High School

S

Sarah

I am going to High School in the fall. I am 13. I am going to years early! Because (not to be vain) I am very smart,
But I am realy scared! what do I do! I could realy use some Encouragement. Thanx

~Sarah

Just try and have fun there while you can. Make friends and be yourself. Also, try and make your schedule easy on you and it'll make high school a lot more fun.

Believe me, before you know it, 4 years will be over and the next thing you know, you'll be wearing a cap and gown and graduating. That's how I look at it now. Hope this helps you.

I'm a freshman now... its not as bad as it seems :smiley: Yeah, dont try to jam a lot into your schedule. Its much nicer to have a free period, trust me :smiley:

Supposedly they wanted to put me ahead, but my father wouldn't let them because they did that to him (he was even smarter than I am--he was the smartest man I have ever met) and he didn't think it was good for him. But, you know, I don't think that it makes that much of a difference. If you're smart, you're going to be "different," so if you're a little younger and smart, then you're just a little more different. God, that sounds depressing, doesn't it? But when I was in high school, I still seemed plenty different. No one ever asked me out (my husband thinks I intimidated guys because I was smart). Yet, I still had a pretty good time--it was a matter of attitude. I'd accepted the fact that I didn't quite fit in and was willing to go on from there. There were plenty of people who accepted me for what I was. One day someone told me, "I like you. You're a brain, but you're not like the rest of them. You're not snooty about it." I kind of liked that.

I don't know if that helped at all! I look back at it and it still doesn't sound nearly as upbeat as I wanted it to. If you ever want a sympathetic ear, I'm here.

I was a 13-year-old freshman and didn't turn 14 until after my frosh year. Now I'm a 14-year-old soph. Don't worry about it. Just have fun!

SarahCharlie said:
I am going to High School in the fall. I am 13. I am going to years early! Because (not to be vain) I am very smart,
But I am realy scared! what do I do! I could realy use some Encouragement. Thanx

~Sarah
i'm going too except don't worry. tons of my friends have skipped grades and it'll be fine. i think it'll be fun. new things to do. better grades to get. new impressions to make. lots of things.

Thirteen and going to high school? That must be pretty scary... -_-

Well just make the best of your situation and hold your head up high. You'll soon make great friends and high school will be fun. :smiley: :smiley: (And if you wanted to know, I'm a 15-year-old sophmore.)

I was 13 when I went into high school (I turned 14 in December Freshman year, now I'm a 15 yr old soph, turned 15 last Dec) and it wasnt that bad. It was a lot better than I expected.

I'll be 14 when I go into 9th grade... but I know one person who will be 13 when they go into 9th grade another who will be 15 (and 16 mid-year).... so it all evens out.... in a way.

Good luck (y)

I'm going to highschool in the fall too. I really don't think it will be that bad. At my school they have block scheduling which means that their will only be 4 periods a day!! I can't wait!! :redhair:

High School is nothing big. The truth is that it doesn't really have to matter, it's only 4 years. If you love it, then you can always have those good memories with you. If you don't then you are free to forget it. It's not that big of a thing

Hey, i was forteen and a month! :D
I skipped the ninth grade and when I was dropped into deciding what to put on my schedule I thought "hey, those AP courses look fun!" ...little did I know the horror of overdoing it with Advanced Placement in your first year of highschool. Other than that it was pretty good and I made it! (its my last year)
Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I got a senior in my Ap Gov't class who is 15. I feel stupid just being in his child genius presence considering he started early as well and is now the highest ranked in my school.
:D :D :D
It's not bad at all. Have Fuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

You will be fine. I have been the youngest of my class since ever, because I skipped a year, and I am doing great. I - 13 for the whole year- did better then half of the 14 y-olds on 8th grade, and now on 9th grade, everyone will turn fifteen, while I remain 14, but that doesn't matter much. It's all on your head. Really. My advice: have fun, and never compare youserlf to the others. You are you, end of business.

I have wonderful friends who are 15, 16, and even some who are 17 (but those are not from my class.)

I am at advanced class, but I don't let the pressure get me. Do the same. And you'll do fine!

Just, have fun! btw, where do you live? Here in Brazil school is starting next week... but i thought it started on the middle of the year there.

no worries, sarah. I was 13 too when i started hs ( i turned fourteen right after we started on Aug31) it's not all bad. I would just say this:
Learn your schedule, and find shortcuts! I had the worst schedule first semester because i went back and forth all day across school. So i had to find shortcuts going around the building and stuff. hs's a breeze though, just be yourself, and have fun! I doubt you'll even get picked on like most ppl think. All the seniors were really kool at my hs. ;)

Back