Love Her Back To Life

Hi!!

So heres goes the 8th chapter! I hope you'll all like it. ^_^

I can't thank you enough for your reviews!

Oh and I took the liberty to "postpone" Sydney's death from may to late october, because of the scene in this chapter... Hope you won't mind!

Laurie
:group:

At the end of last chapter:
-Jack Bristow.
-It’s Vaughn.
There was a pause, a short lapse of time during which Vaughn though that Jack must have started to think he was just a fool again.
-What do you want?
He took a deep breath, and said the words. But even now that they had been spoken, he couldn’t truly believe in it yet.
-It’s Sydney.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 8: October 1st</span>

He should have probably said “it’s her” instead of “it’s Sydney”. But he wanted be sure it was clear enough, as clear to him as to Jack. His daughter was alive. His daughter wasn’t dead.
-Are you sure this line is secure?
Even if Vaughn hadn’t made this revelation, he would have been caring enough to ask this question. But truth be told, right now, he didn’t care. Sydney was alive. Could there be anything more important?
-I don’t think they had the time to plant bugs yet, if they are going to anyway. And I needed to talk to you about it. I needed to talk to someone.
-How did you find out?

*Half an hour earlier*
Julia had gone to change in the other cabin of the plane a few seconds only after getting on the plane. She needed to step out of these clothes, to forget this evening. Nothing had gone on the way she had planned, and she felt rather frustrated. There were so many things she had had to assimilate in a few hours.
First, she knew from now on that Michael’s proximity plunged her every time in a second state, whether it was with a look, a hand held out or going through her hair. Or even a simple phrase or simple words he would speak. What bothered her the most was the fact that she would have to work with him several more times in the near future, and that she still hadn’t managed to control and channel those emotions he awakened in her. She was afraid never to be able to do that. What would she do in this case?
He was definitively one of the most gifted people for this kind of mission, and she could not ask to switch partner. What would she tell Simon? “Michael makes me feel everything you never knew how to awake, but it scares me too much, so I need you to find someone else for me?” No. It was the last thing to do.
And aside from Michael, there was the captivity he had extracted her from. What drove her crazy was not what this man could have done to her, but what he had said. She honestly thought that if had just done his job and pulled a teeth out of her mouth without giving her this little speech, she would be feeling better right now. What was she to do? Could she trust everything he had told her? Had he truly met her before?
She finished changing, and after gathering all her clothes and accessories in her bag, she went back to the main cabin, where Michael was waiting for her.

---------------------------------------

Vaughn was relieved to see her appear in front of him ten minutes after leaving to change. He had been scared that she would have problems doing so because her ankle was hurting her. But obviously, he had been wrong to worry, because even though she was walking with a little difficulty, she looked perfectly fine.
She was wearing a white cotton shirt and some black pants, and to him, she seemed even more beautiful than earlier.
That’s what he loved so much about Sydney. After the missions, after the lies and the extravagant outfits, she came back to herself, to her simplicity. And at this very moment, she was all his. Her smiles, her tears, her laughs, her anguishes and her joys, he was lucky enough to be the one she was sharing them with.
Michael, stop that
There still was a part of himself that refused to believe in the fact that Julia was Sydney; but it was getting smaller and smaller with every new heartbeat of his.
-We’re taking off in twenty minutes, he told her before moving towards the adjacent cabin.
He took a last look at her, as she was comfortably installing herself in the plane’s seat, probably exhausted from her mission, and he admired her beauty once again before closing the door behind him. No one had ever had this kind of natural grace except for Sydney. No one.
When Vaughn was done, he came back and found her completely laid on the seats, her eyes already closed. She must have fallen asleep because of her exhaustion, he thought.
He sat down in front of her, his hands resting on his legs, and his gaze immediately went back to her. It was like a magnetic force, like his eyes would not rest unless they were looking at her.
He was tempted to get even closer to her, but he knew this was something that he could not, or rather was not supposed to do.
After looking at her long enough to have memorized each one of her features in his mind, something he hadn’t been able to do before Sydney’s death, his eyes finally detached themselves from her face. Before he had the time to start looking at her in a way he shouldn’t have been thinking about, something caught his attention. She was wearing on her neck a chain that he hadn’t noticed before, probably because she hadn’t been wearing it around him.
Vaughn leaned towards her, the form of the pendent too familiar not to draw his attention. He took it in his hands, while being careful not to wake Julia up. And at this very moment, he saw that it was indeed what he had thought. He remembered. And he understood.

Vaughn quickly got in his car and immediately started the engine. It did not take him more than a dozen minutes to arrive at his destination. He wondered if the little amount of time it had taken him to get there was due to all the lights he had came across that had been green ones – or had he burned them all? He couldn’t remember – or to the joy he was feeling that had transported him, making him fly above the clouds.
He was able to see her from where he was, and he had to prevent himself from running to get to her faster.
Sydney soon felt two powerful arms embrace her and let her eyes close, enjoying every second spent near him.
“Hey”
“How long have you been waiting?”
“Long enough for you to be able to heat me up now that you are here”
It was only early October, but a light breeze was blowing on the pier around this time of the day. Without saying another word, she turned her head towards him, so that their lips would meet. When they parted, her whole body relaxed against his. It was so magical to be there, with him, leaned against the railing of LA’s pier, his arms around her waist, his lips leaving kisses that felt like caresses on her neck.
“I’m sorry”, he said.
“I’m not”
“I came as fast as I could”
“I could stay here for hours if it means you are the one coming for me”
Vaughn didn’t say anything else, but instead he tightened his embrace a little more to feel her closer to him.
“So, why did you ask me to meet you here?”
There was a short silence during which he intertwined his fingers with hers, and then he spoke again.
“It feels strange, doesn’t it? To come here, to kiss one another, whereas for so long, we couldn’t even look in each other’s eyes?”
This time, Sydney completely turned around and faced him, her back leaning on the barrier and her hands instinctively finding Vaughn’s again.
“Vaughn...what’s going on?”
The excitation that had invaded him minutes ago had just been replaced with a calm that he never thought he would experience in his life. Now that she was here, beside him, that he had just kissed her and taken her in his arms, everything was perfect. Everything was exactly the way he wished it would be. He knew Sydney was the one causing this feeling inside of him, and he was planning on staying next to her forever.
“Do you feel it?” he asked her as he wrapped his arms around her waist again.
She answered without hesitating.
“Us?”
He nodded, and his lips met hers again, both of them losing themselves in the emotions this kiss was able to awake in them.
“I want to feel that way forever”, he confessed.
She looked up at him, and was once again amazed by everything she could see in his eyes. Respect, admiration, affection, concern, and love. Love.
She could almost see her future in his eyes. No, not almost. She could see her future there because he was her future.
“Me too”
Her emotions were sliding on her words, flowing on him, filling his heart like only Sydney had the power to do.
Vaughn attracted her to him, his head nesting in her neck and his fingers stroking her hair. He could feel her warm breath on his skin, and a wave of feelings assaulted him, making his heart beat a little faster.
When he reopened his eyes, he noticed the sun disappearing right before them, shining with a million of colours. He invited her to turn around so that she could admire it too without saying a word, just communication with his gaze.
“It’s splendid” she whispered.
And it really was for Vaughn. This night was perfect.
“Just like you”
They were not facing each other anymore, since they were both looking in the same direction, but Vaughn saw her smile nevertheless, because it became so big and radiant of happiness that he would have seen it with his eyes closed. He would have felt it.
As she was still lost in the contemplation of the spectacle that had offered itself to them, Vaughn took a box out of his pocket.
She heard a noise, but didn’t move. However, when she heard him open something, she couldn’t help but ask him what he was doing.
“Close your eyes”, he asked her.
She obeyed him, and as his hands passed very close to her shoulders, she felt a cold metal come in contact of her skin. Unable to wait any longer, she brought her hand to her neck and was surprised to find a chain there. She finally opened her eyes, and dived them into Vaughn’s right away.
“Do you like it?” he asked her.
There was a pendent on the chain, in the shape of an angel. And on the back, an inscription: “October 1st – Always”
Sydney had to retain the tears that were threatening to run down on cheeks, and brought her hand to her mouth in the hope she could retain the sobs as well. She wasn’t capable of doing anything else, and it was him who erased her tears by running his thumb on her cheek.
“Do I like it?”
She never thought she could so happy to cry, that the sensation of the tears running down her cheeks could give her so much happiness.
What Vaughn had just offered her was more than a simple gift. It represented everything they had been through, the fact that they had arrived here, and that they had done that together. And it represented everything she hadn’t been able to have until now, and that him only could offer her. A future. A future she was eager to live, but in the meantime, a present she never thought could be so perfect. With him.
This pendent represented all the winter’s evenings when she would wear it for the whole world to see it on her wool sweater, safe in his arms. It represented the summer’s nights when they would make love on a beach, lost at the other end of the world, and it would be the only thing she would be wearing. This pendent represented what she would give her daughter so that it would bring luck into hre life, as her parents’ love had succeeded in bringing them back to one another, whatever the obstacles had been.
“I guess this is a ’yes’ “, he said smiling, also containing his own tears. He was so moved to be able to cause so much joy inside of her.
He had already seen Sydney cry before. He had taken her into his arms to comfort her, he had kissed her to help her forgetting, he had made her forget by melting his body into hers; but he had never seen cry this way. Cry happy tears. And he loved those tears, they were running down her cheeks erasing on their passage any trace of those that had come before and hurt her.
Sydney gave up the idea of speaking, she felt way too many things to talk or try to translate them into words. She needed a physical contact other than the arms that were already around her waist. She put her lips on his, only kissing his upper lip. Then, she completely turned towards him, and her entire body cambered against his. Their tongues finally collided in a kiss full of promises, showing their emotions and what they were feeling deep inside.
After having completely lost the notion of time – seconds, minutes, or hours having maybe gone by – but also the notion of breathing, the fact that you are not supposed to kiss someone else to the point where you are out of breath, they finally pulled back.
Sydney huddled herself close to him, and whispered something as she had laid her head in the hollow of his neck, and her warm breath entered Vaughn’s body like a shock wave.
“Thank you”
He didn’t answer anything, and simply took her hand in his, inviting her to go back to the car. He wanted to go back home because he wanted to show Sydney how much he loved her. Words and gifts could never be enough. No, he wanted to make her feel it, perhaps in a way he hadn’t dared before.
He had planned on offering this to her a while ago, but this morning, when he had woken up, the past two years had come and danced before his eyes. He had watched her sleeping, as he had done so many times, and loved to, and had remembered everything. The good moments as well as the bad ones, all the ones that had brought them where they were. But what had hit the most was his love for her. In the end, it was all that mattered. And it was what he wanted to show her so badly, more than anything else, that night.

Vaughn finally released the pendent, but he wasn’t able to detach his eyes from Julia. From Sydney. Now that he knew it was her, how could he ever take his eyes off her?
He relaxed against the plane’s seat, and let out a breath he had been holding for over a year. Since he thought she was dead.
Yet, she was there, next to him, with him. Less than a meter away from him. Or at least, physically. But even if today, she was Julia, he knew there was still a part of Sydney buried somewhere deep inside of her. He now understood that what he had thought seeing in her eyes hadn’t been one of his mind’s tricks. It had been real, he had been able to feel it, just as he had always been able to feel what Sydney felt, especially during that night after he had given her the necklace.
For the first time in months, Vaughn allowed himself to remember that night, to remember the taste of her lips and of her skin, the smell of her hair, the sound of her voice when she had whispered his name endlessly. Until then, those memories had been hurting him too much, stabbing his heart a little bit more each time. But today... today everything had changed. Everything was different.
He got closer to her, and his most rational thoughts telling him he shouldn’t have moved, that despite everything, it gave him no right to do that left his body: he leaned towards her, and delicately laid his lips on her forehand, running his hands through her hair.
One way or another, he had no idea how, she didn’t wake up. He stayed in this position a few moments more, unable to get away from her. And before he had the time to realise it, tears started running down his cheeks.
He closed his eyes again. He had found her...

TBC...

Just WOW!!!! I just read your whole story in one sitting...it's absolutely amazing!!!! That last chapter was soooo sweet and the pendant...I want a Vaughn!!!!! :(

Can I please get a PM when you update next???

Thanks much.
-Miriam

Hello everyone!!

It's been a while I haven't mentioned her [🔨 me], but Jenn, my beta for this story, deserves a HUGE thank you :smooch: I wouldn't be here talking to you without her ;)

I hope you'll enjoy the chapter...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 9: Prince charming</span>

A few minutes before dawn, Vaughn brutally woke up, sweating and trying hard to catch his breath. He had a hard time separating the reality from his dream, or rather from his nightmare. He had the feeling he was still standing on this beach, tears freely running down his face, an incommensurable pain inside his chest, holding in his arms what was left of the woman he loved the most in the world. Holding a ballot box filled with her ashes.
He pushed the sheets away from him, got out of this bed, and made his way towards the bathroom. His hands came resting on the side of the sink, and after staying in this position for a few seconds without moving, he finally opened the tap and let fresh water refresh his face.
He caught the nearest towel and dried his face, then came back to his bed an opened his suitcase. He put on a pair of jeans and a shirt, and went to lean on the barrier of his hotel room’s balcony.
It wasn’t the first time that this dream had came and haunted him in his sleep, but he hadn’t been expecting it. He should have, however. After what he had found out the night before, he could expect anything.
After her death, or more precisely after having spread her ashes in the sea, he had had this dream each and every night. His dreams had bled into his reality, to the point that sometimes, he couldn’t be sure whether he was living through that morning every day. And this dream hadn’t been a part of his life anymore since the day he had decided to avenge Sydney’s death.
Now, he was telling himself that all this pain he had felt no longer had any meaning. She was alive...
He would never have thought that this idea wouldn’t make him happy. It was true that his prayers had been answered, that she was back in his life. But to what extend?
When he had announced it to Jack, when he had told him that he was sure it was Sydney, there had been a silence on the line, a few seconds during which he hadn’t talked. Jack Bristow, the man that had answers to everything, who was never intimidated, who was generally the person leaving his interlocutor speechless, hadn’t talked. How could you choose between being extremely happy because you found her again, or simply because she is alive, or run your hand over your forehead and sigh because even if she is alive, she has never been that far away from you?
He had set a meeting with Jack two days later before hanging up because the plane was about to take off. Less than two hours had gone by when they landed in Nice, and a private car had taken them to their hotel. She hadn’t said a word up until the moment they had arrived in front of their rooms and that she had wished him goodnight.
He hadn’t said anything either, because he didn’t know what to think, or what to feel. Was it stupid to want to knock on her door and to kiss her senseless in hope that she might finally remember him? Remember who she was before?
He had fallen asleep with this thought stuck inside his head, and it didn’t seem to be about to go away anytime soon. But Sydney had always constantly been on this mind, and it was certainly not going to change today.
Vaughn entered the room again and got undressed, throwing uncaringly his clothes on the bed so he could take a long and hot shower. It might help him. He didn’t know what else to do.

The first sunbeams awoke Julia, and she immediately put her head back under the pillow. She wanted to go back to her dream. To Mich–
This thought made her stop dead, when slowly realising she had been dreaming of Michael. As if enough perturbing things weren’t already happening to her. It was the last thing she needed, to dream of both of them alone on a beach of Santa Barbara. And it was all the more ridiculous than she had never been there...
Without wasting any more time, she got off the bed and quickly went into the bathroom. Her ankle still hurt a little bit, but the pomade Michael had applied the day before had made miracles.
She took a glance at the clock before entering the shower and saw that she had a little bit more than an hour and a half to get ready.
First, they had been in a nightclub, and now they were going to meet in a meeting club. And given what happened between them every time they were near each other, it was going to be very interesting, she thought.

Julia entered the meeting club while thinking that her outfit was really ridiculous. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, and she was wearing a white shirt closed up until the last button. Her skirt was terribly long; and the glasses she wore gave her the feeling she looked like an old teacher that always hoped to meet, one fine day, her prince charming.
She smiled at the young lady who was standing at the reception, and after introducing herself as Rita Jones, she asked to be registered in the club. She was given a form to fill so she could become a member and access the database to be able to meet people.
She began to give the information that was asked – that she had carefully memorized before coming – and repressed a laugh. She thought it was so ridiculous for her to be there, registering in a meeting club so that she could find her “soulmate”. Of course, it was only for a mission. But still, she had never thought she would find herself in this situation one day.
There was another reason that gave the certainty that she had nothing to do in this kind of place, aside from realising this mission. Four days earlier, it would have been because the concept of “prince charming” or “soulmate” seemed absurd to her. She just wanted to find someone to share her nights with when she didn’t want to spend them alone in her bed.
But today, she wished the part of her that screamed she no longer needed to look for this man that would complete her had been silent. And that this very man was about to join her here so they could get the document they were looking for.
No sooner had she had the time to finish filling her form than Michael walked in the building, attracting the glances of the women that were already inside.
Julia may have been feeling disproportionate and uncontrolled emotions for him, she knew very well that her physical attraction had precise reasons to exist. She was aware that Simon was sexy too, but there was something in the way Michael walked, moved, in the way he smiled that was literally bewitching her. And the smile had just given at the young lady at the reception awoke in her something pretty foreign to her. It was strange, and it made her wish she could twist that woman’s neck, after expressly requiring her not to touch him. Was it jealousy?
She knew she was a rather possessive person, she didn’t like people touching her stuff or what belonged to her; but it was the first time she felt that way about a man. Maybe it was because she had never truly felt anything for Simon?
“There you go again”, she thought.
She used to make so much fun of the mawkish novels, their languorous looks and breathtaking kisses. And yet, she had to face the reality: Michael had taken her breath away, made her heart beat wildly, and even more, without having kissed her once. Truth be told, they had barely touched each other.
This man had made her experience so many different feelings in the past few days that she couldn’t help wondering what was awaiting her in the future...
The receptionist, who was asking herself what such a handsome man was doing in this kind of place, flirted with him shamelessly until Julia coming towards them and interrupting their little conversation put Vaughn out of his misery. She gave the woman back her inscription form, and while she was being registered into the database, he gave in and allowed himself to stare at her in a way he shouldn’t have. She might have been dressed in a rather banal and unattractive way, she was still unbelievably sexy.
Since Sydney’s death, he hadn’t touched any other woman. He couldn’t even remember the last time he had really looked at one – not the way he was staring at Julia, because those looks were only meant for her – but simply the way men stare at women. Honestly, he didn’t think it had happened. And now that she was standing in front of him again, he wanted and needed her even more.
“Michael, control yourself”
Happily for him, she appeared to be done with her inscription and was already making her way to the rooms in the back of the building. It reminded him why he was standing in this place. He had a mission to realise, and it was certainly not the time to forget it.
This club worked the following way: once you were registered, you could go one of the rooms to consult the files of the others members, and also watch videos of those who had provided one.
While Julia would go to that room, Vaughn would finish registering, and then would go and wait outside the room she was in, pretending to be waiting for his turn. In reality, once he would be alone, he was going to join her and assist her in the mission.
It was pretty simple, the hardest part was not to get caught while they would open the safe’s door hidden behind a fake library. It was there that they were to find what they wanted to retrieve. However, despite how smooth the mission should go, he had a strange presentiment. It wasn’t a bad one, but it was like something important was going to happen. After all, with Julia, he had better expect anything...

After having examined distractedly the files of two candidates, Julia finally heard Michael arrive in the hallway.
Despite the fact that there was a hidden room, there were no video cameras monitoring the building. But on the other hand, no one was supposed to make a copy of the hard drive containing all the compromising information about what was located here. And moreover, the door that Julia and Michael were going to have to open would probably be a small challenge. She was convinced that they would succeed without any problem. Why did she have the feeling that together, they could overcome anything?
Michael got in the room, putting an end to her thoughts, and quickly got closer to her.
-Are you ready?
She nodded while getting up and put the files she was holding back on the table.
-Yes.
She moved towards the library in front of her, and remembering the information discovered the day before, she looked for the book that gave access to the hidden room. She put her hand on the rack with the intention of pulling out one of the books, but Vaughn preceded her and their hands touched. He eyes met his, and for a moment she lost the use of her tongue.
-Fourth line from the top, seventh book from the left, he told her with a bewitching voice as he reached the right book.
Julia couldn’t believe it. Had she just chosen the wrong book? Had he just touched her hand and render her speechless?
The middle section of the library started to slide, putting an end to her embarrassment and revealing the armoured door they had both been expecting.
-It shouldn’t be a problem, should it?
Vaughn stared at her, but she wasn’t reacting. She looked like she had left the planet earth since he had touched her hand. He tried to reason himself, but deep down he truly hoped he was the reason of her current state.
However, he had to bring her back to reality because they didn’t have all the time in the world.
-Julia?
She immediately reacted to the sound of her name coming from him, and Vaughn had to discretely bite his tongue faced with what he had just almost done. He had been about to call her Sydney...
-Yeah, sorry, she said while grabbing her purse on the table.
She gave it to him and he quickly took out of it an electronic instrument out of it, whose form was identical to a CD player. He placed it next to the keypad, and once he had pushed the “play” button, it started seeking all the six-number-combinations that were possible.
Meanwhile, Julia kept her eyes locked on the keypad, not wanting to move her gaze in fear of meeting Michael’s. She could feel his eyes fixed on her, but she didn’t allow herself to give in to her want to turn her own to get lost in his.
After one minute and a half of extreme tension between the two spies, the door finally opened, the right combination having been found.
Without saying a word, they entered the little room. There were many things stored in there: boxes full of files, old statues, paintings from famous artists, and many other objects. They both looked for the coveted object, a thirty-centimetre cylinder that was likely to contain valuable documents – or at least, Vaughn thought, valuable to the Covenant. A simple look at reduce-sized room was all it took to understand what they were looking for wasn’t there.
-Come on, he told her while touching her arm lightly to incite her to leave.
Her hand on he skin caused in her a shiver that ran through each cell of her body, and she got mad at herself for feeling that way. She had psychologically prepared herself to that by telling herself she couldn’t do anything about it, but it was nothing compared to what she actually felt when near him, when his skin touched hers.
-No, she answered. I’m sure it’s in here somewhere.
Above all things, she didn’t want this mission to be a failure. Last night had been enough for her. She had to find what they were looking for. She had to focus on something else than him...
-Sy–
He stopped right in the middle of her name, correcting himself for the second time already in two minutes.
-Julia, please. Don’t take any useless risk. There’s nothing here.
If there was something she hadn’t lost during her brainwashing, it was her stubbornness. Yes, Julia Thorne was as stubborn as Sydney Bristow.
-I’m sure that–
Vaughn didn’t let her any more time to speak. He firmly caught her arm and made her exit the room. He closed the armoured door and grabbed the so -called CD player; that he put back into Julia’s purse. She was just starting to make the middle section of the library slide back, awfully frustrated she had let herself being directed by Michael when he heard footsteps in the hallway moving towards them.
Vaughn had to act fast. If the person whose footsteps echoed, sounding close every time, entered the room, she would notice for sure the opened secret door. Unless... unless a distraction prevented her from doing so...
He put Julia’s purse back on the table, and as fast as he could, and turned around to face her. Then, after swiftly pushing her against the wall that was still sliding back into place, he captured her lips.

TBC...

First :woot: *runs back to reading*

That was so adorable and they kissed :love: Can't wait for more!
And thanks for the pm.

how cute they kissed. cant wait for more. thanks for the pm. wonder what julia/sydneys gonna say. lol i wouldnt say nothing i wouldnt care id be in heaven lol

brenda

Back