Irina (SpyMommy) and Jack (SpyDaddy)

Alias and normal do not go together at all! Didn't you find it slightly suspicious that Irina didn't take up Jack's offer to not be in CIA custody? I would not want to penned up in that bleak room all day that's for sure. I wrote a topic called Irina Derevko where people are talking about what they think Irina is up to, it is pretty interesting you should check it out.

I think he's still in love with her, but he's mad at himself for that. I also think that he is trying to save himself from falling from her and wants to act all badass in front of her, maybe because he feels betrayed and hurt, or just to make her feel guilty....We need to come up with more words in the English language, it took me 10 minutes to think of some words close to what I mean....

What? No comments here after last night ("A Dark Turn")?!

Actually, it might be appropriate to repost the lyrics from U2's "Love Is Blindness"--

Love is blindness
I don't wanna see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me?
Oh my heart
Love is blindness

In a parked car
In a crowded street
You see your love
Made complete
Thread is ripping
The knot is slipping
Love is blindness

Love is clockworks
And cold steel
Fingers too numb to feel
Squeeze the handle
Blow out the candle
Love is blindness

Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me?
Oh my love
Blindness

A little death
Without mourning
No call
And no warning
Baby, a dangerous idea
That almost makes sense

Love is drowning
In a deep well
All the secrets
And no one to tell
Take the money
Honey
Blindness

Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me?
Oh my love
Blindness

;)

verdantheart said:
Meanwhile, I have another song suggestion for Jack/Irina - "Possession," by Sarah McLachlan, which includes the lyrics:
i LOVE that song! you're right, that would be a PERFECT song for jack/irina. (y) i'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it! :smiley:

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
I think he's still in love with her, but he's mad at himself for that. I also think that he is trying to save himself from falling from her and wants to act all badass in front of her, maybe because he feels betrayed and hurt, or just to make her feel guilty....We need to come up with more words in the English language, it took me 10 minutes to think of some words close to what I mean....
your right he probably is still in love with her and he hates himself for that he hates himself more than he hates her.Love is blind you could say and certainly in their case.he lost faith in himself the day he found out the truth and probably swore he'd never let anybody do that again to him.but he let his walls down.Whether or not Irina's evil i think this last things going to be the last straw but we'll see

I couldn't believe it last night! Just when I was starting to like her, she escapes. For Jack & Sydney I hope she really is good, but it's probably more realistic if she isn't. Poor Jack! Just when he thought he was wiser! I hope he recovers okay.

omg jack and irina kissed wow i thought he would never forgive he but hey she is still his wife wow totally shocked i was just starting to think she had changed

Last night's ep. was... ::checks thesarus:: .... ::throws thesarus away::... let's just say that it blew my mind. I so wanted Irina to be good! But by the time she sending Jack the "bedroom eyes" I knew it was too good to be true. I'd be interested to know what sydney thinks about all this. One things for sure, sydney and jack should help eachother through this. Poor jack... Man, betrayel sucks!

Somebody please give me fic on this! ::flashes puppy dog eyes::

Chesh ~new to the list, yet still a seasoned on the topic

Thinking more about the episode, there are some things that appear mighty suspicous and lead me to believe there is a whole lot more to the story than "duped Jack" and "evil Irina". Too simple and expected.

i knew irna was bs when she wanted the tracker out of her shoulder. i was yelling at the tv when he took it out n when they started to make out.. so gross seeing old ppl do it

SpyBarbie007 said:
I don't really sense any UST, but I really enjoy their developing relationship.
Oh, really? Do you still think so?
;)

All that was seen on TV was a kiss (and even a fairly chaste one at that). No one complained when Sloane kissed Emily (definitely a bigger gag reaction for me just because of what Sloane represents!). My only objection to the kiss would be on the grounds that Irina is using Jack's emotions against him. I think what people object to is the fact that Lena Olin and Victor Garber succeeded through their acting talent to convey a sense of sexual heat in the moment--which, by the way, was required for the scene!

Now I'm going to have to reiterate that I personally don't care how old a couple is (although I tend not to care for extreme differences in age--Entrapment made me rather queasy . . .) and this held true when I was a teen as well. A mature love story has the potential for depth that one with engenues does not. It's a sad fact of modern life that such stories have all but fallen to the wayside. When he made Casablanca, Humphrey Bogart might have been younger (40s) than Victor Garber, but he certainly looked more well-worn! Was that bad?

OK, these are just my opinions. Yours may vary. However, I'd point out that mine are more tolerant, and you know, if you don't like it, you do have eyelids . . . Rant over . . .

Meanwhile, I have yet to complain about seeing naked Vaughn legs--oh, well, maybe this counts as the first time . . .
;)

aliasgurl said:
i knew irna was bs when she wanted the tracker out of her shoulder. i was yelling at the tv when he took it out n when they started to make out.. so gross seeing old ppl do it
Yeah, I have to agree with what she said. I was doing pretty much the same thing, yelling at the tv. I can't believe that Jack didn't see through her lies, she may as well have just said, "Hey pretty boy, take the tracker out of my shoulder and then lets make out." And he probably would've done it. Not because he's stupid but he's just too controlled (not the word I'm looking for I don't think) by her.

:angry: Ok, Irina totally betrayed by going with Sloane when she was supposed to be helping the CIA. Even though Jack still has feelings for her, he has to be professional. And also, come on, he knew something like this was gonna happen, I guess she really is a charmer.

Now these objections, that Irina was using Jack, are reasonable! And yes, Jack knew his limitations, that's why his initial strategy was to stay the hell away from her. But Sydney forced him to come into contact with her and the enevitable spiral began.
;)

Back