Over My Head

Sydney felt tears steam down her face as she held her little bundle of joy. She fingered a dark brown wisp of hair on her daughter’s hair then moving the blanket to the side to count all ten fingers and toes.

She was perfect.

A minute later, Sydney was moved to another room on the maternity ward, shortly after, her daughter was brought in, freshly cleaned, and now in a hospital issue onesie and a pink cap covering her head.

Sydney immediately took the baby into her arms with a sniff; she couldn’t believe her baby girl was finally here.

After a roller coaster ride of emotions and events, she was here.
Too bad Michael weren't there!!! Loved the update :lol: Can't wait for more!!

Nope, emergency c-sections don't take any time at all. My first c-section wasn't a total emergency, the
baby was in distress, and it only took 9 minutes from the first touch of the knife until the baby came
out.

That producer better hide when Michael finds out he missed the birth.
But, everyone but Nadia missed it.

At least, with Nadia taking her to the hospital the tabloids missed it.
I hope they can keep the birth quiet until Michael gets to see her.
Yup, and doctor's can do a c-section even quicker if they need to. ;)

Thanks for reading everyone!

:D

Yay!! the she had the baby!!. Too bad Michael wasn't there to see it... stupid producer!!... I'm sure he will be so happy when he finds out....

Awesome chapter. Can't wait for more.

°°NiCkY°°

Just remember, if you kill me, I can't post any more chapters! :angelic:

[Chapter 17]

Nadia was allowed to come in a few minutes later, immediately cooing over the newborn girl. Syd reluctantly let the baby out of her arms for Nadia to hold her briefly.

“Syd, I hate to burst your happy baby bubble and all, but don’t you think you should call Michael?” Sydney froze, in all the excitement and worry, she had completely forgotten about Michael. “Do you want me to go call him?” Nadia asked after a moment.

Sydney looked at the clock on the wall, “He’s in the middle of a shoot, I’ll call him in an hour or two.” Sydney answered, turning her attention back to the baby in her arms.

“Well, I’m going to go call Mom and Dad; I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Nadia said, slipping out of the room.

After a couple minutes, a nurse walked into the room, “I have to take the baby for a few minutes for another test.” She said softly.

Syd sighed, “Okay.”

“Have you thought of a name yet?” the nurse asked, taking the small infant from Sydney’s arms. Sydney just smiled and shook her head. “Oh, well, for now it’s Baby Bristow.”

“Bristow-Vaughn.” Syd corrected the nurse.

The nurse just smiled and walked out of the room with the baby.

Syd was left alone for a few minutes, exhaustion finally setting in. She closed her eyes to get a few minutes of rest, but Nadia burst in, startling Sydney.

“Syd, they’re here.” Nadia said, slightly worried.

“Who? You just called Mom and Dad like five minutes ago.” Sydney’s brow furrowed as she rested her head against the slightly scratchy cotton pillow.

Nadia sighed loudly, “No, Syd, the paparazzi.” She said sadly, wishing her sister could be left alone for one hour to celebrate the birth of her daughter.

“Wh-what?” Sydney choked out, tears brimming around her eyes.

“Syd, I’m so sorry. They’re here already.” Nadia told her, “They’re trying to find out info on the baby already.” Nadia really was sympathetic for her sister. Just because the baby was half Michael Vaughn, she was already being stalked.

“Bu-but, how do they know already?” Syd asked, exhaustion and aggravation pushing the tears down her cheeks. Nadia didn’t know and simply shrugged.

“Nadia, I can’t do this.” Syd sobbed, resting her face in her hands. “I can’t do this anymore.”

Nadia’s brow scrunched up, “Syd, what are you talking about?”

Sydney sighed, “You know how I told you sometimes I want to run away, I’m going to do it. I’m going to take her somewhere safe, where those people” Sydney spat out the word people, “can’t hurt her.”

Nadia’s eyes widened. She thought her sister was just venting when she had that idea, but she was completely serious now. “What about Michael?” Nadia asked, it was the only flaw she saw in her sister’s plan.

It would be easy enough for Sydney to move away to a small town just a few hours away, unnoticed, effectively escaping the tabloids. How would she work it out with Michael though?

Sydney looked down guiltily, not saying anything. “Syd, you have to tell him.” Nadia said softly.

Syd had tears steadily streaming down her face, “I’ll check out of the hospital before he gets home, and I can get away with a clean break.” Syd said, a sob escaping her lips.

Nadia sighed, “Syd, you can’t do this. This is his daughter, too. You can’t just... not let him see his daughter.”

Sydney knew Nadia was right, but the only part of her brain thinking was the part that wanted to protect her daughter, and the only way she thought fit was getting away from LA, from Michael.

After a minute, Syd sighed, “He’s the reason I’m in this frackin mess. He’s the reason there are paparazzi out there now. It’s all his fault.” She sobbed.

Nadia glared at her older sister, “You know what, I think you’re scared and being completely unrealistic.”

“I am scared. I’m scared they’ll hurt my baby girl!” Sydney exclaimed, tears dripping down her chin and onto her hospital gown.

“No, I think the real reason you want to get away is because you’re scared of your feelings, you’re scared of what could happen with Michael if you stay. You’re scared of getting your heart broken,” Nadia said knowingly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“That’s not true. You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.” Sydney yelled.

“That’s exactly what it is,” Nadia stated smugly, trying to cross the room so she could comfort her sister.

Sydney shook her head fiercely, “No,” she yelled, pointing an accusing finger at her sister, “Don’t come near me. I don’t want to see you right now.”

Nadia looked at her sister for a minute with sad brown eyes, before slowly backing out of the hospital room.

As she shut the door, she heard the beginning of a string of sobs come from her sister.

“How are they?” Irina asked Nadia with an excited smile, upon seeing her youngest daughter in the waiting room.

“The baby’s great, SO adorable. Big.” Nadia smiled, thinking of her baby niece. “Syd is... good,” she told her parents after a moment, “She was, uh, sleeping when I left the room.” She lied, knowing her sister wanted to be alone right now.

Jack smiled, he was a grandpa. “So, details? Did Syd pick a name yet or anything?”

Nadia shook her head, “No name yet. Um, the munchkin was eight pounds and, like, ten ounces; twenty inches long. From what I could tell, she looks just like Syd: dark hair and dimples, but she was asleep, so I don’t know.”

Irina aww-ed, “Can we go see her?”

Nadia nodded, “Yeah, she’s in the nursery.” Irina immediately rushed down the hall, eager to see her grandbaby.

Jack stayed behind, “Are you going to tell me what’s really up with your sister? Why did you lie and say she was asleep?”

Nadia felt the tears forming in her eyes as she fell into her father’s awaiting, comforting arms. “She wants to leave, and just... take the baby and not even tell Michael.” Nadia confessed, burying her head in her father’s chest.

“Shhh... I’ll fix this.” Jack said softly, holding his youngest daughter while he mind was on his oldest daughter.

:hide:

hmmm... this is great! i mean it's not cool for the "i want to leave" thingie, but i can feel that Sydney starts to have some feelings for Michael. :D

Syd had tears steadily streaming down her face, “I’ll check out of the hospital before he gets home, and I can get away with a clean break.” Syd said, a sob escaping her lips.
IDIOT. and can't michael sue her for taking sole custudy of their baby?

hmm... i'm sure they could resolve this is a non-legal matter :naughty:

ok, i think Sydney has been hit with a stupid stick, i understand leavin, but she HAS to tell Michael, its not fair :(
great chapter though ;)
can't wait for more
update ASAP :D

I really hope Jack fixes it because that's just super wrong. And it is definitely not Michael's fault that they are in that situation! Also, Nadia is freaking right!

Great chapter!

Back