sorry, but my dad was expecting me home a little while ago. It was… really, really great seeing you again.” She painted a plastic smile on her red lips, the illusion of perfection.

“You’re leaving, this soon?” Michael tried not to let her see the disappointment in his eyes. “Are you just in town for the weekend or something?”

“Uhm, actually, I live about fifteen minutes from here, now. We moved back, today actually.” Mentally she kicked herself. How desperate could that have sounded?

“So, you’re going to school in this district then?” Eric budded in, effortlessly pushing their feelings out the door.

“Yea.” Sydney nodded her head slowly. “I’ve… really got to go…”

“Okay, yea. So… I guess I’ll see you around then?” Michael asked as she began to walk away.

“Definitely.” With a final word, and one last sigh, she gave up on what used to be. Her heart,pulling in two different directions but the more sensible one winning over all. With the start of the car engine and her foot hitting the pedal, she left Michael Vaughn behind.

And - The PM list -

fire*N*ice
gucci_94
Alias79
aprilsfool6
AliasSydney502
SydVaughn1001
tubby
smartgirl2004
aliasfan212
Queen of hearts
Julia47Thorne
BrownEyedGirl
74Aliaschickita47
batman
Sarahmañana
LifesMystery
ASIOagent
Ms.MichaelVaughn
vaughnshoney
benzmine
Lovygirl
sydneymicheal
littleangel
mbellsdiva
Chicketepee
cupcake55
Lor_Aliasfan47
sydney_alias_vaughn
tunita
sarkattack
ChrisM
kittykatsmeow
kromrell
alias_chick_47
fieldstation
freckles3706
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
Alwazabrat
ae_gurl293
vaughnsgurl4lf
meghanlyn85
SydneyVaughn47
syd26
undercover_spy
Lost soul
freelancer79
Faye Vaughn
wiseman
AliasBub
Nicky_Bristow
Phoenixwannabe
stella1

PMs will be sent in a second.
Hope you guys like it!
*_Ash

How funny that Eric was the one to approach her in the car and be the one to hug her.
I hope Michael was in shock. That better be the only explanation to his hesitance.
The next time she sees him he better make it up to her.
Sydney is completely disappointed.

“Oh, my God,” Michael gasped, as he scanned her over quickly, taking in all the features that had come of her in the last ten years. Her smile never changed. “Sydney?”

“No way,” Eric spoke up, his mouth slightly agape.

“Hi.” A shy smile spread across her lips, and she crossed her arms securely in front of her chest.

“Dude!” Eric’s whole face lit up as he wrapped his arms tightly around Sydney, squeezing her tight.

“Air,” she laughed, patting his back gently as he pulled away.

“Sorry.” A blush immediately burned up his neck and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. “Wow, Syd.”

“It’s been… long,” Michael said plainly, with a nod of the head.

“Way, too long,” she replied, her smile fading slightly.
He could've welcomed her a little warmer like Eric for example!!
Great update :lol: Can't wait till next one!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :lol:

Aww, I'm so glad she found him, even tough it was a little bit awkward... I can't wait until they go to the same school together...

Great chapter. Thanks for the pm. :D

°°NiCkY°°

“Definitely.” With a final word, and one last sigh, she gave up on what used to be. Her heart,pulling in two different directions but the more sensible one winning over all. With the start of the car engine and her foot hitting the pedal, she left Michael Vaughn behind.

Hopefully, not for long.

However, it was so sweet that Weiss was the one who came to her car and greeted her so openly. At least she'll have one friendly face to see at school.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I loved it ... I think the akwardness was normal...

I can't wait to see how everything is gonna hapen between them :smiley:

Can't wait for the next chapter

That was great ... omg he didnt even hug or shake her hand or anything wrong ... Eric as happier that she was back ... at least he regonized her ... poor Syd ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

no no she wasn't supposed to leave him behind!! NO syd turn back around and see vaughn!!
great update totally love this fic!!
can't wait for more

Back