Just To Hold On

Okay, so Hi! *waves*
This is a new fic...Yes, ANOTHER one...I swear Im not insane, okay, so thats a big fat lie but anyways...
Just To Hold On is a cowrite between Laur (sydneyluvsvaughn4eva) and Me (shotput25ash) <--Like you didnt already know that....
ANYWAYS...
See, I was all completely for total angst when i presented my propisition to Laur, and she was like 'NO! I like fluff, angst is bad!' so we had to comprimise....*sighs* And that was hard...I wanted my angst *pouts*...
I got it though... Because the current time in this fic is ALL angst, but memories...mostly pure fluff after the first chapter....
Okay, so on with the Show...

Rating-PG to PG13...
Setting-Um...after Sydney comes back...Laurens dead...or you can pretend she never existed, whichever works for you...
Disclaimer- We own nothing, well...I own things, just not fanfics....

Chapter One-
By Ash.

Vaughn sat in the dark room, his knees to his chest, and his arms wrapped around them. His head was pounding as he used what strength he had left to massage it with his hand. He could feel the bump that lie somewhere on the back of his head. Flinching at the contact he ran a free hand down through his hair which was now greasy and matted. A hand went to his forehead, a deep cut was evident and he immediately brought his hand infront of his eyes. The room was dimly lit, but he could still see the reddish colored liquid residing on his fingertips. Giving up he placed his head back in his arms and tried to get an ounce of sleep before they came back for him.
The peaceful sleep he was praying for never came to him, for he only could recall the ways that his world was torn apart. Nothing good could ever come to him again, not now, not ever. His life was over the minute his heart had been ripped out. He couldn’t go on living; he had no reason to hold on, and no reason to stay sane. Michael just wanted it all to be over, he just wanted her again.
His thoughts drifted to the woman he loved and the past they had together. But mostly the way that he lost her. The way that he had died the moment she left this world. A tear ran down his face over what he had lost, a sea of memories flooding into his mind.
“Michael, stop. We can’t, here. Have you gone insane?” Sydney smiled up at him, right after his lips had left hers.
“Shh, just calm down. Where supposed to be a new couple, why not act like one?” he gave her that smile she wouldn’t, no couldn’t resist.
Giving in she moved closer to him, only ending up mostly pinned against the wall. He kissed her hungrily, her red dress that hung by her thigh hiking up slowly by the touch of his hand on her leg. She smiled leaning into him.
He pulled away from her. “Maybe you're right. Not here.” He smiled at her. “Come on, we don’t want to miss the party.” Taking Sydney’s hand Michael led her into the ballroom where they began to dance close to each other, never wanting to let go.
They began to slowly part, and started to mingle with the other guests. Sydney and Vaughn had been given an assignment. They were to gain control of Gregory Maltz’s key card, which would give them access to the lab, which held the latest nuclear weapons. The only problem was gaining that access, which Sydney was to find a way to do that.
Vaughn watched her from across the room his eyes filled with anger. He was jealous, as always. Watching another man touch her, have what he couldn’t. How was he to handle it?
After seeing Sydney run a hand over Gregory’s chest Vaughn new she had the key. He walked up to her, tapping the man she was so close to on the back.
“May I please finish this dance?” he smiled lovingly at Sydney, and she just flashed him a look of confusion.
“Of course,” Sydney smiled politely at Mr. Maltz. “Excuse us.” Sydney began dancing around the room with Vaughn, her mouth so close to his ear he could hear her breathing. “Have you lost your mind?” she finally whispered, never moving her lips
“I…” he stopped when the lights in the room went out, and there was a shrill from someone, their voices unrecognizable.
“Let’s go.” She told him, taking a hand and weaving both of them through the crowd of bodies. When they got out of the room the lights came on and there were shouts heard.
“We have to hurry.” Vaughn told her as they ran down the long narrow white hallway.
The two of them ended up outside the lab door. Sliding the key card Sydney hurriedly went inside, snapping pictures on the documents that would later on be transferred to Marshal, there for to the CIA’s headquarters for analysis.
She shut the door, unaware that if you didn’t slide the key card again that it would trigger a silent alarm. They snuck back down the hall and into the ballroom where people had resumed their earlier activities, well as normal as it could get. They tried to fit in, dancing slowly; close to one another.
But then when the shrill of an alarm rung throughout the building they quickly but discretely made their way towards the back entrance.

Vaughn lifted his head out of his hands, tears now leaving a steady stream down his face.Everything had been mostly normal until then, the same as any other mission. But then he screwed it up; everything else was his fault. He could blame himself for loosing her, which hurt even more than it would if he wasn’t even there. He could have stopped this; he could have prevented her leaving him. But he didn’t. He was lost, confused and he blurted the first thing out that came to his mind. And a life was lost because of it. But not just any life, the life of the woman that meant the world to him.
His head fell back down. Guilt, pain, and loss all coming to him.
“Where do we go?” Sydney asked him.
The pair was standing at the end of a hallway, three doors infront of them… all containing a similar key pad.
“Bust it.” He told her.
She just looked at him bewildered for a minute. “I guess that’s what we’re best at.” She smiled at him, and kicked the pad with the heel of her shoe. It sent sparks flying, and the door slid open.
“Let’s go.” They could hear shouting behind them, the guards were coming.
Without another question asked they sprinted off down the hall, two guards right on their tale.
“There’s only two, we can take them Syd.” He shouted to her. She nodded, and they stopped dead out of a sprint, turning to fight the guards in able to leave freely.
Punches were thrown, and kicks had been given. Two guards lay on the ground with two CIA agents looking at them, gloating in victory. But when the rush was too high five more guards rounded the corner.
“Lets go!” Vaughn shouted as he started to run in the direction of the exit.
He was almost there; turning around he didn’t see her behind him.
Immediately panic took over him as he sprinted in the direction of the attack. He got there moments later to see her lying on the floor sprawled out for all the world to she her perfection.
“Sydney!” he cried crouching down to her level.
“Vaughn…” She whispered, her voice almost inaudible.
“Sydney, you can’t do this to me. It’s my entire fault. This shouldn’t be you, please just stay with me, I'm gonna get you out of here.” Michael told her honestly as hott tears began to run down his flushed cheeks.
“Shh.” She slowly brought a finger to Vaughn’s lips, silencing his pleas. “I…it’s not your fault. But, I have to… go.” She smiled at him, the face of an angel present.
“No!” he wailed bending over her. “I love you.” He told her, brushing a hand over her head. “I will always love you.”
She nodded to the best of her ability. “I love you…Michael Vaughn, don’t you ever forget that.” She coughed slightly. “But forget all of this…” she stopped. “Move on… But, but always keep…” her eyes started to get heavy. “Me.” He cut her off with a gentle kiss, never wanting to let go. He just stared at her, the tremendous feeling of loss he felt too much to bear. But that all was gone when an object hit the back of his head forcefully causing him to fall atop his love.

Vaughn reached for the back of his head again, feeling the large knot that was still there. Days had gone by, he wasn’t quite sure how many though. He would sleep when possible, but not enough to be able to tell the difference. There was no window in the little room so he wasn’t able to see the outdoors. But right now he didn’t care. He just wanted to end it all, and most of all… to be back with her.
Michael tried with all the will he possessed to forget her, but it just wouldn’t go away. But finally, finally as his heavy eyes started to close yet again a peacefully sweet memory was brought back from the shadows where it lurked.
Sydney smiled as Vaughn ran a hand through her silky hair. “What is it with you?” she asked him as her smile widened.
“Hmm?” he asked her somewhat confused.
“What's with my hair?” Sydney asked him, sitting up from the resting position she had in his lap.
“I love it.” He smiled widely at her.
“You do?” she asked him playfully.
“Yep.” He kissed the top of her head, then her forehead. “Just like I love your nose, and your dimples, and you eyes, and…yeah.” He smirked as she gently slapped his arm.
“Well you must really love me then.” She said to him joking.
“Of course I do.” Michael told her honestly.
Sydney just stared at him. “What?” she was lost.
“I do, I love you more than you could ever know.” She smiled shyly at him.
“I love you too.” She replied beaming, and he just mirrored it.

Loved, loved, loved. The thought kept repeating in Michael’s mind as he sat on that hard floor. How could she love a man that took her life? He also though, needed to make it past tense. He couldn’t love her, she was dead. Gone to him forever, never returning to walk the earth again.
But he couldn’t. Vaughn still loved her, with everything he had in him. She owned his heart, and always would. There was no changing that.
He actually smiled slightly when yet another memory came to him. The first time he had showed her, just how much he loved her
Michael lay there, watching as Sydney slept next to him. She had a smile on her face, and her hair hung off to one side of her face. He ran a hand over her back ever so lightly, then touched her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, and the person smiling next to her only enlarged the smile she had.
“Please tell me you haven’t been doing that for very long.” She said as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.
“Doing what?” he asked.
“Watching me.” She smiled at him and he nodded. “So is that an ‘I have’?” she asked raising an eyebrow.
“It’s whatever you want it to be.” He smiled at her.
She sighed heavily. “That’s not what you wanted to hear, is it?” he asked her.
She just shrugged her shoulders. “I guess not. I don’t mind having an admirer.”
“I didn’t think so.” He smiled as she rolled onto her side where he took the opportunity to kiss her.
“No not at all.” She whispered as the act from the night before was begun again.

Vaughn picked his head up. Not all memories he had of Sydney were bad, actually only one was. But for the moment he didn’t want to think about that. He would have to eventually, but for the moment he would bring back the memories of the past. Some he had tried for years to forget, those were the most heart wrenching to bear. Also though, the ones that he had held onto for years, in hopes that they would never leave his mind. He just wanted to keep them for the rest of his life, however long that may be. But for now, those memories were the one keeping him alive. They were the strength he had to go on, and he found that in her. It was just…
“Just to hold on.” He whispered.

Okay, that be it...
Im gonna steal Laurs PM list for Fallen Away and send ppl PMs on that...
ANd the ppl who arent on it are gonna be readin it anyways, cause they love me! *coughCAROLYNJANETMELISSASAMcough*
Okay, so we really hoped you liked it!
Luv you-Ash & Laur

Ok, I am going to think rationally and logically after I finish yelling
ASHLEY< GO FIND THOSE DUST BUNNIES
She can't be dead
Maybe, she passed out and is in the hospital
Or maybe it was a bad dream
Or maybe she did die, but someone brought her back?
I refuse to accept it
She can't be deda
Ashley is smarter than to get herself killed
And to live with the bunnies
You are right though, I'll read it cause I love you
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

shotput25ash said:
Uh Oh...
Melissa is angry...
*backs away slowly*
LAUR HELP!
*runs*
[post="1232777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

actually babe i think i'm on melissa's side;) okay, so i'll keep u safe, but i agree, syd shouldn't be dead. we've already had this conversation! hehe, thanks for reading u guys!

GREAT!
My own acompliss disagrees with me!
*shakes head*
Thats just wrong...
And yes we DID have this conversation, and I WON!
*pokes tongue out*
So you shoudl be on MY side now!

Vaughn sat in the dark room, his knees to his chest, and his arms wrapped around them. His head was pounding as he used what strength he had left to massage it with his hand. He could feel the bump that lie somewhere on the back of his head. Flinching at the contact he ran a free hand down through his hair which was now greasy and matted. A hand went to his forehead, a deep cut was evident and he immediately brought his hand infront of his eyes. The room was dimly lit, but he could still see the reddish colored liquid residing on his fingertips. Giving up he placed his head back in his arms and tried to get an ounce of sleep before they came back for him.

My poor Vaugnie... -_-

“Michael, stop. We can’t, here. Have you gone insane?” Sydney smiled up at him, right after his lips had left hers.
“Shh, just calm down. Where supposed to be a new couple, why not act like one?” he gave her that smile she wouldn’t, no couldn’t resist.
Giving in she moved closer to him, only ending up mostly pinned against the wall. He kissed her hungrily, her red dress that hung by her thigh hiking up slowly by the touch of his hand on her leg. She smiled leaning into him.
He pulled away from her. “Maybe you're right. Not here.” He smiled at her. “Come on, we don’t want to miss the party.” Taking Sydney’s hand Michael led her into the ballroom where they began to dance close to each other, never wanting to let go.

*Giggles*

Vaughn lifted his head out of his hands, tears now leaving a steady stream down his face.Everything had been mostly normal until then, the same as any other mission. But then he screwed it up; everything else was his fault. He could blame himself for loosing her, which hurt even more than it would if he wasn’t even there. He could have stopped this; he could have prevented her leaving him. But he didn’t. He was lost, confused and he blurted the first thing out that came to his mind. And a life was lost because of it. But not just any life, the life of the woman that meant the world to him.
His head fell back down. Guilt, pain, and loss all coming to him.

Can I hold him and make him feel better? :cry:

“Sydney, you can’t do this to me. It’s my entire fault. This shouldn’t be you, please just stay with me, I'm gonna get you out of here.” Michael told her honestly as hott tears began to run down his flushed cheeks.
“Shh.” She slowly brought a finger to Vaughn’s lips, silencing his pleas. “I…it’s not your fault. But, I have to… go.” She smiled at him, the face of an angel present.
“No!” he wailed bending over her. “I love you.” He told her, brushing a hand over her head. “I will always love you.”
She nodded to the best of her ability. “I love you…Michael Vaughn, don’t you ever forget that.” She coughed slightly. “But forget all of this…” she stopped. “Move on… But, but always keep…” her eyes started to get heavy. “Me.” He cut her off with a gentle kiss, never wanting to let go. He just stared at her, the tremendous feeling of loss he felt too much to bear. But that all was gone when an object hit the back of his head forcefully causing him to fall atop his love.

:cry: Syd better not be REALLY dead!!!! :Ph34r:

Awww...

Great Start
I Loved It
Cant wait for more

:D

*CoughSydbetterbealiveCough*

Back