My Life

I love this story!!!! It is a great story. Please update soon because I want to find out what is going to happen between Sydney and Vaughn. Please PM me when you have updated.

Chapter 20

Sydney and Vaughn were the first ones to walk out of the room, during the class they had spent most of their time sending messages to each other. They were lucky because their teacher didn't catch them them while one was passing the other a message, Mr Rocher was a little blind and also deaf. Deaf? He must be because he didn't hear Sydney's laughs or her attempts to hide them. They walked to one of the bench and sat down as their laughter started to fade.

"You know I never had a French class like the one we just had! I really had fun and all your little messages were really cute."

"Cute?" he asked surprised. "How can my messages be cute? I'm a guy and guys don't write cute things. You are so wrong."

"Oh poor Baby, don't worry I won't tell a soul. My lips are sealed." she said proving it by kissing him slightly on the lips, but just as she was going to pull away, Vaughn brought her face to his, not wanting her to break the kiss.

"What was that for?"

"It's just something I wanted to do, is it a crime?"

"No, and if it is one than I swear that I won't report you to the police. I don't want to be responsible for your arrest."

"Really?"

"Of course, do you think I would lie to you? Lying isn't the best thing I do you can believe me, when I lie you can tell it."

"Oh poor baby." she said with a tiny smile.

"Okay, you really have to stop calling me baby. It's really hurting the man in me, first you say I'm cute and even if it's in a good way it's still not good to be called cute. And then you call me baby, I'm really starting to doubt of m..."

"Okay, I will stop calling you baby if this is what you want. But you have to know that I really like calling you..."

"Don't even finish this sentence, if you do I'm leaving."

"You’re no fun!" she said pretending to pout. Vaughn took her in his arms.

"I'm funny, but not when I'm called baby. Usually when I am it's not in public, you don't want to ruin my reputation, don't you?"

"No I don't, I'm not that mean."

"Do you have plans for tomorrow?" Vaughn suddenly asked.

"I don't know, why are you asking?"

"I just want to see you again, I had a wonderful time last night and I'd like to have another evening like the one we had last night. So?"

"I'd love to go out with you again, but you have to promise me something before."

"All you want."

"I want you to tell me why you love hockey, or more precisely how a French man like you can love hockey. Because last time I checked the national sport in France is soccer, or football as you call it, and rugby. You know that thing with mean fighting over a ball like the one we use here to play what we call foot..."

"Okay I got it! You really like it, making fun of me and my country."

"I'm not going to lie, I love teasing you about France. But can you really blame me? A girl needs something to laugh at."

"Well glad to see you love making fun of me, I feel really important, you know."

"Oh come on, it's not that bad. I'm sure the same thing goes for you about the Americans, you must have a lot of things to say about us."

"You’re right, but I won't tell them."

"Why? I promise to not get angry, we are just having a nice conversation between a guy and his..." Sydney suddenly stopped realizing what she saying and also what she was going to say. And she wasn't the only one who realized this, Vaughn also did and was now looking at her. What were to each other?
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Well I guess I just ruined the moment." she added with an awkward smile as she started to move out of Vaughn's arms. But he didn't let her go, Sydney nervously looked at him, finding him smiling. He leaned and kissed her softly.

"Between a guy and his girlfriend." he said continuing the sentence she had stopped. Sydney continued to look at him surprised by what he just said but at the same time pleased to see he was considering her as his girlfriend. When Vaughn noticed she hadn’t answered he started to worry, thinking he had done a bad move, and it was going to take him time to repair his mistake.

"Yes you are right, we are just having a nice chat between a French guy and his American girlfriend."

aww that was so cute! especially when Syd got all nervus about the whole boyfriend/ girlfriend thing!! :P
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D update soon

I am so mad that I am just now getting involved with this story!!!

It is so good!!!

HE is going to end up breaking her heart, isnt he?

Could you please pm me when you update!!! Thanks

guys i just want to let you know that ashqua went on a vacation to Nantes. She'll be back in... well, i don't know when she'll be back. :lol:

I guess sorry isn't strong enough to express how sorry I'm for the lake of updates :( , this is why I'm giving you a double update! My first one ever :lol:

Chapter 21

Vaughn was driving toward his apartment when his cell rang, sighing he decided to answer.

"Vaughn!" he said not sounding really happy.

"Well, if you greet all the people who call you like that, then no wonder why they hate calling you. And is it how a boy is supposed to talk to his grandma?"

Laughing Vaughn suddenly relaxed, his grandmother is the only one who has the gift of calming him when he is angry or frustrated. People never understood and still don't why they are so close, it's not very common. But they don't care; the most important thing for them is to be here for the other, no matter what is going on in their live.

"Michael are you here, or I'm talking to a phantom?"

"Sorry grandma I was lost in my thoughts, what were you saying?"

"I said that I'm at your apartment so get your a$$ here sweetie."

When he heard that, Vaughn started to laugh, she was really starting to worry him. Since she had been in LA she has started to pick up some expressions and apparently get your a$$ here is one of them. Maybe he should try to convince her to stop seeing those women from the retirement home. Well it's not really a retirement home, but all her neighbors are old, they’re at least 65. So for him her neighborhood is like a big retirement home.

"I’ll be home in a few minutes; meanwhile you are allowed to torture Weiss to keep you busy."

"I’ve already started, so you better get here soon because I'm driving him crazy. If I carry on he is going to end up in a mental institution."

"Okay, but do you think he’ll be able to handle the two of us? Oh and by the way, he should’ve been in one since his tenth birthday."

"No." she said hanging up, making Vaughn laugh harder, if it was possible. But realizing he was driving a car at a certain speed he quickly stopped, not wanting to kill himself. On the road home, he thought to Sydney and what was going to happen now. He knew that he couldn't step back, but seep down there was something telling to stop.
But he didn't know why, it couldn't be his conscious bothering him because it was well known that he had none. Sighing, he decided it would be better for him to drop this subject, because it's driving him crazy.
Man how did I get in this mess?' he thought as he parked his car. He stayed in the car a long moment before getting out; he needed some time alone to think. He stayed in front of the closed door of this apartment several minutes, not knowing what to do; he sighed and opened the door. When he did he was caught by the arm by his grandmother.

"What were you doing?" she scowled him as she was leading him toward the couch.

"Yeah, where were you?" Weiss added with a smile meaning, you are going to pay for what you did. By leaving me alone with your grandmother you signed the contract allowing me to kill you!

"I was at uni." he answered as she started to laugh; it took a few minutes to her laugh to fade out.

"Excuse me but did I just hear you say you were at uni, or
Is it my old age that makes me believe that?"

"Very funny grandma, your sense of humor is almost as bad as Weiss. And yes you heard me right; I was at university because I took an important decision for me and my future. You know how I always thought I didn't have to get up in the morning to earn money because of dad's money. And you know as well as I do that our relationship is not the best a son can have with his father. I even wonder if our relationship was ever one a son has with his father." At some point during the conversation, Weiss had left the room to let them talk about their family without having him around. Even if they considered him as a part of the family he doesn't want to be a part of the conversation, because it's something that needs to stay between them.

"Michael you can't say that! You and your father were really very close; I'm not going to lie by saying it's still the case because we both know I would be lying."

"Grandma, there is something broken between us, a thing that has been broken and to tell the truth I don't know if it can be repaired. He missed a lot of things, he missed some of the most important things for me and you know why? Because he was working and he could make it, it's like I'm always coming after work and money."

"Michael Christopher Vaughn you know it's not true!" his grandmother told him, being angry at his behavior. She understood why he was thinking like that but she couldn't let him carry on on that way. Something needed to be done before it's too late. "Your father loves you, and don't you dare to doubt of his love for you or your sister..."

"Don't worry, if there is something I don't doubt it's his love for the perfect Alicia. After all she’s all the things I'm not, but you know what? I don't care anymore! For me he is out of my life for good, I don't want to see or talk to him. He hurt me like I have never been hurt before." he said trying to not cry, and remembering a sentence his grandfather had told him after he fell from a tree: Big Boys don't cry. Even if he knows that his grandfather told him that it was because it was the only way he found to try to prevent him from crying, he always tried to respect it. And he is not going to let his father make him break his promise.

"You know sometimes I really feel bad, I can't help but think it's my and your grandfather's fault. We are those who had decided it would be better to let your father run the firm. So if you and he have such a bad relationship it's due to our decisions. Will you ever forgive us?" she asked, whispering as she sat on the couch. Vaughn looked at her puzzled by what he was hearing.

"Grandma it's not your fault if my father is like that. It's his fault, he is the one who decided that making money is more important than me, and he’s the one who took me to New York when I was twelve promising to take me to a game. A game I went to see with one of the bodyguards because he was too busy to take me himself, all the week I talked to my friends of our trip saying that I was finally going to go to a game with him. Imagine in what kind of state I was, that day I realized that I couldn’t trust him anymore because if I do I will only end up being hurt. You and Grandpa Marc are the best thing that happened to me. You both took care of me, taking me almost everywhere with you.
Grandpa Mark was the father I didn't have, and to tell the truth it was better that way, I don't regret all the things we did together. I'm not going to lie and tell you that all those things I didn't want to do them with dad because I would have loved to be with him more often. But I'm not going to change my past even if I really want to sometimes. I realized a long time ago that me and dad will never have a normal relationship, you know the kind of relationship a son has with his father. But I don't care, as long as I have you my life will be perfect, because if there is someone I need, it's you." He said with a smile as his grandmother wiped away a tear. She was happy to hear that her grandson loved her and her husband so much but at the same time her heart was broken. She was lost, because deep down she knew he was right about his father. Bill missed many things of his life, things a father should never miss. If only he had realized what mistake he was doing by leaving his son alone thinking he was doing well, maybe things would be different now. They wouldn't be in this situation; they would be a normal family, not a torn family.

"You know that me and your grandfather enjoyed having you by our side as often as we did. Not all of our friends can say the same thing. But I'm really proud to have you as my grandson and spending time with you is one thing I would trade for nothing, because I cherish all the moments we spend together. After Marc's death you helped me more than anyone else, because you were understating my pain. You shared it more than you should have for a young boy."

"Grandma don't say that, it was hard for all of us, not only me. We all suffered when he passed away, we didn't expect it to happen so soon."

"You’re right, but his death created a hole in our family."

"I have to agree with you on that, but we made It." he said with a smile as he sat on the couch next to her. His grandmother gave him a sad smile as she took him in her arms, and wiped away a tear that had made her way on his cheek.

"If we survived to his death then I'm sure we will make it this time. We always did and that's not going to change!" she said with such a determination in her voice that he didn't have

Chapter 22

After a few minutes of silence, his grandmother decided it would be better to change the topic of their conversation, to lighten the mood.

"So what's going on in your life? Your dear roommate and best friend told me a really interesting story, do you want to hear it?" she asked with a wide grin, the kind of grin you are giving when someone knows something about you. Something they shouldn't know, and he was afraid to know what she was talking about. But he decided to not let her see he knew what she was talking about. And he was lost in middle of his attempt to think. Too hard for him at this hour of the day!

"Really?"

"Yes, and you know that I'm a really curious person so you better start telling me everything before I have to torture you to get what I want."

"Torture me?" he said as he started to laugh. "The only person you torture is in his room with his ear stuck to the door. And you know he is kind of crazy, no in fact he is crazy."

"Hey I heard that!" a voice said coming from the hallway.

"I know you did, it's because I said it loud enough for you to hear it from your room. Now if you can excuse us me and my grandmother are going out, we need to talk about things that don't need to be heard by you." he said as he took his grandmother's arm and leading her towards the door.

A few minutes later, they were walking in the park next to his apartment. The silence between them was so heavy that Lucie decided to start talking, sensing that Vaughn had something important to say.

"I heard from Weiss that you were dating someone, is it serious?" she asked with a smile as she sat on a bench.

"Grandma, how could it be serious? I have known her for only a few weeks and we’ve been going out together for only 3 weeks. For me, we’re just having fun! There is nothing really serious between us, it's not like I have asked her to marry me. You know me and the reputation I have when it comes to being with a woman."

"Unfortunately I do, I just thought that maybe you had change. You know being in LA, away from your old life and bad habits had changed you."

"Oh I changed but not in that way. But you can't except so much from me after all!" he said with a laugh, but when he saw the look on his grandmother's face he immediately stopped and cleared his throat, suddenly feeling ill at ease. "So how things are going for you?"

"Fine, but we are talking about what is going on in your life not mine. So tell me more about that girl, who she is, how you met her, what she is doing..."

"Well someone is being really curious! To answer to your questions, she is a med student at UCLA and she is one of the best students in the university."

"Really?"

"Yes, why would I lie to you if it wasn't the case? Anyway she was my guide during my first day at uni. But things between us were a little bit tense between us at first, I acted like a real a$$. So I asked out, the first time she told me to go hell, the second time she said she couldn't because she had something to do and the third time was the good one, she said yes."

"And you are telling me that only now? And me who thought I had raised you better than that! I'm very disappointed in you Michael." she said with a smirk as Vaughn laughed.

"I'm sorry grandma, it won't happen. Seriously for the moment there is nothing really serious between us, we are just going out together for the fun. After all we are both young and it's not like we are going to get married in a few months."

"Michael, I wouldn't be so sure if I was you. Life can offers you the most amazing and unexpected things, so never take things for guaranteed in your life."

"Wow, grandma what is happening to you today? You are talking to me as if I've already met my future wife."

"Nothing is happening to me, I'm just happy for you."

Suddenly Vaughn's face became more serious, gone was his smile and his 'happy face'.

"Grandma do you think he would be proud of me if he was still alive?" he asked almost whispering. He didn't even need to say who he was talking about because she already knew it.

"Of course he would be! Michael your grandfather would be proud of you no matter what you do, you could be the worst student of UCLA he would still be proud of you because you are going to university instead of spending all your time at home. Michael your grandfather loved you, and I know he didn't care about what people were saying about you. For him you were his grandson, a grandson he loved more than anything."

"I loved him, why did he have to die?" he asked with tears in his eyes. His grandmother looked at him, but this time crying.

"I don't know I wish I did, but I don't. It was just the moment for him to leave us and join God. But I'm sure he must be looking at us from where he is."

"You really think that?"

"I think I do, I just say that to myself everyday so I can carry on living without him by my side. Even after all those years it's hard to think that he won't be here to share some things like yours and Alicia's wedding, the birth of our first great-grandchild..."

"You know in my case, I don't think I will get married or even have children. Who would want to marry me?" he said with a smile, trying to cheer her up.

"Don't say that, I know a lot of woman who would kill just to be with you. Especially the daughter of an American senator."

"Arhhh! Are you trying to kill me???? I can't even stand being in the same room than her for more than 30 seconds so dating her is worse!"

"I know, I was just teasing you. So do you have something to do tonight?"

"No, I'm free. Do you want to have dinner with me?"

"I'd love to."

My new PM list, I don't know if you are all on it, if you aren't, please tell me so I can add you to it

Thanks

PM List :

sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
berry_kyoote_spy88
Bubbles
iluvalias0203
Sydney Bristow 2300844
jughelynj
Cai
Alias Fan Gillian
German Muse