High School

Well my junior year I took two AP classes and one honors...

It's when most people get ready for those SATs and other standardized tests. I mean it happens fall of senior year, but that's just the fall.

Junior year is the year where you realize your only half way through high school and it's seems like it'll take forever to end. Two more years!! :o_O:

And we gotta start thinking about that college/university stuff.

It's so weird how school goes by so slow, yet so fast. :confused:

I remember my first day of school on junior year. I had like 5 hours of homework. That's just wrong. First day homework is just suppose to be parents signing a bunch of papers!

I kinda had to start giving up TV shows! :cry: I gave up all of them except Alias. But then all these commercials came on during Alias, so now I watch all these shows that come on ABC. :lol: I started spreading back to the other networks during the summer though.

But senior year, people actually realize they took on too much junior year and start relaxing. Err, taking less rigorous courses. And we get to have one period less.

But don't worry, junior year isn't that bad ;)

:lol: and if your'e Canadian (and this varies where from education board to education board) but it'll most likely be the first time you take more than one science, one english and one math. The homework load definitly gets heavier. You really really really want to get good marks because grade 11 marks are also important in university applications.

Junior year is definitly when you start to think, oh man, I can't wait to get out of here.

I dont' think I gave up on that many tv shows actually. I've always been a procrastinator/multitasker. but I did give up on some. Basically on average about an hour of tv every night (but not really because some nights I watch two and some nights I dont' want at all but average ;) ) and 3 on Sunday night. So it wasn't too bad, but summer definitly gave me a chance to catch up on shows.

Senior year is when most people take a spare (some of my friend still didnt' take a spare this year, idiots :rolleyes: ) and you definitly get use to this heavy workload and you know when you should get things done and how well you should do them etc.

So ya, junior year is definitly... not the best. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

Junior year isn't that bad....its the first time that you experience really being busy and classes that are actually really challenging....but personally, I thought the worst is the last 2 months of your senior year. Everything is finally coming together and you have so much to get done. They were the most fun 2 months of my high school career, but also the busiest....

Itz tha Dreila said:
nothing. i'm going to be a junior this year (finally) and i definately prefer it over being a freshman
[post="1470390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just wanna go back to freshmen year! But everyone is different. Wait, you haven't experience junior yet, so you can't say anything! :P

The games that I had watched were people sitting in a blow-up pool full of liquid food waste (juice, milk, soup, cereal, thick gravy) from the whole week and having to dunk their heads and singing the abc's. Than there was a huge food fight with eggs, ketchup, mustard, syrup water, water balloons and flour. There was also a slip'n'slide where people would throw water balloons and jello at the people sliding. Finally, there was a question game where if you missed a question you got either a balloon/egg/flour ball thrown at you or you had to do a dare.

There are other froshings that go on in houses (because my school is a boarding school, everyone has a house - it is more like a university dorm/frat house). These ones are a little bit more harsh, but everyone agrees to do them (like getting hit with paintballs) :angelic: .

yeah, bascially!

you should see what my school calls snake dance. :lol:

every house comes together and go from house to house, like a snake and join up at one point of the school and builds a huge fire (it's massive, like 15 feet high). but everyone is dressed up in the school colours and burn jerseys from other schools. We also yell chears and stuff at each other. This goes on for about two hours.

We used to march in the streets around our school but the residents complained. There was also an incident when a car was in our schools way so we marched over it. :lol: :angelic:

so, I guess you can say our school has a lot of spirit :rolleyes:

Aww, it sounds like you guys are one big happy family! ^_^ That does sound fun. Our school isn't as traditional as it use to be. The penalties for egging freshmen get really strict, so people kinda sneak it. And some freshmen just don't look like freshmen. I look like a freshman. :angelic: But we have things like senior streak and stuff.

Hmm a snake dance. Would that make the snake a mascot.

I went to a school that has about 350 people. It wasn't too bad Freshman year, everyone is just stuck up about people being freshmen. :rolleyes: Fitting in wise, Freshman year is the worst, because everyone is commenting about stupid Freshmen. but it gets better Sophomore year, because no one gives a felgercarb. :lol: just hang around your friends and you'll be fine. ;) Suck up to teachers too if you can, a lot of them got very leanant on me for essays on tests and when they'd quickly scan my study guides for grading they missed two or three wrong problems. :lol:

sd6452 said:
Hmm a snake dance.  Would that make the snake a mascot.
[post="1470590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, it's the tiger. It's called snake dance cause we make a really long line that twists and turns like a snake.

I had a real horrible attitude my first year of highschool. I'm not the person to be scared or nervous of a new school, but I didn't get exicted. I told myself it was just the same as the last years, so what was the big deal? That part is pretty true, but I regret not feeling excited because I really just let first half of that year fly by without doing anything really. Make sure you get involved with anything you can, and your time at highschool will be a blast! ^_^

sd6452 said:
Wow!  The tiger is such a common mascot.  I think you're the fourth school I know with that mascot.
[post="1471076"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

really? there aren't any schools with the tiger around where I am, or the schools we play in sports. but the fighting irish is very popular here, even though there aren't a lot of people from ireland.

I'm from Austalia I'm in my senior year now Year 12

and high school started in year 8 all I rember is that I go To an Agricultural school and we just learnt about animals, crops, wine and stuff like that
it was really easy for me coz I grew up on a farm

fong_11 said:
really? there aren't any schools with the tiger around where I am, or the schools we play in sports.  but the fighting irish is very popular here, even though there aren't a lot of people from ireland.
[post="1474323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: I understand why a tiger would be common, but a fighting irish is kinda random. There's a middle school near here that has a tiger as the mascot, a friend of mine from camp has the tiger at their school, and another friend at their old school... then there's you! Four. :smiley: Hmm it makes me want to start a topic on mascots.

We have alot of animal mascots where I live. Lions, Tigers, Bulldogs, Eagles. And then my school is kind of out there with the Rocket mascot :blink:

And in Marching Band they have a Freshman Beater that's made out of METAL. We're all like "Uh... yeah" RUN :D

Back