High School

This is my first year of high school, grade 9. I'm not nervous, more excited. How does everyone else feel about this. If ur already in high school or done how did u feel when u started?

~Andrea :angelic:

:lol: what Province are you in? teehee. I think High school is much funner than Elementary, but also the work load is much heavier. It really is when you get to test your self dicipline and really who you become, and what direction you'll head towards for the rest of your life is really determined in these four short little years. ;)

I ... don't quite remember how I was when I first started, but I remember hating geography a lot and only got 87 or something the first two semester but I pulled my ass together and managed a 92 in the end because having an 80 something in Geography is just bad. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

i have to go to high school in a week and i am sooo scared, because you hear of the froshings and such, but i guess after that it's not so bad. (i hope)

Well.. initiation has pretty much been eliminated here because too many people were getting hurt. High school's not at all like what it seems on TV... at least not mine. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

I think the school im going to has gotten better but last year was really bad people were droven to the middle of no where and given like 50cents to get back :thinking: thats was only one time but ya alot of people he were getting hurt but i guess after the first week they stop.

All I can say is, if you hang out with the right people, you won't get yourself into more trouble than you'd like. ;)

I thoght high school was a big improvement over middle school. I liked the added freedom they gave you and that you got to pick your classes. I didn't face much critisim form the older kids. The 10th graders were the ones that disliked us the most, but the seniors and juniors didn't pay us any attention. I even found that i was teased more in middle school than high school. And don't worry about the work either. The teachers might try and scare you but it's not that bad. :smiley:

Ooh, I remember my first year. I got so tired. All the stairs. And there were so many times where I got lost or walked into the wrong classroom. But that probably won't happen to you, my school's pretty big. We had a thing called freshmen fridays at my school. It's not that bad though. Well not as bad as it use to be. Back when my brother went, they put freshmen in trash cans and stuff. <_< but now it's just egging. Haha one year, they made everyone wear their ID cards, and the freshmen's IDs were yellow, everyone elses were red. So it was like a target sign. :lol: Hmm I'm not helping. I think like 1 out of 30 people get egged now... probably less. It's not as traditional. :P

The fun thing was that no one knows what year anyone else is. Well no one can be sure unless they ask. Once a friend of mine was trying to figure it out during our project. She was like, "So your a junior?" no... "AWW, your a sophmore??" no.. "Senior?" (she made a snickering kinda sound) nope, "You're freshman? That's so cute!!!" :blink:

I also really like having off campus lunch.

I loved freshmen year! It was so easy. And it's seeing familiar faces from elementary school.

Haha, I remember the summer before my freshman year, when I got the PE clothes, I tried them on at home and looked at myself in the mirror going "yeah, I'm in high school! Yaah." :rolleyes: :lame:

We had a Grade Nine day where all the seniors took all the juniors out into our field (where the track and the soccer field was) and there's like water games and all these stuff (shaving cream is another one ;) ) it's not bad though. I think what it really comes down to is safety first.

I dunno... Overall, it's not so much scary as exciting. You no longer live in a classroom but you have to live out of your locker so that might be a challenge if you're organizationally challenged. :lol: I dunno I do think i'ts an imporvement over elementary or middle (depends on where you are in Canada) schools. Just ... dont' slack off. First year is easy enough that you can get decent grades by not doing anything but later on... ;) Eventually you'll get used to living off 5 or 6 hours of sleep and even survive a day with only say 3 hours of sleep. :lol:

Ooh that comment about sleep is too true!! (n) During school I can fall asleep 2 seconds after I hit the pillow, but in the summer it takes half an hour.

Seniors take juniors out to play games? Isn't that a good thing? :P

Don't worry about the not much sleep thing your first year. Unless you go to a hard school. Hmm.

And when people tell you the years will go by fast, they do. :mellow:

First day of high school was really exciting!! I had lots of fun running around the school looking for my classes. :lol:

Ahh one year left. :o_O:

Ooops, sorry, I mean Senior takes freshmen out to play games. :lol: Wasn't thinking straight. ;)

I dunno grade 9... it's not too bad. My school's definitly not easy but grade 9 was okay especially since you have to take all those useless compulsory classess that no one gives a damn about. It really comes down to time management (and Mandy, who refreshes AA every five minutes or else she can't think straight procrastinates a lot. :lol: )

The year does go by quickly though. If your first report card is... well... less than impressive, get your ass in gear because i'ts gonna take you a hell lot longer than the time between then and your next report card shows up to catch up.

I don't... remember much about my first day. :mellow: It's all a blur really because what it really comes down to is the classess you enjoy and the things that you learn. ;) (as cheesy as that sounds)

One more year left for me too. I dunno if I'm ready to get the hell out of there or ... stay a bit longer. ;)

Oh one thing I did not like about moving from elementary to high school: Exams. ;) Big, hugeass owie. This year, Between the Sunday night before my first exam and the thrusday night before my last exam (5 nights) I think I slept a cumulative of 22 hours. I had to pop 2 Advils that week. (I usually don't get headaches and my mom started freaking out. ;) )

My first year i was petrified. I went to catholic school for K-8th grade, and I never did any of the things there. We didnt have lockers, we didnt have to swim, like some of the public schools did (i dont now though but im just saying)

I was clutching my schedule and i was sooo scared! I even went to the wrong class and was late to my other one. I walked into the one i was late to, and eveyone looked at me, and there was like 60 kids in there, and i was like oh my god this is so embarrasing. It couldn't have been any worse!!!

Lol but now i know where to go and what teachers expect. and i dont use a lock on my locker because I CAN NEVER OPEN IT LOL

thank god, this year and next year ill be graduation...
wow, its pretty damn scary.

good luck though lol it won't be that bad. i just went to catholic school so i didnt really knwo anyone cept the kids who went to my school. so yeah it shouldnt be that bad for you!

I remember my first day. For english, the person who was suppose to be my english teacher left the school, so I had a subsitute for the first day of school. This went on to be subsitutes for the whole first semester of the year.

For my freshmen year, the teachers expected their kids to be lost and late. Except for the mixed grade classes. And it really didn't help that the shape of the rooms were similar to the shapes of the room on the next floor.

Haha, freshmen year, I had three lock combinations memorized. I couldn't handle it so I stopped using a locker.

Ooh make sure, for your first few days, make friends!! Make friends in your classes too. You want to make sure your friends with some classmates before all your classmates make friends with each other, excluding you. That happened to me for one of my classes. I was pretty shy. Still am!! Gotta get rid of it...

And do things that make sense! I.E, if you have bad eyesight, don't sit in the back. :rolleyes: I've done that. :lol:

:lol: I've done that too! except not my choices. We had to sit in alphabetical order because the teacher was a moron <_< ;)

I'm usually all for sitting in the front. Helps me concentrate more. ;)

And do make friends. Espeically friends who you think you like to work on group projects with, because trust me, when that time comes, you'll hate yourself for not having anyone to work with. ;)

froshing at my school wasn't too bad. Our prefects (like a student coucil) took the grade nines tot he football field and we played games at like 8 at night. I didn't do a lot cause I had broken my wrist the day before. Which actually turned out to be a good thing cause people are nicer to you when you are hurt, so it makes it easier to make friends. :eek:

The advice for making friends, is very good. Especialy if you miss a class and you need notes or answers to a test :Ph34r: :rolleyes:.

my freshman year, I was very nervous cause I came from a class that had 5 grade eight grads out of a school with 200 kids. So, it was a big step seeing a lot more people.

^What kind of games do they play with the freshmen? :blink: Like good or bad?

I came from a school with like... 800 kids maybe? Then it was 3000 in high school. 200 isn't so bad! I knew some people who only had 100 kids at their high school. :o_O:

Oh yeah, alphabetical seating charts are popular. <_< It's suppose to help the teacher memorize our names(that's what one of my teachers said), but how does that work if the order is by last name?

Sitting in the front is a good way to make sure you stay awake, if your the type of person that gets sleepy easily.

If it's a big school, talk to your teachers outside of class from time to time so you can get good letters of recommendation later on.

yendys47 said:
oh man. I'd do anything to be a freshman rather than a junior :lol:
[post="1469424"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: junior year is rough. Good luck girl. :hug:

Back