In My Life

This is a really good story. I can't wait for Car to find out Vaughn is her father. :woot: Could I get a pm? :D thanks. :P

I loved the falshbacks!!!!! They were so great! :D :D I can't wait for the adults Sydney and Vaugh to get together. And also for Caroline to finally know about her father.
Thanks for the PM!
Veronique

so.. how much angst is minimal angst? :eyebrow:
oooh Janet i :love: the flashbacks. (y) they're cute. (y)
oooooh and 4th of July. bless them. :2love:

update soon :smiley:

~steph

ok u guys im soooooooooooooooooo giddy today cuz my best friend who i havent seen in 5 months (cuz she was studying abroad) is comming over!!!!!!!! YAY!!! *does weiss happy dance*

Chapter 11
On May 12th, her 15th birthday Carolyn walked into school with only a small smiled on her face. However once she walked into French class and found a rose sitting on her desk her smile grew much broader.
“What’s that?” Marc asked as he came in behind her.
“I dunno.” She shrugged. She walked over to the rose and picked up the card that was lying on top of it. Happy Birthday was all it said. It was signed with a heart, nothing more. Carolyn giggled as she sat down in her seat.
“What do you have a secret admirer or something?” Marc asked.
“I don’t know but who ever it is they’re very sweet.” Carolyn beamed.
“Yeah I guess.” Marc sighed.
“What’s your problem?”
“I dunno... its kinda creepy... like someone is stalking you.” Marc said.
Carolyn rolled her eyes at him. “Shut up and don’t ruin this for me.” She sighed. He just shrugged and turned around to face the black board. Carolyn placed the rose gently atop her books and giggled at it.

“Oh Carolyn, happy birthday.” Mr. Vaughn said casually as he came in the classroom.
“Oh thanks... wait how did you know?” Carolyn asked.
Mr. Vaughn shrugged. “I’m the teacher; I know everything.”
“Right.” Carolyn laughed.
“I do.” He insisted.
“Do you know how to speak Russian?” Carolyn asked.
“No.” Mr. Vaughn laughed.
“Then I guess you don’t know everything.” She sighed.
“Alright fine...” he laughed again.

~*~

“Hey Mom guess what I got!” Carolyn shouted when her mother came home that day.
“A birthday cake?” Sydney asked.
“Well yeah Aunt Nadia gave me one but that’s not what I meant.” Carolyn said.
“Ok then, what did you get?”
“A rose” Carolyn beamed.
“A rose? From who?” Sydney asked.
“I dunno.” Carolyn shrugged. “It was on my desk in French class when I got there but no one signed the card.”
Sydney smiled to herself. “Well I guess it was someone special then.”
“Mmmhmm maybe I have a secret admirer.” Carolyn smiled.
“Maybe,” Sydney laughed slightly. “I’m going to change; I’ll be back in a few.”
“Okay.”

Once in her bedroom, Sydney picked up the phone and dialed Michael’s number.
“Hey.” She said.
“Hey Syd.”
“You gave her the rose didn’t you?” Sydney asked.
“Oh... yeah... did she tell you about it?” Michael asked.
“Apparently it’s all she talked about all day.” Sydney laughed.
“Seriously?” Michael asked.
“Mmhmm Nadia said all she talked about was that rose and who could have given it to her.” Sydney said.
“Oh well I’m glad she liked it.” Michael sighed.
“Yeah... thank you, for doing that. It means a lot.” Sydney said.
“Not a problem, it was actually really... cool, for lack of a better word.”
“Really?” Sydney laughed.
“Yeah I mean when I bought it I was like... this is for my daughter, my daughter.”
Sydney smiled, although she knew Michael couldn’t see it over the phone. “Well I should go...”
“Right I don’t want to keep you. Give her a hug for me please.”
“Of course, goodbye Michael.”

Chapter 12
“So how’d you find out?” Michael asked when he and Sydney got together again, two days after Carolyn’s birthday. “About Carolyn that is.”
“Well...” Sydney sighed.

*FLASHBACK – 15 years earlier, August 31*
Sydney screamed from inside the bathroom.
“My god, are you ok?” Nadia, who had been passing by, asked. “Syd? SYD?” She didn’t answer. Nadia opened the door slowly and found her sister sitting on the edge of the bathtub, looking like she was about to pass out.
“Syd are you alright? What’s the matter? Are you sick?” Nadia asked. Sydney didn’t move; she didn’t make a sound but tears flowed steadily down her face. “Syd?” Nadia asked again, crouching down next to her sister. Then she saw something on the floor, right beside Sydney’s foot.
“What’s this?” She asked as she picked it up. Her eyes grew wide. “Syd, is this a pregnancy test?! What does this mean?” She asked, looking at the little mark on the window. On the counter she saw the box the test came in and she reached for it. Upon further examination, she found something horrifying.
“Syd, are you pregnant?” Nadia asked in horror. This time Sydney slowly nodded her head.
“I think I am.”
“ARE YOU CRAZY? WHO THE HELL DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH? YOU’RE ONLY SIXTEEN!” Nadia shouted.
“You’re not helping Nadia.” Sydney sobbed.
“I’m sorry.” Nadia sighed. “Who is it? It’s that boy from the lake isn’t it? Michael?” She asked; Sydney nodded. “Are you going to tell him?”
“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Sydney cried. “What am I going to do?! I start 11th grade in three days! Oh god, oh god, oh god.”
“Syd,” Nadia sighed, hugging her sister tightly. “You have to tell Mom and Dad.”
“They’ll hate me.” Sydney sobbed.
“Probably, but its best that you tell them; I mean they’ll figure it out eventually.” Nadia sighed.
“Yeah... I guess.” Sydney sighed.
*ENDFLASHBACK*

“Oh Syd...” Michael sighed. “I wish I could have been there.”
“No you don’t actually. My dad would have ripped you apart.” Sydney said with a slight laugh.
“True but... at least you wouldn’t have been alone.” Michael said. Sydney gave him a fleeting smile.

*FLASHBACK – later that day*
“Mom, Dad....” Sydney said shakily. Nadia had an arm around her sister’s back, fearing if she let go that Sydney would collapse. “I have to tell you something.”
“What is it Sydney? You look pale, sweetheart are you alright?” Irina asked.
Sydney shook her head. “I’m pregnant.”
All the color drained from Irina’s face.
“Sorry, did you just say you’re pregnant?” Jack asked in disbelief. Sydney nodded tearfully. “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU’RE SIXTEEN!!!!” Jack boomed.
“I’m sorry.” Sydney cried as she collapsed down on the sofa.
“WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! IT WAS THAT... THAT ... THAT BOY! WASN’T IT!” Jack said, his face turning red from anger.
“His name is Michael.” Sydney said.
“I’ll kill him.” Jack growled.
“Daddy!” Sydney cried.
“Don’t Daddy me young lady. No daughter of mine would get pregnant without being married and at least over the age of 20. No, I won’t have it! You cannot have a baby!” Jack shouted.
Sydney began to cry harder. “Dad!” Nadia gasped.
“Go to your room Nadia; I need to speak with your sister.” Jack said harshly. Nadia refused to move. Jack glared at her; then she left.
“You listen to me Sydney; you cannot have a baby.” Jack said.
“Dad no! Please, I want my baby!” Sydney cried.
“Then you’ll live on the street and I mean it!”
“Dad!” Sydney cried, sobbing so hard she could barely catch her breath.
“Jack” Irina said quietly, up until the she hadn’t uttered a word; she was too much in shock. “Sydney, go to your room; your father and I need to discuss this.”
Sydney bolted from the couch as she heard the yelling begin. She barely made it to her bed before she collapsed in hysterics.

~*~

Almost two hours later Jack and Irina finally stopped yelling and found their daughter curled up in a ball on her bed. Irina went over and sat by her side. Jack barely came in the room at all; he just stood in the doorway.
“Sydney,” Irina said quietly. She didn’t move. “Sydney the way we see it you have three options. You could have an abortion...”
“NO!” Sydney said, sitting bolt upright in bed. “No I can’t!”
“You could give your baby up for adoption or you could keep it.” Irina sighed.
Sydney thought for a moment, her hands protectively covering her stomach. “I want to keep it.”
“Sydney babies are a huge responsibility...”
“I know but I want to keep my baby!” She insisted. She glanced briefly at Jack who was growing more livid by the second.
“Sydney....” Irina began.
“I want to! And I can do it! I’ll go to school too and college and I’ll graduate. Please, please don’t make me give up my baby!” Sydney begged.
“Alright,” Irina sighed. “As long as you agree to keep your grades up I’ll agree to watch the baby while you’re at school, but only then – other wise he or she is your responsibility.”
“Yes! Yes of course thank you! Thank you.” Sydney said as she reached to hug her mother, but Irina stood up out of her daughter’s arms.
“One last thing,” Irina said. “What about the boy, Michael?”
Sydney thought for a moment before answering. “I don’t want him to know.”
“You’re sure?”
“Yes.” She sighed.
Irina nodded. “Get some sleep Sydney; your life is about to change forever.” Irina said sadly as she left the room with Jack leaving Sydney to cry herself to sleep.
*END FLASHBACK*

Sydney wiped a few tears from her cheek as she finished telling Michael what happened. “Hearing the utter disappointment in her voice almost killed me. They never looked at me again.... ever...”
“Syd...” Michael sighed. He slid over on the couch and pulled her into a hug. It was all he could think to do after she had gone through so much, so very much. She willingly wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder.

A few minutes later Sydney pulled herself out of his arms and laughed slightly. “No you should be glad you weren’t there... it would have been much worse.”
“Wait I have a question... you never answered my phone calls ... except for that one... but it was in late September... you knew then.” Michael said.
“I did.” She nodded.

*FLASHBACK – late September*
“Sydney Michael is calling again.” Nadia groaned.
“I’m not here.” Sydney sighed.
“Syd he’s just going to keep calling.” Nadia sighed, handing the phone to her.
“Fine.” Sydney groaned as she threw down her pencil. She grabbed the phone and went into the bathroom and shut the door. Then she turned on the sink water so no one could hear. Before saying hello she took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her nerves for what she was about to do.
“Hi Michael,” She said shakily.
“Hey Syd, what’s with you? You haven’t been taking my calls.”
“Yeah I know look I’m sorry but... this is just too hard you know. That was a wonderful summer, the best summer of my life but... we’re only 16; we can’t have a long distance relationship. It just won’t work. I’m sorry... I do love you but... I’m sorry.” She said in one long breath trying to hold back her tears.
“Oh...” Michael said in a somewhat hurt and confused tone. “Okay then...”
“Goodbye Michael.” Sydney said quickly. Then she hung up the phone before he could respond. Then she broke down into violent sobs once again; that had been the hardest thing she had ever done.
*ENDFLASHBACK*

“You should have told me.” He sighed.
“Why? What would you have done Michael? What would you have done?” Sydney asked.
“I don’t know!” He shouted. “But I would have done something. That phone call broke my heart but… if I had known…”
“Then what? You would have felt guilty and obligated to do something and then you would have ended up resenting me.”
“What?”
“Yes you would have and I know it. So it’s just better off that you didn’t know because I couldn’t have lived with that. It ended happy or as happy as it could have ended. That’s the way it was supposed to be…” She said. He just looked at her. “I’m sorry; I have to go.”
“Alright… bye…” He sighed as she walked out the door.

PM LIST
Alias_rocks_87
Sydney A Vaughn
maddy28
PoketRockets11
texasalias2004
Sydney L Bristow
sexcivaughn14
syd26
rileylovesalias
aliasfancarrie7
Ms.MichaelVaughn
sydney_alias_vaughn
MontrealRocks
msu_ruby
aliasfreak8903
Lovygirl
littleangel
LifesMystery
smartgirl2004
Bamse
julesvartan
alias_luver
luckylass
alizas
sabbiee_co
stealthy
Alwazabrat
shotput25ash
vaughnsgurl4lf
gucci_94
Mountaineer4746
agentmoose
KAliasGirl
WindyStar47
mrs.marshal030791
hannahb
batman
Vaughnlover15
aliaschiksv47
wanttobew/MV
mightylittleone
vaughnshoney
aliasdancer007
mbellsdiva
fire*N*ice
helpleessromantic
aliasgirl89
Nancy O
freckles3706
anyaherrera
catfishally
emotionalrescue
SydVaughn1001
vaughnroxmysox
SydneyVaughn47
ubielecki
unauthorized_girl
frangipani
superspy
Addicted 2 Alias
berry_kyoote_spy88
deranged_girl
ChrisM
broe4ever929
anji_alias
ams4alias
freaky
oooRevesDouxooo
SydneyAnneVaughn
Alias79
fieldstation
NebraskaLuvsVaughn
gonnabfamous07
ToughCookie47
ohiochic2010
cute_as_candy
alias=mylife26
aliasdancer007
mountaineer143
peanutbutter
Brinne
SYD96
littlemissliketofight
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Bubbles

Poor Syd, So sad that she had to go through all that alone. But Vaughns there now if only she'd let him help her.

Great update

Thanks for the PM

:cry: that was so sad... poor michael! she should have told him, but hindsight is great in retrospect!! awesome chapter, thanks for the pm!

Great chapter. At least they are talking and trying to work at the problem. I thought that it was really cute that her French teacher gave her a rose.

texasalias

:smiley: :smiley:
an earlier update than usual! :smiley:

that means... quotes! :D

On May 12th, her 15th birthday Carolyn walked into school with only a small smiled on her face. However once she walked into French class and found a rose sitting on her desk her smile grew much broader.
i :throb: daddy Vaughn.
(y)
:love:

“What’s that?” Marc asked as he came in behind her.
:rolleyes: he can see, right...? :rolleyes:

“I dunno.” She shrugged. She walked over to the rose and picked up the card that was lying on top of it. Happy Birthday was all it said. It was signed with a heart, nothing more. Carolyn giggled as she sat down in her seat.
“What do you have a secret admirer or something?” Marc asked.
Vaughn, her father, signed it with a heart?! :blink:
but he's not exactly a secret admirer, no, Marc... 😆 that would just be... ew. :puke:

“I don’t know but who ever it is they’re very sweet.” Carolyn beamed.
“Yeah I guess.” Marc sighed.
“What’s your problem?”
“I dunno... its kinda creepy... like someone is stalking you.” Marc said.
Carolyn rolled her eyes at him. “Shut up and don’t ruin this for me.” She sighed. He just shrugged and turned around to face the black board. Carolyn placed the rose gently atop her books and giggled at it.
betcha Marc's thinking "day-um... why didn't i think of that...?" 😆
awwwh she's cute with the rose... :smiley:

“Oh Carolyn, happy birthday.” Mr. Vaughn said casually as he came in the classroom.
“Oh thanks... wait how did you know?” Carolyn asked.
Mr. Vaughn shrugged. “I’m the teacher; I know everything.”
“Right.” Carolyn laughed.
“I do.” He insisted.
“Do you know how to speak Russian?” Carolyn asked.
“No.” Mr. Vaughn laughed.
“Then I guess you don’t know everything.” She sighed.
“Alright fine...” he laughed again.
thats so like a conversation you'd have with parents... :lol: i think i had that conversation the other night...

"Hey Mom guess what I got!” Carolyn shouted when her mother came home that day.
“A birthday cake?” Sydney asked.
“Well yeah Aunt Nadia gave me one but that’s not what I meant.” Carolyn said.
“Ok then, what did you get?”
“A rose” Carolyn beamed.
“A rose? From who?” Sydney asked.
“I dunno.” Carolyn shrugged. “It was on my desk in French class when I got there but no one signed the card.”
Sydney smiled to herself. “Well I guess it was someone special then.”
“Mmmhmm maybe I have a secret admirer.” Carolyn smiled.
“Maybe,” Sydney laughed slightly. “I’m going to change; I’ll be back in a few.”
“Okay.”
:banghead: can. they. please. tell. her!!
its driving me insane... :lol:
i really should learn patience, huh?

Once in her bedroom, Sydney picked up the phone and dialed Michael’s number.
“Hey.” She said.
“Hey Syd.”
“You gave her the rose didn’t you?” Sydney asked.
“Oh... yeah... did she tell you about it?” Michael asked.
“Apparently it’s all she talked about all day.” Sydney laughed.
“Seriously?” Michael asked.
“Mmhmm Nadia said all she talked about was that rose and who could have given it to her.” Sydney said.
“Oh well I’m glad she liked it.” Michael sighed.
“Yeah... thank you, for doing that. It means a lot.” Sydney said.
“Not a problem, it was actually really... cool, for lack of a better word.”
“Really?” Sydney laughed.
“Yeah I mean when I bought it I was like... this is for my daughter, my daughter.”
Sydney smiled, although she knew Michael couldn’t see it over the phone. “Well I should go...”
“Right I don’t want to keep you. Give her a hug for me please.”
“Of course, goodbye Michael.”
:hug: *huggles Michael*
he's cute... the whole "my daughter" thing. *sigh* aww. :love: :love:

*FLASHBACK – 15 years earlier, August 31*
Sydney screamed from inside the bathroom.
“My god, are you ok?” Nadia, who had been passing by, asked. “Syd? SYD?” She didn’t answer. Nadia opened the door slowly and found her sister sitting on the edge of the bathtub, looking like she was about to pass out.
“Syd are you alright? What’s the matter? Are you sick?” Nadia asked. Sydney didn’t move; she didn’t make a sound but tears flowed steadily down her face. “Syd?” Nadia asked again, crouching down next to her sister. Then she saw something on the floor, right beside Sydney’s foot.
“What’s this?” She asked as she picked it up. Her eyes grew wide. “Syd, is this a pregnancy test?! What does this mean?” She asked, looking at the little mark on the window. On the counter she saw the box the test came in and she reached for it. Upon further examination, she found something horrifying.
“Syd, are you pregnant?” Nadia asked in horror. This time Sydney slowly nodded her head.
“I think I am.”
“ARE YOU CRAZY? WHO THE HELL DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH? YOU’RE ONLY SIXTEEN!” Nadia shouted.
“You’re not helping Nadia.” Sydney sobbed.
“I’m sorry.” Nadia sighed. “Who is it? It’s that boy from the lake isn’t it? Michael?” She asked; Sydney nodded. “Are you going to tell him?”
“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Sydney cried. “What am I going to do?! I start 11th grade in three days! Oh god, oh god, oh god.”
“Syd,” Nadia sighed, hugging her sister tightly. “You have to tell Mom and Dad.”
“They’ll hate me.” Sydney sobbed.
“Probably, but its best that you tell them; I mean they’ll figure it out eventually.” Nadia sighed.
“Yeah... I guess.” Sydney sighed.
*ENDFLASHBACK*
:hide: :hide:
Jacky is not gonna be happy... :hide:

“Oh Syd...” Michael sighed. “I wish I could have been there.”
“No you don’t actually. My dad would have ripped you apart.” Sydney said with a slight laugh.
“True but... at least you wouldn’t have been alone.” Michael said. Sydney gave him a fleeting smile.
and that would have been a perfect moment for...
1) :hug:
2) "Sydney, i'm so sorry.... yahdah yahdah..."
3) "Vaughn its not your fault... i never regretted anything about us... and those (however many weeks) were the best of my life..."
4) "same here... do you ever wonder what would have happened if... y'know"
5) "Sometimes... i wonder if we'd still be together..."
6) "Yeah, me too."
Syd: Do you think we would be?
Vaughn: Honestly? Yeah.
Sydney: Me too.
:hug: :xoxo:
:smiley:

but i'm guessing you'll put one hell of a lot of angst in first... :hide:

“You listen to me Sydney; you cannot have a baby.” Jack said.
“Dad no! Please, I want my baby!” Sydney cried.
“Then you’ll live on the street and I mean it!”
“Dad!” Sydney cried, sobbing so hard she could barely catch her breath.
“Jack” Irina said quietly, up until the she hadn’t uttered a word; she was too much in shock. “Sydney, go to your room; your father and I need to discuss this.”
Sydney bolted from the couch as she heard the yelling begin. She barely made it to her bed before she collapsed in hysterics.
:hug: *huggles syddiepie*
yeah so Jacky = not happy.
:cry:
he'll let her stay though, rightey? :poke: right? :thinking:

Code:
“One last thing,” Irina said. “What about the boy, Michael?”
Sydney thought for a moment before answering. “I don’t want him to know.”
“You’re sure?”
“Yes.” She sighed. 
Irina nodded. “Get some sleep Sydney; your life is about to change forever.” Irina said sadly as she left the room with Jack leaving Sydney to cry herself to sleep.
🇳🇴 they have to tell him... they can't just not tell him!

Code:
Sydney wiped a few tears from her cheek as she finished telling Michael what happened. “Hearing the utter disappointment in her voice almost killed me. They never looked at me again.... ever...”
“Syd...” Michael sighed. He slid over on the couch and pulled her into a hug. It was all he could think to do after she had gone through so much, so very much. She willingly wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder. 

A few minutes later Sydney pulled herself out of his arms and laughed slightly. “No you should be glad you weren’t there... it would have been much worse.”
“Wait I have a question... you never answered my phone calls ... except for that one... but it was in late September... you knew then.” Michael said.
“I did.” She nodded.
okay i have a mental thing of her saying "i did" in the way that Vaughnie did when she said to him "you got married?!" at the very very beginning of s3. :cry:
thats a nasty thought. :cry:
but they're sitting close and :hug:
thats good... :smiley: :smiley:

Code:
“Hi Michael,” She said shakily.
“Hey Syd, what’s with you? You haven’t been taking my calls.”
“Yeah I know look I’m sorry but... this is just too hard you know. That was a wonderful summer, the best summer of my life but... we’re only 16; we can’t have a long distance relationship. It just won’t work. I’m sorry... I do love you but... I’m sorry.” She said in one long breath trying to hold back her tears.
“Oh...” Michael said in a somewhat hurt and confused tone. “Okay then...”
“Goodbye Michael.” Sydney said quickly. Then she hung up the phone before he could respond. Then she broke down into violent sobs once again; that had been the hardest thing she had ever done.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
thats so sad... :cry:
b-b-but... they love each other. she can't have just said that. can she?
*goes and checks*
omv, she actually did.

Code:
“You should have told me.” He sighed.
“Why? What would you have done Michael? What would you have done?” Sydney asked.
“I don’t know!” He shouted. “But I would have done something. That phone call broke my heart but… if I had known…”
“Then what? You would have felt guilty and obligated to do something and then you would have ended up resenting me.”
:hug:
*hugs them both*
forgetty the past and moooove on. (y) then they can get back together and live happily ever after.... (y)
rightey?
:eyebrow:
:thinking:

Code:
“What?”
“Yes you would have and I know it. So it’s just better off that you didn’t know because I couldn’t have lived with that. It ended happy or as happy as it could have ended. That’s the way it was supposed to be…” She said. He just looked at her. “I’m sorry; I have to go.”
“Alright… bye…” He sighed as she walked out the door.
Will she get back there already!!! :mad:
then they can be happy... :Please:
Janet you are wonderful and i know it'll end happy (right?) but please... fixify this. soon. :Please:

amazing chapter :smiley:

~steph :cry:

Oh, that was so sad. I am glad that he did try to call her back then though. I hope Carolyn doesn't end up thinking that Vaughn has a crush on her! Eww! Thanks for the update!

Back