To have and to Hold

go vaughn go!!!! save syd from that prevert! sloane is such a .... bad bad man :angry:

i love how milo's forehead gets all wrinkly when he's confused, just like michael :lol:

The guard entered the black cell. He immediatley turned on the light and gasped. It couldn't be. Where was he. It was impossible. There was no way out of here. He ran from the room and went to find Sloane. He was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Sydney sat in the rocking chair. The emptiness of her arms overwhelmed her. Earlier the baby's nurse had taken him for his last feeding of the day and to put him down for the night. Sydney had wished that she could have kept him with her. But, she knew that she had to appear that she was cooperating. She had to make Sloane believe that she was going along with this sick charade.
She sat there rocking in the chair, gradually falling asleep when she heard the clangs of the locks being opened. She immiediately stood up to face her opponent.
"Relax, my darling. It's only me. Here, I've brought some warm milk to help you sleep. I know how tense you are. This will help."
"Why should I drink this? You've probably got something in it." She scoffed, forgetting that she was supposed to be playing his game.
"Sydney, like I said before. I would never do anything to put you or your unborn child at risk. Drink it or don't drink it. It doen'st matter to me. I was only trying to be helpful."
"I'm sorry," Sydney said through gritted teeth. This was a lot harder than she expected. She took the cup from Sloane and placed it on her bedside table. "I'll drink it before I go to bed. Thank-you."
"Very well." Sloane purred. "But Sydney, there is something I would like to discuss with you before you retire for the evening."
"What would that be?" Sydney inquired.
"Us."
"Us?"
"Yes, my darling. I know this will come as a shock to you, and please do not get too upset. Your husband is dead. A terrible accident really. On any account. He's gone Sydney."
"You're a lier!" Sydney screamed.
"Sydney, I assure you. I am not lying. I will take you to his body if need be. We can lay him to rest. But, believe me. He is gone. Now there is noting to stand in our way."
Sydney's head began to spin. He was lying. This was all a plot to get to her. There was no way Michael was dead. She would know it. She would be able to sense it. And she didn't. She felt Michael's presense. Stronger than ever. It was as if he were in the next room. This was impossible. She had to play along. Sloane was lying. He was just trying to get her to go along with this sick lie.
She sat on the edge of the bed and simply asked, "Take me to him."
All of a sudden the room went black. Blackness engulfed the room.
"What the..." Sloane gasped.
"That shouldn't be too hard, considering I'm right here."
Sydney heard the voice and knew everything was going to be o.k. She looked over to the open door and from the faint light of the moon streaming in the room she made out her beloved husband's figure. He stood there pointing a gun at Sloane.
"Mr.Vaughn, just how the hell...."
"Did I escape that hell hole you had me in. Easy. I had help."
The look on Slaone's face turned icy cold. He figured out Nadia's deception. But it was too late.
Vaughn was about to cross the room and grab Sydney when he heard a voice from behind him.
"Freeze!"
It was the guard. He was on his way to inform Slaone of Vaughn's escape.
"Put the gun down, Mr.Vaughn. If you don't then Sydney dies." Sloane said as he pointed his own gun at Sydney.
Then it all happened so fast. Sydney kicked the gun from Sloane sending him crashing to the floor, Vaughn spun around and shot the guard, spinning around in time to shoot Sloane as he flew in the air from Sydney's blow. Vaughn walked over to his body lying on the floor. Sloane was still alive.
"This is for our baby." Vaughn coldly said,
He shot Sloane in one shoulder.
"This is for taking Sydney from me for two years."
He shot him in the other shoulder.
"And, this is for Sydney!"
He looked at Sloane's terrified expression and without a second thought, shot him in the head.
He threw the gun to the floor and and looked for Sydney in the darkened room. She simply stood there in her white nightgown, staring at the dead body on the floor. Vaughn walked over to her and placed his hand on her face.
"Are you o.k? Did he hurt you or the baby?"
"I'm fine. But.......I just can't believe it. He's gone. That b****** is finally gone." She spoke but could hardly believe the words coming from her lips. It was if it was all a dream.
"He's dead Syd. He'll never hurt you again. Never." Michael Vaughn said as he reached out and embraced his wife. He loved her so much. This nightmare was finally over. Then a thought crept up in his mind.
"The baby?" he asked.
"He's in the nursey. Let's go get our son Michael."
Sydney grabbed his hand and was about to ecort him to the nursey when a dark figure blocked the doorway. Michale was prepared to fight. Nothing was going to stop him from finding his son now.
"He's right here." A gentle voice said, as Nadia entered the room holding a sleeping infant.
Vaughn walked over to Nadia and looked at the child. The emotions that came over him alarmed him. He at once felt love and a fierce sense of proetection for the child. He could see his own features. It was like going back in time and seeing himself as a baby. The only difference were the two beautiful dimples on his cheeks that he instictively knew came from Sydney.
"Can I touch him. Will he wake up?" He asked.
"It's fine. Here, take your son Michael. He's yours." Nadia said as tears streamed down her face.
Vaughn awkwardly picked up the baby and cradeled him in his arms. The baby roused a little, but then fell back asleep. Tears welled in his eyes. After all this time he was finally back where he belonged. They were a family. Sydney walked over and wrapped her arms around them both.
"Thank you Nadia. Thank you." Sydney simply said. She didn't know what else to say. She was so completley overwhelemed at this moment. This nightmare was finally over. It was as if a weight that had been hanging on her shoulders was finally lifted. She looked at the world in a new way. She was a mother. They were a family.
"Now, get out of here. I have a car prepared with Milo's carseat. Go home." Nadia said, tears streaming down her face.
"Come with us." Sydney said.
"Soon, but I need some time to myself. To get used to the idea of not being his mother. I love him so much Sydney."
"You will always be part of his life. You will always be a part of our family." Sydney said as she grabbed her sister's hands.
"I would like that. Very much. But hurry. There are other guards, and the power will be back on soon. I'll see you all,......soon."
Sydney, Michael and their baby boy made their way from the house and rode off into the night, leaving the nightmare of the past year behind them. They were a family. They left the pain of the past in that house and looked forward to the joy of having their baby back where he belonged.
Sydney looked back at the carseat containing her sleeping son.
"I can't believe he's there." She simply whispered.
"I know."
Then a few moments later he said. "Did I hear correctly, did that maniac really call him Milo?"
"Yes."
"We have to do someting about that!" he said.
"Ssh. You'll wake him. What do you have in mind?"
"Well, I don't know."
"William." she simply stated.
"William?" He said in disbelief.
"Of coarse. WIlliam. I love it. He looks like a William. It's settled then. William Vaughn. A new name for a new life." she said.
"A new life." He repeated. He grabbed her hand and kissed it and they drove off towards their new future.

5 months later
Sydney and Vaughn drove up to their house. The sleeping infant in the carseat began to rouse.
"I bet she's getting hungry. We'd better get in so I can feed her." Sydney said and she undid her seatbelt.
They walked into the front door, Vaughn holding the carseat containing their newly awaken baby daughter.
"Mommy! A little toddler yelled and he clumsily made his way to the front door.
"Oh, Will. Mommy missed you so much." She picked him up and then made a little cry of pain, putting him back down again.
"Syd!" Michael scoled. "You know you have to take it easy. No lifting. Especially Will. The little brut weighs almost 25 pounds."
Then Nadia walked over to her. "How are you feeling? Here, come and sit. I have some tea waiting for you."
"That sounds heavingly, but first things first." Sydney said.
Sydney went over to Katherine and picked her up from her carseat. She walked up the large oak staricase of her home and went directly to the nursery. She sat in the rocking chair next to the window overlooking the large oak tree in the front yard. She placed Katherine, or Katie, to her chest and fed her baby girl. Michael stood there in the doorway, holding Will in his arms. The look they gave one another said it all. They were a family. Forever. No one could ever take that from them again. They would alway be together. TO HAVE AND TO HOLD.

THE END

awwwww what a sweet ending- katie is such a cute name ^_^ that was such great ending to a great story! i love your styla of writing and i can't wait to read some more fan fics!

pm me when you start writing another story;)

ok you're probably ready to kill me because i haven't read this for ages... but here's the thing: i got so confused when allalias made the switch in servers that i had no idea where the fan fiction was!! yeah i know, how dumb can you get? but i pm'd charlie and well here i am

can i just say that i immediately added that to my fave alias fics. god that so beautiful and they make such a great family!! omg vaughn was so sweet and caring it's amazing how you portray him.. it's what i try to do in my fics but it's never easy because he isn't that emotional on alias.

you are an amazing writer and no doubt at least a million people will have told yo that, but it's true: you are!!!

please pm me and tell me if you're writing a sequel?
xx Bubbles

p.s. are you serious?? this is your first fic!! jesus! you freak!! (in a good way) i've written like 6 and i still don't write as good as you!! just shows how incredibly good an author you are!!

I just found this, and OH MY GOD! This is fantastic. I know it's over, but, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a great witer Michy. I'm off reading now. Great job! :cool:

Somebody actually found this! :woot: I thought it was dead and buried! (n) Thanks for the review and I hope you like it! ;)

Back