Love Her Back To Life

Hey everyone!
Sorry about not updating earlier, but I've been studying for my last exam of the school year that I'm taking tomorrow, so I've been pretty busy.
Jenn won't probably see this since she's reading this fic in french, but I owe her a huge thank you for helping me translating this. There would be some strange words and expressions without her. Hopelly, there shouldn't be any mistakes anymore. :whistle:
So, on with the show, I hope it won't disappoint you!
Laurie

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 3: The heart sees what the eyes cannot.</span>

-Aren’t you in deep cover? Jack asked him.
-I will really be in two days. I needed to talk to you before.
There were both in an industrial area, and Vaughn had taken the precaution to drive throughout the whole city twice before coming here. It was certainly not the time to be discovered by the Covenant.
-About what?
Vaughn took a glance at Jack, and found as expected, a face showing no emotion at all. The only time, the only day when Jack Bristow had shown his feelings was at Sydney’s funeral. He thought that, in this case, he would have rather not to witness those feelings.
-I saw her.
He did not fool around. With Jack, it was better to go straight to the point. Moreover, he couldn’t allow himself to stay long with him.
-What?
It was the only thing he had been able to say. He knew who Vaughn was talking about. But how could it be possible? He had seen the DNA results. He had seen Vaughn spread his daughter’s ashes in the sea.
He forbid himself to have the tiniest shred of hope before he was sure about what Vaughn was saying.
-Are you sure?
Vaughn felt anger rise inside him. Of course he was sure.
-Would I be here if it wasn’t the case?
He saw that Jack still didn’t believe him. Will he start to trust me one day? he wondered.
-And, Mr Vaughn, how can I be sure it wasn’t imagination playing tricks on you?
No, he thought. He’ll never trust me.
-It was her. Or at least, physically speaking.
There was an expression on Jack’s face, that Vaughn hated more than anything else. As if he thought that he was unable of doing anything. And it was one of the reasons that had made him accept this mission.
Back when Sydney was still alive, he wanted Jack to accept him so hard, simply. He wasn’t asking for much. And if this mission could avenge Sydney’s death, he had also thought that he could won her father’s respect. Obviously, he thought, he had been a fool to hope.
-Did you see her, or did you see what you wanted to see? I’m sure the beers you must have drunk helped a lot.
After hearing this sentence, Vaughn clutched Jack and threw him against the car. This time, he had gone too far. He had crossed the line.
He still hadn’t released his grip on Jack’s jacket when he started speaking..
-I know what I saw, he said, angrier than ever. I wasn’t drunk, whatever you can think. Now, if this doesn’t interest you, you can leave right away. I’m already putting a lot of things at risk by coming to you like this, and I certainly don’t need your comments.
Vaughn had almost punched him in the face. Jack hadn’t moved, impassive as he had always been. However, he had been surprised by the young man’s reaction. Apparently, he had really seen her.
-Go ahead. I’m listening.
No excuse. No “I’m sorry”. But Vaughn didn’t pay attention to that. What was important was Sydney. Or rather, Julia.
-I was supposed to meet the agent I’m going to have to work with yesterday night, in a bar. When I arrived, she was there, right in front of me, and for a few seconds, I couldn’t believe it. Then, I got closer to her, I spoke to her, thinking she was actually Sydney, but she looked at me as if it was the first time she had seen me and said her name was Julia Thorne.
Vaughn stopped talking for a while, realising that telling those events to Jack made them even more real. Then, he went on with his story, and doing so, he could still feel the pain that had invaded his body when he had realised that the woman standing before him was not Sydney.
-I immediately thought that she couldn’t talk to me, that she was waiting for us to be alone. And it wasn’t just because physically, it was her. I saw, in her eyes, I could have sworn that it was Sydney looking at me.
Jack cut him, beginning to understand what had happened after that.
-And once you were alone, she didn’t recognise you either?
Vaughn nodded, while thinking that his intonation and the expression he must have had on his face had made it easy for Jack to imagine everything that had taken place after.
-No.
He was almost crying. He hopelessly tried to fight his own feelings, but he couldn’t prevent a single tear from rolling down his cheek. During those briefs moments, he had been so full of hope.
Suddenly, Sydney was there, all his prayers had been answered. And then, in a few seconds, with a few words this woman had shattered his hope. He had thought that he pain diminished just a little with time, but he could still feel a knife stabbing his own heart thinking that his hope to find his Sydney again were unfounded.
Meanwhile, Jack had also been trying to put his thoughts in order. He was also looking for an explanation. He was now sure that Vaughn hadn’t dreamed this meeting. He could actually feel his pain, caused by the fact that this Julia Thorne wasn’t Sydney. He didn’t need to consult with him for the same idea, as crazy as it might be, to pop inside his head.
-Do you think it’s a double?
Vaughn lifted his eyes up to Jack, realising that they had had the same thought. But he had to tell him about the doubts he had regarding that theory.
-That’s what I believed at first. But I thought about it, trying to find all the possible explanations. And it may not be the right one.
-What do you mean?
Jack was intrigued by what Vaughn had just told him. Did he really think that...
-Sydney may have been brainwashed.
It was truly a crazy idea. But the world they both lived in was even crazier.
-What makes you think so?
This time, Vaughn didn’t get mad. First of all, because such an idea needed to be justified. And second, because he needed to talk about it to Jack, to know if what he was thinking wasn’t totally crazy, if he wasn’t a fool to have this hope. To believe.
-There was this look in her eyes... as if deep inside, she recognized me, as if she knew . And there was also the way she abandoned herself to me when I took her in my arms, thinking that it was Sydney. She may have been pretending to be Julia Thorne, I know that what I felt near her is what I used to feel with Sydney. And only with her.
He stopped talking, realising that he was talking to Jack about the way he felt in his daughter’s arms. The thought that it could put him in way more danger than posing as a covenant agent crossed his mind.
He was surprised when he encouraged him to go on.
-It might sound ridiculous, but... I have the feeling that it is not just my eyes that recognized her. It’s my whole being. And I know that if it hadn’t been her, I wouldn’t have felt that way. I know it.
Jack thought that they couldn’t base their assumptions on feelings; but he also knew that whatever he could have been thinking about it, the bond that linked Vaughn and his daughter was strong. Very strong. He had never seen her happier than when she was with him. So, maybe that he too, could allow himself to hope to able to find Sydney again one day. His Sydney.
Jack stayed silent for a moment and Vaughn could not help but ask the question he had been dying to ask.
-Do you think it’s possible?
At this moment, Vaughn understood that Jack trusted him, and believed in what he had told him. This thought comforted him, and he thought that if he believed in it, then there really was hope.
-So, you’re saying Julia is the Covenant agent you’re going to have to work with?
-Yes, apparently. Our first mission is in Paris in two days.
-Who is your handler? McGill?
-Yes.
Piece by piece, a plan was forming into Jack’s mind. He knew exactly what he was going to do.
-Here is how it is going to work. I’m going to ask to become your handler, so that we can contact each other without taking too many risks to blow your cover, and this way, we will be able to talk about Sydney too. Moreover, if it’s really her, I don’t think it is good thing for the CIA to be know it.
Vaughn couldn’t agree more with him. They couldn’t know what the CIA would choose to do. It could jeopardize Sydney. When thinking that, he tried to reason himself: he didn’t even know it if was her yet. And despite that, he couldn’t prevent this insane hope from invading his whole being, a hope he had forbidden himself to feel for so long. He was just afraid that the fall might be hard in case he was wrong.
-And what if it’s really her? What are we going to do?
For once, Jack did not know what to answer.
-I have no idea, he said. For now, just do your job. Try to find some signs, some clues that could indicate us who is really Julia Thorne. Personally, he added, I am going to do some research, and try to discover something that might help us.

---------------------------------------

Julia entered in the club where Michael and her were supposed to meet around 11:00 pm. All eyes were drawn to her, and she could not help but smile. She was feeling damn good tonight, and loved the idea of drawing the attention of all the men of this club.
She was supposed to wait at the bar, but she really wanted to have some fun. She made her way to the dance floor, and spotted her target for the next dance: young, handsome, in his thirties, and terribly sexy.
She thought about Michael again, as she was taking the young man’s hand and drawing him to her, and asked herself what could have been going on with her that night. Three days later, she had almost forgotten the feeling he had awakened in her. She was telling herself that it must have been a passing phase. No one had ever had this kind of influence on her, and she didn’t want anyone to do so.
And tonight, she was going to have fun; she was going to make this mission while enjoying Michael’s presence in order to enjoy her night. She had always worked that way, and she had every intention for it not to change.
But, when Julia saw him coming to her, all her resolutions suddenly faded away, and only one thing remained: this feeling he had awakened in her, so scaring and so bewitching at the time. She was falling into him. And what she refused to think or believe was that she was doing more than just falling into him. She was falling in love.

TBC...

Ooooo....falling in love. She is already IN love with him. Hehehe ^_^ I love this story, and I can't wait for more. I hope she umm...remembers something and that maybe she is Sydney :D Thanks for the pm more soon please ;)

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Hi everyone!

Please, don't kill me. I know I haven't updated in 2 weeks, but R/L has been crazy, and we don't always do what we want, otherwise I would have posted this earlier. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this fic, both in french and english, and that I'll keep on updating it. ;)
However, this is going to be my last update before August, because tomorrow I'm leaving for another country, for a 3-week-vacation, and since I won't be home, I won't be able to work on this fic. I'm really sorry, and believe me, I'm going miss you all a lot. I hope that by the time I come back, you won't have forgotten about this fic :whistle:

Again, thanks to each one of you for reading this fic, I can't believe how many people are actually interested in this story. Thanks! I love you all! :hug:

So, here is the fourth chapter. I hope you'll like it, and let me know what you think.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 4: Intimate Conviction</span>

Vaughn took a deep breath before setting foot into the nightclub. He couldn’t help being slightly nervous. In fact, he was afraid of what he could discover that night. If this woman truly was Sydney, what was he going to do? And if, on the contrary, she was a double, how could he bear to team with her? How could he stop himself from killing her , so that Sydney’s face would stop haunting him this way?
All he was hoping was that whatever the answer might be, he could actually obtain one. He needed to know.
The bar was their rendezvous point, but a few seconds were enough for him to spot her on the dance floor. Breathtakingly beautiful, as usual.
He slowly made his way to her, and during that short lapse of time, he wondered how he was supposed to be acting around her on that night. Should he pretend not to be affected by her proximity? Should he try to get closer to her?
Before he even had the time to find an answer to his questions, Julia pushed back her partner and came to him. When their bodies brushed against one another, as they were beginning to dance, Vaughn realised that he could try as hard as he wanted, he would never be able to pretend to be indifferent when it came to her. And this thought comforted him in his thought – his intimate conviction – that Julia Thorne was Sydney Bristow.
Little by little, they both let themselves get carried away by the music that was playing in the back. To Julia, it was a way or another to try not to abandon herself to Michael, and the outcome was far from evident. However, she had to play along. She wasn’t supposed to be feeling anything.
She raised her arms in an gracious move, moving her body to the rhythm of the music, and when her eyes met back his, she prayed for him not to see the emotions he stirred in her. She just tried to appear arousing, just a woman that wanted to have fun. It was what she had planned at the beginning. Then, he had come close to her.
Despite their proximity, she was still trying to keep her distances, trying not to get too close. As Michael’s gaze was beginning to tear down the walls she had built up around herself, a woman walked behind her and pushed her, sending her directly into his arms.
During the first few seconds, he did not move, unable to break their visual contact. He hadn’t actually realised that she was against him. His arms were alongside her body, and without being able to control them, he surprised himself when he placed them around her waist. She was wearing a black top that showed a lot of cleavage, as well as low-waist jeans, and when his hands came to rest on her sheers, he felt Julia’s skin quiver under his touch.
Even though to them, the world had stopped during that short time, people were still moving around them, the very loud music coming out of the speakers, and it brought them back to reality. They had to dance. To move. Standing there without reacting would have meant acknowledging their weakness to one another. So they started to dance again, but this time, the dance was far more dangerous than they could have ever thought.
Julia put her arms around his neck, a desperate attempt to cling to something real, trying to stop the feeling of falling endlessly she got whenever she was near him. Her hands landed on his neck, and it took all her willpower not to run them through his hair. Or to run them lower over his body, to go where all of her own body longed to go. She pursed her lips in order to try to push this feeling away. Their bodies melted into one another, and it hit Julia to see how in one dance, Michael and her could be closer than she had ever been with Simon, despite all the nights they had spent together.
If one person, by walking too close to Julia, had been able to push her against him, Vaughn wondered exactly what could succeeded in separating them. He felt desire rise inside of him, something he hadn’t felt for such a long time. Since Sydney. And it had to be her.
Suddenly, in spite of the total confusion that reigned in his mind, body, and heart, an idea formed inside of him before he could even realize it: he was going to kiss her. Then, he would know. He would recognize her.
Slowly, he leaned towards her, just enough to let her know what he was about to do.
When she saw his face get closer to hers, Julia wondered if she wasn’t just dreaming, if her desire for him hadn’t taken over her to the point where she had hallucinations. Bu when his lips came only a few inches from hers, she understood that she wasn’t dreaming, and that she had to make a choice. And quickly.
Either she gave into him, and did what each and every fiber of her body was dictating her to do, either she resisted, and in the mean time, showed him who was in control. And as much as it might cost her, to push away a man she desired more than anything else in the world, she knew it was the right thing to do. Moreover, she thought, it was time to get ready for the mission. This way, she could hide from him the effort she would have to make in a few seconds, or at least she hoped so.
Putting back on her mask of indifference, Julia withdrew her hand from Michael’s neck and put a finger on his lips before they could touch hers.
-It’s time, she said with a smile on her face.
Was she toying with him? Vaughn couldn’t help wondering if the desire and trouble he had read in her eyes a few moments before hadn’t just been a reflect of his own feelings, now that he only saw in her a woman using all the people she met, never worrying about anything except her own well-being and satisfaction.
-Ok, let’s go.
They both moved towards the back of the nightclub, and as Julia was getting ready to use her gadget, capable of depriving the building of electricity thanks to magnetic waves, Vaughn remembered his instructions for the mission. She would cut the electricity for two minutes, and during that time, they would both infiltrate the building’s offices.
They easily went through the access door, given the total confusion that reigned inside due to the lack of light, and when they parted, Julia took one last look in his direction. Everything was up to him tonight. And despite the fact that it was only their second meeting, and that she had only known him for three days, she trusted him. She was becoming aware of this as she was silently going up the stairs leading to the office she wanted to get access to. She couldn’t lie to herself and pretend that it astonished her because of the fact that, professionally speaking, she didn’t trust anyone. She knew, she felt that she could count on Michael and trust him beyond the role he had to play in this mission’s success.
To succeed in infiltrating the room controlling the electricity of this building without being located, temper with the videos circuits so that she could work safely, she knew he could do it. He was competent. She didn’t need any proofs to guess that, and her intuitions were usually pretty good regarding that subject. Beyond that, she could feel, with the look her gave her, the connection they were already sharing that she could trust him. Her head, her reason, refused, pushed back this feeling, but she could feel it invading her body a little bit more with every new heartbeat.
When she arrived upstairs, she took a quick glance at her watch: in a few seconds, the light would be back in the building. Now, it was Michael’s turn to do some magic and make her disappear from the control screens.
Vaughn, on his part, had taken the stairs in the opposite way: he had gone to the basement, where were located all the electricity alimentation controls rooms of the nightclub. As he had only went down a dozen of steps, he couldn’t help but stop and turn around in Julia’s direction. He could have sworn that a few seconds before, she was looking at him. However, when his eyes met her silhouette, going up the stairs with her usual insurance and grace, he told himself he must have been dreaming. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately...
After all, she had used him a few seconds before. She had let him think – or he had thought, he didn’t really know what to think anymore – that his presence affected her, and when he had wanted to kiss her, this diabolic smile had appeared on her face, sweeping away any impression of sweetness or loss of control, and she had stopped him before he could reach her lips.
And Vaughn knew that it wasn’t just about the mission. If she had felt at least the quarter of his desire, of this attraction, she wouldn’t have been able to pull back. Sydney wouldn’t have been able to do so.
There had been so many nights, so many times where he was supposed to go back to his apartment, and her to write the report of their last mission, when his keys had ended up on the floor, her computer had shut down itself, and when they had kept on kissing and making love until dawn... Sydney wouldn’t have pushed him away, he thought again.
He finally arrived at the bottom of the stairs, and going through the plan in his mind, located the room he was interested in. Once inside, he quickly took the material he needed out of his pocket: he didn’t have much time left, and Julia’s security depended on him.
Directing his flashlight towards the wires providing the video flow to the monitoring room, he searched for the red wire : it was the one he was supposed to disconnect, and to which he had to add his alternator, so that the images restored on the control screens, wouldn’t reveal Julia’s presence in the office of the nightclub’s owner.
But Vaughn tried to disconnect the wire from its support, and as hard as he tried, there was nothing he could do. It didn’t want to move.
He took a quick glance at his watch, and felt panic invade his whole body. Of course, he didn’t even know if the woman he was so worried about was actually Sydney. But all he knew was that in fifteen seconds exactly, the lights would be back in the building, and he had no idea of what he was going to do to prevent Julia from being made.

TBC...

First to reply :woot: Great chapter loved it :laughbounce:
Have a nice vacation ;) Can't wait until august to read more :smiley:
And thanx for the pm.

Great chapter. Have a great time on your vacation. Don't worry, I won't forget about this fic, it's to good to forget about it. Thanxs for the pm!

~Carter~

Oh, it's so cute. I love how he is all worried about her, like he would be with Syd. This story just gets better and better with every update. I can't wait to read your next one, and thanks for the pm. More soon please :D

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Back