Home to Stay

awwwwwwwwwwww i love this so much
i've just had time to read it and read it all in one sitting
thanks for the pm when u started the fic
sorry its taken me soooooooo long to reply
and i can't wait for the next chap

luv Chicketepee ^_^

Chapter 26
(yes, I know July 1 isn’t a Tuesday, but I don’t really care; it needs to be for the story, so there :P)

-July, 2006-

Sydney could hardly believe it when she received an e-mail at work and noticed the date read Tuesday, July 1, 2006. How did it get to be July already? Michael’s movie premiere was the following day
You can make it any day of the week you want. It is AU.
That day at the airport she was having horrible flashbacks to when he left before and didn’t call her like he promised. There he was, promising to call her all over again, and she wanted to believe him but her once-broken, now mended heart wasn’t so sure. She then proceeded to threaten him that if he didn’t call her, she’d hunt him down and beat him to death with his phone. Michael, realizing her threat was far from empty, volunteered to call her from the plane, but she assured him that calling the moment he landed would suffice.

He called her the moment he was able to get cell phone reception after getting off the airplane, which put Sydney’s worrying at ease, but still, she missed him.
I'm glad he understood how important it was for him to call.
After that phone call and one later that evening, she didn’t hear from him for three painfully long days. Apparently, the director of his movie (which had had it’s title changed so many times already that they just started calling it ‘The Movie’) decided that it was imperative that the cast ‘bond’ together before filming began.
That movie is starting to sound like it will be a dud.

In short, Michael learned that the woman playing Amy was the most self-centered, whiny, needy person he had ever met in his entire life. By the end of the two days, he was ready to kill her. Though she felt bad that he had to work with someone who annoyed him so much, Sydney found this to be a good thing. After all, Michael’s character was romantically interested in her character, thus, Sydney assumed there would be some kissing and close interaction between them and she preferred that Michael wasn’t attracted to her in the least. The fact that he was repulsed by her was simply an added sense of security. Not that Michael kissing another woman in the acting sense bothered her; it didn’t. She had learned back in their senior year of high school that stage kisses were simply that: stage kisses. Still, there was some room for worry. After all, Michael, she trusted, the other tramps, she did not.
That's good that Sydney doesn't have to worry about his co-star. She is correct in not trusting those other tramps. They probably wish he was interested in them and if he even says hello to them they tell the tabloids that they are in a deep relationship with him.

Then, she settled down on her couch with Ophelia in her lap, trying to calm her nervousness about her first ‘public outing’ with Michael and the paparazzi cameras.
Can't wait to see what the tabloids say about her.
When her cab dropped her off at the hotel, Sydney had never been so thankful to see Michael waiting in the lobby for her (since she had called him on her way there, telling him she was only minutes away). She launched herself into his arms and clung to him tightly. “I missed you so much,” she sighed into his shoulder.

He pulled back and kissed her sweetly. “I missed you too and I’d love nothing more to talk with you for hours right now but we really need to get going soon,” he said, cringing slightly. Sydney nodded, knowing that the twenty minute delay of her plane had put them behind schedule.
I loved that little exchange.
“You look beautiful,” Michael sighed once she emerged, fully ready to go.

“Yeah? You think this shirt’s alright?” she asked cautiously.

“Perfect,” he said, kissing her cheek softly. “I’m going to have the best arm-candy there.”

She laughed. “I am not arm candy.”

“Yes you are,” he beamed. Then, he linked his hand with hers as they made their way out of the hotel room and down to where a large, black SUV was waiting to take them to the premiere.
Keep complimenting her Michael. She needs that from you.

Almost every reporter asked Michael who the woman latched onto him was and each time he responded that she was his lovely date, those words exactly - nothing more, nothing less. Sydney only noticed this after the third time he had said it and she was immediately confused, wondering why he had said this instead of saying that she was his girlfriend. It wasn’t until ten minutes later, when they had escaped to the interior of the movie theater that she was able to ask and Michael explained, “If I told them your name or that you were my girlfriend, they’d start hounding you and trying to figure out who you were. If you’re just some date, it makes them less likely to dig.”

“Oh,” she smiled softly at his thoughtfulness. Then, she kissed his cheek gently as a thank you.
He probably should have told her ahead of time what he was going to say so she wouldn't have to get confused and ask him about it later.

I'll bet some of the tabloids figure out that she is the same person he was with in LA. Wonder how long it will take for them to figure out who she is.

Yo.

Long time no see.

Been busy, you know the deal-ish type thing.

Anyways... umm yeah. Good chapters.

Lol... I don't have much to say - ever.

-I walk the lineeee :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Chapter 27
Sydney was actually surprised at how much she enjoyed Michael’s movie premiere. Before she went, she was already sure she’d enjoy the movie itself: first, because Michael was in it, and second because the trailer for the movie looked interesting to her. What she hadn’t anticipated on enjoying was the whole premiere experience and atmosphere, mostly because, at the time, she had been too worried about it.

The screening itself was a surreal experience before since, never had she been seated in the row behind the actors that were appearing on the large screen in front of her. The after party was interesting since she was there when all the first reviews came in and the actors discussed how much they liked the final film. As an overall bonus, of course, there was the fact that she was able to spend time with Michael. Unfortunately, that time was short lived, because barely fourteen hours after they were reunited, they were broken apart once more so Sydney could return to work.

Luckily, that time, they would only be separated for eight days. At that time, the filming of the movie would be completed in Los Angeles and the crew received a two day break before filming started up again in New York. Sydney was shocked that Michael’s ‘month’, which was actually twenty-seven days, of filming in LA was over already, but she wasn’t complaining; she was glad to have two days with him. Michael told her that the second filming in LA was wrapped, he was getting on a plane and coming to Virginia and staying until the very last possible second, when he would leave for New York and make it there just in time. Sydney hadn’t quite realized though, that when he said ‘leaving the very second filming stopped’ he had been quite literal.

Michael was practically skipping as he made his way to Sydney’s apartment. He fumbled with his keys in one hand, searching for the proper one to open her apartment door, while his other hand clutched a small duffle bag. The rest of his belongings had been shipped straight to the set in New York. It was Saturday afternoon and he figured Sydney would be out shopping, thus his need for the keys. He had planned on taking a short nap when he arrived, but his plans vanished when he heard a rather high pitched screech and a cat hissing from his position just outside the door.

Quickly, he dropped his bag and opened the door at lighting speed only to be met with a spray of water. “What the hell… Syd?!” he called.

“Michael, thank god! I’m having….a problem,” she whimpered slightly at the end.

After pulling his bag inside and shutting the door, Michael took three steps down the hall so that he was able to view the kitchen, where Sydney’s voice was coming from. When he saw the scene inside, he burst out laughing so hard that he doubled over and had to rest his hands on his thighs for support. Sydney was crumpled on the kitchen floor drenched from head to toe in rather murky looking water. Her arm disappeared into the cabinet under her sink where there was a trickle of water flowing out onto her kitchen floor. Up on the kitchen table sat Ophelia, trapped by the water, looking forlorn.

“What…happened?” he managed.

“I don’t know!” she wailed. “I dropped my grandmother’s ring down the drain… and I freaked and I had to get it out so I tried to take the sink apart and it exploded! Look at me!!”

“It’s okay I’m going to help you, but first I have to help Ophelia - look at her,” Michael said, gesturing towards the poor stranded pet.

“Wait, hold on!” Sydney stopped him before he set foot in the kitchen. “Take off your shoes, socks and pants,” she instructed. He gave her a strange look. “They’re good clothes don’t get them dirty!” she explained.

“I’ll just buy new ones,” he rolled his eyes before kicking off his shoes and removing his socks, but going into the kitchen still wearing his pants. He carried Ophelia to the safety of the family room before returning to the kitchen and crouching down beside Sydney. “Move your hand, I can’t see.”

“Do you know anything about plumbing?” she asked, raising her eyebrow and keeping her hand firmly around the pipe.

“I’m an actor; I don’t know anything about anything,” he said.

“You know stuff about AHHHHHH, DON’T DO THAT!” she screeched when he turned a valve under the sink, sending water spraying at them both. “I already did that…twice.”

“Thanks for the warning,” Michael grumbled and wiped some of the water from his eyes with the back of his hand. “Did you get the ring out?”

“Yeah, it’s on the table.”

“Okay, then we’ll just put this back together,” he said, as though it was obvious and would be the simplest task in the world. However, he couldn’t have been more wrong. By the time the sink was put back together properly and water had stopped spraying from it, Sydney and Michael were drenched and laughing at each other’s appearance.

“Oh god, look at my kitchen,” Sydney groaned at the pools of water covering her tile floor. She struggled to stand, her bare feet slipping on the wet tiles, and sloshed her way over to cabinets across the room from which she pulled two sponges. She tossed one to Michael.

“What are we gonna do? Wash the floor?” he asked with confusion.

“No, we’re gonna soak up the water and dump it into the sink.”

“One sponge at a time?!” he asked in horror.

“Do you see a better plan?” she asked, sounding rather annoyed. He didn’t, so he grumbled and began sponging up the water to wring into the sink.

It took them over half an hour until Sydney’s floor was relatively dry, by that time, their clothes were soaked through and slightly dirty from the grimy water that had been trapped in the sink pipes. “We’re disgusting,” Michael pointed out with a grimace.

Sydney grimaced in agreement and looked down at herself, deciding the best course of action. “Well…take off your clothes here… I don’t want this junk dripping into my bedroom on your way to the bathroom,” she said with a sigh.

He shook his head at her. “There you go, tryin’ to get me to strip again,” he sighed as he slipped his shirt off

She laughed and said with a slight smirk, “Wouldn’t be the first time.”

He laughed loudly before dumping his clothes directly into the washer along with hers. Then, he grabbed his bag from the hallway before heading back through the bedroom to the bathroom, Sydney at his heels. He walked into the bathroom, paying attention mostly to the bag in his hands he was digging through, and was surprised when he heard the shower turn on behind him. Taking that as a sign that Sydney would be using the shower first, he went to leave, but she grabbed a hold of his arm, keeping him inside the bathroom as she shut the door. Then, wordlessly, she took the bag from his hands and set it down on the ground before pulling him towards the shower.

~*~

After their shower, Sydney returned to the kitchen to finish cleaning up their mess, glad to be grime-free. It was only a few minutes before Michael came up behind her and pressed a kiss into her wet hair as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “You’re still coming to visit me next weekend, right?” he asked softly in her ear.

She turned around in his arms and smiled up at him, “Of course. It’s all arranged. How could I miss an opportunity to visit a real movie set,” she said in an overdramatic tone.

He laughed softly. “As opposed to those fake movie sets that are everywhere.”

“Right,” she smiled. “So… glad to be free of Rain for a few weeks?” Sydney asked, referring to his co-star, the one playing Amy in the movie. Michael practically growled. Sydney laughed, “You know, I would have expected someone with a name like that to be all ‘Hey man…peace,’” she said in a very relaxed tone.

“But she’s not. She’s the devil,” he said through gritted teeth. “And moving to the mountains means it’s just her and me in scenes. AWFUUUUUUL,” he whined loudly.

“Aw, but just think how fun it will be to watch her ‘die,’” she said with air quotes.

A smile broke out across his face. “Very, very true.”

I love the fact that Michael has his own key and when he walks into the apartment and realized what happened he starts laughning at her.

Great update

texasalias

Then, wordlessly, she took the bag from his hands and set it down on the ground before pulling him towards the shower

You get the picture :angelic: about what's on my mind there :lol:

Poor Ophelia... I'm pretty sure she got the scare of her life when that sink exploded HEHE...

The ideas you come up with :lol: tsk!

Back