Hurt

S/V

Cadet
This is my first fic., so please be nice, but be honest!!

OK, I don't own Alias, (cause then Lauren wouldn't exist) It's belongs to Bad Robot and ABC and Disney.

This is S3, but only the first part of the first episode happened. Vaughn is married and Sydney just got a new boyfriend. (It's like a month after the whole 'Telling' thing.)

Sydney walked in to the CIA, excited for the day. Last night she and Jason had decided to be a couple.

Screw Vaughn! she though. He broke my heart and now it's payback!

Before she even was through the doors, Jason was coming towards her.

"Sydney! I missed you!" He said, kissing her lightly.

"Over night? Oh, dear." She replied, sarcasticly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that I love seeing you, ok?" he said, pretending hurt.

"It's ok. You'll want me away soon enough." she said smiling.

"Who could ever push you away!" Sydney suddenly thought about Vaughn, and Jason knew it from the expression change on her face.

"Oh, Sydney, I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."

"Forget it. I am so over him." She smiled.

"Oh, I forgot! We're supposed to be meeting Kendall for debriefing in...now."

"Kay, let's go!" She said, smiling. Vaughn had hurt her so bad, and now she was gonna get him back.

"Agent Bristow, Agent Calder, you're late." Kendall sneered as they walked in.

"Sorry sir, it won't happen again."

"Yeah, sure. Alright Bristow, you will be heading out on a mission in Paris in 3 hours. We have a lead that Sark and Sloane will be at this club." A picture of a brigtly lit, Vegas style club came up on all of their screens. "You will arrive 2 hours early. They should be there tonight at exactly midnight, Paris time. Your partner will be Agent Vaughn. He will come in with you posing as your dancing partner, or date, or however you would like to put it."

"Do we actually have to dance?" Sydney asked, worried that the answer would be no, although trying, and succeeding, at hiding it.

"Yes, as part of your cover, you two will have to act just like the rest of the bunch of hooligans there until Sloane and Sark arrive."

"Wouldn't it be better if I was her partner?" asked Jason.

"I have heard about your recent 'connection' with Agent Bristow, but I'm afraid Agent Vaughn will be going on this mission. Agent Weiss, you will be in the van outside. All three of you will be staying in the Hilton down the street over night. I have three rooms booked." He emphasized. "Dismissed."

Vaughn was speechless. Sydney had watched his eyes as Kendall said the word 'connection.' They grew wide, and then they sulked. Sydney was sure he would be a little sad, but the deep depression in his eyes, now his whole face, saddened her too. She thought she had wanted Vaughn to feel the way she had felt. But instead, it just hurt her.

Whatcha think???? I'm sorry if you there are any spelling/grammar mistakes! Reply!! I can have more up tonight if ya want!

Thanx! S/V

pm me! awwwwwwwww! I love it! yes just keep typing just keep typing just keep typing........... :P you know the song!

This is AWESOME!! :jump: I love what you have done with it so far. Great beginning. Pay back is a bi*ch. I can't wait to see Vaughn :cuss: Jason out. I love the jealously, and at the end Sydney feeling bad. Can't wait for you're next chapter. Can I get a pm? :D Please! Thanks, and great start.

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Ok, new installment! Sorry, my internet was not working for a couple days!

Vaughn and Sydney boarded the plane, along with Weiss and Dixon. Dixon was also going to be in the club, but he was posing as a bouncer.

Sydney felt awful. Vaughn constantly looked as if he was about to burst into tears. Sydney had never seen Vaughn like this, not even when he broke the news to her about her two years. All she wanted to do was hold him, or better yet, be held by him. She knew that she needed to talk to him. But she found it hard to even look at him without bursting into tears, and the last thing she wanted to do right now was sob in front of him.

Vaughn still couldn’t believe this. He should have seen it coming, but he just didn’t think that it would be so soon. Sydney had moved on. She no longer needed him. And I never even told her that I loved her. He thought. And now that chance is gone, because she has that creep Jason to tell her. He now knew how she must have felt. No wonder she hates me. I am going to die on this mission. I have to go in and act like a college frat boy around Sorority Chicks on Spring break, and I can’t even kiss her. Suddenly his mind flashed back to just before they had boarded the plane.

*Flashback*

“Alright honey. Be safe, and come back to me.” Lauren said.

“I will,” he said turning.

“I love you Micheal.” No one was around them, so no one heard his response.

“I know.” He said walking onto the plane. Lauren couldn’t believe her ears. She was so hurt. Vaughn felt horrible. “I…love you too.” He said. But in his mind, he added ‘Sydney’ to the end. He looked at Lauren and smiled. She still looked hurt, but was relieved he had said that he loved her. Suddenly Sydney and Jason caught his eye.

“I’ll come home soon! I really have to go.” Sydney said, frowning.

“Alright, but not before I say good bye properly.” He smiled and kissed her. Vaughn’s heart broke. He turned into the plane.

*End Flashback*

Weiss couldn’t take the silence and tension. Stupid Mike. He got himself into this. He thought. But then again, she was dead…And then there was Sydney, who was equally upset. He got up and went over to her.

“Syd, we need to talk. Privately.” he said, sounding serious.

“Ok,” she sighed. She sounded tired and depressed. “Where?”

“The room next to the c*** pit.” They got up and went to the room. Vaughn watched and his and Sydney’s eyes met. He couldn’t take it. He turned and put his head in his hands, trying not to let the tears or pain show. Sydney heard a small whimper, barely audible, escape Vaughn. Her heart ripped into two. Weiss pulled to into the room, knowing that if she watched Vaughn for much longer, she would burst into tears.

“What did you want to talk about?” she asked, trying to sound fine.

“Do you still love Vaughn?” he asked.

“What?” She was shocked by the question.

“Do you love that man out there who goes by the name Micheal Vaughn?”

“What does this have to do with anything?” she retorted angrily. The tears were welling up in her eyes.

“It has to do with everything.” Sydney knew that Weiss already knew the answer, he just wanted to hear it from her.

“With all my heart.” She looked at the floor. The tears were threatening to come out, and she was sure she couldn’t stop them.

“So why are you with Jason?”

“Because I thought that I could get back at Vaughn for all he did to-“ she was cut off by the captain’s voice on the intercom.

“We will be landing in a few short minutes, so we would like to ask all of the agents on board to please take their seats.”

“Syd, Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.” He tried to tell her. He knew Mike loved her too. He would tell him about his and Syd’s little chat and then maybe things would be better.

The plane landed and they all filed out. Vaughn’s face was slightly puffy and red. Sydney looked at the ground, not letting the others see the few tears that fell. There were two limousines waiting for them. With their cover, Vaughn and Sydney were a very rich young couple, who lived off their parents hard earned dough. Weiss and Dixon were their body guards. That meant that Sydney and Vaughn ended up sharing a limo, while Dixon and Weiss, the other.

“I hope that they come upon some agreement in there.” Said Dixon. “That silence and tension on the plane drove me crazy.”

“I know what you mean.” Weiss and Dixon settled themselves into their limo, after watching Vaughn and Sydney’s pull away.
Vaughn and Sydney sat in silence for quite some time.

“I need to change.” Sydney said, as they were about twenty minutes from their destination.

“Ok, umm…. Driver?” he said as he put the glass tinted glass down that separated them. “Looks like I’m going to be up by you for a minute.” He dove over the seat and put up the glass, giving Sydney her privacy. She changed quickly, hating not having Vaughn near her.

“Honey, you can come back now.” She said, smiling.

“Oh, ok.” He climbed back over and put the glass up once again. Once again the small compartment was quiet.

“Syd, I think we should talk.” Vaughn sighed.

“About what?”

“Jason.”

“Why?”

“I’m just wondering how…things are going for you.” He asked facing her.

“We’re fine.” She paused. Now or never she thought.

“That’s good.” He wished she had said that he was a total jerk and that she hated not being with him.

“Vaughn, that’s a lie. Our relationship is weak. I can’t lie to you, so I’m going to tell you the truth. And the whole truth. I thought maybe if I had a boyfriend that you would get jealous and you would suffer the way I do. But seeing you suffer, it…it…it hurts a thousand times more than you ever did. I’m so sorry.”

He was shocked. He expected her to be her stubborn self and not say anything more.

“I guess then it’s only fair that I tell you the truth. I hate being with Lauren. I mean, she’s nice, but…only as a friend. I wish I was with you. I wish I could hold you, and kiss you, and be able to express my feelings for you without worrying about my nagging wife back at home.”

“What feelings?” Sydney asked, hoping that she would get the response she needed to hear.

“My love for you. I love you more than anything. I can’t take it anymore. I need to be with you.”

“I love you too.” They looked deep into each other’s eyes, smiling. Vaughn leaned in, Sydney did too. Just before their lips met, Sydney stopped.

“Not yet. You’re still married.” She hated saying that, almost as much as Vaughn hated hearing it.

“You’re right. But please Syd, let me hold you.” That was something that Sydney could not resist. She let his arms wrap around her. She put hers around his middle and he just held her. When they stopped, they once again looked at each other.

“Ready?” he asked her, smiling.

“More than ever.”

They stepped out, smiling at each other. Weiss and Dixon had already arrived. They saw the look on their faces and knew something had happened.

OK, I wrote this in like an hour, so it's not the best, but whatever. :P I'll try to have some more up soon! Thanx for the reviews!

Oh, btw, I'm really new, so can somebody help me learn to PM?? Thanx!

S/V

Ok, sorry it took so long! Hope ya like!!

“Hey, ah, Mike? You ok?” asked Weiss, seeing the look of pure happiness on his face.

“What? Oh, yeah, yeah. I’m great.” He and Sydney were still looking at each other dreamily.

“Hey, sorry to disturb this happy moment, but we gotta get ready. We have to be at that club in like, twenty minutes.” They all headed in to the hotel, Sydney and Vaughn with their fingers entwined. They checked in and headed upstairs. Sydney once again had to change. She put on a red halter top with a midcalf leather skirt. She put on knee high leather boots to match. She curled her hair into loose ringlets and put it half up. She put on very dramatic black eye liner, mascara, and bright red lip stick. Vaughn came out of the bathroom, his hair wet, and he wasn’t wearing a shirt.

“Sorry, I left it in my..bag… wow, Syd, you look amazing.” He said, his jaw hitting the floor.

“Thanks, you’re not looking too bad yourself.” She smiled at his shock. “But you might want a shirt. It’s pretty cold out there.” He put on a black muscle shirt and messed up his hair some more.

“Alright, let’s get Dixon and Weiss, and then I think we’re going clubbing!” Vaughn exclaimed. Sydney took his hand and they headed out.

“Aww, what a cute couple!” said Weiss upon seeing them together.

“Weiss, just shut-up, would ya?” Vaughn said, shaking his head.

“Don’t you think we look cute, Vaughn?” Sydney asked, with a fake seriousness.

“You might look cute, but I prefer to be called handsome or something a slight bit masculine.” They all laughed at him and they went down to their limos. When they arrived at the club, it was packed.

“This is going to be interesting.” Vaughn said.

“Who cares? Let’s have some fun!” Sydney pulled him onto the dance floor they started dancing. They danced and talked and joked for nearly two hours when Weiss radioed them.

“Ok, guys, I just saw Sark get out of a white van out front. Take him down.” Vaughn pulled Sydney to the front of the club. They immeadiatly saw Sark duck behind a few people. They followed him, although this was not an east task. When they caught up to him, he jumped from Vaughn pulling at his collar. He fell to the floor.

“Hello Sark. How are you today?” Sydney asked, standing over him.

“Agent Bristow, how nice to see you. Yes, then everything went according to plan.” He smirked. “And Agent Vaughn, Irina will be pleased.”

“What are you talking about?” Sydney was fuming.

“The information that led you to find that I would be here tonight was placed intentionally in the CIA databank. We wanted the best agents away when we conducted our raid.”

“What raid? What are you talking about?!” Vaughn was mad too now.

“The Covenant sent in a team tonight to raid the Los Angeles CIA office. And it’s all thanks to you Agent Vaughn.”

“What are you talking about?!” Sydney asked.

“Tsk, tsk, Agent Vaughn. You didn’t tell Agent Bristow about your ‘contacts?’”

“Vaughn? What’s going on?” Sydney was almost in tears. Vaughn had betrayed the CIA?

“Syd, look, this isn’t the best place. Let’s get Sark to Weiss and Dixon, and then I’ll explain everything.”

“So you mean to tell me that you have ‘contacts’ in the Covenant?! Vaughn, how could you do this?!” She was fighting to keep the tears away.

“Syd, trust me. We’ll talk.” Sydney looked away as the a tear fell.

“Weiss, we got him. And he said that the Covenant gave us the Intel to capture him tonight. Sloane isn’t here at all. The Covenant is supposedly already at Headquarters, carrying out a raid.”

“What?!? Well, get Sark out here. Then… I don’t even know. Are you sure this Intel is valid?”

“Positive” Vaughn sighed.

Well, there ya go! Evil Cliffhanger!!

Enjoy!
S/V

Back