Season 4 Greatest Wish for Season 4

1) a great s/v reconciliation...more of them! :love:
2) better-developed plots and subplots
3) more twists and turns with substance
4) some heart-wrenching scenes (i'm such a masochist! :cool: )

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of my beloved Melissa George and her evil character Lauren Reed! I'm one of the few here (but not the only one, trust me), that has loved the addition of Melissa to the show. She is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOO! She may have been awesome in another show but not in Alias! I really don't see a need for the Lauren character in season 4 not unless she's in a few episodes to rap up her story line.

2) DEAD LAUREN: I liked it when she was good - an interesting twist to the S/V relationship. Of course, the fans' hatred made it imperative that she turned out to be a villain. Now just get rid of her once and for all - she's served her purpose. (and she took the limelight away from Syd far too much).

3) S/V together: it's about time for new impulses to keep the relationship interesting.

4) A MASTER VILLAIN: someone who needs to be taken down, who poses a clear and immediate danger to the world, and who has a very clear goal (and collecting Rambaldi tokens does NOT count unless we know what the end result would be). Alias is James Bond for TV, and though we've had SPECTRE-alikes galore, a clear Number One would be very beneficial for the series. And it would be nice if the bad guys could be something else than ex-KGB for a change (personal peeve - the Cold War is over, dudes!). I think the Buffy/Angel formula would work extremely well for Alias : one or two Big Bad Guys per season, with clear goals and plans.

5) A MASTER PLAN: everyone is running around chasing Rambaldi stuff, for no apparent reason than to get it. The show is in danger of becoming a second X-files: all promise, no resolution. Too many loose ends and unmotivated twists piled on one another make for a messy narrative which alienates new viewers and ultimately disappoints the fans (who usually come up with far more outlandish and exciting concepts than the showrunners).

6) The return of Will

7) The return of the real life/spy life dilemma which worked so well for the first two seasons, making this more than a running around/shooting show.

8) Better (MUCH better) fight scenes. It looks like JG has really improved in the fighting department but the shaky-cam approach to the fights is still as bad as ever. Get a HK choreographer in, let him do his stuff (it can be done on TV - the first season of Martial Law had some very good action for a TV show, oftentimes very creative).

9) A final choice with regards to Sloane - he's still a great character (best of the show together with Jack IMHO), but he too is losing focus. Decide what you want him to be and then work from that, rather than keeping every possible option open at all times.

And the return of Irina would be nice. Hey, a big Irina vs. Katya fight to the death with Jack in the centre would be a great season ender!

Definitely agree with all of your points above. I'll add just a few.

1. No Sarkney! But I do feel Sark's character needs to be given some purpose. He just seems to be wondering out in evil land with no real purpose. Does he have any allegiance to anyone, anything?

2. Yes, I like Jack being gray but I wouldn't like him being totally bad/evil. I definitely would be disappointed if it turned out that he does not love his daughter and that after all this time he was only manipulating her all in the name of bringing forth the Rambaldi prophecy. This just doesn't make any sense and it would kill Alias for me.

3. Season 1&2 Dixon!

4. I know its already been said but definitely some happiness and normalcy in Syd's life. Vaughn is a big part of that I feel so please find some creative way for them to be together. I would like to see more conversation between S/V about their relationship and more dating, not just hoping in bed. Syd does not need another LOVE interest, she needs friends. This does not have to be the focus of the show, if done creatively.

The first scene to be a flashback where Vaughn and Sydney climb down into that shaft Lauren fell into and chop her head off.

That'd be nice.

1. More missions that require an Alias. Maybe a deep cover mission for Syd.
2. New mission partner (other than Vaughn) for Syd.
3. New social life (outside of the CIA) for Syd.
4. Loose the SCI-Fi overtones.
5. Don't stab, tourture or beat up Vaughn in season 4 (the poor guy needs a break).
6. Different plots - more like season 1 (there has got to be other bad guys other than Sloane and Sark to go after).
7. Get rid of Kayta.
8. Do something different with Nadia (not CIA).
9. Lighten up...Brighten up the film. Even if they have a night job do something so that we can see what's going on. Same goes for the CIA breifings...I can't see anything.
10. Bring back Kendall, Will and Irina. Maybe Will can be Nadia's boyfriend or something like that.

1. More missions that require an Alias. Maybe a deep cover mission for Syd.

Agreed.

2. New mission partner (other than Vaughn) for Syd.

Definitely agreed!!! :P

3. New social life (outside of the CIA) for Syd.

Ditto.

4. Lose the SCI-Fi overtones.

Yeps.

5. Don't stab, torture or beat up Vaughn in season 4 (the poor guy needs a break).

HAHA! I'd say it's Sark who needs a break!

9. Lighten up...Brighten up the film. Even if they have a night job do something so that we can see what's going on. Same goes for the CIA breifings...I can't see anything.

Yes, thank you! Seriously... (haha :lol: no pun intended)

10. Bring back Kendall, Will and Irina. Maybe Will can be Nadia's boyfriend or something like that.

OMG Thank you again! I miss Kendall. I can't believe some people here hate the man. He is soo cool! :cool:

Les

EVERYONE HERE IS SO SMART! All the posts have good points that I think the writers should seriously consider when thinking about next season. It sounds as though J.J. already is.

1. Yes, I'd like to see Sydney and Vaughn (why do you never call me Michael) together again. At least that'll provide relief that was SORELY MISSING from this season. And who doesn't smile even the TINIEST bit when those two are with each other.
Example: "The drawer. It's yours."
"No one's ever given me a drawer before." SIGH
"Are you romantically interested in anyone?. . .What? It could be a question." And he's looking completely innocent.
"What? No...no." Heartbeat level goes up. SIGH
"Wait, hold on. We should seriously consider this offer." About the hotel room. I was ready to scream yes until I realized that my parents were sitting right next to me. SIGH

2. Yes, more of a REAL LIFE/SPY LIFE scenario. I loved the Will-Francie-Sydney dynamic, something that was never present this season, except for that odd, but touching, episode with Weiss. I want to see Syd smile and grin and make up lies and struggle with telling her friends the truth. Doubt she'll go back to school, considering she's graduated. But that was never a big part of the plot anyway.
Example: "I'm going to take a shower, and then I'm going to KICK YOUR ASS at that video game"
"Go ahead, raid my closet.--Thanks, but I've got boobs."
"Dear so and so, Thanks for the wedding gift, but I'm gratefully returning it due to the fact that my fiance is a low-life, lying, piece of felgercarb (not exact words). Does that sound too harsh?"
"What should the thank you card to Will say? --I had sex with someone."

3. Yes, more of a MASTER PLAN and ARCHVILLAIN. Everything this season was so muddled up in everything else that one of the things I was most looking forward to learning about--Sloane's endgame--ended up being relegated to a subsidiary status and kind of a joke. Hopefully with his daughter, and who knows, maybe even (my loyalties are flexible) Sark, the tide's going to change. If the writers are going to continue using the Rambaldi arc, then please, have a more definitive storyline to go along with it. It was one of the most intriguing aspects in the first two, excellent seasons. This season, it seemed out of place.

4. Additionally, a good thing about Sydney and Vaughn being together is NO MORE LOOKS OF PANG AND SORROW! Hurrah! I don't think I could have dealt with one more episode of seeing these two gaze at each other with pained expressions on their faces--even though that never seems to change for Vaughn. Please, even in the middle of the CIA Rotunda!!! I know that they are SOULMATES, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Be together and have more "I couldn't stop staring at you in debrief.--I know. --I think your father noticed. --I think he did too." That's what WE ALL WANT!

5. gorram SARK, the second best male on the show (anyone want to venture out and guess my first choice?). MORE OF HIM AS A SLICK, CUNNING, ARROGANT, AND SEXY BRITISH BOY AND LESS AS A MAMA'S BOY. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "MY LOYALTIES ARE FLEXIBLE?"
I have to say, I really really enjoyed it when Vaughn, being tortured, remarked: "You know, holding those, you look like you've almost reached puberty." It made me love him, and Sark, even more.

6. More exotic disguises and destinations. This season, it seemed like it was always somewhere weird and unpronouncable in Russia or Eastern Europe (although I know they went many other places). I think it seems like this to me because the places were always so drab and dark and not fun and exciting. What happened to going to India and looking for nukes instead of miniature golfing (Indian here; had to mention it)? What happened to parachuting into a Parisian park, stripping down, and walking away haughtily with a sexy lace dress? What happened to the punk? the Arabic terrorist? the Russian military woman (my dad's favorite, unfortunately; I don't want to think about it)? the awesome, hyped-up music that always accompanied her amazing, fantastical missions??? One of my favorite episodes is "Q & A," in Season 1, when she's recounting how "she keeps busy" with the Smash Mouth song "Diggin Your Scene" playing in the background (even though I don't like the band at all). "Hate to Say I Told you So" at the Vatican with Vaughn. MORE OF THIS and less seriousness.

7. THE CLASSIC CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS! You know what I'm referring to: the unbelievable ones.
Example: "It wasn't me who was KGB. It was your mother." Da-da-duh
"Mom's alive."
When Sydney's stuck at the Romanian mental institute.
"I've been waiting for this for almost thirty years."
Francie: dead or not?
Stuck under the ice.
Dixon recognizing the "Arabic woman" underneath the makeup and clothes.
Dixon's wife being blown up.
Syd being stalked at the nightclub and eventually taken into custody.
Her mom's final betrayal.

8. A more coherent storyline. PLEASE--one that makes sense. The first season was great because it set up the backstory of this amazing woman with an amazing history. It ended with her history catching up with her present and leading to an even more unpredictable future. The second season was amazing because, of course, of LENA OLIN and how they tied in her emotional return with the daughter she never knew but gains the trust of and the husband she betrayed but secretly fell in love with. I loved the Jack-Irina relationship, sometimes, a bit more than Syd-Vaughn. Personally, I think that they should have waited and made PHASE ONE the season finale for that season: it was kind of abrupt but A FREAKIN GOOD episode. Then, we'd have had another season with Francie and Will, saving The Telling for this finale and being introduced to Lauren next season.

9. FINALLY, I just want ALIAS back. Even if it is in January. ABC better recognize that it's the ONLY GOOD SHOW THAT THEY HAVE and shower the cast and J.J. with oodles and oodles of respect and accolades. If 24, a good show, but CONSIDERABLY WORSE than ALIAS, can win a Golden Globe for its show and actor, then VICTOR GARBER AND JENNIFER GARNER AND THE SHOW SHOULD HAVE JUST AS MUCH RECOGNITION. People compare this show to a "stylized music video." Do they realize HOW WRONG THEY ARE??? It has a lot of depth and emotion to it, more than shows like Las Vegas and Joan of Arcadia.

I want to see Sydney and Vaughn work together and figure out how that project SAB 47 was formed. I want Jack to finally tell Sydney the truth about everything his done to her. I dought that will ever happen. Sydney and Vaughn to take their relationship to the next level. That would be great. :lol:

1. I want Lena Olin to come back as Irina and have lots of family moments.

2. Sydney needs to get some friends (who are not evil)...perhaps a new roommate. Syd needs to be happy for once and stop all that crying.

3. There should be more missions like Season One or Two, where the show had more purpose. (in my opinion) ;)

4. A new love interest for Syndey, a love triangle that centres around Sydney...maybe Ethan Hawke can come back and she can develop feelings for him. (It is Vaughn's turn to be jealous)

5. Bring back Anna Espinosa

6. More character development...like Sark, Irina, Nadia (well I guess most of them).

Sydney and Vaughn back together and getting marryed and starting a family, and finding out what the randbaldy device truly is and what it does and acutly kill slone for good bc i never liked him in the first place
ALIASRP.jpg

Flinkman47..YEAH! 5 thorugh 7 all the way. Disguises, Sark, Irina! And I think Rambaldi should wind down a bit. Little too Sci-fi.

vaughnlover22 said:
I want to see Sydney and Vaughn work together and figure out how that project SAB 47 was formed. I want Jack to finally tell Sydney the truth about everything his done to her. I dought that will ever happen. Sydney and Vaughn to take their relationship to the next level. That would be great. :lol:
Actually, they have "taken their relationship to the next level"... :blink:

Les

:blush: I want the next season to focus on Sark, Jack and Syd as the main characters... With Syd and Sark in an alliance... But I know that won't happen. :P

Les

Will and Irina and what ever happend to Anna E. More Sark too i mean i know he is
evil and all but he is still cool and there is no great show with a great evil person.

A believeable story line

Some people like Francie and Will to be there for Sydney

A clue about Rambaldi - I mean wtf?? Intriging but highly annoying at the same time

For Vaughn and Syd NOT to get together - someone new would be cool

More Sark and plenty of him .... as per the old Sark

alias1164 said:
^Hey, you want syd to be evil???? That'd be weird.
No lol IMO Sark is still ambiguous as to his "loyalties," and I think they can both be ambiguous together. ^_^

So, Syd wouldn't be CIA anymore, but she wouldn't necessarily be evil. That's what I want. But again... not gonna happen. :P

Les

nance said:
To concentrate on ONE THING... just to focus on something!

Season one: Sydney's double life at SD-6 and her father.
Season two: Syd's mother and a new relationship with Vaughn, take down of SD-6.
Season three: a mish mosh of Lauren Frickin Cow Reed, Syd, Vaughn, Dixon's half ass character nowadays, Jack in a little, Will gone, Sloane weird. :blink:
Season 3 was CLEARLY about Syd's missing 2 years, the Covenant, the Passenger which ended up being Sloane's endgame, Lazarey's murder.

Which Season did you watch?

Back