Garner Changes Name to Affleck

Exactly. When a woman gets married her last name automatically changes to her husbands. Just because Jennifer's name has changed to Affleck doesn't necessarily mean it'll be what she uses professionally.
I agree. It's not a big deal. I plan on taking my husbands name when I get married regardless of how it flows. And even if she did go by Jennifer Affleck professionally that is her business and not ours.

I agree. It's not a big deal. I plan on taking my husbands name when I get married regardless of how it flows. And even if she did go by Jennifer Affleck professionally that is her business and not ours.

Amen to that! I'm going to take my husband's name as well in a legal aspect regardless of how it sounds (meaning my name will be changed on my driver license, social security card, etc). But depending on where my career is at that point I may not take the change in a professional manner.

I don't see why everyone is in a tizz about it. When a woman gets married her last name legally changes (Jessica Simpson was legally Jessica Lachey, but just didn't use that in her line of work). This article doesn't say whether or not Jennifer will change it professionally. Shouldn't affect us one way or another, she's the same person no matter what her name is.

Okay so Bens last name just really sucks. But hey he didn't get a choice in the matter. It doesn't matter what name you put in front of it, it destroys all first names equally. So who cares that Jens name doesn't flow with it, like I said, no ones name ever could. She married the man, And wants to take his name. Let her. The name doesn't make her, she makes the name. If she wanted to use it full out and put it on the big screen because she is proud of her family, then more power to her. In a year or two people will find it odd sounding if someone refers back to her as Jen Garner.

We can't lose sight of the fact that Jen is just a normal person, behind closed doors when she thinks no one is looking she may flick a bugger or two. As do we all. we all need to be thankful that she has shared so much of her life with us and support any decision she makes, because its hers, and hers alone to make.:D

And that would be my opinion in a nut shell! Seeing that no one really cares, I'm going to bed! :rolleyes:

why couldn't Violet be Garner Affleck and not just Affleck... then jen wouldn't have to change her name

it would be too weird for me to start calling her jen affleck

Why is the heck would a kid need two last names?? I would never do that to my kids when I actually have them.

I think she changed her name "personally", but not to the media and stuff. Like, when she makes movies and at IMDB and stuff like that, I think she'll be Jennifer Garner. Many stars does like that. They call themselves their husband's last name but not in the press.........

Why is the heck would a kid need two last names?? I would never do that to my kids when I actually have them.

It's not weird. Many kids have two last names.

but why do they need to have them?

They don't need to, but there are many couples who choose to give their children both last names (or use the mother's maiden name as a middle name). Especially when the parents aren't married, or if the mother chooses to keep her maiden name.

They don't need to, but there are many couples who choose to give their children both last names (or use the mother's maiden name as a middle name). Especially when the parents aren't married, or if the mother chooses to keep her maiden name.

Yes, Gillian Anderson gave her daughter Piper her last name..of course that's because she's a staunch feminist. :D And Beyonce Knowles, well her first name is her mother's maiden name.

I don't think any woman should change her name when she gets married... my mom kept her last name, I got hers and my sister got my dads ^_^

And I'll never get used to Jennifer Affleck :o_O:

People at the end of the day it's a personal choice. I don't think Jennifer is trying to say all women have to change their names if they get married. For reasons, that are her own, she decided she wanted to take her husband's name. If you decide to get married and not take your husband's name then all the power to you. It's Jennifer's life and Jennifer's decision. Why don't we respect that?

Back